Every Single Millionaire Marketer I Know...

43 replies
is into striking joint ventures

is into copywriting & conversions

+++

Joint Ventures:

You can spend $1,000,000 on paid traffic to get tons and tons of targeted traffic, or you can strike JV's. You can spend years and years on SEO, or you can strike JV's.

JV's are "recommended" traffic too... coming from people who have a following of sorts.

six and seven figure launches are mostly from JV launches... not paid traffic or SEO launches.

but, most ignore this route for getting lots and lots of traffic

enough said

+++

Copy and conversions

Most ignore it...dont spend enough time learning it... never invest in it and just are not "into" it enough. I'm talking about learning "why people buy"... how to punch their buttons... how the human mind works... how to come up with hooks and killer offers... how to create controversy... how to get people to take action and click that link... etc

Most ignore this too... heck, most just want some scheme that can earn them an extra $500 per month... some loop hole scheme... some secret tactic that works.... there's got to be some little-known method that is simple to follow and just works right?

"how's that working out for you who have been at this for YEARS and still searching?"

why has thou forsaken me?

+++

"But Eric... I don't want to make millions... I just want to make a few grand per month."

yep. I know.

Eric Louviere
PS - There's a reason most salesletters say "A little known reason for doing _____"

just sayin'
#marketer #millionaire #single
  • Profile picture of the author JackTriggs
    Yep and they all have a product to boot (ie. not solely an aff marketer)
    Signature
    Make $1000's Every Month By "Cool Dude Marketing"? You Gotta Check This
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2642580].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author King Shiloh
    Banned
    You are very correct, Eric.

    There's a height someone can never attain in life if he decides to go solo. Good or effective partnership always has a multiplier effect.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2642581].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Matt MacPherson
    Well, I've got two things going for me: I LOVE learning copy (I would do it for free if I had to) and I love to split test.

    I also have my own products, which is something else I believe "million dollar marketers" have in common.

    The only thing I'm completely oblivious to is JVs. And by JVs I mean promoting to another persons list (I have a ton of affiliates which I believe technically also counts as a JV?) I get quite a bit of JV offers myself but always ignore them because they don't seem to offer anything of value to me.

    When starting out in a new niche, I find it difficult to offer anything of value. They most likely want to be promoted to my list as well, but if I'm starting in a new market I obviously don't have a list yet. Catch 22.

    Any decent products or information on JVs floating around?

    Cheers,
    Matt
    Signature
    https://edabit.com :: Learn to code with interactive challenges.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2642638].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Eric Louviere
      Originally Posted by Matt MacPherson View Post

      Well, I've got two things going for me: I LOVE learning copy (I would do it for free if I had to) and I love to split test.

      I also have my own products, which is something else I believe "million dollar marketers" have in common.

      The only thing I'm completely oblivious to is JVs. And by JVs I mean promoting to another persons list (I have a ton of affiliates which I believe technically also counts as a JV?) I get quite a bit of JV offers myself but always ignore them because they don't seem to offer anything of value to me.

      When starting out in a new niche, I find it difficult to offer anything of value. They most likely want to be promoted to my list as well, but if I'm starting in a new market I obviously don't have a list yet. Catch 22.

      Any decent products or information on JVs floating around?

      Cheers,
      Matt
      You got products
      You got copy

      you got it going on doode

      JV affiliates is what I mean... getting folks to promote YOUR STUFF to their customers. Think about it... you run some paid advertising on Google SuckWords... and you pay $1 per click. Are they buyers? Are they customers? Have they proven they are willing to pay for products like yours? NO, they are prospects ONLY and you're paying for them

      nothing wrong with that... BUT

      with jv affliates... they are promoting YOUR Stuff to their "customers" and are recommending YOUR Stuff. Better than PPC? damnnnnnnn right!

      direct mail can be better than PPC because you know why? because you can rent a list of CUSTOMERS who have already spent money on similar products.

      However, JV affiliates are still better.

