[WSO PRICING]. Are You Crazy Or Desperate?

95 replies
Everyday I view the WSO section and I have to ask myself, why are people putting out their stellar product for $5, $7 $9 even at a special offer price.

I often won't purchase a WSO under $20. In most cases I stereotype products priced ridiculously low as being low quality products

Now I have purchased great wso products priced in the single digits that were obviously way under priced. These were full fledge products, not just loss leaders.

My question to all is why are so many selling themselves short.

I know seeing 100 or 200 product sales accumulate quickly can be exciting, but when you're nickeling and diming it doesn't add up to much.

My first wso did ok. I had a hard time justifying pricing my product at $20 but felt I had to remain competitive in the market place. My first wso was a success in my eyes selling 95 copies at $20, $25, $30 price range in about 30 days...

But honestly I think I sold myself short also being I sell multiple products a day at the $47 price range.
#crazy #desperate #pricing #wso
  • Profile picture of the author jazbo
    My last WSO was $17, and nobody who has bought it so far has called it low quality, so I think you are missing out by pigeon-holing by price. Some expensive eproducts are utter garbage.
    Signature
    CONTENT WRITER. Reliable, UK-Based, 6 Years Experience - ANY NICHE
    Click Here For Writing Samples & Online Ordering
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2560559].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author MatthewM
      Originally Posted by jazbo View Post

      My last WSO was $17, and nobody who has bought it so far has called it low quality, so I think you are missing out by pigeon-holing by price. Some expensive eproducts are utter garbage.
      Originally Posted by sbucciarel View Post

      Some of the better WSOs I have bought have been dirt cheap. Cheap does not always mean lack of quality and expensive does not always mean quality.

      In addition, if you sell really cheap and people feel there's not much to lose, you get a lot more sales than if you price at $47 ... depending on the product of course but I will buy a product that is under $20 real fast and not worrry about it ... one that is $47, they have to convince me I should buy it and I will wait for other testimonials that look real before I jump.
      Not trying to say that all products priced low are low quality but at times I expect less coming from a product priced in the single digits like I see all over the WSO section.

      I also mentioned I've purchased low price products that were terrific, and I am puzzled as to why they were priced so low.

      I personally feel like there is this vibe going around that you have to price your products low in order for them to sell in the WSO section.

      When the quality of your product should ultimately be the deciding factor in your product price point selection.

      Personally I'd rather price high and sell less, instead of price low and sell many. Some how it all balances out.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2560631].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Lance K
        Originally Posted by MatthewM View Post

        Personally I'd rather price high and sell less, instead of price low and sell many. Some how it all balances out.
        Without taking conversion rate (and therefore visitor value) into account..

        100 sales @ $49 = $4,900

        700 sales @ $7 = $4,900

        While the $49 option may look more attractive on certain levels (less customer service, customers willing to spend more, etc.), with the $7 option you have SEVEN TIMES as many CUSTOMERS!

        The question you really need to figure out the answer to is this...

        Are 700 $7 customers or 100 $49 customers worth more to me long term?

        If the $49 customers have a lifetime customer value of $500 each, that's $50,000 from those 100 customers.

        If the $7 customers have a lifetime customer value of $100 each, that's $70,000 from those 100 customers.

        It could also turn out that the 100 $49 customers are worth more long term. It depends on the actual lifetime values. Testing and tracking is the only way to really know what your optimum price point is. Assuming, of course, that you have additional/back end offers and you're interested in optimization. Not everybody does/is.
        Signature
        "You can have everything in life you want if you will just help enough other people get what they want."
        ~ Zig Ziglar
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2561207].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author John S. Rhodes
          I've been running a WSO for several weeks now where
          it's impossible to buy anything from me in that WSO. I
          literally just tell people how I killed my $120K per year
          job. It's something of a "miracle" in the WSO forum.

          And, get this...

          No opt in.

          No squeeze page.

          Nothing for sale.

          It's like a blog post. Or, a simple posting here in the
          Main section of the Warrior Forum. Or, maybe it's a
          bit like a letter to a friend...

          Many people have asked me why I am doing this. Most
          people don't get what I've done or why I am doing it.
          So, I understand this question. I "get" the confusion...

          OK, so --

          I have bumped this WSO at least 10 times. Maybe more
          than that. I've lost track. We're talking about $200 or
          more that I've spent.

          So, I'm losing money if you look at what I am doing on
          the surface. Seems pretty dumb at the base level, right?

          (Listen up, because you know, 3-4 years ago, I'm sure
          I would have thought this kind of thing was lunacy!)

          But --!

          ...if it's dumb, and I know it's dumb, then why am I
          burning money? Doesn't that just seem totally nuts?

          Lesson: Some things are not what you think they are.

          ~ John

          p.s. I never charge less than $250 per hour for my
          consulting time. In fact, I only "allow" a couple of my
          best clients to pay me by the hour. I sell on value and
          I'm extremely expensive... yet many people still don't
          buy my ultra low end products for $47.

          It's amusing.

          But, you still might ask --

          "$47 is ultra low end!? What are you smoking!!?"

          Again, I understand this reaction. I've been there...

          Yet, listen up... please, not for me, but for your
          own reasons, empty your mind and allow these
          new perspectives to float into your consciousness.

          Things are not what you think they are. For example,
          the WSO forum is an artificial environment regarding
          prices and pricing, and positioning, and investing in
          your education. It's a different animal... that most
          new Warriors don't quite "get" until they really start
          to participate... by buying or selling, more than one
          product over several months.

          Perhaps I'm "full of it" but... perhaps not?

          p.p.s. Most Warriors will not invest enough in WSOs.
          Smart Warriors will invest heavily and even sell their
          own products and services. But, the most wealthy of the
          Warriors will buy and sell WSOs... but they spend the
          most time OBSERVING THE MARKET... at all the levels,
          from multiple points of view. There's so much data on
          what sells, how to sell it, what works, and more... in
          the WSO forum itself. The models. The systems. The
          talent. The copy. The cash is in the observations
          (and action on those observations!), not just the very
          small transactions (which really do add up, I'll say.)

          It's probably safe to ignore me.

          There is no spoon.
          Signature

          Important message from John S. Rhodes:
          I think you're awesome.

          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2561349].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author LarryC
          This is basically an argument between two equally valid business models:

          1) Sell a high volume of products at a low price

          2) Sell fewer products at a higher price

          Many people have gotten rich using both of these models, so to argue which one is better is ultimately pointless. Those who say that people who will only pay $5 for something are cheap customers or bargain hunters are probably right, at least most of the time -yet, isn't getting a bargain the premise of the whole WSO concept? A high percentage of newbies fit this category, and some of them will "graduate" to being higher end customers. Even if they don't, though, new ones will take their place. On the other hand, there's always a market for mid-range and expensive products as well.
          Signature
          Content Writing, Ghostwriting, eBooks, editing, research.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4439741].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Rus Sells
          May I also point out something I haven't seen mentioned yet which ties in with Lance's logic.

          Would you rather provide support for 100 sales or 700 sales.

          Time is money and the more time you spend on support it actually decreases your net profit.

          If you valued your time at just $50 dollars per hour. (only and example guys) And you end up providing support to say 20% of your clients which ended up being 30 minutes per ticket total time spent. This includes an average of two responses until the ticket is closed and you have completely addressed the support issue.

          So avg. 30 minutes to see a ticket through to completion to have a happy customer.

          1 ticket = $25 cost to you in time.

          So lets do some math!

          100 sales @ $49 = $4,900.
          20% tickets = 20 tickets
          20 tickets @ $25 = $500
          Net profit = $4400

          700 sales @ $7 = $4900
          20% tickets = 140 tickets
          140 tickets @ $25 = $3500
          Net profit = $1400

          Now I'm not saying we get 20% support rates, hopefully your product gets a far lower amount, I'm just trying to shed light on the pricing issue from other business perspectives.


          Originally Posted by Lance K View Post

          Without taking conversion rate (and therefore visitor value) into account..

          100 sales @ $49 = $4,900

          700 sales @ $7 = $4,900

          While the $49 option may look more attractive on certain levels (less customer service, customers willing to spend more, etc.), with the $7 option you have SEVEN TIMES as many CUSTOMERS!

