Blogging regular is essential!

26 replies
Hi new bloggers,

I find that newbies are getting attracted by blogging. In hurry they setup blog and start blogging. After few days their enthusiasm gets evaporated and they forgot blogging. I think they should take care of atleast few things like below :

1) Decide on which topic you are going to write.
2) If you like writing on this topic?
3) If you have enough knowledge or experience of this subject?
4) If you are going to write it regularly.

I think this is just basic things every blogger should follow. Fellow experienced warriors will expand the list.

- Pradeep
#blogging #essential #regular
  • Profile picture of the author skymarketer
    It's a good list for things to do. Keep blogging. Those stale sites are the ones that owners gave up on long before they had any potential...
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2501429].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author discrat
      Being a Blogger for almost 3 years now, I find that the number 1 reason why people fail in Blogging is that they get burnt out.

      I find it imperative if you want to be successful at Blogging is to put in writing the frequency of which you are going to Blog. If you Blog everyday fine !! Stick with that. If you want to Blog just once a month thats fine too. Stick with that !!

      The point is to be consistent in your Blogging. The worst thing I see newbies do in Blogging is start a Blog and Post 3 times a day for 3 months and get all excited and tickled and then see no monetary results and just end up quitting altogether.

      In Blogging you MUST pace yourself and be PATIENT. It took me 2 years to break $600 month in Blogging. Hell, it took me a whole year just to break $100 month with consistent Blogging !! Much of that first year I was just Blogging to a big goose egg of an audience. And thats just part of the growing pains so dont be discouraged.

      It may take you longer or shorter than it did me , but it is paramount that you approach Blogging like a Marathoner approaches a Marathon. And that is the Race is not always won by the swiftest but to those who keep on running or in this case to those who keep on Blogging !!
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2501437].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Pradeep Bhagwat
        Originally Posted by discrat View Post

        Being a Blogger for almost 3 years now, I find that the number 1 reason why people fail in Blogging is that they get burnt out.

        I find it imperative if you want to be successful at Blogging is to put in writing the frequency of which you are going to Blog. If you Blog everyday fine !! Stick with that. If you want to Blog just once a month thats fine too. Stick with that !!

        The point is to be consistent in your Blogging. The worst thing I see newbies do in Blogging is start a Blog and Post 3 times a day for 3 months and get all excited and tickled and then see no monetary results and just end up quitting altogether.

        In Blogging you MUST pace yourself and be PATIENT. It took me 2 years to break $600 month in Blogging. Hell, it took me a whole year just to break $100 month with consistent Blogging !! Much of that first year I was just Blogging to a big goose egg of an audience. And thats just part of the growing pains so dont be discouraged.

        It may take you longer or shorter than it did me , but it is paramount that you approach Blogging like a Marathoner approaches a Marathon. And that is the Race is not always won by the swiftest but to those who keep on running or in this case to those who keep on Blogging !!
        Hi, your story of blogging is really inspiring to everyone. It shows great efforts you put for blogging. Your concept of 'Marathon approche' is basic of blogging. I thank you for sharing your experience here.

        - Pradeep
        Signature
        FREE GIFT! Finally Discover How To Create Your Very Own Hot Selling Information Product In The Next 7 Days or Less.Subscribe at my blog : PradeepBhagwat.com
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2501601].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author netkid
      I totally agree that new bloggers soon lose interest in posting and "keeping up" after the 4th month on average. I host 45 blogs for others after setting their blogs up from scratch.

      I even tell my customers that they should be ready to assume the role as "publisher" and the responsibilities that come with it. But, I think human nature sets in and they end up being "blog wanna be's" and that is that.

      It's a shame but they just don't see the long term benefit of profiting from it, if only they kept at it. I kept up all 5 of my blogs for the past 5 years and see money coming in from every one of them.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2501438].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author josechukkiri
    Hi bhagwat68, I am a newbie blogger. I am learning and gathering valuable information like the one you have written in your post. I agree with the idea of continuous posting of topics those are handy for one. I liked everybody's contributions here.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2501538].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author masterweb
      I find it's all testing/trial and error. The success rate is fairly relative and varies per blogger. Some grow their blogs faster or slower and others. The success comes from who they associate themselves with and how they follow through. The most interesting part of blogging is there are no hard and fast rules and you whatever works and where you fit.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2501555].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author leegs
    Hi Pradeep,

    I think you have got a point here. Blogging is about consistency and if you've an interest in the topics you are doing. You'll have more passion in doing it.