      Better than articles?

      note to self [Eric, dont go there man... dont do it again... this is da warrior forum you are posting on... dont try it dude... article marketing rocks here]

      no comment

      And yes, million dollar marketers have their own Product(s) plural

      -----------------------Eric
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2642702].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Robert Puddy
        Originally Posted by Eric Louviere View Post

        You got products
        You got copy

        you got it going on doode

        JV affiliates is what I mean... getting folks to promote YOUR STUFF to their customers. Think about it... you run some paid advertising on Google SuckWords... and you pay $1 per click. Are they buyers? Are they customers? Have they proven they are willing to pay for products like yours? NO, they are prospects ONLY and you're paying for them

        nothing wrong with that... BUT

        with jv affliates... they are promoting YOUR Stuff to their "customers" and are recommending YOUR Stuff. Better than PPC? damnnnnnnn right!

        direct mail can be better than PPC because you know why? because you can rent a list of CUSTOMERS who have already spent money on similar products.

        However, JV affiliates are still better.

        Better than articles?

        note to self [Eric, dont go there man... dont do it again... this is da warrior forum you are posting on... dont try it dude... article marketing rocks here]

        no comment

        And yes, million dollar marketers have their own Product(s) plural

        -----------------------Eric

        Conversions are the key...

        You can suck at creating products

        and really suck at getting traffic

        But If your site converts everyone and his dog will fall over themselves to send their traffic to you.


        Funny i saw this thread just creating a power point and this is one of the slides

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2642884].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Rob Howard
      Matt, while Eric was also meaning affiliates, you can get a list pretty quick by doing Solo Ad's.

      You can buy these in about any niche if you look hard enough.

      A single solo ad could get you hundreds or thousands on a list pretty fast and then you have the leverage for larger JV's.

      Also, let me point out, you don't need a list though - Keith and I started with a product, proved it converted, then contacted a few people.

      They liked the product and the fact it converted so well - they instantly jumped to promote.

      Since you got the conversions down, the rest will follow!

      Rob

      Originally Posted by Matt MacPherson View Post

      Well, I've got two things going for me: I LOVE learning copy (I would do it for free if I had to) and I love to split test.

      I also have my own products, which is something else I believe "million dollar marketers" have in common.

      The only thing I'm completely oblivious to is JVs. And by JVs I mean promoting to another persons list (I have a ton of affiliates which I believe technically also counts as a JV?) I get quite a bit of JV offers myself but always ignore them because they don't seem to offer anything of value to me.

      When starting out in a new niche, I find it difficult to offer anything of value. They most likely want to be promoted to my list as well, but if I'm starting in a new market I obviously don't have a list yet. Catch 22.

      Any decent products or information on JVs floating around?

      Cheers,
      Matt
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2642930].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ryanbiddulph
    Hi Eric,

    Most ignore these routes, which is why they are the "Most"s.

    RB
    Signature
    Ryan Biddulph inspires you to be a successful blogger with his courses, 100 plus eBooks, audio books and blog at Blogging From Paradise
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2642653].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Michael Oksa
    Sounds great, Eric!

    Let's talk.



    All the best,
    Michael

    p.s. You're absolutely correct, by the way.
    Signature

    "Ich bin en fuego!"
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2642715].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Ron Douglas
    Anyone know any million dollar affiliates or article marketers with no products of their own?

    How about millionaire offline niche marketers?

    I agree with you btw, joint ventures are the way to go and having offers that converts makes it all possible. Good discussion.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2642719].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author petelta
    Totally right Eric. Mega successful people all seem to understand the two principles behind what you're talking about...using other people power and testing/tracking results.
    Signature
    TEESPRING Student Rakes In Over $116k In Less Than 3 Months
    Niche Pro Profits - How I raked in OVER $120k in 9 months with authority niche sites...

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2642736].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author George Sepich
    Originally Posted by Eric Louviere View Post



    why has thou forsaken me?