          The question you really need to figure out the answer to is this...

          Are 700 $7 customers or 100 $49 customers worth more to me long term?

          If the $49 customers have a lifetime customer value of $500 each, that's $50,000 from those 100 customers.

          If the $7 customers have a lifetime customer value of $100 each, that's $70,000 from those 100 customers.

          It could also turn out that the 100 $49 customers are worth more long term. It depends on the actual lifetime values. Testing and tracking is the only way to really know what your optimum price point is. Assuming, of course, that you have additional/back end offers and you're interested in optimization. Not everybody does/is.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4441049].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author WillR
        Originally Posted by MatthewM View Post

        I also mentioned I've purchased low price products that were terrific, and I am puzzled as to why they were priced so low.
        Have you ever considered this may be exactly why they are pricing them so low? Who are you most likely to purchase from again? The person whose product was just ok and justified the price they were charging or the person who left you thinking you had ripped THEM off because their product was priced way too cheap.

        Besides, WSO stands for Warrior SPECIAL Offer. It is where people expect to find great deals, much better than they would elsewhere. That's what that whole section of the forum is about.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4437196].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author cashcow
    Perhaps the people selling these really low priced products have an upsell to a higher priced (more profitable) product and that is really what they are after?
    Signature
    Gone Fishing
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2560572].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Scott Kennedy
      Originally Posted by cashcow View Post

      Perhaps the people selling these really low priced products have an upsell to a higher priced (more profitable) product and that is really what they are after?
      This. It makes fairly good business sense to offer a few low priced quality WSO's in order to build a repuation in the WSO scene. Once that is built, you can then go on to offer more expensive products. That's the way I see it.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2560579].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Chri5123
      Originally Posted by cashcow View Post

      Perhaps the people selling these really low priced products have an upsell to a higher priced (more profitable) product and that is really what they are after?
      Bingo ^

      This is normally the case not to mention the upsells that happen "down the pipe" on email lists etc...

      Also I have always found that $7 is highest for conversions with $9 being close behind.

      As long as you offer value and have a good upsell - this has been the best way to drive profit in my experience.

      Chris
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4445123].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author wkathome
    Some marketers price their product lower on here to help fellow warriors and it's greatly appreciated. I've bought some very informative programs off here. thanks for the discounts guys.
    Signature

    Make serious money whenever you make a post on Facebook."Proven Case Study Video Reveals How This Secret Fan Page Makes Money By Just Giving Away Things For Free!"..http://wkathome12.trk.org/fbfanpage

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2560573].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Andyhenry
      Originally Posted by wkathome View Post

      Some marketers price their product lower on here to help fellow warriors and it's greatly appreciated. I've bought some very informative programs off here. thanks for the discounts guys.
      Exactly!

      I have a policy of trying to make my products as cheap as possible so that struggling IMers have as much access to them as possible.

      There's a common mindset in IM that everyone is just out to screw you out of as much money as possible and therefore if the product price is low - something must be wrong with it or the creator.

      Sometimes it's not desperation or stupidity - just empathy for potential customers.

      You have to ask yourself - if me not needing your money so badly that I have to charge a lot for my product in order for it to be worth my time is actually a bad thing.

      It's BECAUSE I don't need your money that I am able to keep my prices down. If I was a struggling newbie then I would have to charge more because I need the money.

      So, before you dismiss low prices as some sort of indication of quality - ask yourself who the product is coming from and why THEY may have made that decision.

      I don't need to sell IM products to pay my bills so doing it is not all about the money. I like to get something back for my time as it's something I value, but when it comes to helping other IMers my prices are about them - not me.

      Andy
      Signature

      nothing to see here.

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4439768].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Bryan Zimmerman
      Originally Posted by wkathome View Post

      Some marketers price their product lower on here to help fellow warriors and it's greatly appreciated. I've bought some very informative programs off here. thanks for the discounts guys.
      That post was back in EARLY 2010! That's what it truly used to be on the WSO section. Not anymore, it's very calculated as to why it's done and it's also being done as a "i'll follow what they're doing"

      Originally Posted by Andyhenry View Post

      Exactly!

      I have a policy of trying to make my products as cheap as possible so that struggling IMers have as much access to them as possible.
      Andy, your stuff is great quality no doubt, but the forum has changed quite a bit when that post was made. It's a totally different tactic now as to why they're priced so low unfortunately. Which also can hurt you being a nice guy because the perceived value also decreases.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4439929].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Andyhenry
        Originally Posted by Bryan Zimmerman View Post

        That post was back in EARLY 2010! That's what it truly used to be on the WSO section. Not anymore, it's very calculated as to why it's done and it's also being done as a "i'll follow what they're doing"

        Andy, your stuff is great quality no doubt, but the forum has changed quite a bit when that post was made. It's a totally different tactic now as to why they're priced so low unfortunately. Which also can hurt you being a nice guy because the perceived value also decreases.
        Well, I'm not going to argue that point because you're probably right, but I would reiterate that just because a lot of people are doing something doesn't mean we should all get tarred with the same brush.

        It does sadden to me to see so much crap getting sold and how people are using the WSO section as a cheap marketplace to throw as much stuff at rather than for what it was designed, but then times change and the trends change - however, I've never been trendy and never been about the money so I'm still happy to do my thing and accept less sales because of people not knowing me (despite my time and post count) and assuming things which are based on their experiences with others.

        I think that it's good that there's so much action being taken and I have no intention of trying to shout louder than the people who want to rebrand old material as 'new' 'secrets' and grab the spotlight. In the end people make their own mind up about what they get from interacting with you and your products/services and their truth is as valid as anyone else's so I think that people who offer genuine value will always outlast the crap.

        We've seen people come and go over the years and there are still many warriors who I trust and respect and happily buy from - ironically they don't tend to sell many WSOs

        Andy
        Signature

        nothing to see here.

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4441149].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author bhuff85
          Originally Posted by Andyhenry View Post

          Well, I'm not going to argue that point because you're probably right, but I would reiterate that just because a lot of people are doing something doesn't mean we should all get tarred with the same brush.

          It does sadden to me to see so much crap getting sold and how people are using the WSO section as a cheap marketplace to throw as much stuff at rather than for what it was designed, but then times change and the trends change - however, I've never been trendy and never been about the money so I'm still happy to do my thing and accept less sales because of people not knowing me (despite my time and post count) and assuming things which are based on their experiences with others.

          I think that it's good that there's so much action being taken and I have no intention of trying to shout louder than the people who want to rebrand old material as 'new' 'secrets' and grab the spotlight. In the end people make their own mind up about what they get from interacting with you and your products/services and their truth is as valid as anyone else's so I think that people who offer genuine value will always outlast the crap.

          We've seen people come and go over the years and there are still many warriors who I trust and respect and happily buy from - ironically they don't tend to sell many WSOs

          Andy
          Do you think that some of this has to do with those WSO's that show people "How to Get WSO of the Day" or "Exact Steps on Making a WSO in 5 Minutes and Selling a Zillion Copies"? When these types of products come out, people are "replicating" them, using templates and putting together quick re-written PLR products in hopes of selling thousands of copies and making thousands in a matter of hours.

          Heck, some of those products simply tell you to go into the Warrior Forum and find a few best-selling products, buy them, rewrite them by putting your own "twist" on them and placing them up for a WSO to make "big bucks fast". Doesn't it seem that by doing that, you're essentially creating even more competition for yourself in an area that already has limited adspace (i.e. offers are bumped to page two in less than a few hours) and is heavily saturated?

          I've seen more and more of these sprout up in the last year, too. Sooner or later, we're going to have WSO's showing people how to sell WSO training courses which ultimately show how to create and sell a WSO (that sorta throws your brain for a whirl, doesn't it? )
          Signature
          Want to speed up your writing and save time?
          This book will show you how:
          --> Write Fast: 21 Powerful Ways to Cut Your Writing Time in Half! <--
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4441354].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author Andyhenry
            Originally Posted by bhuff85 View Post

            Do you think that some of this has to do with those WSO's that show people "How to Get WSO of the Day" or "Exact Steps on Making a WSO in 5 Minutes and Selling a Zillion Copies"?
            Yep - they're desperate and they'll do anything to try and make a dollar. They have to live with that and the repurcussions.
            Signature

            nothing to see here.

