"All This Facebook Talk!"...

16 replies
So there has been a few threads here on facebook marketing and advertising and I want to personally share what I am currently doing with facebook.

I started a campaign last week for PPC. I approached it with caution because I've never dabbled with it before. So I set up an a campaign with 3 ads. (Since you can have multiple ads without having to pay extra and it allows you to see which ad is getting more clicks)

So far as of today I am averaging a 0.112% CTR on one ad. Which is pretty dam good! And leads are pouring in! This is only my own personal experience with this. I know there are people here who may think I'm full of **** but very frankly I can give a.. Never mind..

Like I said I have 3 ads within the same campaign and the other 2 are only getting a 0.028% and 0.014% CTR which I am tweaking as I speak to increase the CTR.

For those of you who would be interested check out the latest course being released on Facebook PPC by Jonathan Budd.

By the way, I won't mind snapping a screen shot with Jing to show you guys that I'm not bull****ting..

Ladies excuse my language..


Gerardo
#all this facebook talk #facebook #facebook advertising #facebook ppc
  • Profile picture of the author jan roos
    Cool beans! How do you capture your leads email addreses? Do you send them to a squeeze page or is there a way to have an opt in form on Facebook itself?

    Cheers
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2721938].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author lovemyth
      Originally Posted by jan roos View Post

      Cool beans! How do you capture your leads email addreses? Do you send them to a squeeze page or is there a way to have an opt in form on Facebook itself?

      Cheers
      You can set up a capture form right within your profile which is cool because that way you get new followers plus leads. In a sense they are double leads since you can instantly email EVERYONE in your fan page at the same time, like an autoresponder.

      Right now I am sending them to a capture page. But I am working on my fan page to add to the campaigns.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2722378].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author jan roos
        Thanks for getting back with me. One more question.

        How do u get your Getresponse or Aweber form into your fan page. Is it as simple as just pasting it in somewhere?

        Cheers
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2722413].message }}
        • Originally Posted by jan roos View Post

          Thanks for getting back with me. One more question.

          How do u get your Getresponse or Aweber form into your fan page. Is it as simple as just pasting it in somewhere?

          Cheers
          Jan,

          You can add an opt in form once you add the Static FBML Application to your page. Once you add that you can create seperate landing pages or just pages in general as additional tabs. You can search for it in Facebook under apps.

          With that app you can add FBML which is just basically facebooks version of HTML to your page which allows you to add Opt In forms or whatever you want.

          Hope that helps.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2722631].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author jan roos
            Originally Posted by Chad Heffelfinger View Post

            Jan,

            You can add an opt in form once you add the Static FBML Application to your page. Once you add that you can create seperate landing pages or just pages in general as additional tabs. You can search for it in Facebook under apps.

            With that app you can add FBML which is just basically facebooks version of HTML to your page which allows you to add Opt In forms or whatever you want.

            Hope that helps.
            Sweet! Might have to give it another go but collect contact details this time. Thanks for the help.

            Cheers
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2722651].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author lovemyth
            Originally Posted by Chad Heffelfinger View Post

            Jan,

            You can add an opt in form once you add the Static FBML Application to your page. Once you add that you can create seperate landing pages or just pages in general as additional tabs. You can search for it in Facebook under apps.

            With that app you can add FBML which is just basically facebooks version of HTML to your page which allows you to add Opt In forms or whatever you want.

            Hope that helps.

            You Got it! That is right..
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2723060].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Justin Goff
    Originally Posted by lovemyth View Post

    So there has been a few threads here on facebook marketing and advertising and I want to personally share what I am currently doing with facebook.

    I started a campaign last week for PPC. I approached it with caution because I've never dabbled with it before. So I set up an a campaign with 3 ads. (Since you can have multiple ads without having to pay extra and it allows you to see which ad is getting more clicks)

    So far as of today I am averaging a 0.112% CTR on one ad. Which is pretty dam good! And leads are pouring in! This is only my own personal experience with this. I know there are people here who may think I'm full of **** but very frankly I can give a.. Never mind..

