My PayPal Account is Suspended, How can I receive money from service on the Warrior For Hire?

42 replies
The title pretty much asks the questions. My paypal account has been suspended. How can I accept payments through a different source on this forum, that people will want to do.

Most people here have paypal, does that mean that I am screwed?
#account #hire #money #paypal #receive #service #suspended #warrior
  • Profile picture of the author snapcontent
    Why have Paypal suspended you? Have you talked to them? Perhaps you could get the account reinstated which would be the best solution for you. If it's something simple like you didn't warn them in advance of a large upswing in your sales on a new product launch, they're usually quite accommodating.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2698769].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Alfred Shelver
    DO you not have someone that you trust with a Paypal account you could use? that is the easiest. The other option is opening a 2checkout or Plimus account which accepts paypal on your behalf.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2698807].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author SageSound
    Why was your PayPal account suspended? I'd fix that first!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2698907].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author rikkib51
      Originally Posted by SageSound View Post

      Why was your PayPal account suspended? I'd fix that first!

      Agreed Big money transfer?
      Signature
      Simple Quoting, Client Management & Invoicing Tool In One

      www.inv.nz

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2698920].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Sheryl Polomka
    I don't think they need a good reason and often they don't listen to your argument. Sure there are many people who have successfully had their account reinstated, but there are also many people who have found that once Paypal made up their mind that was it.

    I think the only way around it if you still want to accept paypal is to go through 2checkout. It's unfortunate and it costs more to go through 2checkout but it might be your best option.
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2698927].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author SageSound
      Originally Posted by Sheryl Polomka View Post

      I don't think they need a good reason and often they don't listen to your argument. Sure there are many people who have successfully had their account reinstated, but there are also many people who have found that once Paypal made up their mind that was it.

      I think the only way around it if you still want to accept paypal is to go through 2checkout. It's unfortunate and it costs more to go through 2checkout but it might be your best option.
      I can't imagine running a successful business with such an attitude.

      The fact is, nine times out of ten, when people fess up about the reasons, it's almost ALWAYS because they violated one of PayPal's AUP terms.

      Their AUP is like a driver's license manual. Don't read it at your own peril. But if you end up getting your license suspended for something you should have known about, you have no right to complain. Simply throwing up your arms and saying, "Oh well! I'm screwed!" isn't exactly a recipe for success.

      I think if PayPal were smart, they'd slap 10% fees on all transactions until you've passed a detailed questionnaire about their AUP. So few people read it, and the vast majority of people who get their accounts frozen squeal like stuck pigs, yet never bother to find out what REALLY happened or why.

      That attitude just seems totally ridiculous to me. It's like getting into a car, putting on a blindfold, then going for a drive. It's inevitable you're going to hit SOMETHING unexpected sooner or later!

      So ... then you complain ... why?

      At the risk of overdoing the analogies ... a business is like a garden. Sometimes there's an unexpected turn in the weather; but most of the time, the results you get are 100% your own doing -- or not-doing.

      There are far too many people who have no problems at all with their PayPal accounts for such a tiny minority to scream so loudly about how unfair PayPal is.

      -David
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2699088].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Sheryl Polomka
        Originally Posted by SageSound View Post

        I can't imagine running a successful business with such an attitude.

        The fact is, nine times out of ten, when people fess up about the reasons, it's almost ALWAYS because they violated one of PayPal's AUP terms.

        Their AUP is like a driver's license manual. Don't read it at your own peril. But if you end up getting your license suspended for something you should have known about, you have no right to complain. Simply throwing up your arms and saying, "Oh well! I'm screwed!" isn't exactly a recipe for success.

        I think if PayPal were smart, they'd slap 10% fees on all transactions until you've passed a detailed questionnaire about their AUP. So few people read it, and the vast majority of people who get their accounts frozen squeal like stuck pigs, yet never bother to find out what REALLY happened or why.

        That attitude just seems totally ridiculous to me. It's like getting into a car, putting on a blindfold, then going for a drive. It's inevitable you're going to hit SOMETHING unexpected sooner or later!

        So ... then you complain ... why?

        At the risk of overdoing the analogies ... a business is like a garden. Sometimes there's an unexpected turn in the weather; but most of the time, the results you get are 100% your own doing -- or not-doing.

        There are far too many people who have no problems at all with their PayPal accounts for such a tiny minority to scream so loudly about how unfair PayPal is.

        -David
        David I'm not just guessing and complaining about something that 'could' happen. I know this happens, I know that they close people's accounts and often for no good reason.

