no telephone number for press releases - help please!

9 replies
Hello Warriors!

I'd like to distribute press releases for a new website & product based in London, UK, but don't have a telephone number.

I'm thinking at looking at a virtual or ghost service (that forwards to a mobile), but this can be costly...

Would appreciate some advice - has anyone else encountered the same problem?

Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated!

Many thanks,
Justin
#number #press #releases #telephone
  • Profile picture of the author Kevin Riley
    Originally Posted by justinknightley View Post

    Hello Warriors!

    I'd like to distribute press releases for a new website & product based in London, UK, but don't have a telephone number.

    I'm thinking at looking at a virtual or ghost service (that forwards to a mobile), but this can be costly...

    Would appreciate some advice - has anyone else encountered the same problem?

    Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated!

    Many thanks,
    Justin
    Easy fix. I picked up a Manhattan number through Skype. I pay about $25 quarterly. Anyone who calls there gets rerouted to my Skype. I have received a few funny calls - like the process server and the salesman selling car warranties (I'm in Japan).
    Signature
    Kevin Riley, Kevin Riley Publishing, Osaka, Japan


    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2505058].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author justinknightley
      Originally Posted by Kevin Riley View Post

      Easy fix. I picked up a Manhattan number through Skype. I pay about $25 quarterly. Anyone who calls there gets rerouted to my Skype. I have received a few funny calls - like the process server and the salesman selling car warranties (I'm in Japan).
      Great idea, thanks Kevin. Did you do this through Skype? Please may you provide a little more detail?
      Justin
      Signature

      Justin Knightley
      ISO 9001 Quality Manual

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2505080].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Tina Golden
        I've seen plenty of press releases without telephone numbers so I don't believe it is absolutely necessary. Often the contact info has the address and then the website and/or email for contact, instead of a telephone number.

        Tina
        Signature
        Discover how to have fabulous, engaging content with
        Fast & Easy Content Creation
        ***Especially if you don't have enough time, money, or just plain HATE writing***
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2506166].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author iammarketer72
      Banned
      [DELETED]
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2506210].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Alan Petersen
        Google Voice rocks.

        Google Voice - Features
        Signature
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2506299].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author GeckoTribe
          Originally Posted by Alan Petersen View Post

          Google Voice rocks.
          Agreed. It's free, and if you don't want any calls that come in to actually ring through to you, you can set it to go straight to voice mail (and even have transcriptions of the voice mails emailed to you...though sometimes the accuracy isn't exactly stellar).
          Signature

          Antone Roundy

          Want up to 57 bloggers to support your blog? Join a Team (free).

          Keep your blog active faster and easier with "Blog Riffing":
          * Free: PDF, High Impact Blog Riffing Course

          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3494065].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Crew Chief
        Originally Posted by justinknightley View Post

        Great idea, thanks Kevin. Did you do this through Skype? Please may you provide a little more detail?
        Justin
        Just go to Skype and download the software at: Skype Prices - Free & Cheap Calls

        It's free.

        Then order a # from the available 25 countries and states within those countries. In the US, we pay approximately $36.00 per year for a number.

        It's a real simple system to install and use and you can be up and running within minutes in most cases.

        Giles, the Crew Chief
        Signature
        Tools, Strategies and Tactics Used By Savvy Internet Marketers and SEO Pros:

        ProSiteFlippers.com We Build Monetization Ready High-Value Virtual Properties
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2506311].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author ferenan
          Why don't you use Google new service called gphone..awsome
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3493168].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author jamjar919
    You could try this - http://www.privatephone.com
    Signature

    Feel free to ask me any IM related questions or add me on skype :D
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3493726].message }}

Trending Topics