Let's try this again but in a different format. My first thread got deleted. Let me show you how I made $10,000+ (actual commissions to me were $1,000+) in sales for the last 2 months. I will post questions that I have had in the past when I buy different WSO’s and answer them. Hopefully, this will be a good learning opportunity for those in the forum that have yet to make money in IM.
What was your niche?
My niche was Halloween. All of the sites that I put up were based on costumes, wigs, etc.
Is your system unique? What program did you follow for your system?
My system is not unique. I followed Brain Johnson’s Commission Ritual to produce my results. I am not sure if this product is still for sale or not. If it is, I highly recommend it. If it is not, there is a follow up course called Halloween Super Affiliate. I don’t have that course but if it is anything like Commission Ritual, it is probably worth getting. More info here:
The great thing about his course is that I believe it can be implemented for holidays other than Halloween. Also, Brian is a great teacher and breaks everything down clear and to the point.
How many sites did you make?
I made a total of 27 sites but only 17 of the sites produced sales. Of those 17 sites, the range of commissions were from $150+ for the 2 months to $5.
How did you monetize your sites?
What did you do to rank your sites?
I used my own small blog network to get the sites initially indexed. Then I used profile links to do the heavy lifting for me.
Did you outsource anything?
Yes, I outsourced just about everything.
1. Content – I used SEO Generals. You can find them on the forum. Top notch company and highly recommended!!!
2. Backlinks – I used Backlinks Philippines. I think they are on the forum. I have used others and Backlinks Philippines in THE BEST IMHO.
3. Site Building – I did this myself.
What platform did you use to build your sites?
All sites were built on the wordpress platform. IMO it’s the fastest and easiest way to build sites.
What wordpress theme did you use?
I use flex squeeze. I pretty sure you can find a discount here on the forum for that. You don’t necessarily need that theme, but it does give you the freedom to easily change the layout and look of your website from an easy to use interface.
What plugins did you use?
1. All in One SEO Pack
2. Contact Form 7
3. Google XML Sitemaps (could never get this to work for me)
4. ILWP Simple Link Cloaker
5. WP Super Cache (I am really not sure why I installed this)
What were your SERPS rankings?
At one point or another, the majority of my sites (80-90%) were all ranked in the top 5. At some point Google pushed some back to the 2nd page, some stayed in the top 5 and some were completely thrown out of the SERPS. I am not sure why this happened but my thought is that the site templates were too similar and Google starts to filter sites like these after a while. I don’t know that for a fact though. Just speculation.
How long did it take for you to rank well in the SERPS?
Not long at all. It took about 3 weeks to a month or so to get many of the sites to top 5 status, with many of the site holding the #1 spot. Some even got a double listing (#1 & #2) before Google took them away. IMO this was directly related to keyword research and the level of competition that was in front of me at the time. You will probably read this over and over on the forum but keyword research is THE MOST IMPORTANT TASK! Get this wrong and your done before you begin.
How many pages of content did you use?
Most sites have 3-4 pages (including the homepage) of unique content and the customary about us, contact us, disclaimer and privacy pages.
How long were the articles?
Most were about 400-500 words.
1. KEYWORDS: I made sure that all the keywords I was targeting were going to be easy to rank for.
a. Made sure the top 1 or 2 spots in the SERPS only had approx. 10 backlinks or less. The less links the better.
b. Made sure there were no top level domains (TLDs) in the top 5 of the SERPS.
2. TRAFFIC: I tried to guestimate using the GAKT if the keyword would get enough traffic to be worth going after. I looked for spikes in traffic on the GAKT for October of last year. Here is a snapshot of a good keyword I would go after:
3. ONPAGE SEO: This is very important IMO and should not be over looked. I Include the following:
a. A link to the homepage using the main keyword.
b. A link to an inner page containing the main keyword.
c. Title tag containing the main keyword and other relevant keywords.
d. H1 tag containing the main keyword.
e. H2 tag containing the main keyword.
f. First word on the page is the main keyword (the H1 tag).
g. Last word on the page is the main keyword.
h. Links to pages discussing related keywords.
1. TAKE ACTION: I am one of those people that want to get everything perfect before I try something. I sit there and plan things out for so long that more often than not, I wind up not doing anything at all. Don’t be like me. Get out there and make your mistakes. It is the only real way that you are going to learn this IM thing. It’s great to get advice from the “gurus” but you will never know for sure if you don’t take action!
2. SLOW DOWN: I have a habit of trying to put up WAY to many sites at once. This time around I think I put up 20 sites first and then tackled the next 7. I was constantly juggling in my mind and trying to keep notes on which sites were already SEO’d, which sites needed more content, which sites needed this and which sites needed that. Next time, I think I will only deal with a hand full of sites at a time. That way I can keep some sort of sanity.
3. KEYWORDS: As everyone has probably noticed now, the GAKT (Google Adwords Keyword Tool) has changed. I would say for the better. Prior to the change it was sort of a crap shoot to figure out how many searches a particular keyword was getting because the numbers were inflated. Now, the numbers seem to be a little more realistic. What I will do is compare the numbers that GAKT gives me now, to the actual visitors that I received for the last 2 months. This will give me a good bench mark to see what keywords I can go after next year (and maybe this Christmas as well).
4. DOMAIN: Don’t get caught up in the exact match domain names. It is a bonus if you have them, but if you don’t you can still get by. I made money with exact match domains and without exact match domains. The key is to make sure your on page SEO and your off page SEO is solid.
Well, I think that is about it but I know I probably left some things out. If you have any questions, ask away. Hopefully I will be able to answer any questions that you may be having that could clear up some confusion and get you on the right path.
~To Your Success