    Hi Eric, great overall post. Hope you can attend my Friday Fish Fry tonight so we can learn more. We will let you walk on water, do the fish and wine deal, Maybe perform a marketing miracle or two. Hope to see you there

    George
    Signature

    Need Help? GeorgeSepich.com Digital Marketing Solutions From George Sepich.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2643032].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Eric Louviere
      Originally Posted by George Sepich View Post

      Hi Eric, great overall post. Hope you can attend my Friday Fish Fry tonight so we can learn more. We will let you walk on water, do the fish and wine deal, Maybe perform a marketing miracle or two. Hope to see you there

      George
      "God forgive him for he does not know"

      I'll turn all your sewage water into fine wine - on many levels.

      Was that Ron "da man" Douglas posting on my thread? I knew it was a good day when i woke up and our housekeeper was cleaning up the mess me and my son made last night in the kitchen - before my wife ever noticed. Now a Ron sighting.

      I'm good at a lot of things (turning water into wine being one of them) but I suck royally at cooking! lol

      Eric
      PS - My name is Mr. Puddy and I do slides that teach stuff from across the pond. Puddy, Puddy, Puddy.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2643113].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Robert Puddy
        Originally Posted by Eric Louviere View Post

        "God forgive him for he does not know"

        I'll turn all your sewage water into fine wine - on many levels.

        Was that Ron "da man" Douglas posting on my thread? I knew it was a good day when i woke up and our housekeeper was cleaning up the mess me and my son made last night in the kitchen - before my wife ever noticed. Now a Ron sighting.

        I'm good at a lot of things (turning water into wine being one of them) but I suck royally at cooking! lol

        Eric
        PS - My name is Mr. Puddy and I do slides that teach stuff from across the pond. Puddy, Puddy, Puddy.
        your sliding across the pond?

        You having a bad summer there in texas
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2643142].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Kevin Riley
          Hey Louviere. Finally trade up from your old place?

          Signature
          Kevin Riley, Kevin Riley Publishing, Osaka, Japan


          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2643232].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author Jason Fladlien
            haha I still remember you post Eric on the old forum about article marketing - amen to that!

            My business is one pace to hit a million dollars this year and 85% of my traffic is from affiliates/joint ventures. In fact I'm doing a webinar in a few minutes for two of my joint venture partners...
            Signature

            Co-creator of WP Twin. Perhaps the most expensive yet most reliable wordress cloning tool on the market. We've definitely been used more successfully than all other options :)

            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2643258].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author Eric Louviere
              Originally Posted by Jason Fladlien View Post

              haha I still remember you post Eric on the old forum about article marketing - amen to that!

              My business is one pace to hit a million dollars this year and 85% of my traffic is from affiliates/joint ventures. In fact I'm doing a webinar in a few minutes for two of my joint venture partners...
              I got something big. I mean huge. I mean, if you dont get in touch with me and promote this thing to your peeps when it launches I'll personally find you in Iowa or wherever you live now and will hunt you down and scalp you and sell your scalp on ebay, guaranteed!

              I mean huge as in like as huge as huge can be. It's got your name all over it. (and anyone else who has a list too). yeah, I'm talking to you JF. I'll make you famous. Mike Tyson type fame that never dies. Bud, you cannot deny the persuasion, hypnosis powers of Master Louviere.

              LADIES LOVE ME, GIRLS ADORE ME
              I mean even the ones who never saw me
              Like the way that I rhyme at a show
              The reason why, man, I don't know

              E-bee-bop-stud
              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2643300].message }}
              • Profile picture of the author tpw
                If this were posted by anyone else, I would have asked how many millionaires you know...

                But because you posted it, I don't have to ask... I know you know them... LOL
                Signature
                Bill Platt, Oklahoma USA, PlattPublishing.com
                Publish Coloring Books for Profit (WSOTD 7-30-2015)
                {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2643311].message }}
                • Profile picture of the author Eric Louviere
                  Originally Posted by tpw View Post

                  If this were posted by anyone else, I would have asked how many millionaires you know...