            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4441507].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author WillR
            Originally Posted by bhuff85 View Post

            Do you think that some of this has to do with those WSO's that show people "How to Get WSO of the Day" or "Exact Steps on Making a WSO in 5 Minutes and Selling a Zillion Copies"? When these types of products come out, people are "replicating" them, using templates and putting together quick re-written PLR products in hopes of selling thousands of copies and making thousands in a matter of hours.
            I definitely think this has been one of the reasons for the influx of WSO sellers over the last year.

            Obviously people are allowed to sell whatever they want but yeah, when I see a WSO seller pushing a guide on how to make money by selling WSO's, it tells me right away what their intentions are and will always make me think twice before purchasing any of their future products.

            But it's all karma because they are just ruining the market place they are clearly trying to live off.
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4442961].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author Christian Chan
              I think most WSO sellers do it (i.e. selling WSO on how to make money from WSO). They want more competition for themselves. It just shows that they are not particularly smart. Definitely I don't buy stuff from them at all.

              Originally Posted by WillR View Post

              I definitely think this has been one of the reasons for the influx of WSO sellers over the last year.

              Obviously people are allowed to sell whatever they want but yeah, when I see a WSO seller pushing a guide on how to make money by selling WSO's, it tells me right away what their intentions are and will always make me think twice before purchasing any of their future products.

              But it's all karma because they are just ruining the market place they are clearly trying to live off.
              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4443016].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author Bryan Zimmerman
              Originally Posted by WillR View Post

              when I see a WSO seller pushing a guide on how to make money by selling WSO's, it tells me right away what their intentions are and will always make me think twice before purchasing any of their future products.
              When I saw the first "How to make money doing a wso in the wso section" of product about a year or so ago, about four of us called it right at the same time then it was about to get crazy.

              Originally Posted by WillR View Post

              But it's all karma because they are just ruining the market place they are clearly trying to live off.
              I think that part is going to come a lot sooner than people think. I could be wrong, but I don't think it will last much longer. You can only recycle the same 2K people for so long.
              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4443189].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author sbucciarel
    Banned
    Some of the better WSOs I have bought have been dirt cheap. Cheap does not always mean lack of quality and expensive does not always mean quality.

    In addition, if you sell really cheap and people feel there's not much to lose, you get a lot more sales than if you price at $47 ... depending on the product of course but I will buy a product that is under $20 real fast and not worrry about it ... one that is $47, they have to convince me I should buy it and I will wait for other testimonials that look real before I jump.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2560623].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author CurtisN
    Matthew,

    Selling stuff isn't always just about making money - not on the front-end anyway. How rich would you expect to get by selling a $5 product, right?

    There could be an upsell you're not seeing.

    Plus, low-ticket products are usually used for lead gen. People buy really cheap products (e.g. $1, $7) on impulse, but might think twice about paying $47 or $97.

    Here are a couple scenarios:
    1) You make $5000 and gain 50 buyer leads.
    2) You make $5000 and gain 1000 buyer leads.

    Which one would you pick?

    Curtis
    Signature
    Curtis Ng (blog) - Product Launch Manager
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2560717].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author abhi1
      Originally Posted by CurtisN View Post

      Matthew,

      Selling stuff isn't always just about making money - not on the front-end anyway. How rich would you expect to get by selling a $5 product, right?

      There could be an upsell you're not seeing.

      Plus, low-ticket products are usually used for lead gen. People buy really cheap products (e.g. $1, $7) on impulse, but might think twice about paying $47 or $97.

      Here are a couple scenarios:
      1) You make $5000 and gain 50 buyer leads.
      2) You make $5000 and gain 1000 buyer leads.

      Which one would you pick?

      Curtis
      I totally agree with you. Simply selling a WSO for $7 or less
      doesn't really means that you are delivering low quality.

      Most of the WSO sellers have a pretty decent backend-sales-system
      setup that makes them more money than the $7 frontend
      sale of the WSO.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2560724].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author ShayB
      I made over $10,000 in sales from one WSO that was under $5. In fact, my whole biz model is based on offering a high-quality product at a low price.

      I do it for several reasons. Volume, for one. More people will buy a lower-priced product than a higher-priced one.

      But it's also because of my main niche. I know that for my buyers, a $5 product isn't going to be something they have to debate. It won't take food off their table or mean they have to choose between buying diapers for the baby or buying my WSO.

      My products help people make money. Period. But they aren't necessarily things you can do overnight.

      I like being able to reach a larger amount of people with my products.
      Signature
      "Fate protects fools, little children, and ships called Enterprise." ~Commander Riker
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4440202].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Kael41
    Yup, it's all about the list building and upsell (if there is one). Plus, warriors that i know who do multiple wso's over a a period of time do so because they like to experiment on sales copy, buy in, marketability testing and so forth.

    Most of the time it's about the product, but sometimes it's about testing the message.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2560728].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Christian Chan
      [DELETED]
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4437067].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Paul Barrs
        Great thread!

        Every now and then I get disillusioned about WF and tell myself that "my target market customers" are not here because I see such huge sales qualities on such low-ticket items. And I'm sick of selling awesome quality stuff for next to nothing....

        But you guys (and gals) have just reinvigorated me as to "why"...

        Why do we sell stuff so cheap here on the WF? Because it opens up the doors to so many unlimited opportunities where even the correct implementation of a single idea can take you around the world!



        Originally Posted by sbucciarel View Post

        ..depending on the product of course but I will buy a product that is under $20 real fast and not worrry about it ... one that is $47, they have to convince me I should buy it and I will wait for other testimonials that look real before I jump.
        Originally Posted by CurtisN View Post

        1) You make $5000 and gain 50 buyer leads.
        2) You make $5000 and gain 1000 buyer leads.

        Which one would you pick?
        Originally Posted by Mike Murphy View Post

        Yep, low prices = lead generation
        Thanks to all for picking me up with this thread today

        Dennis.... bingo.

        Originally Posted by Dennis Gaskill View Post

        5. To "give back" to your fellow Warriors
        Signature
        **********
        It's Simple... I don't "sell" IM anymore, but still do lots of YouTube Videos
        **********
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4437127].message }}
  • I agree with all the reasons above, including list building and proving that I can deliver value for money.

    One other reason that I don't think anyone's touched on yet is for affiliate promotion. I want potential affiliates to see my products, to be able to buy them at an affordable price (I always find that affiliates who I own the products do a much better job at promoting them than those who are just doing for money), plus they can see that the sales copy converts.

    I offer 100% commission for affiliates on the front end of nearly everything, so this incentive, plus the WSO as a launch, seems to work really well.

    Thom
    Signature

    Get My Exclusive Online FAST Start Training
    Totally FREE For A Limited Time - No Email Optin Required

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2560752].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Amanda Craven
    I look on fair pricing as part of a longterm strategy and a way to build relationships. I also want my customers to think they got a great deal above and beyond the price they paid.

    That said, I think each product has to be treated/priced individually - some lend themselves to upsells and some simply don't. Plus I don't always want my buyers to think I'm going to subject them to a series of upsells or that I'm ever going to force them onto my list.

    Softly, softly catchee monkey, as Confucius definitely didn't say...
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2560793].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Nathan Alexander
    Why?

    I have had high prices and low. So why the low?

    I'm bribing you.

    And I'm telling people that's what I'm doing. I'm not hiding my motives. (In fact, it only helps to tell people exactly what you stand to gain - it creates trust.)

    In my case, most people may not know me or trust me so I point out I'd like to earn that trust through a great product at a great price so I can (and here it is...) market to them some more.

    That's it in my case. (And I don't have an immediate up-sell).

    I'm bribing folks to step into a relationship with me so I can prove my worth and hopefully continue to provide more and better value.

    I agree that a low price can (usually) and should be justified. After all, if you don't tell me how come I'm getting such an amazing deal, I, being human, may scoff and raise an eyebrow (maybe even two?) at your purely benevolent and altruistic offer.

