10 replies
For those of you who are experts in Clickbank.....I know the key is to find a niche that has a high ranking gravity. But what if I found a niche that was of interest to me, but the ranking was extremely low?

For example, the one I was looking at, (not saying I'm gonna do it) only because my husband and my kids have a great interest in it is Manga (Japanese anime). The gravity is 5.45, but it's number one in its category according to ClickBank Engine.

Do you think one could profit off of a low gravity ranking niche like that? I've see quite a few of niches in Clickbank that I might be interested in that rank low in gravity like that, but too afraid to try them because you hear a lot of people who use Clickbank say not to use low gravity ones like that. What do you think?
#clickbank #gravity
  • Profile picture of the author NickP
    Low gravity can be an issue of three things:
    1) there aren't a great deal of marketers promoting it and thus minimum sales are made or
    2) the landing page doesn't convert

    If it's number 1 and your keyword research indicates a viable market, you might want to jump in.

    If the landing page doesn't convert, you might consider writing your own sales page and then direct linking to the checkout. I'm pretty sure this can still be done, but you'd be best served to get permission from the product owner as you don't want to make false claims.

    Best
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2720682].message }}
  • {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2720684].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Wayne
    Here is a youtube video which may help:
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2720800].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author freedumb
    There are a lot of vendors on clickbank that don't know how to get affiliates. If you don't have affiliates promoting your product, your gravity will suck. There are products on clickbank that make thousands per day and have 0 gravity because they have no affiliates. The nest thing is to test it for yourself.
    Signature

    Keep It Simple Stupid!

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2721529].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Alexa Smith
      Banned
      Originally Posted by freedumb View Post

      There are a lot of vendors on clickbank that don't know how to get affiliates. If you don't have affiliates promoting your product, your gravity will suck. There are products on clickbank that make thousands per day and have 0 gravity because they have no affiliates. The nest thing is to test it for yourself.
      ^^^ This. Exactly.

      There are also some really good products there with gravities in single figures which convert really well and make huge numbers of sales.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2721560].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Chri5123
    Originally Posted by Susanna Dodd View Post

    For those of you who are experts in Clickbank.....I know the key is to find a niche that has a high ranking gravity. But what if I found a niche that was of interest to me, but the ranking was extremely low?

    For example, the one I was looking at, (not saying I'm gonna do it) only because my husband and my kids have a great interest in it is Manga (Japanese anime). The gravity is 5.45, but it's number one in its category according to ClickBank Engine.

    Do you think one could profit off of a low gravity ranking niche like that? I've see quite a few of niches in Clickbank that I might be interested in that rank low in gravity like that, but too afraid to try them because you hear a lot of people who use Clickbank say not to use low gravity ones like that. What do you think?
    Just going back to your original post you say:

    "I know the key is to find a niche that has a high ranking gravity"

    No, the key is to find a niche that converts and then find a product that "fits" or sells well to the niche.

    Yes you can make a ton of $$$'s off of the lower gravity CB products and I just use it in most cases as an indicator of how that website does for affiliates.

    If you have found a niche and a good website that made you feel "Damm I would but that!" then give it a shot because this will make you way more money than checking the gravity of products.

    Hope this helps!

    P.S Build a list using the website you pick and then if it does not convert you still have the list you can use to promote another website

    All the best,

    Chris
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2721611].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Kevin_Hutto
    The first step is to let your husband and son see the page - see if they like it enough that they might pull out the cc... if so, you might have a winner.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2721650].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Susanna Dodd
      Originally Posted by Kevin_Hutto View Post

      The first step is to let your husband and son see the page - see if they like it enough that they might pull out the cc... if so, you might have a winner.
      I did. My husband said that he would not buy it cause he's seen the how to on YouTube. The site was about drawing manga. And he said that he saw videos on YouTube on how to draw them, so why would he waste his money?

      But surely there are other people out there who aren't smart enough to think that they can get the info on YouTube....

      Oh well, back to the drawing board. LOL
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2724695].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Nicola Lane
    Questions and comments regarding selecting click bank products and especially clickbank gravity come up here on a regular basis - so I have a standard reply which I hope will help.

    When it comes to Clickbank knowledge there are two Warriors whose knowledge really is outstanding - I recommend looking at posts made by them for helpful and above all accurate information:

    View Profile: Alexa Smith

    View Profile: Harvey.Segal

    A very helpful post on product selection (By Alexa Smith) can be found here:

    http://www.warriorforum.com/main-int...ml#post2161932

    A useful explanation of what gravity is actually telling you is here:

    http://www.warriorforum.com/main-int...ml#post2495251

    And for information from Clickbank for affiliates look here:

    Help Center: Affiliate Help Index
    Signature

    I like to keep an open mind, but not so open that my brains fall out

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2725336].message }}

Trending Topics