3 Free Traffic Methods I Use Everyday

45 replies
Hi Warriors,

If you are looking to get consistent traffic daily but don't want to overwhelm yourself then check out these 3 traffic methods i use everyday to receive a ton of free traffic. Sure you won't get tons of it overnight but if done everyday you'll start to see an increase. This is for people who are struggling to get consistent daily traffic.

1. Forums (target your niche, add your sig file, and contribute to the forum)
2. Yahoo Answers ( ask questions within your niche, answer questions leaving your website for reference)
3. Videos (TubeMogul or TrafficGeyser) Create 1-3 videos a week and submit with these services.

Simple traffic generation you've probably heard of before but very effective. Take action and use them.
#everyday #free #methods #traffic
  • Profile picture of the author parker-b
    thinks man !!!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2656857].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Toby Lewis
    None of that works...




    Unless you take action Videos wont bring you traffic unless you put videos out there. Forum signatures wont bring you traffic unless you post!

    Stop reading this and get a move on!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2656872].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Gino Robin
      Hi
      To get a good amount of visitors to your site ...Yes you must take action,
      You must not use one strategy,Use alot of strategies..and work out which one ....makes a profit on your website....

      Be unique.........You can also ..develop methods to get ...off line traffic,flyers etc.......Be creative and work it with your passion,what you,like

      Thanks
      Gino
      Signature
      Frustrated? Free Guide to Make Money Here..Thanks

      Download
      Free E-Book Make Money with Free Products Here


      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2656901].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author DavidMaddux
      Great Stuff!

      Thanks for sharing Stefan, and thanks for the reminder Toby!

      There's an old expression that comes to mind: "The harder you work, the luckier you get!"

      Best wishes.


      Originally Posted by stefanjames View Post

      Hi Warriors,

      If you are looking to get consistent traffic daily but don't want to overwhelm yourself then check out these 3 traffic methods i use everyday to receive a ton of free traffic. Sure you won't get tons of it overnight but if done everyday you'll start to see an increase. This is for people who are struggling to get consistent daily traffic.

      1. Forums (target your niche, add your sig file, and contribute to the forum)
      2. Yahoo Answers ( ask questions within your niche, answer questions leaving your website for reference)
      3. Videos (TubeMogul or TrafficGeyser) Create 1-3 videos a week and submit with these services.

      Simple traffic generation you've probably heard of before but very effective. Take action and use them.
      Originally Posted by Toby Lewis View Post

      None of that works...

      Unless you take action Videos wont bring you traffic unless you put videos out there. Forum signatures wont bring you traffic unless you post!

      Stop reading this and get a move on!
      Signature
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2656903].message }}
    • {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2660416].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author stefanjames
      Originally Posted by Toby Lewis View Post

      None of that works...




      Unless you take action Videos wont bring you traffic unless you put videos out there. Forum signatures wont bring you traffic unless you post!

      Stop reading this and get a move on!
      hahaha exactly dude!
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2661156].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author le dangles
    How do you get videos to put up on youtube? Do you just make your own or do you get them from other websites and upload them to youtube or what?

    Also what do you use to get your youtube visitors to come to your website? I heard putting water markings of the URL works but I haven't really fully understood how youtube marketing works.

    Your insights on this would be appreciated!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2657948].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author smutziger
      All are great sources...you have to DO them though. Most people dont want to hear that they need to go to forums and post. They want sexy.

      Stick to the basics and success comes.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2657985].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Pradeep Bhagwat
        I think this is the short and weet plan to get visitors. Trying to many methods can make your head hang!

        - Pradeep
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2658039].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Bill_Z
      Originally Posted by le dangles View Post

      How do you get videos to put up on youtube? Do you just make your own or do you get them from other websites and upload them to youtube or what?

      Also what do you use to get your youtube visitors to come to your website? I heard putting water markings of the URL works but I haven't really fully understood how youtube marketing works.

      Your insights on this would be appreciated!
      Easiest way - have your articles converted into videos. Just write an article, then convert it to power point. There are a bunch of different designs you can do (bullet points, full sentences, no images, images etc), don't overthink it and just pick one way to do it. You can always adjust later. Pick up a free trial of camtasia and you can make a video out of your powerpoint.

