Besides, I've received quite a few pm's recently from people wanting to know what I do.
In a nutshell, I write short, simple, and concise product reviews aimed at the person who has already actually made up his/her mind that they would like to own a particular product, but needs a little extra push to go ahead and buy.
Here's a step-by-step how to:
- Sign up to CJ, LinkShare, ShareASale or some other affiliate network.
- Pick a merchant that carries a large inventory of any niche product. It doesn't really matter what it is. People are searching every day for all kinds of things. Some types of products are naturally going to be more popular than others, however the way I do it, it doesn't really matter. I've got sites covering everything from vases to fishing lures.
- Get a domain and hosting. Install WordPress and choose a theme, or leave the default theme, it's up to you.
- Create categories for the products you are going to review. You can either use the merchant's categories, or do a little keyword research and use the keywords you select as your categories.
- Go to the merchant's website and select a product.
- Copy the product title to the title of your post and add the word "Review" at the end.
- Copy the product description and features to notepad and rewrite it. Don't spend all day doing it. Take about 10 minutes and put it in your own words. If you feel you don't have enough information from the merchant then do a search on Amazon and see if you can get more info there to help you finish.
- If the product you purchased has any customer reviews, add at the bottom of the post "Real Customer Reviews" with a short blurb of what they said in quotes.
- Make sure your affiliate link is located at the top, middle, and bottom of the post, along with a couple of pictures. Link the pictures to the merchant with your affiliate link.
- Post it to your site
- Create 5-10 backlinks to the article you just posted. It doesn't really matter where. If your review is long enough, spend 10 minutes rewriting it and post it to mulitple article directories. Do a few blog comments, and social bookmark your post to facebook, twitter, etc.
- Rinse and Repeat
If you do this 5 times a day for 90 days, you'll have written 450 reviews, and have anywhere from 2,250 to 4,500 backlinks to your site. Do it for the next 6 months and you'll have double that. Do the math.
On average, it takes me about 30-45 minutes to do all of the above for one post. It really depends on how detailed I get in the review. The more expensive a product, the more detail you might want to give to it. But honestly, don't spend too much time doing it.
All we're trying to do is nudge a person who has already made up their mind that they want a product, but are still sitting on the fence about buying it. Just nudge them. They may only need just the slightest push. We do not want to bombard them with information and make their decision any harder.
After you get used to doing this, you should be able to complete 5 posts in 2.5 to 3.5 hours, leaving you with plenty of time to research other niches, build a list, spend time with your family, etc.
And if you start right now, you'll be right on top of the Christmas rush and could very well make a few bucks.
Continue this through 2011, expanding into other niche markets as you feel like it, and you could really rake in the cash during the next Christmas season.
A few final remarks:
There is another marketer that had a really cool name for this type of review (Conduit method I think), but he focused on promoting Clickbank products. I've been doing this now for about 5 years, and it's been pretty successful so far. I have sites I created 5 years ago still making money. Of course, I still add reviews to all my sites occasionally.
These type of reviews are stupid simple to rank for in google since they usually have 60,000 or less competing sites.
I have lost track of the number of posts I have gotten on page 1 just by adding the single word "Review" to the end of the product name, and throwing 5-10-15 backlinks at the post.
Just do it.