    Like I said I have 3 ads within the same campaign and the other 2 are only getting a 0.028% and 0.014% CTR which I am tweaking as I speak to increase the CTR.

    For those of you who would be interested check out the latest course being released on Facebook PPC by Jonathan Budd.

    By the way, I won't mind snapping a screen shot with Jing to show you guys that I'm not bull****ting..

    Ladies excuse my language..


    Gerardo
    Make sure you keep testing your images and get your ads up around .2+.

    Test 30 images at least and you'll probably get there pretty easily. Dont be afraid to push the envelope with some "provocative" pictures

    - Justin
    Signature
    The 31 Day Fat Loss Cure (Affiliates Click Here) - Affiliates are crushing it with our new sales video ($52 Avg Payout). This is the highest paying fat loss product on Clickbank!

    My highly entertaining and FREE podcast about making money online. Check it out -> Marketing.Mayhem.Money
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2722529].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author lovemyth
      Originally Posted by Justin Goff View Post

      Make sure you keep testing your images and get your ads up around .2+.

      Test 30 images at least and you'll probably get there pretty easily. Dont be afraid to push the envelope with some "provocative" pictures

      - Justin

      I have been testing that and HOLY CRAP! It makes a huge difference in CTR. Another "trick" is to post that same image on your capture page..
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2723066].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author lovemyth
    BY THE WAY.. For serious network marketers who use PPC.. Facebook is going to blow google out of the water!

    Honestly, google just got out of hand banning and slapping marketers left and right like an angry pimp!

    Get this, Mike Dillard has a google rep working on his team to make sure his sites are up to par, a week after submitting a website for review and being approved, google slapped him!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2725551].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author eiilers
    Just out of curiosity, what is your niche that you are advertising on Facebook (if you don't mind mentioning it)? You mentioned it is leads, so I am assuming it is a service?
    Signature
    Steve Eilers
    Boost Marketing Group LLC
    www.boostGR.com

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2725643].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author lovemyth
      Originally Posted by eiilers View Post

      Just out of curiosity, what is your niche that you are advertising on Facebook (if you don't mind mentioning it)? You mentioned it is leads, so I am assuming it is a service?

      I am in the network/internet marketing niche. Basically working with other marketers.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2727911].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author dremora
    Hint: Use the ancient ugly yellow background+black test. It works!
    Another thing that works is the ugly snot green background.

    Don't bother with fancy graphics, make something that will stand out. The above examples stand out like a sore thumb!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2727942].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author JonAlfredsson
    I already checked this concept and I think it makes sense when it comes to tweaking your Facebook ads. I agree with the concept of making your advertisement stand out to increase traffic.
    Signature

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2730078].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author sarahberra
    Facebook is great for sharing photos with family and friends, but I don't use it for marketing. I have never figured out the trick to social marketing. I do share some of my articles and get good feedback though. I don't think it's the best marketing tool out there.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2730092].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author misohoni
      Facebook won't be as big as Google - my 2 cents. The reason is FB is inaccessible in alot of countries around the world (one biggie is China)...huge market loss.

      Also if you're attracting users with lime green/toxic colours, people will click out of interest - but are these the actual people you're trying to target.

      Giving a clean, honest advert should lead to more conversions right?
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3552527].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Rob Bright
    Facebook can and will work as a marketing platform but only to allow you to distribute your content such as videos and articles, the trick is to obviousley be adding targeted friends consistently, sharing an article with only 200 friends that have no interest in your niche wont cut it, in my opinion you need 2000 minimum to gain any sort of headway, and the content of course must be good.

    Great source for fan page creation with lead captures in fiverr.com get someone to do it for you for five bucks bargain.
    Signature

    ** Still Struggling Online? **
    Find Out What The Successful Know And Do!!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3552633].message }}

Trending Topics