      Or you could use camtasia, or any other video software, like windows movie maker, and just make a vid by entering your text, images, and effects as per what is capable from the software. Use your article as a reference and just add stuff.

      If you use PP you can put your URL on each slide, or if you use camtasia you can put a watermark on the video. End the video with a call to action with your URL, and also add a call to action and your URL in the description of the video. Hope this helps.

      Bill
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2659122].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author DNChamp
        Originally Posted by Bill_Z View Post

        Easiest way - have your articles converted into videos. Just write an article, then convert it to power point. There are a bunch of different designs you can do (bullet points, full sentences, no images, images etc), don't overthink it and just pick one way to do it. You can always adjust later. Pick up a free trial of camtasia and you can make a video out of your powerpoint.

        Or you could use camtasia, or any other video software, like windows movie maker, and just make a vid by entering your text, images, and effects as per what is capable from the software. Use your article as a reference and just add stuff.

        If you use PP you can put your URL on each slide, or if you use camtasia you can put a watermark on the video. End the video with a call to action with your URL, and also add a call to action and your URL in the description of the video. Hope this helps.

        Bill
        I have a done a article to video before but how would you market it? Just upload it to you tube and other places just like a reg video? I upload music videos (copyright free) but not sure how I would market an article to video...
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2659218].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author stefanjames
      Originally Posted by le dangles View Post

      How do you get videos to put up on youtube? Do you just make your own or do you get them from other websites and upload them to youtube or what?

      Also what do you use to get your youtube visitors to come to your website? I heard putting water markings of the URL works but I haven't really fully understood how youtube marketing works.

      Your insights on this would be appreciated!

      Yeah I'll make my own or just get my employee to do them. Basically all I do is create a PowerPoint slide, record over the slide, and read what's on it and shout out a link to my website.

      Using TubeMogul 100% free lets you upload that one video to over 30 video sharing sites.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2661183].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author WebOrigo
    I will try the Yahoo Answers method, thanks for sharing!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2658191].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author petevamp
    Originally Posted by stefanjames View Post

    Hi Warriors,

    If you are looking to get consistent traffic daily but don't want to overwhelm yourself then check out these 3 traffic methods i use everyday to receive a ton of free traffic. Sure you won't get tons of it overnight but if done everyday you'll start to see an increase. This is for people who are struggling to get consistent daily traffic.

    1. Forums (target your niche, add your sig file, and contribute to the forum)
    2. Yahoo Answers ( ask questions within your niche, answer questions leaving your website for reference)
    3. Videos (TubeMogul or TrafficGeyser) Create 1-3 videos a week and submit with these services.

    Simple traffic generation you've probably heard of before but very effective. Take action and use them.
    I am curious as to how you are using yahoo answers. For every time i have tried using it my spoof accounts get blocked from using the service. Which forces me to create another yahoo account and start over.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2658223].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Trieu
    I tried yahoo answers before, though from my experience it was very easy for me to get banned.
    Signature

    ======================================
    "$100 On eBay with just 10 Minutes Work! {120+ copies SOLD}"

    ======================================
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2659084].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author DNChamp
    Videos I do but get lazy..i try to do 3 every thursday sending one to you tube and the rest via tube mogol.....but when you have your hands in so many pots its gets crazy!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2659107].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author DianeBrandt
    You got it!
    Signature
    Kooday - Earn Cash With Kooday!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2660432].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author forfun_cash
    Why don't i see anyone hit the thanks button for op!? Haha
    Signature
    WSO: I PROMISE/GUARANTEE you that this will be the LAST WSO you will ever need to purchase!

    Here's the thing. The above may seem too good to be true but all I can say is there isn't even 1% hype or BS in the above sentence. This WILL BE YOUR LAST WSO to purchase.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2660563].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author paulie888
    All of the above are very valid ways of driving traffic to your site, EXCEPT the Yahoo Answers one. Answering your own questions on Yahoo is at the very least considered a greyhat method that could get you banned if you don't employ certain questionable tactics, so that is something I'd definitely not recommend.
    Signature
    >>> Features Jason Fladlien, John S. Rhodes, Justin Brooke, Sean I. Mitchell, Reed Floren and Brad Gosse! <<<
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2660571].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author stefanjames
      Originally Posted by paulie888 View Post