    Just tell me you're a capitalist and it helps you out somewhere down the road too and we got a deal!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2560819].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Mike Murphy
      Yep, low prices = lead generation

      I've put out products that sold as a WSO for $27 and then outside of the Warrior Forum, sold the same product unaltered for $200.

      A WSO, Warrior Special Offer, is supposed to be priced lower than what people outside the Warrior forum can buy it for.

      It may sting to price your stuff low but I like to go for customers saying "if his low priced products are this good, imagine what his full blown products and courses are like!"

      ...and then make damn sure the higher priced stuff IS really good.

      Haven't had any complaints yet :-)
      Signature
      Guitar PLR - New MONSTER Guitar Video PLR Pack![LIMITED]
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2560844].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author David Morris
        Banned
        I have bought low price WSOs that overdeliver as well as high priced ones that fall short. So it depends on the sellars and buyers perspective, really..
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4444634].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Zeus66
    It's often the difference between thinking like a newb marketer (focused on one-time sales) and real business owners (focused on developing repeat customers).

    But it's also about making a name for yourself when you're new to the arena. Early on, you want to make a name for yourself as a provider of overdelivery and high quality. Then you can start creeping up your WSO prices and be assured of steady sales.

    But whatever your reasons for the really low prices, you have to build that list of buyers! That's the key. It takes many marketers who are doing "ok" to doing "great" within just a few months.

    John
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2560851].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author oneplusone
      Warrior Special Offers Forum

      This section is for making Warrior members a Special Offer.

      A Special Offer means making Warriors a deal like no others get.

      Usually that comes in the form of a much lower price.
      Signature
      'If you hear a voice within you say "you cannot paint," then by all means paint and that voice will be silenced.' Vincent Van Gogh.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2560961].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author MatthewM
      Many people are making valid points about pricing low for the sake of lead generation. It makes perfect sense and that may in fact justify pricing so low and I understand this.

      But most are admitting to pricing low to generate leads to upsell their better products. So in a way you are producing lesser quality products for the sake of potentially selling your better product.

      Most wso have a laser focus and don't often cover a wide of range strategies. Over selling your book is just over saturating the market with your methods. In a way thats not helping the purchasers.

      But honesty how many people are thinking about the big picture and how many people are thinking about quick cash?

      Quick cash is the motive for most. Most won't admit to it. But that what happens with internet marketing. More faking it till your making it.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2560996].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Big Al
    Fair comments MatthewM.

    I think the WSO section is a good way to build confidence if you've never created products before (worried about refunds and if it's good enough) hence a low price is a good confidence builder.

    - make sure you got some ok ish copy that sells
    - can get some testimonials and feedback
    - build a list of buyers

    May I ask if you've have much copywriting training?

    Al
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2560948].message }}
  • I don't run WSO's to make money on the WSO, really. I run them for a number of reasons, including starting a relationship, testing, sometimes as a marketing experiment, sometimes they come as a result of coaching I do with my IM students, etc.
    Signature
    Read this SURPRISING REPORT Before You Buy ANY WSO! Click Here
    FREE REPORT: Split Test Your Landing Pages the Easy Way
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2560974].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author nyrsimon
    As you can see for the responses ther are many GOOD reasons. Many of those reasons apply to why people pay $20 to run a FREE WSO!!!!

    Simon
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2561018].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author theturd
    i debated this a lot before offering my WSO
    at the end of the day you want to give a good discount
    but you also want to keep the value in your product
    so it is a balance
    Signature
    ★★★★★ My Buddy, Your Buddy, TWEET BUDDY! ★★★★★

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2561103].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author CDarklock
    Originally Posted by MatthewM View Post

    Everyday I view the WSO section and I have to ask myself, why are people putting out their stellar product for $5, $7 $9 even at a special offer price.
    To get a list of people who are interested enough in a subject to spend money on it.
    Signature
    "The Golden Town is the Golden Town no longer. They have sold their pillars for brass and their temples for money, they have made coins out of their golden doors. It is become a dark town full of trouble, there is no ease in its streets, beauty has left it and the old songs are gone." - Lord Dunsany, The Messengers
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2561276].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Dennis Gaskill
    [WSO PRICING]. Are You Crazy Or Desperate?

    Your phrasing suggests there are only two possible reasons to price a WSO low, but there are many, many reasons. Here are just a few (some have already been suggested):

    1. To generate leads/build a mailing list of proven buyers
    2. To make a name for yourself
    3. To make back-end sales/start a profit chain
    4. To demonstrate the quality of your products
    5. To "give back" to your fellow Warriors
    6. To make more by selling for less (Wal-mart formula)
    7. To build a network of like-minded people
    8. To develop a reputation for over-delivering
    9. To gather feedback before a public launch
    10. To test sales copy
    11. To test the pricing
    12. To test a sales funnel
    13. To price the product fairly (might be what its worth)
    14. To price the product competitively within the WSO marketplace
    15. To undercut the competition

    Signature

    Just when you think you've got it all figured out, someone changes the rules.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2561312].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Lance K
      Nice list Dennis.

      You could also add...

      16. To relaunch an updated version of an old product (could be a sub category of #9)
      17. To attract affiliates
      Signature
      "You can have everything in life you want if you will just help enough other people get what they want."
      ~ Zig Ziglar
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2561326].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Letitia
    I have never run a WSO. Probably because I'm chicken. I admire anyone who does.
    But I do buy one from time to time.
    When I purchase a WSO I'm looking for information on a topic. It can be laser focused if it teaches me the lingo I need to learn more.
    I am willing to risk the $5 to $10 dollars for a WSO from someone I don't know. If I feel comfortable with them as a teacher and I got good value, then I'll search them out for more products. They have a loyal fan.

    If I'm disappointed in the product oh well. If I'm disappointed in a $47 product I ask for the refund. If I'm disappointed in a product no matter what price I seldom buy from that person again.

    Just adding a different perspective.
    Signature

    LLRhodes

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4436800].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author pbdollars
    There are some good products under priced and some junk products over priced. Have to be careful when buying.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4437142].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Jeremy Kelsall
      I personally think the rationale for selling the low priced product is dooo dooo if it's a quality product.

      Yes, you get "leads", but if you are putting out a good product you get the same leads (or better) selling at a higher price.

      I'm going to kick the next person I see selling 57 videos, transcripts, templates, a piece of software, 5 webinars, and 16 personal massages for $5 in the nuts...no joke.

      New sellers in particular have been "disillusioned" into believing that the only way that they can sell any decent quanity of product is to sell their blood, sweat, and tears for pennies on the dollar, or giving away 100% of their profits to get affiliates to promote for them...doooo doooo

      Just remember, if you get a list of buyers that is only willing to pay $3, $4, or $7 for a product, you've got to pump out product after product after product after product to actually make any kind of money.

      Even 1000 products sold for $5 is only 5 grand...how long does that last?

      Sack up and start selling your products for what their worth - The people that you are getting on your list know why you are selling your stuff so cheap...and they know it's not because you're a "good guy" - Just like "freebies"...do you think anyone hitting a squeeze page actually believes that you are giving away your 7 deadly secrets to internet marketing success because you want to 'see them succeed"?

      It especially makes no sense in the WSO forum, because all the guys doing it are sharing the same 5K or so buyers...which are all getting hammered every day with 27 emails promoting the same products.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4437236].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Christian Chan
        [DELETED]
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4437257].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Jeremy Kelsall
          Originally Posted by Christian Chan View Post


          By the way, since most of them offer 100% commission, that means they get zero from the sales. This is very funny.
          ...but, now they can take that 1000 person list, and then sell the next guys $5 product, at which time, 250 out of those 1000 will open the email, 178 of them will click the link, 15 of them will buy, and they will be UP BY $60....Minus the hours of customer support they put in for their own 100% commission product, plus the hours it took them to create the original product, but what the hell...they can take the kids to chucky cheese or something, if they have an extra $40 laying around to add to the $60 they just made

          LULZ
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4437283].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author Ken Strong
            When you're replying to someone, keep in mind that many of the posts you're quoting are almost a year old. Somebody decided to bump this thread for some unknown reason.
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4437290].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author Bryan Zimmerman
              Lol, I'm surprised to see this thread is that old, because it's something that a few of us have been talking quite a bit about lately. The WSO section used to be pretty solid as far as being able to put out a QUALITY product and charge what it was worth and many times less because of where it was being sold at but...

