New kid on the block.. Need help on almost everything

by Abhik
22 replies
Hello People,
I am pretty new to Internet Marketing. So, expecting your help on every aspect of it.

You gurus talk a lot about building lists and creating squeeze pages.
I need to know what are Squeeze Pages and what are Lists?

How to build a good list and a squeeze page?


TIA
Abhik
#block #kid
  • Profile picture of the author Richard Van
    Ok dude,

    A squeeze page is a webpage with the aim of getting people to leave their name, email and whatever else you want on that page. The list is the group of people that sign up and leave their details on that page. People use autoresponders like Aweber to control and organise their lists....It'd be a good idea to go to Aweber to learn some more on this I think they have some good video's.......and I'm definately not a guru!!!
    Signature

    Wibble, bark, my old man's a mushroom etc...

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2494781].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Manie Amari
      Originally Posted by Richard Van View Post

      Ok dude,

      A squeeze page is a webpage with the aim of getting people to leave their name, email and whatever else you want on that page. The list is the group of people that sign up and leave their details on that page. People use autoresponders like Aweber to control and organise their lists....It'd be a good idea to go to Aweber to learn some more on this I think they have some good video's.......and I'm definately not a guru!!!
      Well said Richard. Yes squeeze pages are created to collect name & email.

      The tool used in connection with the squeeze page is an auto-responder, i.e. Aweber.

      Once you have a list you can then mail to that list related products of that list's interest or sell your own product.

      However, it is argued that in order to get the best results from your list is to build a relationship first.

      For example 1: someone opts into your list in order to gain access to a free gift you are offering and straight away you promote products.

      For example 2: someone opts into your list in order to gain access to a free gift you are offering and you first offer them tips for or helpful advice on their topic interests and then after engaging them for a while you then offer related products.

      Building a list requires:

      *Squeeze page
      *Auto-responder
      *Traffic


      Kindest


      Manie
      Signature

      This will NOT be up for long. Get it now whilst You still can. Btw it's FREE...
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2495798].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author sbucciarel
    Banned
    You can also try the search function of the warrior forum. Those topics have been covered extensively and it probably would benefit you to do more reading at this point and then ask questions when you got some basics out of the way.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2494892].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author hireava
    You've surely heard of opt-in lists. If you haven't, an opt-in list is an email list of people who have agreed to receive information from you in their email inboxes. If you send them commercial email messages without that permission, you are spamming them - and that is against the law now. However, if you have their permission, you are not spamming them. They have the option of unsubscribing from your list anytime that they want to, and you must honor any remove requests that you receive.
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2495761].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author bertuseng
    You first need to aquire some good quality info on the subject. A short post like this won't be enough to tell you everything you need to know.

    To start, get a PLR report or write your own report to giveaway.

    Go get yourself an Aweber autoreponder account and create a form.

    Create a short opt in squeeze page where put your autoresponder form on to get people to opt in to get your free gift.

    Drive traffic to your squeeze page.

    I think this sums it up.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2495843].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author jbsmith
      Great info so far, let's just take a step back and understand WHY you would want these things.

      Understand that the vast majority of people that will arrive at your website will be "cold" - meaning they don't know you, probably haven't heard of you or from you before.

      So - the liklihood of someone pulling out their wallet and buying from you or your site tends to be low - say averaging somewhere around 1 in 100 (yes you can get better, but for cold traffic, 1% is not an unusual average for new website owners)

      But, what if they knew you? What if you shared with them some valuable information that led them to believe you really know your stuff and they can trust you? What if you helped show you are an authority in your market? What if you shared some testimonials or case studies that helped bring 3rd party proof to the table/ And what if you were able to bring your prospect back to your sales site multiple times over a few month period so that if they weren't totally in a position to buy this month, they may be by the end of this year?

      We call these prospects "warm" prospects - they have heard from you before, have some degree of trust and likeability toward you and they have seen your website before.

      What happens is that those "warm" prospects are far more likely to buy from you - your products or even other products you recommend - than "cold" prospects.

      Now, back to Squeeze Pages, Opt-In's And Lists...

      So, given the reality above, a smart marketing approach is to drive "cold" traffic toward an opt-in "front-end" so your main objective is capturing them (or squeezing them) into your "warm them up" marketing funnel.

      That means...

