Success With Selling Digital Products In eBay

11 replies
Greetings Fellow Warriors

I was looking around in eBay today on the digital products which people have put up for sale... And I thought of this:

Has anyone here managed to generate a good income on eBay selling these digital products? (Especially Internet Marketing products). Considering the fact that most of the time the target audience are Internet Marketers, and that they can get the exact same product elsewhere (and get it immediately through direct download instead of bidding for it, and then waiting for the CD to arrive at their place)

What do you guys think of this?


Cheers
Jun Yuan
#digital #ebay #ebay auctions #ebay selling #products #selling #success
  • Profile picture of the author LynnM
    Check out John Thornhill, who is planetsms on eBay. He's been successfully selling digital products on eBay for some time now, as well as teaching others how to. It's not the products themselves that make the profit though, it's the upsell, etc.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2567131].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author thrigrri
      Oh! I read about him before! Thanks for that!


      Cheers
      Jun Yuan

      P.S. I've also visited his eBay page, and read the feedback that people have for him and I must say it's really an inspiration there to get started selling products on eBay! And a huge one in fact!
      Signature

      Discover Tips On Generating A Massive Income Online - http://www.junyuanlim.com
      Get Top Internet Marketing Products At Hugely Affordable Prices - http://www.internetprofitmachines.com
      Get Great Products Via Tradebit Store - http://internetprofits.tradebit.com

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2567184].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author alpacabob
      Originally Posted by LynnM View Post

      Check out John Thornhill, who is planetsms on eBay. He's been successfully selling digital products on eBay for some time now, as well as teaching others how to. It's not the products themselves that make the profit though, it's the upsell, etc.
      What do you mean? How does he upsell?
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2579614].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Alton Hargrave
        Originally Posted by alpacabob View Post

        What do you mean? How does he upsell?
        One way...put products for sale on the cd you mail people. Also, put an opportunity for people to sign up for you list on the cd. You could offer a more expensive version of your initially sold product on the cd. You can put all kinds of special offers on the cd.

        You can make up these cds yourself to get your business started. I use LightScribe to label my cds. Keep a folder on your computer for each product you have for sale along with any bonuses, videos that explain your software or other product, auto-run files, etc. Then, I copy all of them to the disc. Always include a file to cause the disc to auto-run when the customer inserts it into their computer. Many people just don't know how to run a disc. Then, I insert them into very inexpensive light weight mailers along with a small piece of paper that explains how to insert the disc and wait for it to open and what to do if it doesn't open. This really helps cut down on the customer problems.

        You don't need plastic disc holders. They just run the cost up and add to the mailing cost. I can mail these out for .88 USPS First Class mail. I have never had any complaints about the mailers. And, no need for insurance. Every once in a while someone doesn't get theirs. You just mail them another one.

        The best place to buy the LightScribe cds and the mailers is on Ebay. Buy several hundred at a time. Of course, you must have a disc drive that writes LightScribe.

        When you are in business or anything else, you need to know what you have to do. But, you also need to know what you do not have to do.

        Good luck,
        Alton
        Signature

        Sales Page Builder:Make Your Own Professional Sales Pages
        Software For Collectors, Business:Check it Out

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2580393].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author wordwizard
          Originally Posted by Alton Hargrave View Post

          One way...put products for sale on the cd you mail people. Also, put an opportunity for people to sign up for you list on the cd. You could offer a more expensive version of your initially sold product on the cd. You can put all kinds of special offers on the cd.

          You can make up these cds yourself to get your business started. I use LightScribe to label my cds. Keep a folder on your computer for each product you have for sale along with any bonuses, videos that explain your software or other product, auto-run files, etc. Then, I copy all of them to the disc. Always include a file to cause the disc to auto-run when the customer inserts it into their computer. Many people just don't know how to run a disc. Then, I insert them into very inexpensive light weight mailers along with a small piece of paper that explains how to insert the disc and wait for it to open and what to do if it doesn't open. This really helps cut down on the customer problems.

          You don't need plastic disc holders. They just run the cost up and add to the mailing cost. I can mail these out for .88 USPS First Class mail. I have never had any complaints about the mailers. And, no need for insurance. Every once in a while someone doesn't get theirs. You just mail them another one.

          The best place to buy the LightScribe cds and the mailers is on Ebay. Buy several hundred at a time. Of course, you must have a disc drive that writes LightScribe.

          When you are in business or anything else, you need to know what you have to do. But, you also need to know what you do not have to do.

          Good luck,
          Alton
          Hi Alton,

          thanks so much for the great advice!

          I've sold a few copies of one of my ebooks on ebay (should put it up for sale again...) and I added a few bonuses, but didn't think of adding special offers.

          Elisabeth

          P.S.: I also emailed them the download links as a bonus...
          Signature

          FREE Report: 5 Ways To Grow Your Affiliate Income

          Let Me Help You Sell: Sales Letters, Email Series, Pre-Sell Reports... PM me & we'll talk!
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2580469].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author Alton Hargrave
            Originally Posted by wordwizard View Post

            Hi Alton,

            thanks so much for the great advice!