        How about the number of accounts that have been closed for using Jon Legers $7 script. Although newer versions of the script are now ok, the older versions Paypal said they were associated with pyramid schemes and people had their accounts closed because of it. I know people that this happened to and Paypal would not even listen to them. They did not break Paypal terms as the $7 script was not a pyramid scheme at all and yet Paypal would not listen!

        I am NOT complaining about things that 'DON'T happen' these things DO happen and I know that for a fact! So please don't come in here and tell me that every paypal account that has ever been closed has been because they broke the rules and my attitude is wrong. You obviously don't have all the facts of all the people that have had these bad experiences with Paypal.

        It is NOTHING like getting in a car with a blindfold and going for a drive - that analogy is completely ridiculous as even if I did just have an attitude for no reason, the analogy is not even remotely similar.
        Signature
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2699114].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author SageSound
          Originally Posted by Sheryl Polomka View Post

          How about the number of accounts that have been closed for using Jon Legers $7 script. Although newer versions of the script are now ok, the older versions Paypal said they were associated with pyramid schemes and people had their accounts closed because of it. I know people that this happened to and Paypal would not even listen to them. They did not break Paypal terms as the $7 script was not a pyramid scheme at all and yet Paypal would not listen!
          So, people don't kill, it's the knife or gun that's to blame?

          Come on!

          Nothing about the script has changed. It's how it was promoted.

          The problem Jon had with that marketing effort was the way he encouraged people to sign up as affiliates primarily for the purpose of earning money promoting it. THAT is a violation of PayPal's AUP!

          "Earn 100% commissions by promoting this script!" THAT is an "opportunity"! It's NOT a "product".

          Yes, you're absolutely right. These things DO happen!

          In fact, PayPal has a long history of shutting down accounts for people who put up sites that promote any kind of "opportunity", rather than just a "product". It's not limited to the $7 Secrets Script. If you mention your affiliate program anywhere on your sales page (other than a simple link at the very bottom), you stand a fair chance of getting your PayPal account frozen.

          It's a violation of their AUP.

          You're welcome to scream and holler about how unfair they are all you want.

          If you promote your affiliate program on your sales page, you're running a BIG risk of getting shut down. It's that simple.

          It happens to people with RAP sites. They get enamored with 100% commission promotions and get overly enthusiastic about them. Next thing you know, BLAM! Their PayPal account is frozen.

          An affiliate program is an "opportunity" in PayPal's eyes. And if you don't know their policy around that, then you're driving with a blindfold on.

          People who used the $7 script got shut down in droves for the same reason: they copied the original too closely. And the original promoted the affiliate program as a means of making money, rather than the script itself. (If you aren't clear about the distinction, you should curl up with a copy of the book, "Godel, Escher, Bach".)

          When the message was changed, people stopped running into trouble with it.

          If you don't mention your affiliate program until people get to your download page (after they've already made their purchase), there's no question about what you're promoting.

          Now, that said, we STILL do not know WHY the OP got his PayPal account suspended. But it wouldn't surprise me if it was b/c he talked about his affiliate program on his sales page.

          -David
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2699219].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Regional Warrior
        Originally Posted by SageSound View Post

        I can't imagine running a successful business with such an attitude.

        The fact is, nine times out of ten, when people fess up about the reasons, it's almost ALWAYS because they violated one of PayPal's AUP terms.

        Their AUP is like a driver's license manual. Don't read it at your own peril. But if you end up getting your license suspended for something you should have known about, you have no right to complain. Simply throwing up your arms and saying, "Oh well! I'm screwed!" isn't exactly a recipe for success.

        I think if PayPal were smart, they'd slap 10% fees on all transactions until you've passed a detailed questionnaire about their AUP. So few people read it, and the vast majority of people who get their accounts frozen squeal like stuck pigs, yet never bother to find out what REALLY happened or why.

        That attitude just seems totally ridiculous to me. It's like getting into a car, putting on a blindfold, then going for a drive. It's inevitable you're going to hit SOMETHING unexpected sooner or later!

        So ... then you complain ... why?

        At the risk of overdoing the analogies ... a business is like a garden. Sometimes there's an unexpected turn in the weather; but most of the time, the results you get are 100% your own doing -- or not-doing.

        There are far too many people who have no problems at all with their PayPal accounts for such a tiny minority to scream so loudly about how unfair PayPal is.