              The prices and the format of these things now is just funny to watch. Everything is on a dime sale and it starts out at 3-$5.00 and goes up. It seems like it's the only sales format that even exists on the forum any more. Somebody started it, spread around how well it worked and like everything else, everyone started to copy it. Keep in mind, usually when that pattern takes place, it's not long before the method crashes and burns.

              Like Jeremy said, yes you get leads that way, but those same leads are just getting passes around from person to person because it's the same 1-2K people who are buying them. Then getting 10-20 emails a day about other 5-$9.00 offers. I see at least the same 10 people buying almost every single one that comes out and saying "This could be the one" lol.

              Not only that, you are training the market to buy low priced stuff, especially since that's all they see being sold. Wouldn't be bad if you have a little 7 page report or something, but when you have a 5 videos, transcripts, pdf, blueprint, audios, mindmaps and two bonuses it's just crazy what they're being sold for. What are you going to throw in if you want to sell something for $17.00? Your first born kid? Wife? Parents? (which is still think is low priced for quality products)

              Ahh, the list though...that's what they're after. The money's in the list right? Lol, big deal. Stop and think about it because there's actual numbers to back it up. A friend of mine did one of these and offered 100% commissions on the front and 50% on the back. Sold about 2K units, so nice list of buyers right....wrong. Couple days after everything calms down from wso he sends out an email to those two thousand. Less than 30% open it, less than 50% of those click the link and he makes about $400.00 or so. He gave up $10K worth of commissions to get that list and got back $400 or so LOL. Seriously? Screw that.

              Yes, some people have a good backend product AND funnel set up other than I'm going to push other $5.00 offers now with this list, but most do not. You're passing around the SAME people and you've trained them to buy lower priced stuff! Then you get hit up all the time to promote other offers that run on dime sales. So wait, you want me to hand you over the buyers on my list for $5.00 commissions? So they can now turn around and get passed around tomorrow with the next one and now they get an extra 10 emails from marketer a,b,c, and d? I've trained them to buy products OVER the $5.00, why subject them to the dime sale circus?

              Maybe short term satisfaction by being able to promote offers back and forth to other people's $5.00 offers and pocket a decent amount, but what happens when those 2K people quit IM for good like most people do within the first 6months to a year? What happens when you realize that the list you've been building doesn't want to pay for your $47.00 product that you've worked so hard to create?

              Oh yea, it's because you're not offering the Island off the Florida Key's with it. I mean come on, you already gave them everything else in your last product and that was only $5.00

              I honestly try to NOT send people back to the wso section after they are on my list. I keep them as far away from it as possible (yes, there are exceptions) because of what the market place has turned into. It's sad to say because it used to not be like that. Even when the products are good, I rarely send them back and there are quite a few really good products that people should triple what they're being sold for.

              Build a business, build a brand and you won't need to sell your stuff for $5.00 to make a bunch of sales. Build a good affiliate system and you won't need to price a $37.00 product at 5.00 to build a list. Set up a funnel and test it, tweak it and then drive some paid traffic to it and it builds it self. Look at Jason Fladlien. You see that guy putting out $5.00 products on a dime sale? Hell no you don't, because he doesn't have to. He sells a Paypal report for $20 something and get's it no problem. A PayPal report! Look at Jeremy and Don. They don't do it either and guess what, I'd put their list up against almost any other marketers list in terms of actually buying stuff.

              How'd they do it? It wasn't by selling $37 and $47 products for $5.00. I promise you that. This fad isn't going to last much longer I think, the question is what are you going to do with all the people you've trained to buy $5.00 products when you're no longer able to make a decent profit from mailing other people's low priced offers
              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4439339].message }}
              • Profile picture of the author Alexa Smith
                Banned
                Originally Posted by Bryan Zimmerman View Post

                you are training the market to buy low priced stuff, especially since that's all they see being sold. Wouldn't be bad if you have a little 7 page report or something, but when you have a 5 videos, transcripts, pdf, blueprint, audios, mindmaps and two bonuses it's just crazy what they're being sold for. What are you going to throw in if you want to sell something for $17.00? Your first born kid? Wife? Parents?
                ^^^^ This - exactly.

                You are training the market to buy low-priced stuff.

                Originally Posted by Bryan Zimmerman View Post

                Build a business, build a brand and you won't need to sell your stuff for $5.00 to make a bunch of sales. Build a good affiliate system and you won't need to price a $37.00 product at 5.00 to build a list. Set up a funnel and test it, tweak it and then drive some paid traffic to it and it builds it self. Look at Jason Fladlien. You see that guy putting out $5.00 products on a dime sale? Hell no you don't, because he doesn't have to. He sells a Paypal report for $20 something and get's it no problem. A PayPal report! Look at Jeremy and Don. They don't do it either and guess what, I'd put their list up against almost any other marketers list in terms of actually buying stuff.

                How'd they do it? It wasn't by selling $37 and $47 products for $5.00. I promise you that. This fad isn't going to last much longer I think, the question is what are you going to do with all the people you've trained to buy $5.00 products when you're no longer able to make a decent profit from mailing other people's low priced offers
                Indeed ... this is exactly the question.

                I know from chatting to people here about WSO's that increasingly people think $17 is "really expensive".

                You did it to yourselves.
                {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4439451].message }}
                • Profile picture of the author SteveJohnson
                  Originally Posted by Ken Strong View Post

                  When you're replying to someone, keep in mind that many of the posts you're quoting are almost a year old. Somebody decided to bump this thread for some unknown reason.
                  Probably because he's new to the forum with only 17 posts. That's my guess, anyway.

                  Originally Posted by Alexa Smith View Post

                  ...

                  I know from chatting to people here about WSO's that increasingly people think $17 is "really expensive".

                  You did it to yourselves.
                  ^^^ Exactly.

                  Heaven forbid someone prices something at $27 or $37...
                  Signature

                  The 2nd Amendment, 1789 - The Original Homeland Security.

                  Gun control means never having to say, "I missed you."

                  {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4439558].message }}
                • Profile picture of the author Bill Farnham
                  Originally Posted by Alexa Smith View Post

                  You are training the market to buy low-priced stuff.

                  Indeed ... this is exactly the question.

                  I know from chatting to people here about WSO's that increasingly people think $17 is "really expensive".

                  You did it to yourselves.






                  ~Bill
                  Signature
                  {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4442742].message }}
              • Profile picture of the author kindsvater
                I believe the goal is to go low to try and generate sales and a quick earnings per click to try and get noticed as WSO of the Day.

                Over the past several months the average sale price for those using Warrior Plus has dropped from over $17 per WSO to just barely over $15 - over the lifetime of the Warrior Plus service. Probably means the current average price is much, much lower in order to so quickly drive down the overall price as seen over thousands of listings.

                .
                {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4439473].message }}
                • Profile picture of the author Bryan Zimmerman
                  Originally Posted by kindsvater View Post

                  I believe the goal is to go low to try and generate sales and a quick earnings per click to try and get noticed as WSO of the Day.

                  .
                  I think that's part of it, I think it's the "all mighty list" they think they're getting that's more the reason. But if the purpose of putting one out is to "try and get noticed by getting wso of the day", they need to check their business plans a bit

                  Anyone who has a business that isn't run off the WSO forum, doesn't give two sh#%s about who or what the WSO of the day even is. Sure, I wouldn't turn down the extra money it comes with, but if I have to price something at less than $9.00 to take a shot at it, I'll pass.

                  I'd rather build RELATIONSHIPS with other marketers who would be more than happy to push a $47.00 offer which will make me an them more money than anything with a hyped up title that seems to mean so much to people. 95% of the market place has no clue what the hell WSO of the day even is, let alone what a WSO even is. Unfortunately, I don't think enough people realize that.
                  {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4439586].message }}
                • Profile picture of the author Jesus Perez
                  Originally Posted by kindsvater View Post

                  I believe the goal is to go low to try and generate sales and a quick earnings per click to try and get noticed as WSO of the Day.

                  Over the past several months the average sale price for those using Warrior Plus has dropped from over $17 per WSO to just barely over $15 - over the lifetime of the Warrior Plus service. Probably means the current average price is much, much lower in order to so quickly drive down the overall price as seen over thousands of listings.

