Internet Marketers Are Getting More and More Dishonest Nowadays.....Don't You Think So?

42 replies
Those so-called "scarcity" strategies like the "250 copies" left, never-heard-before traffic loopholes, and the list goes on and on.

I definitely know it "might" be a very good strategy toward newbie and also those people that are not good at "marketing" or even don't even care about what "common sense" is.. Yes, it may not affect much to this group of people.

One question though, is this really good in the long run?

In my opinion, once those newbies are getting more matured or even getting more exposed/experienced to all sort of marketing strategies, it will 99.9% hurt/ruin those dishonest marketers' reputation, tell me if I'm wrong.

IMHO, if you are a marketing expert and also always be very honest and transparent to your customers, then you should really thank those dishonest marketers nowadays as you can create your very own unique selling preposition very easily, say the transparency and also being really honest to your customers.


This is just my point of view though, I'm not a hater to those marketers or scarcity strategies or whatever.

But, is it really that GOOD in the long run? And does this so-called "250 copies left strategy" really make any sense to you? So does the "never-heard-before strategies/techniques" ?


As I said, this is simply just my personal point of view.

This might be very controversial to some of the people out there, but it's always good to share our opinions.


Thank you in advance.


PS : / Don't you think if those dishonest marketers continually provide "false claims" and then it will slowly lead to another tragedy like the "MLM" business model as once people hear this "Internet Marketing" word they will feel very rejected. Perhaps it's a good thing as the people who is going to do it right will win in the long run.
#dishonest #marketers #nowadaysdont
  • Profile picture of the author George Wright
    Originally Posted by WyattTenG View Post

    Those so-called "scarcity" strategies like the "250 copies" left, never-heard-before traffic loopholes, and the list goes on and on.
    Thank you in advance.
    I certainly agree with you if it's a lie and the offer will not really be limited.

    However, it's a very effective marketing tool when it is honestly used.

    The reason it is good, is because it helps make more sales. heaven forbid

    There was a recent WSO I purchased and got in under the wire on the limited offer and I'm glad I did because the offer is a real money making eye opener.

    Another marketer has a WSO going on and I/We have until tomorrow to get it or it goes up in price or goes away, I forget which. I'll get it today or tomorrow at the latest.

    So, to answer your question, limited quantity and or limited time is GREAT because of many reasons.

    You don't think Tide or Lay's Potato chips run limited quantity or limited time offers because they are really running out of soap and potatoes do you? They want to sell more product in less time.

    It's marketing.

    George Wright
    Signature
    "The first chapter sells the book; the last chapter sells the next book." Mickey Spillane
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2597538].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author WyattTenG
      Originally Posted by George Wright View Post

      I certainly agree with you if it's a lie and the offer will not really be limited.

      However, it's a very effective marketing tool when it is honestly used.

      The reason it is good, is because it helps make more sales. heaven forbid

      There was a recent WSO I purchased and got in under the wire on the limited offer and I'm glad I did because the offer is a real money making eye opener.

      Another marketer has a WSO going on and I/We have until tomorrow to get it or it goes up in price or goes away, I forget which. I'll get it today or tomorrow at the latest.

      So, to answer your question, limited quantity and or limited time is GREAT because of many reasons.

      You don't think Tide or Lay's Potato chips run limited quantity or limited time offers because they are really running out of soap and potatoes do you? They want to sell more product in less time.

      It's marketing.

      George Wright

      I certainly agree with you George.

      Yes, it might be a very good strategy to some extent or to some form of other businesses as you just mentioned about the "Tide or Lay's Potato chips" case.

      IMO though, it's not really good in the long-run if it's not being used in an honest way. The truth is there are various types of "scarcity" strategies we could use rather than this silly dishonest "250 copies" left, say the limited time offer within a certain period of time.

      For me, I prefer using the latter rather than putting my reputation or business on risk.

      Cheers,

      Wyatt
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2597563].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author oneplusone
      I think scarcity is fine when it is true and honoured, not okay when it is not true.

