WARNING: Before You Say Something Know What You Are Talking About

54 replies
WARNING: Before you insist a marketing system is dead make sure you believe in what you're saying...

I just watched a video about how email marketing is dead. Nice video, pleasant background music and the person seemed like he really knew what he was talking about.

But then it hit me...

He's claiming email marketing is dead and yet here are a few things that prove him wrong right in his own marketing campaign.

1) I was made aware of the video because he EMAILED his list
2) He offered a free report but still wanted to capture my EMAIL address

Wait a minute... something doesn't sit right...

If email marketing were dead then why would he want my email address yet again, after all by his own admission email marketing is dead and the open rate is less than 7%.

If email marketing were dead then why didn't he give away the report without asking for my email address?

Email marketing is dead? PLEASE... email marketing is NOT dead but the dynamics have sure changed over the years and they will continue to change but now with everyone having a smart phone email marketing is going to make a huge comeback in the way we communicate.

PS. Nice to see he's using one of my tactics (contest) to increase the size of his LIST... ;-)
#talking #warning
  • Profile picture of the author Michael Oksa
    That's funny in a hypocritical sort of way.



    Hey! Guess what?

    Yes, that's right...

    Posting responses in the forum is dead. Don't do it!!!

    ~M~
    Signature

    "Ich bin en fuego!"
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2711976].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author jedediahd
    The key element here is making you think internet marketing is dead, and telling you how you can revive it. This is instilling fear in you in hopes it makes you buy, he just didn't pay enough attention when considering his funnel (starting with emailing his list etc). This has much less to do with not knowing what he is talking about than it does knowing how to use copy to strike fear and develop a command to action. I think he failed in the marketing and execution of the idea, not the idea itself.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2711977].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Kay King
      He's claiming email marketing is dead and yet here are a few things that prove him wrong right in his own marketing campaign.
      And he said that to get your attention - and it worked.
      Signature
      Saving one dog will not change the world - but the world changes forever for that one dog
      ***
      It actually doesn't take much to be considered a 'difficult woman' -
      that's why there are so many of us.
      ...jane goodall
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2711983].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Mike Hill
        Originally Posted by Kay King View Post

        And he said that to get your attention - and it worked.
        You don't see me downloading his report or buying his stuff do you? NO...

        I watched his video out of curiosity because I am involved in email marketing and know a few things.

        All his video did was contradict his whole approach on this marketing campaign. He should have positioned it a little different.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2712028].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author CDarklock
    Originally Posted by Mike Hill View Post

    WARNING: Before you insist a marketing system is dead make sure you believe in what you're saying...
    Congruence of message. Frank Kern, Core Influence.

    If there is one critical thing I would tell the brand new internet marketer who wants to be a major name, in any niche at all, it would be this...

    Be your message.

    If you think affiliate marketing is stupid but you don't have any evidence or experience, say that. Say exactly that.

    And if it turns out you were wrong and affiliate marketing is kind of awesome, then you can come back and say "Hey, I screwed up. I was wrong. Affiliate marketing is kind of awesome."

    But what do people always want to do? They want to exaggerate their evidence and experience so they can be right. So when they say affiliate marketing is stupid, they pull out all this overwhelming mountain of evidence they've just made up to support their position.

    And now, they've mailed one affiliate link to their list, and they basically got paid $300 for five minutes of work. So they go "Damn! That's pretty awesome!" but they can't hold that up to prove affiliate marketing doesn't suck, because they've already made up all those lies to make it look like it does suck.

    And even though they've now got real evidence to make it look pretty cool, it's not as good as the evidence they made up, because it's real. You can always make up much better crap than you find in real life, can't you?

    I'm rambling. I've been drinking. Never mind.
    Signature
    "The Golden Town is the Golden Town no longer. They have sold their pillars for brass and their temples for money, they have made coins out of their golden doors. It is become a dark town full of trouble, there is no ease in its streets, beauty has left it and the old songs are gone." - Lord Dunsany, The Messengers
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2711993].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author DogScout
      Originally Posted by CDarklock View Post

      Congruence of message. Frank Kern, Core Influence.

      If there is one critical thing I would tell the brand new internet marketer who wants to be a major name, in any niche at all, it would be this...

      Be your message.

      If you think affiliate marketing is stupid but you don't have any evidence or experience, say that. Say exactly that.

      And if it turns out you were wrong and affiliate marketing is kind of awesome, then you can come back and say "Hey, I screwed up. I was wrong. Affiliate marketing is kind of awesome."

      But what do people always want to do? They want to exaggerate their evidence and experience so they can be right. So when they say affiliate marketing is stupid, they pull out all this overwhelming mountain of evidence they've just made up to support their position.