                  But because you posted it, I don't have to ask... I know you know them... LOL
                  I know you man. I know you. I see you. We talkin' eye to eye Bill. You complete me. I dig articles by the way... I just like getting people charged up... it's just the way I was raised in the deep south man. Got to pick on folks. If not this all gets boring ya know?

                  Besides, you from Oklahoma... you get the south. You understand us folks down here in Tejas. I could talk to you in hick and you'd get it.

                  ~Uncle Daddy
                  {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2643349].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author Eric Louviere
            Originally Posted by Kevin Riley View Post

            Hey Louviere. Finally trade up from your old place?

            dude... as long as that truck-house has Internet access and an LED TV to watch college football games on... I'd be happy with even that. And, any friends who came over to visit would be REAL friends.

            lol
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2643333].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author DogScout
            Originally Posted by Kevin Riley View Post

            Hey Louviere. Finally trade up from your old place?

            God! I want that house! If you need wi-fi, just park next to Caribou Coffee for the night.

            On topic, ever refresh Adword pages? 99% of them do NOT even A/B test. Some times I am amazed we are not still living in grass huts. (Which other than not being mobile, is almost as good as Eric's house).
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2653742].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author robertjcook
    I know an affiliate marketer who makes 7 figures a month. He doesn't sell his or make his own products.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2643804].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author CDarklock
    Originally Posted by Eric Louviere View Post

    is into striking joint ventures

    is into copywriting & conversions
    At least I'm into the right things.

    Here's another thing: always be aware of your story.

    Don't contrive it or try to force anything; just make your decisions in full awareness of how, sometime down the road, you will have to tell a room full of people what you did and how you got here.

    Whenever you're having trouble making a decision, think about what decision you want to tell that room you made.

    Brian McLeod once told me I should be charging four figures a sales letter. At the time, I had written five sales letters; two for myself, two free for friends, and one for a client at $300. I got a request for a quote, and my gut said "you're still green, quote $500." But I thought about my story. I thought "do I want to tell people that I pussed out and only asked for $500 when Brian McLeod has advised me to ask for four figures?" - and I quoted the guy $2,500.

    That's a much better story than quoting $500. Even if I did ultimately get stiffed on the fee and wind up in serious financial trouble, because hey, cool story bro. The major difficulty lasted about three months. The story, on the other hand, is forever.

    Always be building your legend. That's what will make you legen...

    ...wait for it...

    ...dary.

    Signature
    "The Golden Town is the Golden Town no longer. They have sold their pillars for brass and their temples for money, they have made coins out of their golden doors. It is become a dark town full of trouble, there is no ease in its streets, beauty has left it and the old songs are gone." - Lord Dunsany, The Messengers
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2650573].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author discrat
    Originally Posted by Eric Louviere View Post

    is into striking joint ventures

    is into copywriting & conversions

    +++

    Joint Ventures:

    You can spend $1,000,000 on paid traffic to get tons and tons of targeted traffic, or you can strike JV's. You can spend years and years on SEO, or you can strike JV's.

    JV's are "recommended" traffic too... coming from people who have a following of sorts.

    six and seven figure launches are mostly from JV launches... not paid traffic or SEO launches.

    Maybe I have this all wrong because I am not an expert on JVs but when you JV with someone doesnt usually one of the people in the JV have to have a database of traffic and/or subscribers ?? And where do they get his database of traffic and subscribers ?? Usually from PPC and SEO...........

    Am I off mark on this ?? Isnt it all this stuff inter-related ? Shoot I can go JV with 5,000 people but if there has not been an effort by anyone in the JV to work on developing traffic and building a List using SEO, PPC, Article Marketing, or social networking then what heck is the JV good for ??
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2650614].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author CDarklock
      Originally Posted by discrat View Post

      when you JV with someone doesnt usually one of the people in the JV have to have a database of traffic and/or subscribers ??
      Nope. You can JV with someone who has nothing. Then one of you goes out and does half the work - getting the offer together - while the other does the other half, getting the traffic and subscribers.