      When it isn't true, without sugar coating it - it is basically lying.

      The reality is with a lot of scarcity plays (200 copies available for example), nobody is going to know whether the seller really sold 200 copies or not even if the offer is closed eventually.

      Only the seller will usually know, and sometimes the affiliates also.

      I know one guru in the IM niche earlier in the year said publically there would only be 500 places available, but went on to sell 1,000+ (he even admitted this later)

      Even if a seller does start out with the intention of limiting copies, if sales are flying in greed will often get the better of them and they will sell double, triple or many times what they intended.
      Signature
      'If you hear a voice within you say "you cannot paint," then by all means paint and that voice will be silenced.' Vincent Van Gogh.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2597592].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author WyattTenG
        Originally Posted by oneplusone View Post

        I think scarcity is fine when it is true and honoured, not okay when it is not true.

        When it isn't true, without sugar coating it - it is basically lying.

        The reality is with a lot of scarcity plays (200 copies available for example), nobody is going to know whether the seller really sold 200 copies or not even if the offer is closed eventually.

        Only the seller will usually know, and sometimes the affiliates also.

        I know one guru in the IM niche earlier in the year said publically there would only be 500 places available, but went on to sell 1,000+ (he even admitted this later)

        Even if a seller does start out with the intention of limiting copies, if sales are flying in greed will often get the better of them and they will sell double, triple or many times what they intended.

        Scarcity is indeed a very good strategy as you said if it's used in a right way.

        But some marketers might be too greedy of making more money as they always claim the strategies/techniques have totally never been released before. And also provide ridiculous "false claims". This will 100% hurt their reputation though once people find out it is really a BS.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2597628].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author suaveymcsuave
        Originally Posted by oneplusone View Post

        I think scarcity is fine when it is true and honoured, not okay when it is not true.

        When it isn't true, without sugar coating it - it is basically lying.

        The reality is with a lot of scarcity plays (200 copies available for example), nobody is going to know whether the seller really sold 200 copies or not even if the offer is closed eventually.

        Only the seller will usually know, and sometimes the affiliates also.

        I know one guru in the IM niche earlier in the year said publically there would only be 500 places available, but went on to sell 1,000+ (he even admitted this later)

        Even if a seller does start out with the intention of limiting copies, if sales are flying in greed will often get the better of them and they will sell double, triple or many times what they intended.
        I agree. Scarcity is what gets certain people moving. Most people put things off because there isn't a deadline setup to light a fire. If you have a valid reason AND explain your reason for scarcity then it works so much better, is so much more powerful, and is so much more honest.

        We've all seen the, "This offer will expire by midnight tonight!" scarcity tactic. The next time you go to the site you see the same deadline for the same offer. This works in some markets, but when we've seen it so much in this industry it is quite pathetic.

        There was one time when I did go back and the guy did take away the offer when he said he would. Good for him. They were being honest about it.

        -Dave (suaveymcsuave)
        Signature

        I have a sloppy signature, so I print instead.

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2598800].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author excoder01
    They're selling a false dream to newbies.

    And to them, it works since there's a sucker born everyday.

    The day when IMers become more honest is the day, people become more consumer savvy. However, based on reading the Facebook comments on Traffic Siphon...it won't happen soon.

    "Wow, I will buy this product to become rich next week!"
    "Please help - I want to use traffic siphon to pay off my bills tommorow."
    "New to internet, want big money, steady, and soon now..."

    Those newbies are so desperate chasing a false dream promised by hype-up videos or salesletters.
    Signature
    Affiliate Review Templates - get affiliate review templates every week. No tech or marketing skills required!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2597600].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author jazbo
    No. Some people selling online and offline have always lied to some degree. Others don't.
    Signature
    CONTENT WRITER. Reliable, UK-Based, 6 Years Experience - ANY NICHE
    Click Here For Writing Samples & Online Ordering
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2597664].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Pat Blank
    Merchants have used exaggeration, lies, tricks etc since the dawn of time - in fact I'm sure those ancient cave drawings aren't about any REAL hunt where the great warrior used his spear to kill, no that's just his way of hyping that old rotting carcass that he wants to trade for a good rock or two.