      And now, they've mailed one affiliate link to their list, and they basically got paid $300 for five minutes of work. So they go "Damn! That's pretty awesome!" but they can't hold that up to prove affiliate marketing doesn't suck, because they've already made up all those lies to make it look like it does suck.

      And even though they've now got real evidence to make it look pretty cool, it's not as good as the evidence they made up, because it's real. You can always make up much better crap than you find in real life, can't you?

      I'm rambling. I've been drinking. Never mind.
      Oh Yeah, The made up stuff is WAY kooler... and works better too!
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2731938].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author yukon
    Banned
    [DELETED]
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2712032].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Mike Hill
      Originally Posted by yukon View Post

      Dude, you fell for the oldest trick in the book!

      What's the fastest way to get someones attention?

      Answer: Tell them something they know isn't true.

      You opened the email, If you didn't buy anything he was still 50% successful in his campaign.

      Now look at the rest of the folks on that list, that really don't know the answer, & own a credit/debit card.

      The best way to draw attention to a product (or anything) is to get people stirred up.


      50% successful in his campaign still resulted in NO FREAKEN MONEY... Yeah I want that kind of success... LOL
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2712038].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author phpnetpro
        Originally Posted by Mike Hill View Post

        50% successful in his campaign still resulted in NO FREAKEN MONEY... Yeah I want that kind of success... LOL

        LOL Mike - well said, well said indeed.

        Sure, I want people to open my emails too but not at the expense of my reputation. What's the point in deceiving someone just to get them to a website where they realize the truth and THEN you want them to buy something?
        Signature
        Need more organic search traffic? SideBacon SEO Agency is a leading provider of Fort Myers SEO services to local businesses.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2717658].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author sylviad
          Originally Posted by phpnetpro View Post

          LOL Mike - well said, well said indeed.

          Sure, I want people to open my emails too but not at the expense of my reputation. What's the point in deceiving someone just to get them to a website where they realize the truth and THEN you want them to buy something?
          Soooo true. I'm sick of getting emails with deceptive subject lines designed to get me to open them. Recently, I've received quite a few that you are reluctant to pass simply because they make some threat, like "Your Account Has Been Cancelled" and others like it.

          Opening such an email and discovering it's says nothing of the sort does one thing: it gets added to my blocked senders list.

          And one I received the other day with the subject, "Pimpin' It" - oh, wait. That was from Paul Myers. I need to read that one day.

          Sylvia
          Signature
          :: Got a dog? Visit my blog. Dog Talk Weekly
          :: Writing, Audio Transcription Services? - Award-winning Journalist is taking new projects. Warrior Discounts!
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2731366].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author sparckyz
    Email marketing is dead...
    ...
    ...only joking!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2712049].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Mike Hill
      Originally Posted by sparckyz View Post

      Email marketing is dead...
      ...
      ...only joking!
      Yahoooooo! That's funny
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2712056].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Stephen Bray
    I wrote a comment on a blog the other day
    and received this e-mail in response.


    Personal Message From xxxxxx

    Hi Stephen Bray

    I just wanted to email you real quick and thankyou
    for taking the time to read my blog and more
    importantly take action to leave a comment.

    I certainly hope to see you back there soon, remember
    I update my blog weekly with brand new helpful content

    You should join my RSS feed... That way you'll never miss
    when I add new content as you'll get an automated email
    each time I post something new :-)

    Just head to this link now: feedburner.url

    I look forward to seeing more of you at my blog

    Best wishes, speak soon

    xxxxxxxxxx
    www.xxxxxxxxx.com

    Question, is this a personal message?

    Question, is the writer doing her or himself

    a favour by sending it?

    Stephen
    Signature
    Send me a DM, or visit my support desk to contact me: http://support.stephenbray.com
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2712093].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author CDarklock
      Originally Posted by Stephen Bray View Post

      Question, is this a personal message?
      No.

      Question, is the writer doing her or himself
      a favour by sending it?
      Yes.

      When that email is sent to someone who has just left their first comment on the blog, there are two possible responses.

      1. Nothing. This is not a loss. It is exactly what would happen if the email were not sent.

      2. Subscription to the RSS feed. This is a Good Thing. It is almost as good as an opt-in.

      So overall, this is a positive NPV. The worst thing that can happen is nothing.
      Signature
      "The Golden Town is the Golden Town no longer. They have sold their pillars for brass and their temples for money, they have made coins out of their golden doors. It is become a dark town full of trouble, there is no ease in its streets, beauty has left it and the old songs are gone." - Lord Dunsany, The Messengers
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2712141].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Mark Hess
      Originally Posted by Stephen Bray View Post

      I wrote a comment on a blog the other day
      and received this e-mail in response.


