11 replies
I'm realizing that some PLR products are selling at different price points...that could make angry to some customers who bought the product at a higher price because they had been promised that they were getting the best offer....

Also is it really possible to change the sales page of a PLR product?

If so, then the same customer might buy the same product 2 or 3 times but wasnt aware because the sales page looked totally different...

By the way, It seems that is very important to make sure that you buy legit PLR because if you sell that product and make profits from that and results that the person/website that sold you the PLR didnt really have the rights you might get also in some legal trouble...

So how do I make sure that the seller really has the right to sell PLR to that product...is there a way to verify that before purchasing?

(Thanks and apologize for my english
#label #private #rights
  • Profile picture of the author Loren Woirhaye
    Originally Posted by secrets2010 View Post

    I'm realizing that some PLR products are selling at different price points...that could make angry to some customers who bought the product at a higher price because they had been promised that they were getting the best offer....
    Then don't make that promise.

    Also is it really possible to change the sales page of a PLR product?
    Absolutely. Yes.

    If so, then the same customer might buy the same product 2 or 3 times but wasnt aware because the sales page looked totally different...
    True. But unlikely.

    By the way, It seems that is very important to make sure that you buy legit PLR because if you sell that product and make profits from that and results that the person/website that sold you the PLR didnt really have the rights you might get also in some legal trouble...

    So how do I make sure that the seller really has the right to sell PLR to that product...is there a way to verify that before purchasing?
    It's good that you're concerned about this - but I cannot offer you
    a good answer. The best PLR often comes from the people who made
    it - so if you buy from the original creators you're good.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2652546].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author secrets2010
      And why some marketers sell PLR to their product for just $27 or even less? some websites offer PLR for free...

      I can understand if they have affiliates link on the content....but many marketers let you edit the content / product...
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2652582].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Sheryl Polomka
        Originally Posted by secrets2010 View Post

        And why some marketers sell PLR to their product for just $27 or even less? some websites offer PLR for free...

        I can understand if they have affiliates link on the content....but many marketers let you edit the content / product...
        You will find that free PLR is usually of poor quality. You get what you pay for and if you want good quality PLR then it does cost a little more.

        There are a lot of free PLR available, but chances are that you are buying very bad quality and also you will probably find thousands of the same article or ebook all over the internet.
        Signature
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2652597].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Peggy Baron
          Originally Posted by Sheryl Polomka View Post

          You will find that free PLR is usually of poor quality. You get what you pay for and if you want good quality PLR then it does cost a little more.
          Sheryl, I would totally agree with you about the quality of PLR when it involves a huge package of free PLR, such as "10,000 Free PLR!"

          But it is also a common tactic for high-quality PLR writers to give away a free package of 5-10 articles in exchange for an email addie in order to grow their list of people to sell their PLR to when they've written a fresh batch.

          Peggy
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2653789].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author CDarklock
        Originally Posted by secrets2010 View Post

        And why some marketers sell PLR to their product for just $27 or even less?
        Some people don't want to build credibility in other niches. They have a reputation in the IM community, but building one in (say) dog training or forex is a whole different thing.

        So instead, they sell PLR to a dog training or forex product, and their credibility in the IM community allows them to sell it to people who already have - or can quickly develop - credibility in this other niche.
        Signature
        "The Golden Town is the Golden Town no longer. They have sold their pillars for brass and their temples for money, they have made coins out of their golden doors. It is become a dark town full of trouble, there is no ease in its streets, beauty has left it and the old songs are gone." - Lord Dunsany, The Messengers
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2652792].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author EndGame
    Hi Secrets2010.

    Your English is better than some English people I know in real life, so no worries there my friend. :-)

    I don't have a good suggestion of how to verify whether the seller has the legal right to give you master-resale rights to the content he is selling. Maybe another Warrior can chip in here and help you with that?

    I think I can help with the first part of the question.

    When buying and using PLR, it is often good practice to make it unique or add your own personal twist to it. So for example, if you bought some PLR ebooks or written content, you could re-format/make it new by turning that written content into videos or audio files.

    If English is not your first language, creating videos or audio files maybe tough unless you pay some one else to do it.

    You could also re-write the content and add some different graphics etc. You can change the feel and content of the product substantially by simply injecting a bit of your own personality into it. Again, this might be difficult if you struggle with English and the product is in English. If you have the funds, it maybe a good idea to pay some one else to do this for you.

    Selling the content without altering it is the faster and easier way of doing things. However, you are more at risk of one of your customers buying the same product twice.

    At the same time, the Internet is a big place, and the odds of this happening are fairly low. It's certainly not a problem that would stop me selling it. If some one complained, I'd apologize, explain the circumstances, give them a refund and a free product to say sorry for the confusion.
    Signature
    "Better a student of reality than a master of illusion"
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2652577].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author secrets2010
      Originally Posted by EndGame View Post

      Hi Secrets2010.

      Your English is better than some English people I know in real life, so no worries there my friend. :-)

      I don't have a good suggestion of how to verify whether the seller has the legal right to give you master-resale rights to the content he is selling. Maybe another Warrior can chip in here and help you with that?

      I think I can help with the first part of the question.

      When buying and using PLR, it is often good practice to make it unique or add your own personal twist to it. So for example, if you bought some PLR ebooks or written content, you could re-format/make it new by turning that written content into videos or audio files.

      If English is not your first language, creating videos or audio files maybe tough unless you pay some one else to do it.

      You could also re-write the content and add some different graphics etc. You can change the feel and content of the product substantially by simply injecting a bit of your own personality into it. Again, this might be difficult if you struggle with English and the product is in English. If you have the funds, it maybe a good idea to pay some one else to do this for you.

      Selling the content without altering it is the faster and easier way of doing things. However, you are more at risk of one of your customers buying the same product twice.

      At the same time, the Internet is a big place, and the odds of this happening are fairly low. It's certainly not a problem that would stop me selling it. If some one complained, I'd apologize, explain the circumstances, give them a refund and a free product to say sorry for the confusion.

      So if I edit the product shall I use another title/name for the product?
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2652614].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Sheryl Polomka
        Originally Posted by secrets2010 View Post

        So if I edit the product shall I use another title/name for the product?
        Yes if you are changing the product enough to make it unique. If you aren't changing it much but you change the name and graphics, then people might buy it because it looks different and has a different name, not realizing that they have already bought it before.

        So yes it is worthwhile changing the name, but only if it is a new product that you have made unique.

        Just my 2 cents
        Signature
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2652633].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author ccd
      All PLR producers that I know of allow you to change the PLR that you purchase. In fact, it's a good idea to do so.

      Most also don't permit the reselling of their product as PLR. So if someone is violating that term, and reselling PLR to you as PLR, I would think any legal ramifications would be on them, not you.

      Not really sure how you could verify that a seller has a right to sell a given PLR product. If they've been around awhile, they've probably developed a reputation -- positive or negative.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2652635].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author EndGame
    I would agree with sheryl. If you are altering and changing the content, go ahead and change the title/style of the product.

    Essentially what you are doing is simply "re-branding" the product, and it's something that is done in business on a very regular basis. So now problems in doing that whatsoever.
    Signature
    "Better a student of reality than a master of illusion"
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2652752].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author jacktackett
    What you can and can not do with PLR should be spelled out in the license agreement you get with the material. It can be as simple as a list of can/can not do statements in the sales page or email - up to a full blown contract. If you get nothing with the plr then you should get confirmation of your rights with the seller.

    good luck,
    --Jack
    Signature
    Let's get Tim the kidney he needs!HELP Tim
    Mega Monster WSO for KimW http://ow.ly/4JdHm


    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2653302].message }}

Trending Topics