Yes, I broke the $10K/mo ceiling for the first time in August. I started marketing here on WF in earnest in January 2010, so it's taken 9 months to get this far. And of course I'm nowhere near sustainable reliable can-count-on-it $10K/mo.
The lessons learnt:
- Provide value
- Price it right -- sometimes more is better
- Love your customers to death
- Polite, polite, polite -- even though some customers are clearly missives from hell, keep your cool
- The money *IS* in the list, if you treat the list right
- JV's and collaborations -- the ticket to growth
- The biggest lesson of all -- YOU CAN DO IT!