        -David
        Sage you are wrong there, I had mine limited because of a transfer to my bank account and they would not answer and emails for days , after they did answer mention some BS to do with money laundering and it was just $60 dollars and I have a premier account so sorry mate you may be a tad wrong there

        Jason
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2699689].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Margo Tuul
    Was your account Verified or not?

    I know people who get their accounts "limited" until they provided some proof about sales, who they are etc.

    If your account is not "verified", even $100 sale can shut your account down...
    Signature

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2699041].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Freelancing10
    Now that I think about it, the Warrior Forum only accepts paypal as payment for posting threads in the warrior for hire.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2699053].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author oneplusone
    I'm going to agree with ...


































    ... Sheryl, you're through to the next round.
    Signature
    'If you hear a voice within you say "you cannot paint," then by all means paint and that voice will be silenced.' Vincent Van Gogh.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2699147].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Sheryl Polomka
    The problem Jon had with that marketing effort was the way he encouraged people to sign up as affiliates primarily for the purpose of earning money promoting it. THAT is a violation of PayPal's AUP!

    "Earn 100% commissions by promoting this script!" THAT is an "opportunity"! It's NOT a "product".

    Yes, you're absolutely right. These things DO happen!

    In fact, PayPal has a long history of shutting down accounts for people who put up sites that promote any kind of "opportunity", rather than just a "product". It's not limited to the $7 Secrets Script. If you mention your affiliate program anywhere on your sales page (other than a simple link at the very bottom), you stand a fair chance of getting your PayPal account frozen.
    Who said these people all promoting the affiliate program or promoting the script?? How do you know they promoted it other than just having a small affiliate link at the bottom of the page.

    If they closed every persons account that had an affiliate program there would be thousands more accounts closed!

    I'm not going to argue on this, I will agree to disagree with you. In my opinion and the experiences of people I know and people I have read about, Paypal DO close accounts when their terms have not been broken.
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2699432].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author CDarklock
      Originally Posted by Sheryl Polomka View Post

      In my opinion and the experiences of people I know and people I have read about, Paypal DO close accounts when their terms have not been broken.
      Google does the same thing.

      There are a lot of Zombie Blogging customers who get asked to verify their accounts, then don't. They think "I'll let it cool off for a while first," and don't verify, and then they come back later to find all their blogs closed and their Google account deleted.

      Basically, Google said "hey, it looks like you might be breaking the terms of service; please tell us you're not." And they ran away.

      What is Google supposed to think about that? If you were an honest person, and you weren't doing anything wrong, surely you could let Google send you a text message.

      Similarly, a lot of people on PayPal get told "we've limited your account," and they don't call PayPal to say "hey, WTF, I've got $800 in that account and I didn't do anything wrong." They just run away.

      What is PayPal supposed to think about that?

      So yes, people do get their accounts shut down without doing anything wrong,.. and then they run away, which sort of counts as doing something wrong.
      Signature
      "The Golden Town is the Golden Town no longer. They have sold their pillars for brass and their temples for money, they have made coins out of their golden doors. It is become a dark town full of trouble, there is no ease in its streets, beauty has left it and the old songs are gone." - Lord Dunsany, The Messengers
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2699557].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Kay King
        There's no point in turning this thread into a paypal rant - especially when the OP isn't answering questions about why the account was suspended.

        If you have given false info on your paypal account, they can and will freeze it for six months and then close it - but you do get the money when the account is closed.

        If it is a temporary freeze, it's likely a non-verified account where more information is being requested.

        A verified account may frozen temporarily and more info requests before being re-activated.

        Do they make mistakes? Sure, they do. For the majority of problems with paypal - there's a problem that can be resolved.

        I certainly would not let anyone except a close family member use my paypal account - for one thing, I'm liable for income taxes for any money coming into that account.

        When someone complains about a paypal freeze - offers no explanation and doesn't seem worried about solving the problem, that's often a sign the person knew something was wrong.

        kay

        Edit: One of the most common paypal problems are people who list a US address though they live elsewhere - often in a country where full paypal use is not available. Paypal will check addresses by freezing the account and requesting a copy of a bill in your name sent to the address listed. Can't provide it? Oops. Don't know if this is the case here - but there is no country listed for the OP so have to wonder.
        Signature
        Saving one dog will not change the world - but the world changes forever for that one dog
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2699591].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Dan C. Rinnert
        Originally Posted by CDarklock View Post

        What is Google supposed to think about that? If you were an honest person, and you weren't doing anything wrong, surely you could let Google send you a text message.
        Unless you're an honest person that doesn't have text messaging capabilities and then you're shut out because a multi-billion dollar company apparently cannot afford to offer a variety of methods of contact.
        Signature

        Dan's content is irregularly read by handfuls of people. Join the elite few by reading his blog: dcrBlogs.com, following him on Twitter: dcrTweets.com or reading his fiction: dcrWrites.com but NOT by Clicking Here!

