Having trouble deciding on KWs take a look pls!

14 replies
I'm trying to concentrate on using good keywords, please tell me if these are worth a darn or not please. Any help would be appreciated.
#deciding #kws #pls #trouble
  • Profile picture of the author magicmarcus
    are you going for free traffic or paid?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2634274].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author ddlingo
      Originally Posted by magicmarcus View Post

      are you going for free traffic or paid?
      I will probably go for both...Help understand why it would make a difference. Thanks
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2634286].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ddlingo
    Here are the last few...Thanks..Please just let me know if KW1 or KW2 etc is worth pursuing, I am new to Keyword research and I am trying to get a good grasp of whats worth going after or not..
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2634278].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Brenden Clerget
    I see that you have Market Samurai... which is good.

    Yet if you are asking us for opinions, I don't want to be too forward, but it may seem that you don't know it's fullest potential yet.

    Perhaps look around for some MS videos or watch the videos provided from Market Samurai themselves.

    The biggest things are the keyword in the title, domain and description, if people have those already and it's going to be hard for you to match their optimization you might have trouble. Yet, if their backlink numbers are low you can pump backlinks with your anchor text and outrank almost anybody.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2634287].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author magicmarcus
      there is a huge difference here...

      for example i could get traffic immediately on any keyword using ppc... so all i have to do is see if the cost / payout model works.

      on free traffic i tend to find the low hanging fruit and evaluate weather the word is worth it or not...

      for example... robin hood coloring pictures could have decent traffic and very little competition... but if i have nothing to sell them... whats the point.

      on the other hand... mortgage refinance in idaho for single mothers may have a tiny bit of traffic... but then again the mortgage industry pays like $40 a click in some markets.

      by the way... you can make money with both if done correctly.

      any tips on the market you are entering?
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2634306].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author ddlingo
        Originally Posted by magicmarcus View Post

        there is a huge difference here...

        for example i could get traffic immediately on any keyword using ppc... so all i have to do is see if the cost / payout model works.

        on free traffic i tend to find the low hanging fruit and evaluate weather the word is worth it or not...

        for example... robin hood coloring pictures could have decent traffic and very little competition... but if i have nothing to sell them... whats the point.

        on the other hand... mortgage refinance in idaho for single mothers may have a tiny bit of traffic... but then again the mortgage industry pays like $40 a click in some markets.

        by the way... you can make money with both if done correctly.

        any tips on the market you are entering?
        Some of those KWs come from different markets/niches..sweepstakes, economy, debt, ipad...
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2634329].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author ddlingo
      Originally Posted by DrivenForMillions View Post

      I see that you have Market Samurai... which is good.

      Yet if you are asking us for opinions, I don't want to be too forward, but it may seem that you don't know it's fullest potential yet.

      Perhaps look around for some MS videos or watch the videos provided from Market Samurai themselves.

      The biggest things are the keyword in the title, domain and description, if people have those already and it's going to be hard for you to match their optimization you might have trouble. Yet, if their backlink numbers are low you can pump backlinks with your anchor text and outrank almost anybody.

      No i don't know how to best use Market Samurai yet. I have watched all of the videos more than once, but still putting things into live practice is a bit different. There are hardly any hard numbers to go by when deciding if its a good KW or not, thats where I'm stuck...Whats a low backlink number? Some of them are "GREEN" within Market Samurai..Should I try to just get in top 10 rank or should I only go for top 3 ranking?
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2634320].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Fraggler
    ddlingo,

    Those are all pretty tough keywords to get started. First thing I would do is hide all the crap that isn't really relevant. Hide the DA, IC, BLED, DMZ, YAH, CA columns...you can hide the T, U, D, H columns too.

    Anyone can get the onsite SEO sorted - it isn't even a speed bump.

    Concentrate on getting the PR of the top 10 really low; even aim for under 3 for all of them. 0 is the best.

    BLP should also be really low (to get started). Go for less than 20 backlinks to the page and you will have some really easy keywords to target. As you build up your confidence you can start picking tougher keywords.

    With the tougher keywords you need to have a good plan of attack (with the resources) to build a quality backlink profile. It is easy just to start with the weak keywords while you build up the rest of your resources.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2634323].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Neptune.
    Well I'm guessing you are new to the whole marketing on the Internets thing and the SEO competition for the search terms that you're looking at is fierce.

    Don't be greedy. Don't go after the terms that get so many searches.

    Dig down a little deeper and look for terms where it will be easier to compete.

    Try to find terms where there are mainly PR2, PR3 websites, which have got no more than 100~150 backlinks linking to the page.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2634328].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author ddlingo
      Originally Posted by Fraggler View Post

      ddlingo,

      Those are all pretty tough keywords to get started. First thing I would do is hide all the crap that isn't really relevant. Hide the DA, IC, BLED, DMZ, YAH, CA columns...you can hide the T, U, D, H columns too.

      Anyone can get the onsite SEO sorted - it isn't even a speed bump.

      Concentrate on getting the PR of the top 10 really low; even aim for under 3 for all of them. 0 is the best.

      BLP should also be really low (to get started). Go for less than 20 backlinks to the page and you will have some really easy keywords to target. As you build up your confidence you can start picking tougher keywords.

      With the tougher keywords you need to have a good plan of attack (with the resources) to build a quality backlink profile. It is easy just to start with the weak keywords while you build up the rest of your resources.
      THATS SOME GOOD INFO! Thanks!


      Originally Posted by Neptune. View Post

      Well I'm guessing you are new to the whole marketing on the Internets thing and the SEO competition for the search terms that you're looking at is fierce.

      Don't be greedy. Don't go after the terms that get so many searches.

      Dig down a little deeper and look for terms where it will be easier to compete.

      Try to find terms where there are mainly PR2, PR3 websites, which have got no more than 100~150 backlinks linking to the page.
      THATS SOME GOOD INFO AS Well! Thanks!
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2634364].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ddlingo
    So what numbers should my SEOT vs. SEOC be before deciding to check the competition pages?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2634368].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ddlingo
    Been doing some reading , I think I finally got the idea of "low hanging fruit" ..I got most of my knowledge from the Commission Blueprint 2.0 course btw
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2636522].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author seobro
    I like the first set, but not sure on conversion. Actually, doing the A B Test is the best way. Right now, I like to use Keyword Discovery, but it is expensive. Not sure if you are willing to spend the money.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2637396].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author kevinw1
    ddingo, you might benefit from the first part especially of The Challenge - they use Market Samurai for keyword research and teach a simplified method of decoding the SEO matrix that you are looking at.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2639106].message }}

Trending Topics