I'm planning to get a video cam to do some simple short video clips of myself speaking on various topics and uploading them to sites like youtube etc.
I was surfing around and checking out what are the video cams out in the market that might suit my needs, below are my findings hope you all could advice me and share with me a tip or two.
1. Budget below US$700. Of course the lower the better as I'm not into the video hobby.
2. Kodak Zi8 seems very popular here and able to accept external mic which is good as people need to hear clearly what I'm speaking. Handheld shots seems fuzzy but guess once on a tripod everything will be ok?
3. Sanyo Xacti series, more expensive than Kodak, some people like it, some don't like it but can't accept external mic.
4. Toshiba's Camileo S10 and P30? Can't accept external mic?
5. Video camcorders from brands like Sony, Canon, JVC? Saw that Sony has better lens quality and perform better in low light.
6. Compact digital cameras that are able to shoot video? Or can forget about it as not worth it?
7. Lastly, my mobile phone contract is expiring, I could also consider getting the apple iphone 4 which can shoot HD video, is this any good? Think it can also accept external mic right as it can connect to those headsets with mic?
Will appreciate any advice & tips.
Thank you & have a nice weekend!