    You need to have strategy in place so as to earn income by blogging. I have started a couple of blogs surrounding the same niche. I have sub-niche each blog and drive traffic to the main blog, where the main blog is the money site.

    I've done some blog commenting on related markets and it works tremendously well after several weeks/months. However, you still require to track its clicks and test its conversion before you know you are doing the right thing.

    Hope it helps...

    Raymond
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2501660].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author cashcow
    Yeah, it can become tedious to post every day unless you are writing about something you have a passion for.

    There are a couple of things you can do though.

    One is to sit down in 1 afternoon and write out a bunch of posts then set them to drip in over the next week or 2 weeks - that way you can take a break for a full week and still have fresh content every day! (You can set them to drip in by setting the publish date in the upper right when you are making the post.

    The other thing is to get some guest bloggers to make post for you - fresh, unique content for free!

    Lee
    Signature
    Gone Fishing
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2501794].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Aussie_Striker
      Originally Posted by cashcow View Post

      sit down in 1 afternoon and write out a bunch of posts then set them to drip in over the next week or 2 weeks - that way you can take a break for a full week and still have fresh content every day!
      Lee
      I was going to mention the same. Another thing is if you have followers get them involved. Get them to ask questions that can be answered as follow up bloggs. That way you are not having to think about what to say, you just answer the questions in a long winded way.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2501861].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author N4PGW
        Originally Posted by Aussie_Striker View Post

        I was going to mention the same. Another thing is if you have followers get them involved. Get them to ask questions that can be answered as follow up bloggs. That way you are not having to think about what to say, you just answer the questions in a long winded way.
        Excellent advice. The whole secret to blogging success is giving the visitors the information they want to hear! Make enough visitors happy, and you have a successful blog!

        I wish I could have thanked this post more than once!
        Signature

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2503416].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author N4PGW
    Originally Posted by bhagwat68 View Post

    Hi new bloggers,

    I find that newbies are getting attracted by blogging. In hurry they setup blog and start blogging. After few days their enthusiasm gets evaporated and they forgot blogging. I think they should take care of atleast few things like below :

    1) Decide on which topic you are going to write.
    2) If you like writing on this topic?
    3) If you have enough knowledge or experience of this subject?
    4) If you are going to write it regularly.

    I think this is just basic things every blogger should follow. Fellow experienced warriors will expand the list.

    - Pradeep
    If you are new to blogging, here is a tip that will refine your skills while filling your site with a year or more worth of content.

    On the first day, go to an article database and hand pick 6-12 quality articles that match the topic of your site. Format them adding H1, H2 and H3 tags so they look good. Schedule the articles to be released on the same day of each week so you have one article per week being posted for the next 6 to 12 weeks. (I'll use Monday for this example.)

    Everyday for the next six days, write something about the subject of your blog. If you can't think of anything, write a follow up to Monday's ezine article. It is fine to have as little as one or two paragraphs. It does not have to be long. Schedule the articles about two days apart skipping the days that are next to a previously scheduled article. For example, your first written article will be posted on Wednesday. The next on Friday, the third one on the following Wednesday (you have an ezine article on Monday.)

    Repeat this every week. After the first week, or when you get comfortable writing, take one day to learn at least one SEO trick. Start implementing that trick when you create your articles and when adding ezine articles.

    In 60 days, this will all be second nature to you.
    Signature

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2501824].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author thedog
      Originally Posted by N4PGW View Post

      If you are new to blogging, here is a tip that will refine your skills while filling your site with a year or more worth of content.

      On the first day, go to an article database and hand pick 6-12 quality articles that match the topic of your site. Format them adding H1, H2 and H3 tags so they look good. Schedule the articles to be released on the same day of each week so you have one article per week being posted for the next 6 to 12 weeks. (I'll use Monday for this example.)

