Automatic posting to a wordpress blog

22 replies
Is there a piece of software available that will allow me to upload my own articles or plr re-writes that can be scheduled to be posted to my blog automatically??
#automatic #blog #posting #wordpress
  • Profile picture of the author uncle randy 71
    This may be what you are looking for. I have not purchased it and do not know the author.

    http://www.warriorforum.com/warrior-...-uploader.html
    Signature
    Need Cash Fast? I will show you How you can make $20 an hour writing articles!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2711280].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Danny Turner
    Hi Janet
    that's my WSO
    I developed the plugin after testing a few that underperformed
    and have tested it extensively and am confident it is the best plugin on the market for this specific task.
    The only problem we have encountered to date is that it requires your host to have php zip installed.(to unpack the zip file the articles are uploaded in)
    Most have this but one person on a self hosted server and another with Dreamhost
    had a problem.No one else has had a problem.
    I would be happy to answer any questions you may have
    cheers
    Danny
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2714588].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author TheOverall
    1. Get RSS Feeds
    2. Spin them automatically through a script
    3. Autofeed into your wordpress blog
    4. PROFIT
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2714593].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Vogin
      Originally Posted by TheOverall View Post

      1. Get RSS Feeds
      2. Spin them automatically through a script
      3. Autofeed into your wordpress blog
      4. PROFIT
      Saying "I beg to differ" is a very polite expression of how I feel about your suggestion. Let's analyze what you've said:


      1. Get RSS Feeds
      I suppose you mean tapping in multiple RSS feeds in order to literally steal content and parasite on work of others. Brilliant!


      2. Spin them autmatically through a script
      Oh yeah, another golden nugget.

      First of all, it's an excellent idea to spin the stuff you've stolen in the step 1 (so that it isn't that obvious).

      Second of all, you are really helping with new information if you just tell the same story someone already has, but in other words...

      PS Most of the automatic spinning technological solutions produce crap at best...


      3. Autofeed into your wordpress blog
      with a bit of luck, we could say that this is distantly related to scheduling your posts. In mindblowing opposite to the rest of your suggestions, there's nothing wrong with that.


      4. Profit
      Maybe, but for what cost?
      Signature

      ppcsluzby.cz/en - PPC agency


      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2841819].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Glenn Leader
        To the OP, I'm a big fan of BlogHatter, this is desktop software, with great support.

        Originally Posted by Vogin View Post


        8< snipped

        1. Get RSS Feeds
        I suppose you mean tapping in multiple RSS feeds in order to literally steal content and parasite on work of others. Brilliant!

        8<snipped

        Isn't that the point of RSS? to get posts syndicated, and backlinks built?

        Originally Posted by TheOverall View Post

        1. Get RSS Feeds
        2. Spin them automatically through a script
        3. Autofeed into your wordpress blog
        4. PROFIT
        I see this theory all the time, how about posting a practical solution instead?

        Originally Posted by ljmatt View Post

        My apologies to all of those who posted a response - I have only just discovered how to find my threads (I can be a bit dumb sometimes!!!!)

        8< snipped
        The best way to keep track of your own threads (and others you want to follow) is to subscribe to it.

        HTH

        lenn
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2844194].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Janet Matthews
          Originally Posted by Glenn Leader View Post




          The best way to keep track of your own threads (and others you want to follow) is to subscribe to it.

          HTH

          lenn
          Thanks Lenn - I am slowly finding my way around the forum.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3421148].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Rsberg
      Originally Posted by TheOverall View Post

      1. Get RSS Feeds
      2. Spin them automatically through a script
      3. Autofeed into your wordpress blog
      4. PROFIT
      This sounds great but one small problem...

      Many of the original authors wont want you to "spin" the content from their feeds.

      This is part of the problem and why autoblogging still has a bad name to most in the IM community...this practice of spinning others content (without permission) raises ethical issues not to mention questions of legality.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3421203].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author alby
    There are a variety of automatic posters, such as blog desk, or specific plugins. Scribefire, is one that works with firefox, and can be useful for what you need and best of all, they are free.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2714603].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Quentin
    There are a number of great plugins that allow you to do this.

    Usually you add the articles in text format to a folder on your server then use the plugin to drip feed them.

    Just look up auto poster or drip feed wordpress and you can find quite a few.

    The secret with plugins is to find ones that get updated regularly and have some posts about them.

    This will ensure they are updated and keep on working.

