Listbuilding: I never KNEW Wordpress could do THIS!

15 replies
Ok...so I have been a moron and I left money laying all over the bloody place. I resisted building a list. Not sure if it's my ADD or that I am simply rebellious. I hang my head in shame and you all can beat me about the head and shoulders but I am glad to say that I started.

A nifty thing that I figured out today was that you and add Aweber forms to your WP blog. I know...it was really difficult to find this and a stroke of some sort of genius to think that it might be a good idea to put the forms on my actual blog with all of that nifty related content that people read every day.

It actually took, start to finish, all of five minutes to go to my widgets page on my blog, type in "aweber", find the plugin, install it and throw the jscript from aweber into the plugin and save it. Seriously, it took me longer to make coffee this morning!

If you aren't building a list and you think that it's just too difficult why not try it. Put together a free book from some plr, add some purdy pictures, make it into a pdf and you have free content that people are going to want. Sign up for an autoresponder and away you go!

Hope this helps someone like me who tries to complicate things and makes it harder than it has to be...
#knew #listbuilding #wordpress
  • Profile picture of the author Dr Livingston
    Doesn't get easier than that ;-) They have plugins for everything. When in doubt, just google it and you'll find it. Now, it's time to load your autoresponder with a killer course or free report and then building a relationship with that list. Good Luck!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2503774].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author thebitbotdotcom
    Congratulations for figuring that out...

    I have one in my sidebar, a cool slide-up and about 30 different squeeze pages, some of which rank on position 1-3 for up and coming keywords on Google, Bing and YAHOO.

    It is not as hard as you would think. I learned it all here at WF and over at DP and V7N.
    Signature
    Do Your Copywriting Skills Suck?

    Let Us Help You Develop Your Writing Skills!

    Submit Guest Posts With [ TheBitBot.Com ]
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2503791].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Pauline60
    I keep thinking about list building and evryone says you should do this . But here is my problem - I am scared stiff of building a list because I wouldn't know what to send them.
    Am I totally useless - what do you do with a list once you have got one?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2503797].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author thebitbotdotcom
      Originally Posted by Pauline60 View Post

      I keep thinking about list building and evryone says you should do this . But here is my problem - I am scared stiff of building a list because I wouldn't know what to send them.
      Am I totally useless - what do you do with a list once you have got one?
      I used to feel the same way. Here is what I do...Every time I post to my blog, I send them an excerpt and a link to the post.

      Sometimes, you could drop a line after the link that gives away a freebie or a hard sell.

      I am not trying to promote my blog, but your could sign up to my newsletter by clicking one of the links in my signature. Just watch what I do. You will get an email about once or twice a week with an e-mailer update. An unsubscribe link is provided and required with every email by law.
      Signature
      Do Your Copywriting Skills Suck?

      Let Us Help You Develop Your Writing Skills!

      Submit Guest Posts With [ TheBitBot.Com ]
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2503810].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Harold Lindsey
      Hi, I use to feel the same way. One of the things that I did was to simply send them an email saying hello, and telling them that you are just like them. And to do this you just tell them a short story about some of the things that you did online that day. It works like a charm...

      Because you are not trying to sell to them and you are being 'Real'. They will appreciate that. Then down the road, if you come upon something that has help you out. You can pass it on to you new and growing list.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2504141].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Caleb Spilchen
        Originally Posted by tpw View Post

        Awesome, I just noticed he is the devil too... I am sure his parents would agree too, if only they knew what he did on his weekends... LOL
        My parents know...

        Originally Posted by teleam View Post

        Hey! I was gona say that....


        Originally Posted by Harold Lindsey View Post

        Hi, I use to feel the same way. One of the things that I did was to simply send them an email saying hello, and telling them that you are just like them. And to do this you just tell them a short story about some of the things that you did online that day. It works like a charm...

        Because you are not trying to sell to them and you are being 'Real'. They will appreciate that. Then down the road, if you come upon something that has help you out. You can pass it on to you new and growing list.
        Uhh. That has to do with.... nevermind
        Signature

        Canadian Expat Living in Medellin, Colombia

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2504146].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Harold Lindsey
        Hi Pauline60, I used to feel the same way. One of the things that I did was to simply send them an email saying hello, and telling them that you are just like them. And to do this you just tell them a short story about some of the things that you did online that day. It works like a charm...

        Because you are not trying to sell to them and you are being 'Real'. They will appreciate that. Then down the road, if you come upon something that has helped you out. You can pass it on to you new and growing list.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2504153].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author bretski
          Originally Posted by Harold Lindsey View Post

          Hi Pauline60, I used to feel the same way. One of the things that I did was to simply send them an email saying hello, and telling them that you are just like them. And to do this you just tell them a short story about some of the things that you did online that day. It works like a charm...

          Because you are not trying to sell to them and you are being 'Real'. They will appreciate that. Then down the road, if you come upon something that has helped you out. You can pass it on to you new and growing list.
          It's like deja vu all over again!
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2504162].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Caleb Spilchen
    Uhh Bretski,

    You could just add a regular widget and throw the HTML aweber code in...

    Caleb
    Signature

    Canadian Expat Living in Medellin, Colombia

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2503934].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author bretski
      Originally Posted by Caleb Spilchen View Post

      Uhh Bretski,

      You could just add a regular widget and throw the HTML aweber code in...

      Caleb
      Your way sounds way too complicated and convoluted. Plus you're the devil..."Posts: 666"
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2504057].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Caleb Spilchen
        Originally Posted by bretski View Post

        Your way sounds way too complicated and convoluted. Plus you're the devil..."Posts: 666"
        Fixed now Bretski, and no it's not. It's as simple as Copy and Paste

        Caleb
        Signature

        Canadian Expat Living in Medellin, Colombia

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2504074].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author tpw
        Originally Posted by bretski View Post

        Your way sounds way too complicated and convoluted. Plus you're the devil..."Posts: 666"
        Awesome, I just noticed he is the devil too... I am sure his parents would agree too, if only they knew what he did on his weekends... LOL
        Signature
        Bill Platt, Oklahoma USA, PlattPublishing.com
        Publish Coloring Books for Profit (WSOTD 7-30-2015)
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2504076].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author teleam
        Originally Posted by bretski View Post

        Your way sounds way too complicated and convoluted. Plus you're the devil..."Posts: 666"

        Hey! I was gona say that....
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2504077].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Caleb Spilchen
    and i'm about to unleash on all of you!
    Signature

    Canadian Expat Living in Medellin, Colombia

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2504129].message }}

Trending Topics