    It's human nature to puff your goods, and human nature to be skeptical of sales claims.

    It's just that the internet is getting so much more popular that it seems like internet hype and dishonesty is so much more obvious.

    There are a lot more honest internet marketers, too - a lot of them here on WF. Thanks!
    Signature

    "The amateur works until he gets it right. The professional works until he cannot get it wrong." - Julie Andrews

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2597685].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Vogin
      The thing is that even if it is dishonest, you are powerless to stop it - I saw numerous times that I had 10 minutes to grab a copy before the world explodes and when I came back tomorrow, I had those 10 minutes again...

      It can repel customers with brains. When enough people use brain online, it will disappear...
      Signature

      ppcsluzby.cz/en - PPC agency


      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2597781].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Alexa Smith
    Banned
    Originally Posted by WyattTenG View Post

    Those so-called "scarcity" strategies like the "250 copies" left, never-heard-before traffic loopholes, and the list goes on and on.
    I hear you. But I don't think it's necessarily a sign that internet marketers are collectively getting more dishonest. I think that to a great extent it's a sign that they're getting more gullible on average (simply because more gullible people are "trying internet marketing" now than previously), and that as huge numbers of people continue to pour into internet marketing, there's more and more misinformation around.

    As the number of people involved in internet marketing (or trying to be) continues to grow, the base of the triangle, of course, swells more than the top, and that's the most visible part.

    All this less-than-wholesome stuff that you see (some of which you refer to) probably represents more "naivety" than "dishonesty", I think. Many people are just uninformed or ill-informed and think/hope that this sort of stuff will work. Those opinions are continually reinforced by people selling them all sorts of stuff, too.

    Yes, in some cases it'll damage their reputations, but bear in mind that most people "arriving" in internet marketing don't last a year anyway.

    They're being (directly or indirectly) "sold" this stuff by others - who are much more the dishonest ones - who've found that it's easier to make a living selling grotesquely misguided "information for newbies" than it is from any other form of internet marketing.

    It's bad for all of us, but unless and until there are more regulators and more widespread and unified enforcement (which, of course, most of us don't welcome anyway), that's how it has to be.

    I agree with you that in the long run, and for the most part, it will be people "doing it right" who survive and benefit, anyway - and in that sense, at least, it may all not be quite as bad as it sometimes looks/feels.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2597731].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author templarjustice
      Originally Posted by Alexa Smith View Post


      It's bad for all of us, but unless and until there are more regulators and more widespread and unified enforcement (which, of course, most of us don't welcome anyway), that's how it has to be.
      Absolutely. We need unified enforcement.

      We also need to slap the heads of the merchant companies, Payment Processors, and businesses who push membership scripts to create a better process to:
      1. Create an Official Script To Count Actual Sales so that with simple code, you can place Number Of Sales Made directly on your site --(specific to the IM niche, or others if need be).

      This will solve the problem 100%. I've being pushing for Wishlist Member to try & get this so all you'd have to do is when you get a sale, you can put code on your page, and it will actually count actual sales -- count up or count down. PayPal, already has this, however, it's during your actual payment process, but you still have to tap into the api and pull that data.
      There needs to be an easier way.

      Some people may not want to do this for fear of not selling anything. But that's even better. Becuase you will know there is something wrong with your operation, if some item is not selling.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2597793].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Steven Carl Kelly
    Destroying trust in online marketers hurts all of us honest marketers in the long run, just like the perception of used car salesmen affected the honest sellers in that market.
    Signature
    Read this SURPRISING REPORT Before You Buy ANY WSO! Click Here
    FREE REPORT: Split Test Your Landing Pages the Easy Way
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2597738].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author gfsocial
    One of the scariest expereinces i had was going to one of the "affiliate marketer" type trade shows...

    Nothing but used car sales guy.. guy with the ties.. as far as the eye could see.