      Both of you get to put 100% of your effort on your half, and you'll get significantly better results than if either of you tried to do both at once.
      Signature
      "The Golden Town is the Golden Town no longer. They have sold their pillars for brass and their temples for money, they have made coins out of their golden doors. It is become a dark town full of trouble, there is no ease in its streets, beauty has left it and the old songs are gone." - Lord Dunsany, The Messengers
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2650645].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author discrat
        Originally Posted by CDarklock View Post

        Nope. You can JV with someone who has nothing. Then one of you goes out and does half the work - getting the offer together - while the other does the other half, getting the traffic and subscribers.

        Both of you get to put 100% of your effort on your half, and you'll get significantly better results than if either of you tried to do both at once.

        I think you are missing my whole point here. The fact is someone in the JV has to go out and do the SEO, PPC, Social Networking etc...etc.. to get traffic/Subscribers .Whether that be already established or not. So this in of itself is as important as the JV which seems to refute or conflict with what the original was saying !!
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2650731].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author CDarklock
          Originally Posted by discrat View Post

          I think you are missing my whole point here. The fact is someone has to go out and do the SEO, PPC, Social Networking etc...etc.. to get traffic.
          JVs don't actually reduce work. They produce better results from the same work.

          The marketer who is doing PPC and SEO and social networking and creating an offer will not build as large an audience, because he will at some point have to stop audience-building to work on his offer.

          So if someone else creates the offer, he can spend all his time building the audience, and when the offer is ready the audience is larger.

          Similarly, the person creating the offer can do a better job because he doesn't need to build an audience. That's his partner's job.

          Even if both partners work on both aspects of the JV, each one building the audience and creating the offer, the two of them together will build a larger audience and a better offer than either one of them alone.
          Signature
          "The Golden Town is the Golden Town no longer. They have sold their pillars for brass and their temples for money, they have made coins out of their golden doors. It is become a dark town full of trouble, there is no ease in its streets, beauty has left it and the old songs are gone." - Lord Dunsany, The Messengers
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2650759].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Ron Douglas
          Originally Posted by discrat View Post

          I think you are missing my whole point here. The fact is someone in the JV has to go out and do the SEO, PPC, Social Networking etc...etc.. to get traffic/Subscribers .Whether that be already established or not. So this in of itself is as important as the JV which seems to refute or conflict with what the original was saying !!
          Maybe I can clarify the point he's making with an example:

          Assume you have 10 established marketers who each have their own email lists, blogs, products, affiliate program with affiliates sending traffic, social network followers etc.

          Each one of them can generate 5,000 clicks on their own for any given promotion. At a 3% conversion, that results in 150 sales. Working individually, their reach is limited to that.

          One of the marketers gets smart and says - if I can get those other 9 marketers to JV with me, then I can get 50,000 clicks (1,500 sales) for my promotion instead of just 5,000 clicks (150 sales).

          Granted he splits 50% with the JV partners, but the increase in exposure for his product results in a huge increase in revenue.

          Let's compare it assuming a $200 product with a $100 payout after affiliate commissions.

          Doing it on your own: 150 sales x $200 = $30,000
          Getting joint ventures and paying out 50%: 1,500 sales X $100 = $150,000

          You can quickly see the power in numbers by opening the market up and doing joint ventures.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2650769].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author Maddi
            Originally Posted by Ron Douglas View Post

            Maybe I can clarify the point he's making with an example:

            Assume you have 10 established marketers who each have their own email lists, blogs, products, affiliate program with affiliates sending traffic, social network followers etc.

            Each one of them can generate 5,000 clicks on their own for any given promotion. At a 3% conversion, that results in 150 sales. Working individually, their reach is limited to that.

            One of the marketers gets smart and says - if I can get those other 9 marketers to JV with me, then I can get 50,000 clicks (1,500 sales) for my promotion instead of just 5,000 clicks (150 sales).