      All of the above are very valid ways of driving traffic to your site, EXCEPT the Yahoo Answers one. Answering your own questions on Yahoo is at the very least considered a greyhat method that could get you banned if you don't employ certain questionable tactics, so that is something I'd definitely not recommend.
      Yeah I don't do the grey hat stuff. Sure it'll take sometime to build a reputation that's why I say answer 10 questions per day related to your niche with a link back to your site on the 10th post. Don't want to spam the board with your link because you're right you will get banned.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2661171].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author paulie888
    Don't even bother with Yahoo Answers, it is an old tactic that is likely to get the newbie banned since he or she wouldn't know how to get around the system.
    Signature
    >>> Features Jason Fladlien, John S. Rhodes, Justin Brooke, Sean I. Mitchell, Reed Floren and Brad Gosse! <<<
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2660612].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author woonkiat
      I have done video using PowerPoint and iMovie and posted to YouTube.
      So far not enough to make a difference but I link to facebook and my blog so it may help as I do more video.
      Signature

      Old school inbox million blueprint = $18,000 into my clickbank account in 24 hours! Limited copies available at $67 for full step by step documentation...
      Get review copy on e-book
      --->Click here for full details
      Blog--->http://www.moneycritical.com/blog/

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2660638].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author paulie888
        Originally Posted by woonkiat View Post

        I have done video using PowerPoint and iMovie and posted to YouTube.
        So far not enough to make a difference but I link to facebook and my blog so it may help as I do more video.
        It is a numbers game, and you'll definitely get more proficient over time at making videos that convert well and have higher click-through rates.
        Signature
        >>> Features Jason Fladlien, John S. Rhodes, Justin Brooke, Sean I. Mitchell, Reed Floren and Brad Gosse! <<<
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2660688].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author mookinman
    Great post. All it requires is action, otherwise the traffic won't come!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2660687].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ankur sharma
    Its number game and as well quality game. If you post bull**** videos then dont expect anyone to visit your site. That may work 3 years back, not now. You got to provide quality content. Lets say you are selling a service of designing logos, go to youtube and post video describing basics of photoshop. Then, in the end ask if someone need a good quality logo, visit www.yoursite.com.

    Same way in yahoo answers. Picka juicy long term keyword and put that in your question. Then answer yourself underneath it with your site. But your answer should be good enough to solve question.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2660715].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author mnaz88
    Thank you for your tips. But I would like to add these cool traffic methods which are facebook fanpage and twitter. I think they also can generate huge load of traffic if you know how to do it
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2661063].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author dbarnum
      Yahoo Answers can be like eBay:

      when a competitor in your niche reports you, regardless of whether or not you actually did anything wrong, you are banned.

      So beware. You won't want that method as your sole source of traffic targeted for long term.
      Signature




      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2661075].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author paulie888
        Originally Posted by dbarnum View Post

        Yahoo Answers can be like eBay:

        when a competitor in your niche reports you, regardless of whether or not you actually did anything wrong, you are banned.

        So beware. You won't want that method as your sole source of traffic targeted for long term.
        As I've mentioned above, Yahoo Answers is questionable at best. I wouldn't touch it myself, and it'd behoove you to just stay away from it.
        Signature
        >>> Features Jason Fladlien, John S. Rhodes, Justin Brooke, Sean I. Mitchell, Reed Floren and Brad Gosse! <<<
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2661152].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author stefanjames
          Originally Posted by paulie888 View Post

          As I've mentioned above, Yahoo Answers is questionable at best. I wouldn't touch it myself, and it'd behoove you to just stay away from it.

          Well it works if you don't spam the board. I just answer questions pertaining to whatever niche I'm working on and it brings in decent traffic.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2661162].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author JonAlfredsson
    I agree. These procedures are great but just like the other traffic-generating methods (social bookmarking, article writing, etc.), they also require effort. I think the only difference is the amount of effort you must do. But the bottom line is you still need to work.
    Signature

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2661253].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author stefanjames
      Couldn't of said it any better. I HATE doing all of this stuff:

      Videos
      Articles
      Social Bookmarketing
      Social Networking
      Yahoo Answers
      Forums

      If you HATE it outsource it! these methods have to be done to create daily and consistent traffic.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2661275].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author diyakapoor
    thanks for sharing your ideas. I am already working on forums and yahoo answers. Now I am thinking to work on videos as suggested by you
    Signature

    Grow your small business and make it Online - High end Digital Consultation for your Online Business

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2661299].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Dustin Cannon
    Here are some tips for getting your videos ranked in the search engines.