    Quentin
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2714812].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Danny Turner
      Originally Posted by Quentin View Post

      ......
      The secret with plugins is to find ones that get updated regularly and have some posts about them.
      This will ensure they are updated and keep on working.
      Quentin
      Very true...
      chuckle and I have uploaded another update on WP Easy Uploader tonight
      latest feature allows you to ignore the first'x' amount of paragraphs - useful for PLR articles that have unwanted info at beginning of article
      And I will consider any feature request that is doable and useful

      mmm - features for this plugin are already extensive

      • Upload articles to Post or Page
      • Uploads to Exhisting Categories or create New Category in one step
      • Even assigns New Category to a Parent Category if desired
      • Post articles at random time intervals set by you - Have your articles drip feed to your blog for months into the future!
      • Posts will be created at random intervals - giving your site a natural posting schedule the search engines love
      • Add Custom Tags to all of your articles
      • Set Post or Page to allow comments or not
      • Set Post or Page to trackbacks and pingbacks or not
      • Use either file name or first line as Post/Page Title - will automatically ignore "Title:" in first line
      • Option to allow duplicate post titles or not - Very handy when adding numerous PLR articles - If selected will return a list of articles not added
      • Adds adsense block or banner code (or any other html code) to appear either before and/or after content
      • New - Auto generate tags from article title
      • New - Option to ignore the first'x' amount of parapgraphs -handy for PLR articles that have keywords, summary etc at the beginning of the article
      cheers
      Danny
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2715088].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Janet Matthews
        My apologies to all of those who posted a response - I have only just discovered how to find my threads (I can be a bit dumb sometimes!!!!)

        Anyway many thanks to everyone for your helpful suggestions. I will copy and paste them into a word document then hopefully I will be able to find them when I need them

        Thanks again to everybody
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2815536].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author BloggerHigh
    WP Easy Uploader right now is the best choice for what you seem to need.
    Signature

    Don't add anything to this sig file prior to 01/01/2011

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2815560].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author jeskola
    Originally Posted by ljmatt View Post

    Is there a piece of software available that will allow me to upload my own articles or plr re-writes that can be scheduled to be posted to my blog automatically??
    Wordpress does this itself!
    Just schedule the post date to a point in time in the future!
    Signature

    Don't look to MAKE money - look to HELP people and you will make all the money you can ever want.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2841946].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Janet Matthews
      Originally Posted by jeskola View Post

      Wordpress does this itself!
      Just schedule the post date to a point in time in the future!
      Thanks - that is interesting. So what would be the benefit of a plugin?? Does that make the process easier in some way??
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3421144].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Danny Turner
        Originally Posted by ljmatt View Post

        Thanks - that is interesting. So what would be the benefit of a plugin?? Does that make the process easier in some way??
        Easier in many ways
        you can post up to two hundred posts in a click and automatically schedule them to post over a period of time at random intervals -
        A huge time saver
        most hosts have a 2mg limit on uploads of this type - usually close to two hundred text files
        cheers
        Danny
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3458481].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author bretski
          I am hesitant to post this for fear of giving others this idea but it does seem like the "business model" of creating autoposting blogs driven by others work through RSS feeds that are then spun is growing. I know that much of my original content is taken and spun these days and passed off as the blog owners own original work without any backlink to my site... no resource box etc. So to recommend this or condone this as a way to make money and think that it's OK is offensive at best and to actually do it is criminal in my eyes.

          You want to drip feed your own content or PLR or spun PLR? In an hour you can copy and paste a weeks worth of content and schedule it inside of WP.
          Signature
          ***Affordable Quality Content Written For You!***
          Experience Content Writer - PM Bretski!
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3459292].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author Janet Matthews
            Originally Posted by bretski View Post

            I am hesitant to post this for fear of giving others this idea but it does seem like the "business model" of creating autoposting blogs driven by others work through RSS feeds that are then spun is growing. I know that much of my original content is taken and spun these days and passed off as the blog owners own original work without any backlink to my site... no resource box etc. So to recommend this or condone this as a way to make money and think that it's OK is offensive at best and to actually do it is criminal in my eyes.

            You want to drip feed your own content or PLR or spun PLR? In an hour you can copy and paste a weeks worth of content and schedule it inside of WP.
            I was only referring to my own blog posts or maybe rewritten plr. Just so I can do a few extra hours one day and not have to post to my blog everyday. It seems as though using the schedule posting is probably the best way for me
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3459864].message }}

Trending Topics