      Everyday for the next six days, write something about the subject of your blog. If you can't think of anything, write a follow up to Monday's ezine article. It is fine to have as little as one or two paragraphs. It does not have to be long. Schedule the articles about two days apart skipping the days that are next to a previously scheduled article. For example, your first written article will be posted on Wednesday. The next on Friday, the third one on the following Wednesday (you have an ezine article on Monday.)

      Repeat this every week. After the first week, or when you get comfortable writing, take one day to learn at least one SEO trick. Start implementing that trick when you create your articles and when adding ezine articles.

      In 60 days, this will all be second nature to you.
      Very interesting... i've a few questions

      I'm just signed up to ezinearticles, it brings me to an author page when I log in... I have to keep hitting the back button to get to the home page.

      When I do a search for articles, I can see some I'm interested in.... do I just copy and paste these into my site?

      How does this generate traffic for the author?

      Cheers
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2501860].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Pradeep Bhagwat
        Originally Posted by thedog View Post

        Very interesting... i've a few questions

        I'm just signed up to ezinearticles, it brings me to an author page when I log in... I have to keep hitting the back button to get to the home page.

        When I do a search for articles, I can see some I'm interested in.... do I just copy and paste these into my site?

        How does this generate traffic for the author?

        Cheers
        You can not just coppy the article and paste into your website. You have to copy it with resource link of authour, otherwise it will be violation of ezinearticle rules. Secondly, if authors contact email address is given then you should inform the authou about using his/her article. You have to use resourse link, and from that author gets traffic. For detail see the ezinearticles FAQ.

        - Pradeep
        Signature
        FREE GIFT! Finally Discover How To Create Your Very Own Hot Selling Information Product In The Next 7 Days or Less.Subscribe at my blog : PradeepBhagwat.com
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2501958].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author N4PGW
        Originally Posted by thedog View Post

        I'm just signed up to ezinearticles, it brings me to an author page when I log in... I have to keep hitting the back button to get to the home page.
        Don't log in. Go to ezinearticles.com and enter your keyword choice in the search box at the top. Google will list all the articles that match. Go to the article like any google search and scroll down to the bottom of the article. A little ways below that, past the sponsored ads, is a tiny box sort of to the right. Inside the box is a selection called "Ezine Publisher". Click on that and it will take you to a page. Scroll down and either choose the text version, or below it, the html version. I usually choose the html version as it leaves all the links in tact according to the rules.

        Paste it into the post window under the HTML tab. <== VERY IMPORTANT!

        Switch back to the WYSIWYG view and format it according to your pleasure.

        Originally Posted by thedog View Post


        When I do a search for articles, I can see some I'm interested in.... do I just copy and paste these into my site?
        Pretty much!

        Originally Posted by thedog View Post

        How does this generate traffic for the author?

        Cheers
        This isn't traffic generation. It helps populate your blog.

        Traffic Generation is a whole different topic that I am not prepared to handle just yet. Sorry, no offense.
        Signature

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2503398].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Deepak Media
    I am very happy that blogging is not so easy. Else I would have had so much competition
    And my blog wouldn't be where it was now.

    Yaro staraks blogmasterming course is good for newbie bloggers.
    Signature
    Digital Marketing Author | Speaker | Consultant

    Read my Blog: DigitalDeepak.com

    @ Bangalore, India.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2501830].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author masterweb
      Originally Posted by Deepak Media View Post

      I am very happy that blogging is not so easy. Else I would have had so much competition
      And my blog wouldn't be where it was now.

      Yaro staraks blogmasterming course is good for newbie bloggers.
      I'm fairly new to blogging/internet marketing, although I have quite a bit of experience in writing articles. Do you happen to have the link to Yaro Starak's course?
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2502667].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author ElMundodelExito
        Originally Posted by masterweb View Post

        I'm fairly new to blogging/internet marketing, although I have quite a bit of experience in writing articles. Do you happen to have the link to Yaro Starak's course?
        This is the link for Yaro's course > Internet Marketing Blog- Entrepreneurs-Journey.com by Yaro Starak
        Success
        Signature

        I am not judged by the number of times I fail, but by the number of times I succeed. And the number of times I succeed Is in direct proportion to the number of times I can fail and keep trying.
        Want to enter the Spanish market? Let me build your site, graphics, articles, free consultation!. Just PM me

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2504156].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author thebitbotdotcom
    This may sound strange, but one of my blogs is about a subject that I know a little about but am continuously learning about. Every time I figure out something new, I am enthusiastic about it and turn it into a blog post while the fire is burning. If has worked out well so far. So, in an odd kind of way, complete detailed knowledge of a subject can actually be a hindrance, if that makes sense.
    Signature
    Do Your Copywriting Skills Suck?