                  .
                  Bingo! we have a winner. Most of the warriors pumping out $5 WSO's (normally as a dimesales) are trying to get an enormous influx of buyers and a high EPC. Both of these variables have been unofficially declared as the influencing factors for being picked as "WSO of the Day" by Mike Lantz. If picked by Mike Lantz, you can expect an extra $2,000 - $15,000 in immediate revenue within a 24-48 hour period. Chances are, if you priced at $27-$47, you'd have a hard time ever hitting this number in the WSO area.

                  Plus, the vendors can turn around and use these amazing EPC's and proof of earnings to launch on Clickbank and grab more JV partners.

                  If you're not into the "WSO of the Day" conspiracy, then it's clear they're building a buyer's list with a strong backend offering. I've seen a few strong funnels in the past week.
                  Signature

                  {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4439678].message }}
                  • Profile picture of the author Bryan Zimmerman
                    Originally Posted by Jesus Perez View Post

                    Both of these variables have been unofficially declared as the influencing factors for being picked as "WSO of the Day" by Mike Lantz. If picked by Mike Lantz, you can expect an extra $2,000 - $15,000 in immediate revenue within a 24-48 hour period.
                    So you sell your product that's worth $27-$47.00 at a dime sale in "hopes" you get something that 100 people a day are going after? I like the lottery too, but won't base my business around it. And that extra 2K - $15K, most of that goes into the affiliates pockets because they are offering 75%-100% on the front end and at least 50% on the OTO. I'll say it again, if you have an actual business, you're not worried about getting WSO of the day. basing and running your business off of a forum is not a good idea unless you own it. Or in Mike's case, add something to it

                    Originally Posted by Jesus Perez View Post

                    Chances are, if you priced at $27-$47, you'd have a hard time ever hitting this number in the WSO area.
                    Not true at all. If it's good, word gets around. If people have results, word spreads like fire and if you have done your networking properly, you can get those results no problem without any WSO of the day.

                    Originally Posted by Jesus Perez View Post

                    Plus, the vendors can turn around and use these amazing EPC's and proof of earnings to launch on Clickbank and grab more JV partners.
                    Which is borderline bulls#$t because of how they were created and they certainly aren't going to sell them for that on Clickbank. I watched a marketer talk about how he got so much money from running Facebook adds to his WSO. Showed the EPC and all that stuff and if you didn't know better you would have thought it was coming from the facebook adds. When the TRUTH was most of that was generated by affiliates since he was trying real hard to get everyone to push it.
                    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4439893].message }}
                • Profile picture of the author LegitIncomes
                  Originally Posted by kindsvater View Post

                  I believe the goal is to go low to try and generate sales and a quick earnings per click to try and get noticed as WSO of the Day.

                  Over the past several months the average sale price for those using Warrior Plus has dropped from over $17 per WSO to just barely over $15 - over the lifetime of the Warrior Plus service. Probably means the current average price is much, much lower in order to so quickly drive down the overall price as seen over thousands of listings.

                  .

                  What has happened in the WSO forum with pricing, reminds me of what has happened to pricing at Flippa. In both cases we have marketplaces being flooded with cheap product.

                  18-24 months ago, you could build a website and sell it for around $1,000. This being a brand new site. And most of these sites were done very nicely, they were definitely worth the $1,000.

                  Today I see similar sites going for $200, just 20% of what they used to sell for. And, I think the reason is that not only are more sellers driving the price down, but it has a lot to do with the geographic location of the seller. After all, someone who lives in India, Mexico, Chile, Poland, Hungary, or one of many other countries, if they sell a site for $200, they can do a lot more with that $200 than someone from the US, Australia, Canada, or the UK can.

                  My very first "internet marketing" product I released about 6-years ago, and priced it at $97...and it sold very well. I don't think it would do nearly as good today...not because it wouldn't be truly worth it (it is), but just because of the overall marketplace and what buyers have come to expect (ultra cheap pricing).
                  Signature
                  100% Unique Sales Page Website +100% Unique Internet Marketing Product
                  + Support! All of this, just $397! (PM Me For Details!)
                  {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4439734].message }}
              • Profile picture of the author Jill Carpenter
                Originally Posted by Ken Strong View Post

                When you're replying to someone, keep in mind that many of the posts you're quoting are almost a year old. Somebody decided to bump this thread for some unknown reason.
                Ken, I thought everyone was on here every day. Isn't that in the TOS here? Once you join you have to post every day? :p

                I often won't purchase a WSO under $20. In most cases I stereotype products priced ridiculously low as being low quality products
                Not really. I personally don't need some bloated $20 offer. Sometimes I want some quick simple solution. Sometimes 5 bucks is perfect.

                In reality, no system is ever perfect or complete. Everyone needs to have their own recipe of the elements needed for their business.

                I prefer the ala carte shopping as opposed to the all in one a lot of times.

                Buying ala carte will allow me to be very specific on the topics I want to spend my time learning.
                Signature

                "May I have ten thousand marbles, please?"

                {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4439607].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author Matt Bard
              Originally Posted by Ken Strong View Post

              When you're replying to someone, keep in mind that many of the posts you're quoting are almost a year old. Somebody decided to bump this thread for some unknown reason.
              I wonder if there is a way to color code the titles of the threads to show how stale they are getting. Not suggesting that this topic is stale. We just saw the same thing a couple of days ago.

              But if the OP has gone back to his cubicle, then all of these great replies are for naught.
              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4543701].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author WillR
    Heaven forbid people are getting some good deals in the WSO forum

    I find it funny. Some days you will find threads having a go at WSO sellers for ripping people off and selling garbage. The next day you'll see a thread accusing WSO sellers of giving away TOO MUCH value. Make up your mind people. Seriously.

    Who cares what others are doing or what their intentions are. Price your product at the price you think it is worth and don't worry what others are doing. If you are listing that product in the WSO forum then take a bit off that price as that's the whole point of the WSO section.

    Worrying about what other people are doing is what has driven the prices down to where they are now. I don't think it's a problem though. All it means is we have a chance to buy some cool stuff at next to nothing prices.

    For those who rely on the WSO forum for their whole income... well, you are probably the same people who have played a role in driving the prices down.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4439648].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Jeremy Kelsall
      Originally Posted by WillR View Post

      Heaven forbid people are getting some good deals in the WSO forum

      I find it funny. Some days you will find threads having a go at WSO sellers for ripping people off and selling garbage. The next day you'll see a thread accusing WSO sellers of giving away TOO MUCH value. Make up your mind people. Seriously.

      Who cares what others are doing or what their intentions are. Price your products at the price you think they are worth and don't worry what others are doing. If you are listing them in the WSO forum the take a bit off that price as that's the whole point of the WSO section.

      Worrying about what other people are doing is what has driven the prices down to where they are now. I don't think it's a problem. All it means is we have a chance to buy some cool stuff at next to nothing prices.

      For those who rely on the WSO forum for their whole income... well, you are probably the same people who have played a role in driving the prices down.
      Actually, I'd venture to say that those selling their hard work for $2.50 are the ones who are more than likely depending on the WSO section for most of their income...if you'll notice, typically they are the ones who are launching 6 or 10 products a month.

      Nobody is "worried" what anyone is doing, but being that this is a marketing forum, it seems "smart" to talk about things like....

      pricing implications
      How your pricing affects the market
      etc

      People can sell as many $5 products as they want, it still doesn't stop others from moving 1000+ units at $27 and higher, but when you see a trend like this, it definitely doesn't hurt to bring it to the surface to get both sides, along with the positives and negatives.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4439693].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Karen Blundell
      Originally Posted by WillR View Post


      Who cares what others are doing or what their intentions are. Price your product at the price you think it is worth and don't worry what others are doing. If you are listing that product in the WSO forum then take a bit off that price as that's the whole point of the WSO section.
      Bravo, Will! This is exactly what I think. Herd mentality is alive and well in the Warrior forum. People are so concerned about the economy, and whether people will buy ...blah, blah, blah. Have the cojones to be yourself, create your own mark, use your own price points, do your own testing, and never ever put all your eggs in one basket.
      Signature
      ---------------
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4440781].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author JD Jens
    A great product or service at an inexpensive price is a business model that has been working for centuries.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4440416].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Rod Cortez
    Originally Posted by MatthewM View Post

    Everyday I view the WSO section and I have to ask myself, why are people putting out their stellar product for $5, $7 $9 even at a special offer price.