            Granted he splits 50% with the JV partners, but the increase in exposure for his product results in a huge increase in revenue.

            Let's compare it assuming a $200 product with a $100 payout after affiliate commissions.

            Doing it on your own: 150 sales x $200 = $30,000
            Getting joint ventures and paying out 50%: 1,500 sales X $100 = $150,000

            You can quickly see the power in numbers by opening the market up and doing joint ventures.
            Ron, one word, Syndicate!


            Seriously, that is the key behind pulling in huge numbers. Glad we've got people live yourself and Stud in the forum. I seriously envy some cool thread starters at times

            Maddi
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2650811].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author CDarklock
            Originally Posted by Ron Douglas View Post

            Assume you have 10 established marketers who each have their own email lists, blogs, products, affiliate program with affiliates sending traffic, social network followers etc.
            I think his concern is that being new, he won't be able to get established marketers to promote his offer.

            Honestly, it's stairsteps. You get the biggest names you can get. If you can't get any big names at all, hey, anything is better than nothing. If you get someone with 25 people on his list to email them, and it only gets you one more sale, hey - one more sale!

            Later, when he has 50 people on his list, you can probably JV with him again and get two more sales. Similarly, when he's out there talking to other marketers and tells someone with a 500 member list that he did a JV with you that converted at 4% - the guy with the bigger list might email you and want to JV. And there's twenty more sales.

            You work your way up. At first, you're JVing with little guys that have small lists... but over time, little guys grow into big guys and small lists grow into big lists.

            Think of it this way. If you do ten JVs with brand new marketers every month, in a year's time you'll have done over a hundred JVs, and if that 97% failure rate is accurate you'll know three or four successful internet marketers with big lists who have done a JV with you in the past. They, in turn, will know other successful marketers. And as you trace the chain, you'll get to the big names with massive lists in no time at all.

            So there's no reason you couldn't be doing JVs with the big names in two years, even if you're a complete nobody.
            Signature
            "The Golden Town is the Golden Town no longer. They have sold their pillars for brass and their temples for money, they have made coins out of their golden doors. It is become a dark town full of trouble, there is no ease in its streets, beauty has left it and the old songs are gone." - Lord Dunsany, The Messengers
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2650829].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author owenlee
      Hi,

      What if the product is PLR(assuming the PLR is from top marketers)..i dont think others with do a JV with u right?unless u edit part of the product..
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2650655].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author CDarklock
        Originally Posted by owenlee View Post

        What if the product is PLR(assuming the PLR is from top marketers)..i dont think others with do a JV with u right?
        Why wouldn't they?

        I mean, if you have a quality product, they'll make money promoting it.

        Of course, if your product is crap, nobody will want to promote it... but you knew that already.
        Signature
        "The Golden Town is the Golden Town no longer. They have sold their pillars for brass and their temples for money, they have made coins out of their golden doors. It is become a dark town full of trouble, there is no ease in its streets, beauty has left it and the old songs are gone." - Lord Dunsany, The Messengers
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2650733].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author alanmoore78
    I think the best way I can word this is do you want part of something or all of nothing?

    Going in to a big project with others has its hassles but if the best of each comes through then there is nothing stopping a launch with lots of commas and zeroes in it.

    Originally Posted by Kevin Riley View Post

    Hey Louviere. Finally trade up from your old place?
    I am not joking. There is a truck EXACTLY like that about 3 miles south of here. I already asked. He won't sell it. It doesn't have all the kitch on the sides but there sure is a porch on the back and an AC unit in the window nearest the cab. Runs, too. Maybe I should build my own and watch while my parents disown me and my wife runs away with the kids...

    *checks craigslist for a good used 2-ton grain truck and an old shack in need of moving off someone's property*
    Signature

    Alan Moore | Wichita Falls, TX

    "Blood is thicker than water, but money is thicker than blood!" - Boss Hogg

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2650728].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Amy Wu
    It is a great post.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2651067].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author activetrader
    Originally Posted by Eric Louviere View Post

    is into striking joint ventures
    Here is the truth - if you want to participate in big launches and have others promote your stuff to their lists you must have your own list to trade.