      Question, is this a personal message?

      Question, is the writer doing her or himself

      a favour by sending it?

      Stephen
      This can be done (for free) using the WP Comment Auto Responder: WordPress › WP Comment Auto Responder « WordPress Plugins
      Signature
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2714787].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Stephen Bray
        Originally Posted by Mark Hess View Post

        This can be done (for free) using the WP Comment Auto Responder: WordPress › WP Comment Auto Responder « WordPress Plugins
        Hey Mark,

        I knew at once it was a WP Plug-in.

        My point is so does everyone else, so
        why not say so. Why title it 'A personal
        message', it isn't it's an automatic
        message.


        Why not just write:

        "Hey it's awsome you visited my blog . . .

        . . . thank you.

        This message is just a reminder that
        you can see all my posts by subscribing
        at xxx.feedburner URL"

        Neater, honest, does the same job, and
        doesn't piss anyone off!

        Stephen
        Signature
        Send me a DM, or visit my support desk to contact me: http://support.stephenbray.com
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2715030].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author sal64
          Meh, sounds like a launch coming up.

          Same old, same old.

          This is dead... that is dead...

          Can't people be more original?

          The most creative one I've seen was Perry Marshall's: How to partner with Google. Now that was funny.
          Signature
          Internet Marketing: 20% Internet - 80% Marketing!
          You Won't See The Light Until You Open Your Eyes.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2715092].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author CurtisN
    Rants are dead.

    The only people who listen are people who at least care enough to read/post. Rants on this forum usually target everyone else
    Signature
    Curtis Ng (blog) - Product Launch Manager
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2712508].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author mcmahanusa
      This topic has inspired me to get the domain www.imamarketinggod.com, but then I realized - I'm not. (that domain is available, Caliban, if you're interested)

      Grab their attention, tell 'em something interesting and useful, then back it up with facts and solid information. If the original marketer was able to accomplish that, he was on target; if not, he wasn't.
      Signature

      Success is not to be pursued; it is to be attracted by the person you become - Jim Rohn

      Visit our beautiful gardens

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2712629].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author IndigoJack
    Was the Author John Reese?

    Most viewers click away from a video after 10 seconds.

    The vast majority of marketing emails are never opened, let alone read.

    And yet........
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2712666].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Michael Nguyen
    I've been reading too many academic journal articles regarding email for my final dissertation and trust me it NOT dead.
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2712734].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Fun to Write
    This is a revised version of the old "Adsense is Dead" marketing campaign that was popular a few years ago. It's all about marketing, and, selling you his newfangled product about the NEW way to do email marketing . . . without, um, actually marketing. Or something like that.
    Signature

    Focus+Smart Work+Persistence=Success

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2712895].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author davtom
    I agree with the comments about getting eyes on your web pages being half the battle.

    If you're an email marketer, your email is the first stage of the funnel, so you are looking for a good open rate. This is very hard to achieve in internet marketing, or at least, it is for me; many of mine are very poor.

    Sensationalist subject lines are bound to generate interest, and if you blatantly state something that isn't true, you're going to stir up enough emotion to get your email opened.

    If you have an excellent conversion rate on your sales copy, it doesn't matter if nobody looks at your sales page. If you have a rubbish conversion rate, it still might work out OK if loads of people look at your sales page.

    I've learned something in this thread. I just don't know how I'm going to apply it, but I'll let the idea gestate, and see what cooks...
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2713154].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author iw433
    You know, I think you are right, but I'm not sure.
    Signature

    Bill Skywalker Edwards
    Address-O-Lite

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2713170].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author JasonParker
    Funny how everything that's supposed to be "dead" is still alive and well.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2713207].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author newbim
    I think he meant to say that the computer industry is dead. All these teenagers with their ePods and their Facespace. Whatever happened to good old fashioned inconvenient door to door sales? Hiking round a dusty old neighbourhood with a vacum cleaner strapped to your back, selling dustpans on a down-sell? Incredibly inefficient, tiring and hard work. Nope - these computerised watsits with the interweb nonsense is just a passing fad. Lol - cheer up, he might have been wanting to rant about how HIS email marketing doesn't work - I don't know who he is, but it could be that, lol.
    Signature
    If what I said helps, let me know, throw me a 'thanks'.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2713237].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author cscarpero
    If its the same report I'm thinking of, I did actually read it. Its a ploy to sign you up in a texting MLM deal.

    The funny thing is I don't text so I've not quite bought into the theory that its taking over email.
    Signature

    I'm an online marketer and mortgage loan officer.