            I've sold a few copies of one of my ebooks on ebay (should put it up for sale again...) and I added a few bonuses, but didn't think of adding special offers.

            Elisabeth

            P.S.: I also emailed them the download links as a bonus...
            With my Ebay sales, I also provide an electronic download after payment using DLGuard. You just cannot mention that in your Ebay listing because it is against their rules. And, I had to include a message in the DLG download page that they will still get a disc in the mail. If you don't tell them, some think that you charged for shipping and are not going to send the disc.

            Customer problems can be kept to a low hum if you address these things up front. This keeps the customers happy and makes your job easier.

            Adding an unmentioned bonus to the disc goes a long way toward their contentment. People like to get more than they pay for.

            Alton
            Signature

            Sales Page Builder:Make Your Own Professional Sales Pages
            Software For Collectors, Business:Check it Out

            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2581939].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Pradeep Bhagwat
      Originally Posted by LynnM View Post

      Check out John Thornhill, who is planetsms on eBay. He's been successfully selling digital products on eBay for some time now, as well as teaching others how to. It's not the products themselves that make the profit though, it's the upsell, etc.
      Thanks Lynn,
      You have just shown way how to upsell using digital product at e-bay. Many of internet marketers are making profit through this method. Everyone thinks that just Clickbank is the main source for digital products, but e-bay is also good for promoting your digital product.

      - Pradeep
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2581210].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Trieu
    I've been selling ebooks on ebay, but not as downloads as eBay does not allow it. You need to copy on CD. I dont tend to sell Internet marketing related prodcuts on there because from my experience they dont sell too well as people dont actually search for them. Though you can sell How to Make Money type ebooks.
    Signature

    ======================================
    "$100 On eBay with just 10 Minutes Work! {120+ copies SOLD}"

    ======================================
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2567603].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author thrigrri
      Originally Posted by Teo View Post

      I've been selling ebooks on ebay, but not as downloads as eBay does not allow it. You need to copy on CD. I dont tend to sell Internet marketing related prodcuts on there because from my experience they dont sell too well as people dont actually search for them. Though you can sell How to Make Money type ebooks.
      Hey Teo

      Thanks for your advice. Appreciate it.

      Just like to seek your advice - When you deliver your products, do you do it yourself or make use of services like Kunaki to do it? If you are using Kunaki, what's your thoughts about the service? Is it reliable?

      As for selling How To Make Money type of ebooks, you mean ebooks that talk about how to make money in general?

      I've spent the entire day looking at the types of information products that are being sold on eBay - It seems to me that most of them are related to making money online type of ebooks... The others are like... A liitle bit here and there...

      Any advice you could give me on selling digital products (especially on the topic in which I should sell digital products on)... I'm relatively new to this and as such, I would really appreciate your input and advice on this...

      Thanks so much for your help!


      Cheers
      Jun Yuan

      P.S. One more thing - Was wondering if there are any other auction-type sites (other than eBay.com) in which I can sell my digital products. Thanks!
      Signature

      Discover Tips On Generating A Massive Income Online - http://www.junyuanlim.com
      Get Top Internet Marketing Products At Hugely Affordable Prices - http://www.internetprofitmachines.com
      Get Great Products Via Tradebit Store - http://internetprofits.tradebit.com

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2568047].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Trieu
        Originally Posted by thrigrri View Post

        Hey Teo

        Thanks for your advice. Appreciate it.

        Just like to seek your advice - When you deliver your products, do you do it yourself or make use of services like Kunaki to do it? If you are using Kunaki, what's your thoughts about the service? Is it reliable?

        As for selling How To Make Money type of ebooks, you mean ebooks that talk about how to make money in general?

        I've spent the entire day looking at the types of information products that are being sold on eBay - It seems to me that most of them are related to making money online type of ebooks... The others are like... A liitle bit here and there...

        Any advice you could give me on selling digital products (especially on the topic in which I should sell digital products on)... I'm relatively new to this and as such, I would really appreciate your input and advice on this...

        Thanks so much for your help!


        Cheers
        Jun Yuan

        P.S. One more thing - Was wondering if there are any other auction-type sites (other than eBay.com) in which I can sell my digital products. Thanks!
        I don't use Kunaki, because at the moment its too pricey for me. I just copy it on a blank CD. It might not seem professional but you be suprise to find that alot of buyers dont mind aslong they feel the content they are getting is valuable to them.

        As for the money making ebooks, it can be any money making method targeting newbies Such as work at home, sell on ebay, make money using facebook etc.

        I dont know what niche ebook you should start selling. Thats up to you. It can be anything you have a interest in or a niche not found on ebay yet.

        As far as I know eBay is the best auction site available. I'm sure there are loads, but I dont think you will get that many sales from them.
        Signature

        ======================================
        "$100 On eBay with just 10 Minutes Work! {120+ copies SOLD}"

        ======================================
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2579932].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Yvess
    I don't believe that a little
    Signature

    If you would go up high, then use your own legs ! Guild Wars 2 Gold. Do not let yourselves carried aloft; do not seat yourselves on other people's backs and heads.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2581221].message }}

Trending Topics