    I often dislike telling people what "i do" because if someone actually grasps the concept.. and doesn't think i own a p0rn site(how else do you make money online they always say).... they will think im a completely horrible and unethical person ...
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2597740].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author WyattTenG
      Originally Posted by J42 View Post

      I dont know how Russell Brunson sleeps at night.
      Anyway, this is not about Russell Brunson though... Look at the latest products at Clickbank.

      Clickbank might one day 100% strictly follow the FTC rules. Vendors must not make "false claims" if the products' strategies/techniques themselves have actually been revealed before, etc.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2597762].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author templarjustice
    At the end of the day, if WE as "CONSUMERS" and "ETHICAL MARKETERS" call them out directly on these issues, it will be a better marketplace.
    If we can 100% justify the facts, and back up our own statements with facts to these unethical, and disappointing issues that are happening, no one can put you down on it.

    I know when I make a statement, know one will dispute it, cause I bring the facts. And if someone tries to dispute it or clarify what they were trying to say, I give them the link to the proof.

    Right now, there is one marketer that some gurus are pushing, and this guy has the nerve to PHOTOSHOP his face on the front cover of Entrepreneur magazine!
    Since I used to be a reader of the magazine, and it's definitely a company with high brand loyalty, I knew this had to be bogus, however, I wasn't 100% sure. But, I'm 99% confident that there has never been an Entrepreneur magazine in 2007 showcasing 1 individual who made $1 million. I intend to research this product & guy further & expose this. But what was the specific issue?
    Another Dishonest tactic that has been creeping up is the use of:
    As Seen On, and I was in this magazine, or that t.v. show -- when in fact you were not.
    The difference may have been, you spent $5,000 to place an AD in a specific magazine, but you were not featured, did not get a front cover, and that you paid for the testimonials, but didn't disclose that anywhere in your sales copy.

    This is an issue that is growing, and I know will soon get out of hand. But if people simple start telling the truth, and stating 100% facts, tell us it's hard, tell us specifics, tells us how THEY are operating what they are selling, then people are more inclined to purchase & less inclined to refund.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2597752].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Steven Carl Kelly
      Originally Posted by templarjustice View Post

      Another Dishonest tactic that has been creeping up is the use of:
      As Seen On, and I was in this magazine, or that t.v. show -- when in fact you were not. The difference may have been, you spent $5,000 to place an AD in a specific magazine, but you were not featured, did not get a front cover, and that you paid for the testimonials, but didn't disclose that anywhere in your sales copy.
      That isn't new, it has been around since before the internet. Mail order marketers would routinely run ads in big newspapers and magazines and then advertise in their salesletters that this is the system "seen in the New York Times" or "as seen in Time magazine".

      One old-timey money-making guru (long before the internet was born) used to advertise that his system was the one that was used to win a challenge that was presented in a large newspaper (Boston Globe, LA Times, New York Times, Wall Street Journal, I don't remember). Well, that was true -- but the "challenge" was an AD that HE took out in which he had several regular people try to make money. Most used their own wits and made nothing or very little, but one of the people in the challenge was given his system to use. Of course, his system generated far more return than the others, and so he legitimately claimed that his was the winning system in the Blah Blah Blah Times contest.
      Signature
      Read this SURPRISING REPORT Before You Buy ANY WSO! Click Here
      FREE REPORT: Split Test Your Landing Pages the Easy Way
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2597786].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author templarjustice
        Originally Posted by Steven Carl Kelly View Post

        That isn't new, it has been around since before the internet. Mail order marketers would routinely run ads in big newspapers and magazines and then advertise in their salesletters that this is the system "seen in the New York Times" or "as seen in Time magazine".

        One old-timey money-making guru (long before the internet was born) used to advertise that his system was the one that was used to win a challenge that was presented in a large newspaper (Boston Globe, LA Times, New York Times, Wall Street Journal, I don't remember). Well, that was true -- but the "challenge" was an AD that HE took out in which he had several regular people try to make money. Most used their own wits and made nothing or very little, but one of the people in the challenge was given his system to use. Of course, his system generated far more return than the others, and so he legitimately claimed that his was the winning system in the Blah Blah Blah Times contest.