      1. You want a page to send them to that incents them to sign up - a squeeze page is one option - a blog or article with an opt-in form is another, though the less distraction, the more opt-in'syou will get

      2. You want a list manager (autoresponder) to manage all aspects of capturing hte email address, linking them with different lists you may have, allow you to setup automatic email sequences to them (example a pre-set message every 2-days for 2-mionths), broadcast special blasts out to them and to manage email changes, unsubscribes, duplicate sign-ups, etc...

      3. Follow-up sequence - a very strategically set of content foll0w-ups designed to move your prospects to trusting customers

      Hope that helps,

      Jeff
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2495882].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author jclz3d
    The best way is to just try it out. You will need to adjust and change your squeeze page to optimize your conversion rates.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2495858].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Abhik
    Thanks to all of you.
    It's now getting clearer to me.

    So, building a list isn't that easy if you don't have traffic, right?
    What if someone buy a email list (I noticed someone selling them on the other forum) and send a email to them to optin again? Will that be a SPAM also?

    TIA
    Abhik
    Signature
    WSO SPECIAL!! [$29 Limited Time] → Comments+ WordPress Comment Enhancer Plugin

    Professional Blogging Model | ItsAbhikDotCom
    Discover the formulas that are bringing in more than $10,000 per month for me from simple Affiliate Marketing mixed with Professional Blogging.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2497843].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Manie Amari
      Originally Posted by Abhik View Post

      Thanks to all of you.
      It's now getting clearer to me.

      So, building a list isn't that easy if you don't have traffic, right?
      What if someone buy a email list (I noticed someone selling them on the other forum) and send a email to them to optin again? Will that be a SPAM also?

      TIA
      Abhik
      It can be argued that the only short cut to a decent sized list (500 opt ins) for a beginner is paying for the traffic generation i.e PPC, Solo ads...

      However, buying an email list and then blasting them with offers is considered as SPAM!

      Food for thought: Even if buying a list and blasting them with links back to your squeeze page got you 1,000 sign ups, would you consider this list as targeted?

      Do you believe that this list will convert well?


      If I were you I would learn how to do the basics first; then hopefully once you have the fundementals you can then test different techniques to increase you list size quickly.

      Moreover Congrats on asking and thinking in the right direction in relation to list building!


      Kindest


      Manie
      Signature

      This will NOT be up for long. Get it now whilst You still can. Btw it's FREE...
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2497921].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Coby
        Originally Posted by Manie Amari View Post

        It can be argued that the only short cut to a decent sized list (500 opt ins) for a beginner is paying for the traffic generation i.e PPC, Solo ads...

        However, buying an email list and then blasting them with offers is considered as SPAM!

        Food for thought: Even if buying a list and blasting them with links back to your squeeze page got you 1,000 sign ups, would you consider this list as targeted?

        Do you believe that this list will convert well?


        If I were you I would learn how to do the basics first; then hopefully once you have the fundementals you can then test different techniques to increase you list size quickly.

        Moreover Congrats on asking and thinking in the right direction in relation to list building!


        Kindest


        Manie
        Manie has good points here. Also, a shortcut to build a list if you have money to spare is to venture over to the JV section and purchase a solo ad. some gurantee 300 clicks so with a slight investment (around 100) you could essentially have 100 to 300 subscribers right away.

        Once you get a little bit of a list going (couple hundred) you can find ppl on this forum (and others) with a similar size list to do swaps with you. Once you start doing that it will become a snowball effect and you'll never look back.

        And to answer your question about PURCHASING email list, DO NOT DO NOT DO NOT PURCHASE EMAIL LEADS (get the idea). I've never heard anything but bad stories involving these. (i should back up and and not say never b/c someone might come in and tell me i'm a huge idiot and they have a list of 100k that they purchased and make 5K a month, I've never heard anything like this but it could happen). The reason i'm saying this is b/c before my list started growing I was looking around for the same thing (an email list to buy) and all my research showed it wouldn't be worth the investment. I ran across one article that a guy wrote about how he purchased a 150K email list and actually was given another 100K after some problems arose and got several spam complaints and eventually decided to have them opt in to his main list and chunk the rest (also due to non responsiveness) and he ended up with 77 ppl frrom those 250K that actually opened his email and decided to stay with his newsletter.