    When someone approaches me to pitch their product the first thing i ask them - how big is your list?

    I am not interested in affiliate commission I may potentially make on their product, but I may be interested in lead exchange.
    Signature

    Me

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2651164].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author CDarklock
      Originally Posted by activetrader View Post

      Here is the truth - if you want to participate in big launches and have others promote your stuff to their lists you must have your own list to trade.
      I disagree.

      There must be something in it for your partner, and your partner must want that.

      What you're saying here is that all you care about in a JV is whether you get to grow your list some more, and that's fine.

      Other people are all about the commission. Again, that's fine.

      A lot of other people, however - including me - are primarily concerned with whether this offer is good for their list.

      I've done promotions for people without a dime in commission or a single lead, because the offer was good for my list members. That hasn't made me a lot of money or gotten me a big list, but it sure as hell gets my list members' stamp of approval.
      Signature
      "The Golden Town is the Golden Town no longer. They have sold their pillars for brass and their temples for money, they have made coins out of their golden doors. It is become a dark town full of trouble, there is no ease in its streets, beauty has left it and the old songs are gone." - Lord Dunsany, The Messengers
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2651193].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Eric Louviere
        It's all about leverage and assets in business... especially this business.

        You should start where you are right now, and utilize any assets or leverage you currently have. If you don't have any assets or leverage in your marketplace or as a marketer, then you need to get you some.

        How you utilize and handle your assets will dictate how much success (profits/cash flow/toys) you generate. In other words, if you have a list, then you have an asset. However, if you do not utilize your list properly, then it is a wasted asset that's not generating you any profits or cash flow.

        It's all how you build, grow and manage assets/leverage -- in business.

        [strike whining voice] But. But. But... I don't have a list and in order to get a list, you have to A) be a guru or B) already have a list or C) spend money on Google SuckWords or D) be a really bad person who sells stuff to people. evil. evil. evil.

        Yeah, it's amazing really that some people pick the profession of "internet marketing" but hate sales. Go figure.

        Anyway,

        What was I sayin? Prolly something magical but I forgot.

        Oh yeah,

        But you don't have a list or any assets to start with, right?

        Then, start with one. Build one asset (sort of like CD is saying here in this thread to work yourself up)... I used copywriting to build assets, then took my new acquired assets (list, products, contacts, etc) and built even more assets. And, now I'm just cool.

        Therefore, to be cool too, build and utilize your assets better.

        ------------------------- Eric Louviere
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2653666].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author winsonlim
    Hi Eric,
    That's right Jvs is the way my mentor taught me to make 6-7 figures.

    My mentor taught me to build my own list first using adswaps and solo ads till I have a list of 20k subs.

    When I create my own product and do a product launch, I would have enough ammunition power to help back my Jv partners when they helped me do a product launch to their list.

    It is accepting a favor and returning a favor - a principle of reciprocity.

    Once I learnt that principle, I put it into practice and working on my way to 6 figures.

    You rocks Eric!

    Winson
    Signature

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2651180].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author iSoftware
    There are alot of people with untapped customer/subscriber databases OUTSIDE the IM Niche.

    Any of these people would be happy to have someone with the skills and expertise better monetize their list.If all they have do is hit "send" and they get 100% of a 50% commission they never would have before....heck they love it!

    Just cruise the first pages of googles in any non-IM niche for the sites in the top positions. Contact them (especially those that a) you see have a list signup box or b) you see have only adsense).

    If they don't have a list - fine. Just put a pop up or an an exit pop. Once again, outside of the IM niche none of these techniques are used.....

    Same with people with thousands in their Linkedin groups.....

    Same with people with thousands of Facebook or Twitter followers.....

    Better yet, hang out at the aweber Blog or GetResponse forum and meet other list owners OUTSIDE of IM....

    There's you $497 JV course right there
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2655965].message }}

Trending Topics