        The point is not whether it's new or not. It's the fact that
        1.) It's wrong. It's unethical. You are not only false advertising, but you are stating that you had a featured cover on a legitimate magazine.

        2.) It's 2010 -When can we get some transparency. Who will step up? Accepting the status quo is the problem. Exposing the problem is the answer & letting people know, while supporting those that are doing the right thing the right way & lifting those people up.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2597810].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Steven Carl Kelly
          Originally Posted by templarjustice View Post

          1.) It's wrong. It's unethical. You are not only false advertising, but you are stating that you had a featured cover on a legitimate magazine.
          Saying you were featured on a cover of a magazine when you were not is, indeed, completely wrong. Saying that you product was "seen in" a magazine where you placed an ad may not be...
          Signature
          Read this SURPRISING REPORT Before You Buy ANY WSO! Click Here
          FREE REPORT: Split Test Your Landing Pages the Easy Way
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2597829].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author Alexa Smith
            Banned
            Originally Posted by Steven Carl Kelly View Post

            Saying you were featured on a cover of a magazine when you were not is, indeed, completely wrong. Saying that you product was "seen in" a magazine where you placed an ad may not be...
            "May not be"?! If you ask 1,000 people in the street whether its intention is to mislead people about what it means, how many of them do you think will say "yes": 998 or 999?
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2598806].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author JoshuaG
              I think scarcity is okay if:

              Your product is one which diminishes in value as ownership of said product goes up.

              -OR-

              You genuinely have limited copies of it. This would not be the case of the majority of digital products.

              Other then that, while it maybe a powerful sales tactic, your purpose in using it is to pressure someone to buy something...to create unnecessary urgency for the sake of making a sale.

              I don't agree with that.
              Signature

              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2598994].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author daja72
              Since I joined this forum and the WAR ROOM, I've saved myself a ton of money by coming here first before giving up my hard earned cash. I want to personally thank everyone who provides their honest opinions of new products.

              I don't deny that we are all here to make money, but not at the expense of others through trickery, lying or dishonesty. I'm still trying to find my personal marketing "NICHE" for which I've been working on for awhile now. I've come to the conclusion that there are no magic bullets. You need to decide what business model you want to pursue and go for it. We all want instant, but it really isn't.

              Dan
              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2599031].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author MarketTrader
    Originally Posted by WyattTenG View Post


    In my opinion, once those newbies are getting more matured or even getting more exposed/experienced to all sort of marketing strategies, it will 99.9% hurt/ruin those dishonest marketers' reputation, tell me if I'm wrong.
    Exactly!

    I don't only educate customers and warn them about dishonest vendors word trap. I also educate my affiliates on my affiliate page and teach them why advertising for those crooks won't generate a steady income for them anyways!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2597925].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author TelZilla
    Originally Posted by WyattTenG View Post

    Those so-called "scarcity" strategies like the "250 copies" left, never-heard-before traffic loopholes, and the list goes on and on.
    I joined a popular marketers list awhile back just to see how many times I would be prompted to buy someone's product, and today received an email titled "SHOCKING. Truly Shocking (please read)." In it was a basic promotion for a traffic loophole system/software.

    Now I didn't really read the copy after the first few hyped lines, just scanned it, but I did look at the pictures out of curiosity. What little I read sounds like almost every IM miracle product I've ever seen.

    I really enjoyed the big Analytics graphic in the top 1/3 of the page which shows proof of their 135k monthly traffic using their exclusive traffic loophole. I especially liked the fact that this site only received 33.28% new visits, had a bounce rate of 77%, yet avg time on site of 3:41 with only 1.45 pages/visit.

    Obviously, there is a long video on this site, probably around 20 minutes or so (or a series of shorter videos), as that's the only way I'm aware of where you can really push the time-on-site numbers. Unless all your visitors are incredibly slow readers...and they aren't. My experience tells me that most people scan pages instead of reading them fully.

