I've gained loads from this forum. Pretty much learnt this strategy from here. So here it is below:
This is the overall strategy, for maintaining top position for selected product keywords.
1. Product selection from clickbank (or any other place)
2. Set up WP blog with product name in the url
3. Write an honest review of the product (pros, cons, benefits and star rating)
4. Write articles using keywords such as:
a. product name + review
b, product name + author + review
c. buy + product name
d. product name + does it work?
These are the keywords that will bring in interested customers where you facilitate the sale.
4. Optimise each article for SEO
a. Install all in one seo plugin for WP
5. Post each article to the blog
6. Optimise your site in general for SEO
7. Submit each article to ezinearticles
8. Build a handful of backlinks to homepage and a couple of deeper pages
9. Set-up Opt-in and autoresponder series
10. Periodically check in to clickbank to watch sales increase!
That is the exact process that I follow to get sales through clickbank. As Kok Choon says in his great post here:
"Always think ahead, move in front of the traffic even they are not there yet!"
Anyone want to add any steps to that or any other things they do?
Hope it helps a few of you out!