Uk Warriors - Best Way To Get Ranked On Google.co.uk?

12 replies
Hi Guys,

Just thought I would post in here to see what you though about how to get listed on Google for the UK results, so Google.co.uk?

What I mean is there is loads of ways to get listed on Google.com like Ezine Articles, Squidoo, Hub Pages etc... and build your backlinks however how do you get listed on the UK version?

What is the best way to build back links for a site to get good .co.uk listings?

All the best

Chris
#google #google uk #googlecouk #ranked #seo #warriors #website optimiztion
  • Profile picture of the author rondo
    There are 3 main things to consider:

    UK domain name
    UK based server
    UK backlinks

    Now there's a lot of debate over which of these are most effective, but in my experience if you have 2 of the 3 you will see some results.

    A uk domain is a good start.


    Andrew
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[232445].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Chri5123
      Hi Andrew,

      Thanks for your help.

      Ok what would you suggest for UK backlinks?

      I mean do you just use Ezine Articles and Squidoo?

      The reason I ask is because if you look at the google.co.uk results and click on "Results only from the UK" you never see Squidoo lens or Ezine articles.

      Chris
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[232474].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author rondo
        Originally Posted by Chri5123 View Post

        Hi Andrew,

        Thanks for your help.

        Ok what would you suggest for UK backlinks?

        I mean do you just use Ezine Articles and Squidoo?

        The reason I ask is because if you look at the google.co.uk results and click on "Results only from the UK" you never see Squidoo lens or Ezine articles.

        Chris

        Try to get links from uk website directories, uk forums, post comments on uk blogs etc.

        Andrew
        Signature
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[232490].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Janet Sawyer
      As "NIKE" would say, "Just Do it"

      If you listen to theorists! that's all you've got to go on.
      If you try it for yourself, you've got results.
      "This worked today, didn't work yesterday, and won't work tommorrow"

      Put it up there, see what it does, if it doesn't deliver change it, then record the results.

      Testing and tracking is your only true answer, yes, I know it's boring but it''s what works.

      Google is like a 15 year old teenager........ "I love you today" then tommorrow you are "Like out of my life forever!"
      "Talk to the hand, cos the face ain't listening!!

      I guess you have to have teenagers in the house to understand that. But basically, Google is the biggest teenager you never gave birth to.
      It changes what it wants to be acceptable and if you ever get to grips with it's gripes! (another baby statement!) then let the rest of us know

      Sorry I was in the wrong queue when the serious injections were given out. I stood in the Sense of humour queue by Miss Pake.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[232479].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Janet Sawyer
        Originally Posted by Janet Sawyer View Post

        As "NIKE" would say, "Just Do it"

        If you listen to theorists! that's all you've got to go on.
        If you try it for yourself, you've got results.
        "This worked today, didn't work yesterday, and won't work tommorrow"

        Put it up there, see what it does, if it doesn't deliver change it, then record the results.

        Testing and tracking is your only true answer, yes, I know it's boring but it''s what works.

        Google is like a 15 year old teenager........ "I love you today" then tommorrow you are "Like out of my life forever!"
        "Talk to the hand, cos the face ain't listening!!

        I guess you have to have teenagers in the house to understand that. But basically, Google is the biggest teenager you never gave birth to.
        It changes what it wants to be acceptable and if you ever get to grips with it's gripes! (another baby statement!) then let the rest of us know

        Sorry I was in the wrong queue when the serious injections were given out. I stood in the Sense of humour queue by Miss Pake.
        ok then, nevermind!
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[232516].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Chri5123
          LOL Sorry Janet.

          I took your point!

          The reason that I ask is because I am good at getting sites to the top of Google.com and have no problem taking action, only I have not seen many of the methods that are used for getting a .com website high up on Google.com work on the UK listings.

          So was just looking for some tips!

          You are spot on about Google being fickle though!

          All the best

          Chris
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[232527].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Mike Bogowski
    Use a co.uk domain name

    After that use all of the conventional SEO strategies, works well for Google.com.au and I assume co.uk will be the same

    Hope this helps
    Signature

    Puppets are people too

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[232497].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author rondo
    Mike is that with a AU or USA hosting account?
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[232502].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Mike Bogowski
      Originally Posted by rondo View Post

      Mike is that with a AU or USA hosting account?
      I host everything out of the US. Australian dedicated servers are just too expensive.
      Since they are .com.au sites they tend to attract .com.au links naturally as well. But I don't focus on building links specifically from Australian sites.

      Personally I think the whole AU hosting thing is just fluff spread through the internet by people who think it sounds like a logical theory. It might make a little difference but I haven't seen any evidence of it.
      Signature

      Puppets are people too

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[232533].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author rondo
    I agree with you Mike.


    Andrew
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[232551].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Janet Sawyer
    Chris,

    Google.co.uk is like all us Brits! - takes time to wake up - alarm has to go off at least "4" times, before we decide what to do about that damn thing!

    Then when it does wake up..............
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[232573].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author tonyscott
    In my experience a uk host isn't necessary.

    Get your keywords in your .co.uk domain name

    Build your site on a wordpress blog

    get one way backlinks hyperlinked to internal pages optimised for a specific keyword, it steers google in the right direction.

    It works, i can put up a blog post and be indexed and ranked highly on google.co.uk within minutes for competitive keywords.

    In general, it seems to be easier to rank on yahoo.co.uk, but it produces about 20% of the traffic that google does.

    You can always post an article to my directory, not sure how effecctive that is, it's more a labour of love than anything else. having said that G is starting to index pages again.

    Tony
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[232662].message }}

Trending Topics