        Dan also writes content for hire, but you can't afford him anyway.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2700393].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Sheryl Polomka
    Oh but they don't always run away. I know people that have tried to explain their situation and Paypal wouldn't even listen. So it wasn't just a matter of having their account limited and running away, they tried to get it sorted with Paypal refusing and actually saying that they aren't willing to discuss the matter any further.
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2699592].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author CDarklock
      Originally Posted by Sheryl Polomka View Post

      I know people that have tried to explain their situation and Paypal wouldn't even listen.
      If you've been pulled over for speeding and there's a cold bottle of beer in your cup holder, I don't think the cop needs to listen.

      But everyone wants to try and explain their situation. No, it's different, see - this is me. That rule is stupid, and doesn't apply to me.

      I mean, sure, the law says "no open containers of alchohol in the car" quite clearly, but that's not for me. That's for drunks. That's how you make the case for getting the drunk drivers off the street.

      I'm not a drunk; I'm just, well, okay - technically I guess I just blew over the legal limit, but I'm not drunk. I mean, look at me! I'm fine.

      Sure, okay, I'm having trouble staying on the yellow line and touching my nose with alternate fingers - but I'm just, you know, not a very coordinated person at all. Ever. Even when I'm sober.

      Well, all right, but you can make an exception for me - can't you? I mean, it's me! Come on!

      Stupid cops. They put people in jail for no reason at all. I mean, I tried to explain, but they wouldn't even listen.
      Signature
      "The Golden Town is the Golden Town no longer. They have sold their pillars for brass and their temples for money, they have made coins out of their golden doors. It is become a dark town full of trouble, there is no ease in its streets, beauty has left it and the old songs are gone." - Lord Dunsany, The Messengers
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2699742].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Kay King
        I've had my account limited twice - both times paypal told me what the problem was and what documentation they needed. I provided it - account restored quickly in both cases.

        When someone doesn't seem interested in trying to resolve the problem - they probably know WHAT that problem is. The thread is about one person's paypal and he hasn't answered "why" so I expect he knows why.

        kay
        Signature
        Saving one dog will not change the world - but the world changes forever for that one dog
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2699769].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Sheryl Polomka
        Originally Posted by CDarklock View Post

        If you've been pulled over for speeding and there's a cold bottle of beer in your cup holder, I don't think the cop needs to listen.

        But everyone wants to try and explain their situation. No, it's different, see - this is me. That rule is stupid, and doesn't apply to me.

        I mean, sure, the law says "no open containers of alchohol in the car" quite clearly, but that's not for me. That's for drunks. That's how you make the case for getting the drunk drivers off the street.

        I'm not a drunk; I'm just, well, okay - technically I guess I just blew over the legal limit, but I'm not drunk. I mean, look at me! I'm fine.

        Sure, okay, I'm having trouble staying on the yellow line and touching my nose with alternate fingers - but I'm just, you know, not a very coordinated person at all. Ever. Even when I'm sober.

        Well, all right, but you can make an exception for me - can't you? I mean, it's me! Come on!

        Stupid cops. They put people in jail for no reason at all. I mean, I tried to explain, but they wouldn't even listen.
        Oh my gosh, who said anything about the rules not applying to me! You stated that people don't explain and just run away - I stated that isn't always the case. So now you state that we shouldn't be listened to!!! You are contradicting yourself.

        An no-one is saying the rules shouldn't apply to me! There are genuine people who have had their accounts closed when they haven't broken any rules - it does happen!
        Signature
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2701906].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author CDarklock
          Originally Posted by Sheryl Polomka View Post

          There are genuine people who have had their accounts closed when they haven't broken any rules - it does happen!
          I do not believe that.

          I believe people have CLAIMED that.

          But I believe they are wrong.

          Because if this really did happen, there would be a class action lawsuit underway, and there is not.
          Signature
          "The Golden Town is the Golden Town no longer. They have sold their pillars for brass and their temples for money, they have made coins out of their golden doors. It is become a dark town full of trouble, there is no ease in its streets, beauty has left it and the old songs are gone." - Lord Dunsany, The Messengers
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2703008].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author Sheryl Polomka
            Originally Posted by CDarklock View Post

            I do not believe that.