    I often won't purchase a WSO under $20. In most cases I stereotype products priced ridiculously low as being low quality products

    Now I have purchased great wso products priced in the single digits that were obviously way under priced. These were full fledge products, not just loss leaders.

    My question to all is why are so many selling themselves short.

    I know seeing 100 or 200 product sales accumulate quickly can be exciting, but when you're nickeling and diming it doesn't add up to much.

    My first wso did ok. I had a hard time justifying pricing my product at $20 but felt I had to remain competitive in the market place. My first wso was a success in my eyes selling 95 copies at $20, $25, $30 price range in about 30 days...

    But honestly I think I sold myself short also being I sell multiple products a day at the $47 price range.
    Some WSO sellers like using the WSO forum as a launching pad to:

    1. Get feedback from customers to improve the product later for a relaunch.

    2. Obtain testimonials.

    3. Build a list of buyers (or prospects if doing a free WSO).

    4. To see how the market reacts to their offering.

    So I wouldn't put too much weight on the price point.

    RoD
    Signature
    "Your personal philosophy is the greatest determining factor in how your life works out."
    - Jim Rohn
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4440589].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Sean A McAlister
      Quote:
      Originally Posted by Jesus Perez
      Chances are, if you priced at $27-$47, you'd have a hard time ever hitting this number in the WSO area.

      Originally Posted by Bryan Zimmerman View Post

      Not true at all. If it's good, word gets around. If people have results, word spreads like fire and if you have done your networking properly, you can get those results no problem without any WSO of the day.
      Especially if someone who has a list and is smart, posts their product as a WSO and then mails their list to the WSO vs a standard sales page. All sorts of good things can happen...
      ==========
      Quote:
      Originally Posted by Jesus Perez
      Plus, the vendors can turn around and use these amazing EPC's and proof of earnings to launch on Clickbank and grab more JV partners.

      Originally Posted by Bryan Zimmerman View Post

      Which is borderline bulls# because of how they were created and they certainly aren't going to sell them for that on Clickbank. I watched a marketer talk about how he got so much money from running Facebook adds to his WSO. Showed the EPC and all that stuff and if you didn't know better you would have thought it was coming from the facebook adds. When the TRUTH was most of that was generated by affiliates since he was trying real hard to get everyone to push it.
      =======
      Correct! JV's who can do anything on Clickbank are smart enough to know that

      1. Any form of stats provided, that include WSO / Facebook & similar metrics are skewed and cannot be counted on 100% for one primary reason. The price Point is usually different. A Product that had a 8% conversion at $15 on a Forum is not going to have the sames conversion / epc at $47 on CB.

      2. The sales page and copy are most certainly different thus skewing the stats.

      .... Most partners will end up waiting until the sales page is live, then only mail a segment of their list to test the waters...if the EPC's live up to it then they mail....because the game of Inflating numbers or artificially "smoking" them up to craziness is over...and has been. There's a reason why Clickbank has put a cork in the jug!


      Originally Posted by Rod Cortez View Post

      Some WSO sellers like using the WSO forum as a launching pad to:

      1. Get feedback from customers to improve the product later for a relaunch.

      2. Obtain testimonials.

      3. Build a list of buyers (or prospects if doing a free WSO).

      4. To see how the market reacts to their offering.

      So I wouldn't put too much weight on the price point.

      RoD

      All great points.





      Best
      Sean
      Signature
      New Product Launches, Affiliate Marketplace

      Need More Sales? More Affiliates? LaunchBoards.com
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4443136].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author petelta
    I haven't taken the time to read every single reply so this might of already been said BUT...

    WSO's are sold cheap because the ideal buyer of the WSO forum wants something under $10 with a ton of value.

    People don't go to the WSO forum to buy that $997 coaching course... they go to find that coaching course in a video version with PLR rights for $7.

    WSOs are priced low because we the marketers are selling to the WSO crowd... not the internet marketing crowd. The exact same WSOs I sell for $5-$9 I have a sales page that sells it for $47-$97 to other traffic sources... not the WSO traffic though.

    There are many other reasons for selling WSOs this cheap, but that's all I have time to share right now.

    Travis
    Signature
    TEESPRING Student Rakes In Over $116k In Less Than 3 Months
    Niche Pro Profits - How I raked in OVER $120k in 9 months with authority niche sites...

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4440615].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Tom Ryan
      I see it as a great way to build a list of buyers and loyal customers. When you are offering such a tremendous value people are going to buy from you again and again. Nothing is stopping you from adding upsells and higher price down the line either.
      Signature


      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4440680].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author drcrdc
      Originally Posted by petelta View Post

      I haven't taken the time to read every single reply so this might of already been said BUT...

      WSO's are sold cheap because the ideal buyer of the WSO forum wants something under $10 with a ton of value.

      People don't go to the WSO forum to buy that $997 coaching course... they go to find that coaching course in a video version with PLR rights for $7.

      WSOs are priced low because we the marketers are selling to the WSO crowd... not the internet marketing crowd. The exact same WSOs I sell for $5-$9 I have a sales page that sells it for $47-$97 to other traffic sources... not the WSO traffic though.

      There are many other reasons for selling WSOs this cheap, but that's all I have time to share right now.

      Travis
      I agree with you, and my WSO also stop at $10
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4451772].message }}
  • The point of a WSO is not to make money. It's to establish yourself in the industry and to get a list of customers for your potential products.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4440716].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author garyv
    I like to under-price and over-deliver. And then add a happy customer to my list. What I hate is an over-hyped product that is also way over priced. And then you buy it and find out it's a rehashed version of 80% of the crap being dished out already.

    If I buy a great product from a WSO for a low price, I'm more likely to listen to that person when they're pitching a more expensive item. However, as soon as someone tries to pretty up their garbage to sell to me at a higher price... Forget it! I won't ever buy from them again.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4441407].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author edynas
    Banned
    I honestly believe in the overdeliver mindset. All my products start out low and I do have upsells but those again are not that expensive. But you don't have to worry about me, I am making enough money from my WSO's

    Getting 100 clients at $47 or 700 at $7 may be more intense in support at first but in the long run I rather have 700 happy customers on my emaillist then 100.

    But just to be clear, I do not see it as being desperate but as catering to the demand. Like somebody said here above, the people looking in the WSO area are in average not realy interested in a $997 homestudy course..you may sell a few tho but they rather have a $7 gadget.

    Edwin
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4441844].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Christian Chan
      Just a question. Can you scale that to 7 figure business?

      Originally Posted by edynas View Post

      I honestly believe in the overdeliver mindset. All my products start out low and I do have upsells but those again are not that expensive. But you don't have to worry about me, I am making enough money from my WSO's

      Getting 100 clients at $47 or 700 at $7 may be more intense in support at first but in the long run I rather have 700 happy customers on my emaillist then 100.

      But just to be clear, I do not see it as being desperate but as catering to the demand. Like somebody said here above, the people looking in the WSO area are in average not realy interested in a $997 homestudy course..you may sell a few tho but they rather have a $7 gadget.

      Edwin
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4442999].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author edynas
        Banned
        Originally Posted by Christian Chan View Post

        Just a question. Can you scale that to 7 figure business?
        Yes I do think so, but it takes action to do it.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4452873].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author celente
    errrr

    wso, read the title

    WSO - warrior special offer.... the name says it all. Its a place where instead of sell your $47 product for $47 you have to give a special to warriors only.