    Connect with me at www.Scarpero.com

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2713314].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author farfrombrooklyn
    The Internet Is Dead! sleepy sleepy time.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2713996].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Lance K
    Originally Posted by Mike Hill View Post


    Wait a minute... something doesn't sit right...

    If email marketing were dead then why would he want my email address yet again, after all by his own admission email marketing is dead and the open rate is less than 7%.
    Based on this shining example of incongruity, I'd say the 7% open rate is pretty self explanatory in his case.
    Signature
    "You can have everything in life you want if you will just help enough other people get what they want."
    ~ Zig Ziglar
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2714077].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author yharara
    The most phrase that annoys me is " I accidentally found this secret strategy that will work over and over" and then , not a red cent.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2714257].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Kevin_Hutto
    Until my generation physically dies, email will not be dead. And I hope to be around for quite a while... :-)
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2714340].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Dennis Gaskill
    Email marketing is not dead, but I wish the recent trend of people saying brilliant things like "email marketing is dead" or "the internet is dead" or "article marketing is dead" ... was a trend that was dead.
    Signature

    Just when you think you've got it all figured out, someone changes the rules.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2714430].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author CDarklock
      Originally Posted by Dennis Gaskill View Post

      Email marketing is not dead, but I wish the recent trend of people saying brilliant things like "email marketing is dead" or "the internet is dead" or "article marketing is dead" ... was a trend that was dead.
      That thing is not dead which can eternal lie,
      And with strange aeons even death may die.

      Oh, come on, I can't have been the ONLY person thinking it.
      Signature
      "The Golden Town is the Golden Town no longer. They have sold their pillars for brass and their temples for money, they have made coins out of their golden doors. It is become a dark town full of trouble, there is no ease in its streets, beauty has left it and the old songs are gone." - Lord Dunsany, The Messengers
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2714447].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Paul Myers
        CD,
        That thing is not dead which can eternal lie,
        And with strange aeons even death may die.
        [ahem] Speaking as a Great Old One, the correct quote is...

        That is not dead which can eternal lie,
        And with strange aeons even death may die.


        No 'thing' in the original. This does, however, remind me of where you seem familiar from. Abdul Alhazred, the Mad Arab...

        Fthagn!


        Paul

        PS: If we're going to talk about Elder squid-gods, shouldn't this be over in the Johnny Depp thread?
        Signature
        .
        Stop by Paul's Pub - my little hangout on Facebook.

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2717682].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Paul Buckley
          Originally Posted by Paul Myers View Post

          CD,[ahem] Speaking as a Great Old One, the correct quote is...

          That is not dead which can eternal lie,
          And with strange aeons even death may die.


          No 'thing' in the original. This does, however, remind me of where you seem familiar from. Abdul Alhazred, the Mad Arab...

          Fthagn!


          Paul

          PS: If we're going to talk about Elder squid-gods, shouldn't this be over in the Johnny Depp thread?
          There's a Johnny Depp thread? Why?

          The other day I saw a phone booth...with a rotary dial phone. The sad part is that I knew what it was and how to use it. It would baffle my 16 year old niece.
          Signature

          "Wise men speak because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something." -Plato

          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2717849].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author sal64
            Originally Posted by Paul Buckley View Post

            There's a Johnny Depp thread? Why?

            The other day I saw a phone booth...with a rotary dial phone. The sad part is that I knew what it was and how to use it. It would baffle my 16 year old niece.
            That's funny... yet painfully true. Told my son he was sounding like a broken record. should have seen his face.
            Signature
            Internet Marketing: 20% Internet - 80% Marketing!
            You Won't See The Light Until You Open Your Eyes.
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2717889].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author The Wanderer
          Originally Posted by Paul Myers View Post

          CD,[ahem] Speaking as a Great Old One, the correct quote is...

          That is not dead which can eternal lie,
          And with strange aeons even death may die.


          No 'thing' in the original. This does, however, remind me of where you seem familiar from. Abdul Alhazred, the Mad Arab...

          Fthagn!


          Paul

          PS: If we're going to talk about Elder squid-gods, shouldn't this be over in the Johnny Depp thread?
          A-a-r-g-g-h! Stab from the past... the last time I heard these fatal words pronounced I was 17 and parading around in a cape and silver lame. Sheesh. You had to remind me of that...