            I believe people have CLAIMED that.

            But I believe they are wrong.

            Because if this really did happen, there would be a class action lawsuit underway, and there is not.
            Well believe what you like - I know it has happened!

            And not everyone can afford to sue Paypal!
            Signature
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2703018].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author Sardent
            Originally Posted by CDarklock View Post

            I do not believe that.

            I believe people have CLAIMED that.

            But I believe they are wrong.

            Because if this really did happen, there would be a class action lawsuit underway, and there is not.
            Except that there is.

            Here is a copy of the complaint at the attorneys site. Over the practice of arbitrarily holding funds and freezing accounts.

            The filing was accepted by San Jose court on May 12, 2010.

            The alleges that because the EFTA, Paypal is a financial institution by definition of the act and is therefore regulated by the provisions of the act.

            The law firm is Freed & Weiss LLC and the contact person is Julie Miller.
            Signature
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2703122].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author CDarklock
              Originally Posted by Sardent View Post

              Except that there is.
              Then we'll see how this plays out.

              Again, I don't believe this claim has merit. Among other things, it's essentially the same as a 2002 suit which was settled out of court.
              Signature
              "The Golden Town is the Golden Town no longer. They have sold their pillars for brass and their temples for money, they have made coins out of their golden doors. It is become a dark town full of trouble, there is no ease in its streets, beauty has left it and the old songs are gone." - Lord Dunsany, The Messengers
              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2703228].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author Owen Smith
            Originally Posted by CDarklock View Post

            I do not believe that.

            I believe people have CLAIMED that.

            But I believe they are wrong.

            Because if this really did happen, there would be a class action lawsuit underway, and there is not.

            I had my account suspended for no reason, it is all done on an alert system.

            If you trigger an alert BAM! You have a problem, stay below the radar and get yourself setup as a BUISNESS (Self Employed) otherwise you will be suspended permenantly.
            Signature

            All the Hottest eBooks, Graphics, Software, Videos, Articles, and Templates you want with PLR and MRR. Join PLR Assassin Today!

            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2703237].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author Sardent
              Originally Posted by Owen Smith View Post

              I had my account suspended for no reason, it is all done on an alert system.

              If you trigger an alert BAM! You have a problem, stay below the radar and get yourself setup as a BUISNESS (Self Employed) otherwise you will be suspended permenantly.
              Did that.

              Business account - check
              Address verified - check
              Credit cards verified - check
              EIN verified - check
              Mobile security verified - check
              Bank account verified - check

              Bamm! Triggered an alert they are uninterested in resolving.

              The only thing I haven't given them is my latest proctologist's report.
              Signature
              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2703270].message }}
              • Profile picture of the author Owen Smith
                It could have been waves of payments at random times or dates.

                Paypal are funny characters unfortunatelly.

                Regards
                Owen


                Originally Posted by Sardent View Post

                Did that.

                Business account - check
                Address verified - check
                Credit cards verified - check
                EIN verified - check
                Mobile security verified - check
                Bank account verified - check

                Bamm! Triggered an alert they are uninterested in resolving.

                The only thing I haven't given them is my latest proctologist's report.
                Signature

                All the Hottest eBooks, Graphics, Software, Videos, Articles, and Templates you want with PLR and MRR. Join PLR Assassin Today!

                {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2703299].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Sardent
      Originally Posted by Sheryl Polomka View Post

      Oh but they don't always run away. I know people that have tried to explain their situation and Paypal wouldn't even listen. So it wasn't just a matter of having their account limited and running away, they tried to get it sorted with Paypal refusing and actually saying that they aren't willing to discuss the matter any further.
      Been there done that.
      Signature
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2702144].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Jeff Henshaw
        Wonder how long it'll be before the FCC and such step in because Paypal has shut down people's accounts for no reason like they did to that site that used Paypal for charitable donations.
        A short post, so an equally short reply.

        Not for a long time and probably never.

        They are not a bank and their Terms of Service are clear to read - they even notify you when the ToS are to be changed.

        Just my thoughts,

        Jeff.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2702245].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Kay King
          ike they did to that site that used Paypal for charitable donations.
          That's an example of passing on "information" without reading the full thread and getting the facts. The person didn't mean to violate rules - but didn't set up the charity properly with paypal.