    Let Us Help You Develop Your Writing Skills!

    Submit Guest Posts With [ TheBitBot.Com ]
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2501992].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author FutharkLifehack
    Amen. Once they realize Adsense won't make them $100 a day, they either radically change their concept, quit, or try to find other get rich quick schemes.

    Let me introduce a theme here that many of you might not know. It has to do with personal development, but you can use it to blog about whatever you want.

    The trick is to try to post about concepts that do no change over time. Let's say you love the iPhone and want to blog about it. For some people it might work, but the most likely thing will be...

    ...the iPhone sucks in 2 years and is no longer trendy = useless blog

    Blog about principles that are not able to change. For example, in keeping with the theme, blog about communication technology. There will ALWAYS be communication technology for the rest of history. This keeps the focus clear, but the material that can be unearthed is huge.

    Hope this helps a little.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2503794].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author sundaram
    Not only regular blogging but regular updating of the content is also important to get a good PR for the blog. Content has to be updated keeping in view the provision of the latest information to the readers.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2504066].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author N4PGW
      Originally Posted by sundaram View Post

      Not only regular blogging but regular updating of the content is also important to get a good PR for the blog. Content has to be updated keeping in view the provision of the latest information to the readers.
      Are you suggesting they edit old posts because the time has changed, or to add updated posts that reflect that change?
      Signature

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2508798].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Quentin
    I think the reason most people give up on blogging is that they think of it as a magic bullet.

    They forget that a blog is really a set of web pages that will be working for years and are creating digital real estate.

    Just like any real estate, to get good results you need to plan out your strategies and implement over time.

    Q
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2504121].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author discrat
      Originally Posted by Quentin View Post

      I think the reason most people give up on blogging is that they think of it as a magic bullet.

      They forget that a blog is really a set of web pages that will be working for years and are creating digital real estate.

      Just like any real estate, to get good results you need to plan out your strategies and implement over time.

      Q
      I couldnt agree more. This has always been my Philosophy and is one of many strategies in buidling true wealth in business. And that is owning your own Online real Estate. I just cant understand why the heck people cant grasp this concept and why more dont embrace it. I say own your own darn Traffic. Dont borrow it or rent it with PPC or Article Marketing, IMHO !!!

      With blogging you can own that real Estate and set up a very nice retirement for yourself and much more with it !!!
      The skies the limit with Blogging if you give it time !!
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2504230].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author cybernac
    The blogging I do is really only to get my blogs spidered frequently and my links followed. It is dull and time consuming, but since I don't much care WHAT I blog about, I tell jokes and list silly things that happened to me that particular day. Sometimes I just blog about someone I am p***** at just for the sake of having something to say!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2508836].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author N4PGW
      Unique content will keep google happy. Have you considered auto-blogging to fill gaps? apparently your blogs don't have a niche, so you could add articles from EZA to be drip fed once every week or two and then fill in the gaps with your personal content. I haven't been real good at posting to my blog in my signature, but it did get advanced to PR1 recently.



      Originally Posted by cybernac View Post

      The blogging I do is really only to get my blogs spidered frequently and my links followed. It is dull and time consuming, but since I don't much care WHAT I blog about, I tell jokes and list silly things that happened to me that particular day. Sometimes I just blog about someone I am p***** at just for the sake of having something to say!
      Signature

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2508883].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author 2stace
    I constantly add content to my blog, which brings repeat visitors. Also, when they comment, I personally send them a "thank you" message, which tells them I am an active blogger and encourages them to come back to my blog and check out new content.

    If you are using WordPress, get the "Thank Me Later" plugin and personalize it.


    Plus, I provide free stuff on a separate page, which helps other bloggers to develop their business, so a lot of people come back to see what new freebies have been added.

    Hope this information helps you to keep your blog afloat and successful.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2508910].message }}

Trending Topics