I know the above question sounds more like it came from an MBA student (which I used to be, until about 5 months ago). Anyway, the need here is to understand:
1. What kind of domains do you pick and buy for the sole purpose of flipping them for profit? Do you go by particular "hot" niches or just any niche with a decent market size? Do you go for keyworded domains? [Ok, that was extremely stoopid of ask that despite knowing the 'most' obvious answer... I just poked my eye as a punishment :p]
2. Do you buy just a .com domain or a set of domains of different TLD extensions?
3. Do you purchase a domain and park it on services like Sedo.com or something, until it is sold?
4. What are your favourite marketplaces to flip domains? What pricing methods do you normally apply and the bases (plural of basis) for the same?
5. Do you build a site around a particular domain and monetise it, until it is sold? If so, do you sell the site along too? [Ok, I poked my eye again. So, please excuse my stupidity one more time. ]
6. If you sell the site along, do you offer the site for free along with the domain purchase? What I'm trying to ask is... when you're selling a site along with a domain, it's basically site flipping. But, our idea from the start was to sell the domain. So, is the site a freebie? I understand it depends on the sale price, but you may have other ways to look at it, and I'd like to know about it.
The answers to these questions will help a lot of Warriors that don't have a lot of time on their hands (for whatever reason - a full-time day job in my case) and want to earn some extra income online. Thanks for your views on this, in advance