          The steps to follow are clearly given on the paypal site. It's not paypal's fault - they have to adhere to the federal laws regulating charities. They also have to adhere to laws regarding money laundering among other things which is why paypal reacts quickly to anything that is out of the ordinary or questionable.

          kay
          Signature
          Saving one dog will not change the world - but the world changes forever for that one dog
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2702279].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Sardent
          Originally Posted by Jeff Henshaw View Post

          A short post, so an equally short reply.

          Not for a long time and probably never.

          They are not a bank and their Terms of Service are clear to read - they even notify you when the ToS are to be changed.

          Just my thoughts,

          Jeff.
          Yep.

          All 37 pages of them.
          Signature
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2702374].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Rukshan
    Start selling with 2checkout.
    Signature

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2700366].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author TelZilla
    hmm... this topic has gotten too volatile for me to comment on... oh wait. Darn.

    I have known a few people that paypal suspended. A couple of the suspensions were legitimate and remained suspended. The rest were restored after the people sent paypal the information they wanted.
    Signature
    Don't get so wrapped up in making money that you forget the important things in life.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2702034].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ChickenMan
    Wonder how long it'll be before the FCC and such step in because Paypal has shut down people's accounts for no reason like they did to that site that used Paypal for charitable donations.
    Signature

    If money grew on trees, we'd all die from a lack of oxygen.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2702137].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Tsnyder
      Originally Posted by ChickenMan View Post

      Wonder how long it'll be before the FCC and such step in because Paypal has shut down people's accounts for no reason like they did to that site that used Paypal for charitable donations.
      FTC... probably. SEC... maybe. FCC... not likely.

      Tsnyder
      Signature
      If you knew what I know you'd be doing what I do...
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2702312].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Matthew Iannotti
    Sorry about the news...Mine was hacked today...Luckily I have their IP and address and will be pressing charges.

    Wish you luck, try 2 checkout.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2702170].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author aymen99
    yeah paypal is freezing alot of account those days.
    you can use alertpay,it is a good service too
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2702207].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author mcmahanusa
      Under the Napoleonic code, the accused were "guilty until proven innocent". This changed under British and American adversarial law, where "innocent until proven guilty" prevailed.

      Many large companies, who are essentially a law unto themselves, prefer to employ use of the Napoleonic Code. Google and PayPal both tend to do this, although it is true that sometimes one can reason with PayPal and reverse an onerous punitive action taken by the company. However, the widely reported recent decisions by PayPal to close and/or freeze accounts based on "suspicious activity" is an odious practice.

      Do they relent and unfreeze accounts? Sure. Sometimes. Are people guilty of breaking the rules and conditions of PayPal? Sure. Sometimes. Probably many times. Is that any consolation to the innocent person who sees his business and his income go down in ignominious flames? Never.

      Edmund Burke wrote, "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

      If one sees injustice, one should cry out. If one's misfortunes are one's own fault, then one should learn from his/her mistakes and carry on without complaint. But to assume that PayPal "must have had a good reason" and "it's probably your fault for.....whatever" is to be naive.

      That's my point of view, anyway. And in the meantime, I have three merchant accounts in place just in case.
      Signature

      Success is not to be pursued; it is to be attracted by the person you become - Jim Rohn

      Visit our beautiful gardens

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2702309].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Owen Smith
    I would suggest you use paydot.com

    It uses paypal to accept the payments, but their own paypal not yours.
    Signature

    All the Hottest eBooks, Graphics, Software, Videos, Articles, and Templates you want with PLR and MRR. Join PLR Assassin Today!

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2703015].message }}
  • I've had my account limited recently after 3 years of having a verified business account with over $100k in transactions... There was absolutely no specific reason for the limitation as I didnt increase my traffic volume, I didnt change my profile details, etc. They just limited out of the blue. I will be using PayPal very apprehensively from now on.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2703092].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author petevamp
    Wow how did this thread turn into a debate.

    He needs to simply find out what his account was suspended for. If the account is just suspended well guess what he can get the account reinstated. Now if the account was revolked that is an entirely different story. He just needs to contact paypal and see what and if he can do anything to get his account reinstated. There are many ways around the system however its been awhile since I have read their terms.

    So the option I am about to give may or may not work. Just open a new pay pal account under a new email. Problem solved then do not screw up again or your will lose your account again. Again this may be against their terms but I do not know I have not read their terms is several years now.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2703278].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author It Should Be Easy
    From my own experience paypal is ****. I´m from sweden and it´s a hell to get your money to your regular account so you can acutally spend them. But on the english market it´s almost necessary to have paypal but screw them anyway.
    Signature

    Looking to connect with people

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2706655].message }}

Trending Topics