    Signature

    Dustin Cannon
    Total Content Domination - The Automated Article Marketing Service That Guarantees Top Search Engine Placement And Includes One Click Social Media Marketing!

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2661781].message }}
  • Simple and effective but only part of an overall strategy. Thanks
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2661826].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author chinmoy
    Thanks man for sharing your method. I'm not sure if Yahoo! answers traffic converts or not...
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2661875].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author stefanjames
      Originally Posted by chinmoy View Post

      Thanks man for sharing your method. I'm not sure if Yahoo! answers traffic converts or not...
      It gets traffic. Sure you won't get 10,000 visitors by tomorrow but the traffic is good and 100% free if don't right.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2662348].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author bhuff85
    I did Yahoo Answers here and there. I built up one account and left a live URL in two answers (this account had around 500 points built overall) and ended up getting thrown under the bus. The sad thing was that the URL contributed to my answer and provided information on EXACTLY what these people were seeking. Since then, I haven't used it. You need to build up your account quite a bit before you can post a live URL. Then, once you do that and it gets flagged at one point regardless of how in-depth and detailed your answer is, your account is gone and there's no arguing it. I argued with Yahoo for a couple of days and eventually gave up, because they wouldn't restore my account even when there was proof of giving the person asking the question what they WANTED!

    Do you ever think that some competitors may flag your answers that have a URL in them to get you banned? Just a thought.
    Signature
    Want to speed up your writing and save time?
    This book will show you how:
    --> Write Fast: 21 Powerful Ways to Cut Your Writing Time in Half! <--
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2662147].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author stefanjames
      Originally Posted by bhuff85 View Post

      I did Yahoo Answers here and there. I built up one account and left a live URL in two answers (this account had around 500 points built overall) and ended up getting thrown under the bus. The sad thing was that the URL contributed to my answer and provided information on EXACTLY what these people were seeking. Since then, I haven't used it. You need to build up your account quite a bit before you can post a live URL. Then, once you do that and it gets flagged at one point regardless of how in-depth and detailed your answer is, your account is gone and there's no arguing it. I argued with Yahoo for a couple of days and eventually gave up, because they wouldn't restore my account even when there was proof of giving the person asking the question what they WANTED!

      Do you ever think that some competitors may flag your answers that have a URL in them to get you banned? Just a thought.
      You know what? Good thought, I've never thought of competitors banning my post. My thoughts are I couldn't careless because my only objective is to get my answer voted as a best answer. So If I can really answer someone's question and help them out they'll choose me as a best answer and no one can ban this.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2662344].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author fated82
    Yes, i think the only thing left to do is do the things itself. Yes, take action! I like the simplicity of how it works....hmmm....
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2662275].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author stefanjames
    Originally Posted by Nickitta View Post

    Hello!

    Regarding Yahoo answers do you actually leave an hyperlink to your website or just mention it in your profile? Leaving an hyperlink in many cases brings immediate suspension from Yahoo Answers:confused:
    I don't hyperlink. What I do is make 9 helpful post and on my 10th post I'll add a link to my website. This way you won't get banned. I've been doing it this way for awhile now and haven't got banned.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2662329].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Cush
    Does this method really generate traffic? I was of the impression that it would only get you backlinks and link juice to help your natural search ranking.

    -Cush
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2662495].message }}
  • Good stuff here... thanks guys
    Signature
    *******Make Money With Twitter*********

    FREE Twitter Autopilot Software
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2662529].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ivanadee
    very good tips
    thank u
    actually, there are thousand ways to get traffic but the keyword is : doing consistenly
    nice sharing
    thanks
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2662533].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author balilong
    youtube and facebook for me. It is what I am using to get traffic. IN youtube if you have good and attracting video visitors will not hesitate to get curios.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2662541].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author stefanjames
    your welcome =)
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2663229].message }}

Trending Topics