        Now the above story could be made up but the guy seemed straight forward and he talked about how he tried to build a relationship with the purchased list with no luck.

        Also, I think Aweber will ban your account if they find out you are using this type of email leads.

        Just a heads up, hope this will help.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2498102].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Richard Van
          Thanks for the thanks and elaboration Manie and to all the other warriors that chipped in here.

          I think the idea with this post is the dude needs to know the diff between a list and a squeeze page. Chap, with all due respect listen to what sbucciarel says, she knows her stuff real well and the point is, a bit more research here will help you a lot. I think you need to walk before you try running. Check out this forum for similar posts, go to the search bar and just enter the problem, you will find answers.

          Best thing, do some more research, learn a bit more then ask the questions. Thats not to say don't take action, better to try and fail than sit around reading poxy manuals at 2k a pop all day long while not trying. Just do a bit of basic research first chap. This is basic stuff you're asking but hell thats how I learned. Thing is I learned from just failing and trying, over and over, not the best way but it makes for a thick skin.

          Good luck dude.
          Signature

          Wibble, bark, my old man's a mushroom etc...

          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2499260].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ACPBen
    Refer back to what Richard Van said elaborated again by Manie Amarie. This is an awesome thread of info..Thank you
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2497871].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author midas1234
    Hello Abhik

    We have all been in the same position! I found help in a Free chat room at
    www budurl.com/TheGentleMentor give it a try as I said its free, just go to the bottom of the page and click the try for free link.

    regards

    Dave
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2499506].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Tina Golden
    Originally Posted by Abhik View Post

    Hello People,
    I am pretty new to Internet Marketing. So, expecting your help on every aspect of it.

    You gurus talk a lot about building lists and creating squeeze pages.
    I need to know what are Squeeze Pages and what are Lists?

    How to build a good list and a squeeze page?


    TIA
    Abhik
    This makes absolutely no sense unless those sites in your signature are not actually YOUR sites? Which would be against the rules of the forum.

    But since they both have subscription forms on them, either you aren't the newbie you're making out to be or you are posting for link juice to other people's websites.

    Tina
    Signature
    Discover how to have fabulous, engaging content with
    Fast & Easy Content Creation
    ***Especially if you don't have enough time, money, or just plain HATE writing***
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2499599].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Ken Leatherman
    I will say this, there have been some really good folks in here giving some valuable information and many other new folks could really benefit from the information.

    But I think Tina is correct in her assessment. The OP is either in violation of the signature rules, "no direct affiliate links" or he is trying to pull the wool over the warriors eyes about his lack of expertise. The sites he has in his signature are created by someone who darn well knows what they are doing.

    Ken Letherman
    Signature

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2499729].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Abhik
    @Tina and Ken,
    Yes, you are partially right. I do not own those sites of my own.
    But, I do own some share, and that makes me legitimate to have those links in my signature.
    I am actually a newbie in Affiliate Marketing and want to start my own ventures. May be someday I'll replace those links with my own websites/blogs.

    @Tina only, may be you'd kind enough to show me where those sites have subscription forms? If you are talking about RSS Subscriptions, then yes, it's there, but you can find NO, I repeat, NO single form to collect emails for email marketing.

    Since I am a n00b, you folks should know the rules better than me.

    Anyway, I the things are clear to me. But, I have another question (Well, that relates with one of the links in my signature and the topic of this question). Perhaps, I should make a separate thread for it.
    Signature
    WSO SPECIAL!! [$29 Limited Time] → Comments+ WordPress Comment Enhancer Plugin

    Professional Blogging Model | ItsAbhikDotCom
    Discover the formulas that are bringing in more than $10,000 per month for me from simple Affiliate Marketing mixed with Professional Blogging.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2501785].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author waterotter
      Originally Posted by Abhik View Post

      @Tina and Ken,
      Yes, you are partially right. I do not own those sites of my own.
      But, I do own some share, and that makes me legitimate to have those links in my signature.
      I am actually a newbie in Affiliate Marketing and want to start my own ventures. May be someday I'll replace those links with my own websites/blogs.

      @Tina only, may be you'd kind enough to show me where those sites have subscription forms? If you are talking about RSS Subscriptions, then yes, it's there, but you can find NO, I repeat, NO single form to collect emails for email marketing.

      Since I am a n00b, you folks should know the rules better than me.