    The numbers in that picture also tell me the site gets a steady stream of repeat visitors, not new visitors (33.28% new visits). So basically, out of the 135k visitors that month, 90k were repeat visitors.

    Also, just to note, traffic on that site is essentially flat at 4500 visitors per day for the 30 day period shown. No huge 0 to 100k spikes.

    Now, if this system they are selling as the ultimate traffic loophole is supposed to bounce you from 0 to 135k in one month, then I would have to say, using their own numbers as an example, that they are lying.

    However, I personally believe they took a screenshot of one of their more popular sites and used that number exclusively for it's shock value.

    So what's the point of this? Are internet marketers getting more dishonest?

    Using this as an average example of some recent launches I've paid attention to, then the answer is a resounding: Yes. Their product may be useful and effective, but they aren't selling it. These marketers are selling a dream. Nothing more.

    --------------------

    note: Out of the 80+ mailings I've received from this marketer's list over the last 90 days, only 12 weren't promoting someone else's product. And those 12 were promoting their own product. No content at all. Just what I consider to be list abuse. I unsubscribed today. I was just curious after all and wanted to test a theory. Products purchased from their links: 0.
    Signature
    Don't get so wrapped up in making money that you forget the important things in life.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2597973].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Kael41
    There were x number of online marketers floating around in 1997. Some were honest, some were dishonest.

    Flash forward to now and there are approximated 1 billion, 200 million, 500 thousand new marketers. You're going to get another mix of good and bad marketers. There's just MORE junk to wade through.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2598083].message }}
  • People in general are getting more and more dishonest nowadays...
    Signature
    @xxxx[{::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::> IM COUPONS <::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::}]xxxx@
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2598103].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Focused Action
    I would love to see an internet marketer create a complete product line and then act as if they have the best product - superior to the "competition" - always updating to be the leader. Is there any other industry where a business tells you to buy a competitors product? I guess if the auto mfg paid commissions to each other we would get emails from Ford telling us there is a great deal on the best cars in town...over at the Chevy dealer...only a few left...we will give you bonus...free car washes for life..
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2598148].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author JoseArmando
    I think it's always been like that. Just watch Glengarry Glen Ross
    Signature

    "To realize the value of ONE-SECOND, ask a person who just avoided an accident."

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2598193].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Chris Ingham
    It is simply preying on what makes the most money. Newbs with very little experience, and lots of perceived "needs".

    They think they need the newest and the best, when what they need is to try. They need to try and fail, try and fail, and then try and fail again. It will help teach them what their marketing problems are, and what kind of "style" they have. This is a very strange place to get started, because one second you can be floundering and the next flourishing, simply because you got found by a search engine.

    As for dishonesty in marketing? Snakeoil? It has been around since the dawn of time. The saying if it seems too good to be true, it probably is, didn't show up because of the internet. We have always embellished our goods. Pepsi used to be considered an antacid, sort of calm your stomach drink. We love our cure alls.

    Chris
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2598255].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author silentsal
    [DELETED]
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2601130].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author BigDaddys101
      I see a lot of diverse answers, and I know how you feel Wyatt fell for it at one time. But I have a question for ya.

      Have you ever heard of an "Honest" salesman?

      One thing I can say though is that there are some good opportunities and WSO's out there. A lot of them will give you all of the basic guidelines.

      No ONE way will ever be perfect << It would be impossible

      The trick is to master the way you learned and refine it to suite your needs

      A good marketer knows all about trial and error. Data analysis and research are the key.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2601155].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author silentsal
    Thanks for saving me money on the Traffic Siphon guys! I'm not quite a Newbie, but I'm still a little green around the edges. I've yet to make money online, though I'm convinced I'm not far off the breakthrough moment. I keep falling for these dishonest sales tactics. Fortunately, having been burned a couple of times I've now learned to check with the Warrior Forum before parting with my cash. I'm very glad I did!