    I have actually seen $67 for $9 in here..... those sorts of deals are a no brainer IMHO.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4442210].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Kevin_Hutto
    I only ran one WSO ever... It was well received. I sold 140 or so units and had one refund. The one refund guy was such a pain in the butt and so rude that I shut it all down. I was selling a course at about a 95% discount as I was toying with the idea of building a MMO list. While I did meet some nice people from it, I also found the ROI to be small compared to other businesses I am in. Especially the time investment. There was a sense of entitlement or something as people expected quite a lot of extra help from me - even though they only spent $17 on a course. Personally, I dont need the money and I felt that the access that I was giving the people on the list was way more than I would have given to someone in other niches - for the money spent. Because of this, I didnt see how assention would be easy... But, dont get me wrong, I think you can build a business from it. But I don't think you can build a big business (7 figures) from it.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4442955].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Davis Flynt
    Banned
    [DELETED]
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4443141].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Christian Chan
      Originally Posted by zerodash View Post

      Low priced products are not often low quality, hence, I find some of the expensive products are useless....
      The same can be said otherwise.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4443154].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Lucas Adamski
    WSO is a specific place where pricing low is a good strategy. Because of such a high exposure you will get so many sales that it's well worth doing 1 digit price tags. I wouldn't do it outside of WSO site though. On my own site I would charge at least 3-4x more than on WSO.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4444282].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Raja Kamil
    I don't know whether to say I'm desperate or not.
    Because I want to see fast result.
    As example, my latest WSO is a software with price $1 only.
    I want to see lot of comments, feedbacks and thus can improve my software fast.
    Another thing is, the lower price will only available for short time,
    that's why we don't care for "loss" first profit later.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4444650].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author retirewithsandie
      I do appreciate the lower prices. I have been able to get quite a few WSOs that are helping me build an online business that if I had to pay $47-97+ I wouldn't be able to.

      I think a lot of us newbies are in that same boat. Many of us tried those products out there selling for 47+ that once we bite, are put through upsell after upsell that tries to make us feel guilty because we barely had the $47 to begin with & don't have the $200 for that "something special that'll make it so have to do nothing more than sneeze & our bank account will be overflowing with money".

      So having something that can take us step by step, give us ideas, etc. that's the price of a fast food meal is really helpful. Again as others stated provided that it's quality & not crap.

      Being new, I do appreciate the Veteran Warriors reviews on these. There is one that a newbie put a WSO out on that the tactics could get someone in legal trouble. Being a newbie she probably didn't know, especially the source of getting the pictures, because folks get images from the site all the time.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4444781].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Brian Terry
    As John S. Rhodes said earlier in this thread (last year). There is a lot of marketing data available just through observing what others are doing.

    If you get access to WarriorPlus then you have everything you need to create hot selling WSO's of the day. Everything is there if you know where to look.

    The low-priced WSO's are great for both the buyer and the seller, for the buyer the risk is reduced, they can get some superb training, for the seller it opens doors to more opportunities. I love WSO's!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4445036].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author dagaul101
    It's always the value the content creator feels it's worth or could generate enough to break even and make a profit, it's always a risk especially if they are knew and worried about sales
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4445324].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author bagpuss0001
    The WSO are a way to make money, but the whole ethos in the Warrior forum is to help other IM'rs.

    Personally, I havent released a WSO yet, but I plan to. (with the help of one of Mick Meaney's WSOs). As its my first WSO and I have not built up a reputation, I need to price it accordingly, and that will probably mean single digit or even free for the first 5 or 10 buyers.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4452935].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Iwannakissyou
    Banned
    [DELETED]
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4452949].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Alan Ashwood
      Surely one of the benefits of being a Warrior, is having access to the War Room, where you can take advantage of serious discounts on products, good or bad.

      I've bought a couple at low price which I simply would not have paid the full Clickbank cost. I have benefitted from a couple of good resources, and the vendor now has my name on his list, with a trusted reputation.

      When he promotes something else, maybe at a higher price, I will be more inclined to buy, based on his history.

      I no longer buy the costly products, unless I already have a trust in the supplier. So maybe they're not so crazy.

      Cheers
      Alan
      Signature
      Now where did I put that pencil?

      Time for a cuppa.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4453480].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Enis
    I agree with jeremy on this one. But I think the reason most people offer them at low prices is just to test stuff out, get some feedback and make some money whilst doing that. There's plenty of advantages to just giving stuff away as well...
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4453600].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author scarabet
    Since we are talking about info products, the selling price isn't really linked to the "value" of the product. So judging the quality of an info product mainly on its price wouldn't be much reliable. Judging the quality of a car based on its price would be probably more reliable. However the real concern of many marketers is COMPETITION, not so much wether this product is worth the selling price. The main question that will pop up is "How will I be able to sell my quality product when there is so many quality products out there for free or selling at $7?" This is a question many marketers ask themselves even the most seasonned ones, because this is a real challenge to anyone living off the IM market. The market gets thougher and more competitve everyday, there is no way back. More free quality content will keep coming out, more piracy, more daily launches, more daily emails in your inbox, prices will keep going down and eventually there will be less newbie to extract quick cash from. There will certainly be a moment where it will be not worth anymore to create products, traffic, content ... for many of the IM guys here and these will leave A new phase in this industry will then start. The WSO's are just a sign of the times.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4455156].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author GreyMan
      What are WOSs? Are they accessible to all members?
      Thanks.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4543203].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Dimitris Skiadas
    I ve bought 7$ WSO's that could easily worth 15 times more.And i considered my self very lucky to grab them at such a special price.

    I ve bought also 7$ WSO's that wouldn't worth a single DIME!

    The thing is that as a customer i put more value in the first case.Because if the first group of marketers try to promote another product for much more money (27$-37$-47$ or more), i will be more comfortable on buying because i knwo it will be TOP quality.And i will definitely stay at their e-mail list.

    It's all about giving and taking.

    Dimitris
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4543343].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author timpears
    I think that the main use of the WSO forum is to build a list. If you can build a list, and make a few dollars doing it, that beats having it cost you money to build it. In my book anyway.
    Signature

    Tim Pears

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4543423].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Bill Farnham
      Originally Posted by timpears View Post

      I think that the main use of the WSO forum is to build a list. If you can build a list, and make a few dollars doing it, that beats having it cost you money to build it. In my book anyway.
      So basically, the WSO forum has transitioned from a place where sellers offer products at reduced prices for the benefit of the buyers to a place where sellers now use the forum for a break-even or better list building mechanism.

      That's appears to be quite a departure from the original concept at least in name. It was not the Warrior List Building forum, it was and is the Warrior Special Offers forum.

      I hope this trend of marketers manipulating resources for their own purposes never spreads to places like Facebook and Twitter, as examples, because that would really expose the rotten underbelly of the beast. :rolleyes:

      ~Bill
      Signature
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4543528].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author royljestr
    I think that many people have gotten so much from the forum that they genuinely want to help others. In fact, that is why MANY of the WSOs for sale are offered for free in the war room!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4543463].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Rod Cortez
    The WSO forum is going to be whatever the market will bear. What some of the quick-buck artists don't realize is the ones that are making an absolute killing in there are the ones that are:

    1. Making high quality products (or services) that people actually need / use.
    2. Build a list and actually build a relationship with that list (a very small minority indeed).
    3. Ask their customers for honest feedback in order to improve their product.
    4. Ask their customers what else do they need? In other words, their existing customer base gives them ideas for their next WSO and/or product pipleline.
    5. They take customer support very seriously because they understand that it's far EASIER to retain a repeat customer than to get a new one. They handle everything professionally, even if it's difficult to do so sometimes (hey, if you've sold anything online you know there are always whiners, complainers, and serial refunders).
    6. Expand to other market places such as Clickbank, Rapbank, etc.
    7. Write effective sales copy.
    8. Build relationships with other WSO product creators who understand #1 through #7.

    RoD
    Signature
    "Your personal philosophy is the greatest determining factor in how your life works out."
    - Jim Rohn
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4543577].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Ansar Pasha
    Banned
    I don't bother with the WSO forum for precisely this reason - warriors are cheapskates

    I'd venture on to say it would be almost impossible to sell a product worth a standard $37-$47 front end product there, even if it was worth 10x that. I've worked with my mate behind the scenes on WSO copy and it takes almost as much effort to sell a product in that price range as it does to sell a $97-$297 in other markets like dating and weight loss.

    Here's my suggestion: if you're a true internet marketer, sack up go somewhere with a real ROI. Selling biz opps to biz opp seekers (let's face it, that's what 99% of them are) isn't a good business model.

    Ansar
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4543631].message }}

Trending Topics