      Anyway, I the things are clear to me. But, I have another question (Well, that relates with one of the links in my signature and the topic of this question). Perhaps, I should make a separate thread for it.
      Quoted from your website "Webmaster Resources":

      "About
      Hello and Welcome to my blog Webmaster Resources. Here you will get some idea and informations on what this blog is about.
      Webmaster Resources is a place where Newbie Webmasters and a few of Pro Webmasters can learn and know about Search Engine Optimization (SEO) Tricks and how to make money online by SEO, Search Engine Marketing (SEM), Affiliate Marketing, Link Building and all other essential Webmaster Skills.
      You can also get tips on how to monetize a site or blog better and also tips to optimize ads.
      Here you will get to know about various ways to make money online apart from Webmastering and Online Marketing."

      Can't you take your own advise on affiliate marketing??? There's something fishy going on here. The sig rules are here for a reason.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2506420].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Abhik
        Originally Posted by waterotter View Post

        Quoted from your website "Webmaster Resources":

        "About
        Hello and Welcome to my blog Webmaster Resources. Here you will get some idea and informations on what this blog is about.
        Webmaster Resources is a place where Newbie Webmasters and a few of Pro Webmasters can learn and know about Search Engine Optimization (SEO) Tricks and how to make money online by SEO, Search Engine Marketing (SEM), Affiliate Marketing, Link Building and all other essential Webmaster Skills.
        You can also get tips on how to monetize a site or blog better and also tips to optimize ads.
        Here you will get to know about various ways to make money online apart from Webmastering and Online Marketing."

        Can't you take your own advise on affiliate marketing??? There's something fishy going on here. The sig rules are here for a reason.
        Tina, many thanks for your reply and cleaning up my signature.
        I already told you that I have a little share on those sites. Actually, I am paying for the needed hosting and having my adsense ads running on them to get the ROI. Doesn't that make me legit to have those links in signature?
        I am NOT the one who's updating the sites. But, I want to start my own and that's why I was here to ask questions.


        @all,
        Thanks for your valuable feedback, I guess the questions I asked was already answered.
        Signature
        WSO SPECIAL!! [$29 Limited Time] → Comments+ WordPress Comment Enhancer Plugin

        Professional Blogging Model | ItsAbhikDotCom
        Discover the formulas that are bringing in more than $10,000 per month for me from simple Affiliate Marketing mixed with Professional Blogging.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2513417].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author jclz3d
    Take everything you hear from gurus with a pinch of salt. Just sayin'
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2501842].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Johstin
    Most has been already stated before but you definitely need a good system to help you build your list and create the capture pages for you.
    Signature

    Powerful Internet Marketing System Designed to Make Millions on Autopilot
    Business System Pro

    Get the Industries Most Elite and Profitable Pay Per Click Training Based On Results
    Pay Per Click Mastery Intensive Course

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2506537].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author dremora
    You need to establish a good relationship with your subscribers before selling them stuff. You can dish out 20 dollars and post a good value free WSO, that helps building the list. Also put the link to your squeeze page in your signature. Then head to facebook and create a fan page where you give away free pdf's, join groups and fan pages in your niche, that way you get more subscribers. Once you have some subscribers you can do ad swaps with small list owners ( see the small list threads in warrior forum joint venture section) also on facebook, join the small list groups/ fan pages and network with the people there.

    Be careful not to do adswaps with people who spam and promote crap products however or you lose subscribers. I join their list first and watch it for a while to see if it's decent quality, whether they spam etc.

    You can use YouTube to bring more traffic to your list too. I highly recommend imran naseem's free reports (Imran Naseem - Aspiring Entrepreneur, Innovator, Visualiser, Controversial) his facebook and YouTube reports will definitely help growing your list.

    I also recommend surveying your subscribers every now and then (I use surveymonkey.com it's free) see what topics they are interested in, then send them valuable free info on those topics. When you start promoting stuff, read the reviews in warrior forum product reviews section and avoid promoting the crap products with negative reviews.

    Shootme a pm if you need more help!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2506619].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Akits
    Hi I am also a newbie and looking to post on some blogs relevant to my niche but I am just wondering when you post on someon elses blog how do you reference your website, email etc.
    I would like to use a signature but not sure how I get started with creating one.
    Hope someone can help.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2515735].message }}

Trending Topics