    Can anyone point me in the direction of any recommended WSOs covering free traffic generation? I'm really struggling!

    Thanks

    Sal
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2601240].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Michael Oksa
    Don't like it? Don't do it.

    Point out the honest marketers.

    Magnify the good.

    Over time, that's the way to counter the BS that is out there.

    There will always be BS, but there are far more honest people, and always will be. So, why not focus on them instead of adding fuel to the fire?

    Just a thought (or two, or...)

    All the best,
    Michael
    Signature

    "Ich bin en fuego!"
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2601383].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Patient-X
    It might be dishonest, but the fact is that it works !

    Would you really stop using a successful marketing technique thats bringing a great revenue stream ?

    If yes then you are a nice person but not the best at Marketing or sales!

    What I have seen work successful was Jeff Walker and his Product Launch Formula 3.0. After a certain amount of time the offer was closed. He then waited a few days then offered the product to everyone that didn't buy it the previous time. Then closed the offer again.
    Signature
    Undercover Guru gives away all of his dirty little secrets

    IM-ASYLUM.com - (coming soon)
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2601575].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author thegamecat
    Welcome to IM. My name is Dave and I earn 20000USD per week in a way you could only dream of, by sitting behind a desk pressing one button every hour and checking my fat bank balance. This is a car I'm standing next to and this guy is Jon, he's also very wealthy, see how he walks around in expensive shoes. I could tell you my secret but I'm not sure I'm ready to be responsible for 100 people bringing the established online retailers to their knees in 7 days of online madness. I guess if you could persuade me that you really deserve to be one of those 100 people then maybe, just maybe I'll let you pay me that one time price of $399. Understand I've heard all sorts of stories from people but only a select few make it into my world. Find out if you've got what it takes to learn my secrets by sending me a note below. If I don't get back to you I'm either away at my place in Hawaii or you didn't make the cut. Cya on the other side, if you're worth it.
    Signature

    Flying

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2602063].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author PPC-Coach
    It's not right at all but it's done time and time again by the usual suspects.

    As soon as you start noticing all their trickery, it means you're not their target market anymore.

    It's a way to get short term, quick hits instead of building a long term business based on solid systems.

    The best is when a big name marketer gives away a product he previously sold for $1997 a year ago. That's really slapping your customers right in their face. All in the name of adding a "bonus" so you can sell some more crap.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2602116].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author proactive1
      Originally Posted by PPC-Coach View Post

      It's not right at all but it's done time and time again by the usual suspects.

      As soon as you start noticing all their trickery, it means you're not their target market anymore.

      It's a way to get short term, quick hits instead of building a long term business based on solid systems.

      The best is when a big name marketer gives away a product he previously sold for $1997 a year ago. That's really slapping your customers right in their face. All in the name of adding a "bonus" so you can sell some more crap.
      PPC, you raise an excellent point regarding bogus "bonus" as I might refer to it as... In any event Internet Marketing is not unlike any other business model and I hate to be so cynical about this, but in any business it basically boils down to this: It's kill or be killed.
      Signature
      Chuck Anthony
      "You can always better your best."

      Home Business Hints
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2602285].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author RichardHK
    Came across this Internet Marketing Sins free eBooks and video today. Seems like some IMers are getting very tired with what is going on. Only partway through first book so far (it's thick) but good stuff to know. Already recognising quite a few more practices that will result in hitting Delete!

    I won't mention a few ranting-blogs out there that I also came across, but guess they are well known to the gurus here. And learnt a new word "frauducts" for products.
    Signature

    Richard, Hong Kong
    Business Consulting

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2602240].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author sassyface78
    I agree that there's some dishonest people out there but surely the majority of internet marketers are just trying to promote their site and increase business? I would just be aware of "too good to be true" offers.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2602739].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author success_89
    when the product owners continue past the deadline THATS when i feel its awful..... althought fairly pulling it and re releasing at a later date is acceptable when done in a common sense fashion...
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2602751].message }}

Trending Topics