          P.S. Johnny Depp? Who he? He have a fanzine or something? Okay. I'm descending back into the depths of my elderhood now... Try not to wake me again. Mumble mumble, young squirts...
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2731315].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author SergeyZ
    Cthulhu marketing. Now there's an idea!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2714511].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author JonAlfredsson
    Posting this type of comments is a goof-proof way of catching attention. If this approach is already dead then software that is used in doing this should have also been “dead.”
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2717294].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author neodarth
    "email marketing is dead... unless you do it to MY way"

    "you'll never going to make money online!... unless you follow my system"

    "your sites are doomed... unless you use my hosting"

    old stuff...
    Signature
    ==> Negocios Estables en la Web Internet marketing en español.

    ==> Internet Marketing Newbie Created for IM virgins
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2717343].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author asnorth
      I thought the same thing when I saw that video after opening an affiliates email and clicking the link. As you say he then captures your email, lol.
      The method he was promoting looked interesting, however as it's for US business only it wasted 15 minutes of my life.
      Signature

      Connect with me on Google+

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2717378].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Nick Brighton
    A Good Tradesperson Never Blames His Tools...

    - forgotten source
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2717594].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author jbode
    There's a new study (just came out ) that says email is increasing on PC's but is less popular than social networking on smart phones, also compares rapidly growing countries and those growing slower

    read it here Social Media Now More Popular E-Mail on Mobile Devices [STATS]

    Does this mean emails dead? ...not by a long shot, although promoting junk and using deceptive tactics will most likely cause your response rate to drop if it hasn't already
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2717627].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Michisor
    Hi! You have a funny title, but it is true.
    Not only believe, this is not enough, you somehow must verify that what you believe is true.
    And, by the way, I don't like general sentences like "it is dead", because something which is true and valuable for me, can have no value for you.

    So, it is a tendency to find names for e-mail titles and digital products which are so shocking that the people will click... LOL Tell you a secret - all the time when I get an e-mail which don't tell me anything about the product in his title and copy I don't spend time to open it.

    If somebody want something from a reader that person must have the courtesy to communicate properly and tell white and black the purpose of e-mail, ebook and so on.

    Well this is just me, but I comment on this because I receive an average of 50 emails per day, and I open probably 10 of them:
    1) this means email marketingit is not dead
    2) and just playing with my curiosity it is not enough and fair
    regards
    Michey
    Signature

    Gray murky waters of Internet Marketing, love them:
    http://michaelacernescu.com
    http://mobile-profit.com/
    http://squidooeventlog.com
    Join me on Twitter http://twitter.com/Cernescu

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2717949].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Michael Mayo
    Originally Posted by Mike Hill View Post

    WARNING: email marketing is dead.
    I know, I know...

    My only subscriber passed away a few months a go. Guess I'll just have
    through in the proverbial towel/game plan.

    What's a guy to do?
    Have a Great Day!
    Michael
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2717993].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author magiclouie
    Everyone is just making their own strategy but the sad thing is that, some are trying to trick just to gain attention.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2731813].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Takuya Hikichi
      In my opinion, what should be dead about email marketing.

      Two things, please.
      1. Broadcast emails that don't use simple Awber feature to include/exclude that prevents dupe email from being sent to people on multiple email lists.
      2. Switching back and forth their FROM email address after making me white list so many times and still end up in Spam/Junk folder.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2732086].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author adrianhargray
    Thats just like how people say that article marketing is dead. But anybody that's doing it for a long while know that it's alive and kickin.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2731865].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Bildeberg
    Forum posting is dead, kids!

    You should all be getting this beamed directly into your brain from Twitter. Give up now while you have the chance!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2731905].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author fred67
    Originally Posted by Mike Hill View Post

    WARNING: Before you insist a marketing system is dead make sure you believe in what you're saying...

    I just watched a video about how email marketing is dead. Nice video, pleasant background music and the person seemed like he really knew what he was talking about.

    But then it hit me...

    He's claiming email marketing is dead and yet here are a few things that prove him wrong right in his own marketing campaign.

    1) I was made aware of the video because he EMAILED his list
    2) He offered a free report but still wanted to capture my EMAIL address

    Wait a minute... something doesn't sit right...

    If email marketing were dead then why would he want my email address yet again, after all by his own admission email marketing is dead and the open rate is less than 7%.

    If email marketing were dead then why didn't he give away the report without asking for my email address?

    Email marketing is dead? PLEASE... email marketing is NOT dead but the dynamics have sure changed over the years and they will continue to change but now with everyone having a smart phone email marketing is going to make a huge comeback in the way we communicate.

    PS. Nice to see he's using one of my tactics (contest) to increase the size of his LIST... ;-)
    DEAD is the new black isn't it?
    Just like "Sorry, I e-mailed you the wrong link in my last trillion E-mails - this is the correct one" - Right :-)
    Signature
    Free E-book Library/Business Promotion Resources
    http://fred67.com/library
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2733140].message }}

Trending Topics