He went into what he thought of his boss, and how he was about to lose his job and started asking questions about my business/s online.
I thought great....here we go again! But he asked a question that I have not thought about for a long time, and its a strategy that I used when I got started and I still use it today several years later. He asked "What is the best way You make money online?"
I replied "Simple, I give away a few killer secrets FREE!" He looked at me funny but then I began to explain.
You have to do this right, alot of people get it wrong, and fail miserably, but if you know what you are doing, your freebie can go viral, get thousands of people on your list, and get people talking about your product even when you are not at the computer. So why not experience this first hand!
- Give away Free stuff that will act like a buffer and actually help people get closer to what they want. Lose weight, a behaving dog, a better relationship etc. Think like them, and become them if you have too.
- Make sure that you give them a simple laid out plan. For some reason and i do not know why, people love to be told what to do and how to do it. Psychologically we are like robots and like to be given certain laid out plans. Like "9 steps to ......." or "5 secret steps to having......"
- Your freebie has to actually work & help them, not just be an old outdated txt file you found on your computer or a PLR. DO NOT just give away free stuff for the sake of the freebie seekers you know are out there. Actually try to make a difference and help them get results. Their way of thinking about you and your business will totally change if you can do this. They will start thinking "whoa! if this is what I can do with this Dude's free stuff, imagine what I can do with his paid program, or membership stuff!!"
- Make sure you get to the point quickly and give them one or two quick powerful tricks to keep them intrested. I have found to many people click off my blog posts or free videos if I do not state what I am about to do in the first 10 seconds or so. Sound enthusiastic, and give them benefits straight away, otherwise they will think you are just another moron trying to sell them stuff.
- Use Pdf's but video and a bright bubbly friendly voice works 5 times better for me. Audio does well, but video has gotten so big recently, the trick I use is to get the best tips from my free PDF and turn them into videos with live action and your voice narrating it. People love this, and can see a replay of what they need to do. It works like CRAZY! Sometimes I have gone over to Ezine articles and go my most viewed articles and turned them into videos. WHY? well you know if lots of people are looking at your articles, they will probably want to see a video as well....for more powerful know how, and to make it easier for them to learn.
- Use a reverse squeeze page. I mean use video on your squeeze page to get higher optins for your free report. Dont try to sell them. Give them maybe 1 snippet secret on video, and then say "If you want more cool free stuff fill in your name and email below" and give them access to more of your cool stuff as A PDF report. Tell them. This will increase your optin rates for the PDF and then they are now on your list. If you have even a half decent autoresponder series, and have already helped them out with the free stuff, then there is a high chance of them pulling out their credit card, as they go through your sales funnel. Fancy that!!!
- Work with their subconscious and not against it!!!. They want to know the who, what, when, why and how? so show them, to remove any doubts they may have deep down. Act like you have known them a long time, and use language that promotes a friend talking to a friend. Not a used salesman trying to con his next victim to buying the old lemon at the back of the yard. You have to come across as a friend showing a friend, calm, relaxed with a clear message. This is the opposite of what 90% of online marketers do!! Racey, buy, buy, this shiney object is something you can't live without!!! sheesh!
- Do not be afraid to give it away. Do not hold on to that inner secret thinking you don't want it out there. That is the wrong way to think. You want people on your list. You want people talking about your product, you want to help people get results dont you. That is the whole meaning of the freebie to make you more money down the line. Its good karma too, if you believe in that i guess.
- In Your reports, add hyperlinks to recommended affiliate programs. This works well, but you cannot make it look blatantly obvious. Do not, and i mean do not use affiliate web addresses. This turns people off instantly, and they can tell you are trying to sell them something. On free PDF's I use links on my PDF's like "This is lowest priced autoresponder service I like" and make it a clickable link to your affiliate page. Never use your direct affiliate ID as a hyperlink.
- Be honest, caring, friendly, relaxed, entertaining, funny. Free Video gives you the power to do this, and people respond to this sort of FREE content like bees to honey. I sometimes piggyback off popular funny videos or hot topics I find in google trends. Its seems to work well. Entertain them and help them...if you can do that you will have a fan for life!!!
In summary I try to Please them, add positivity, generate feedback go deep below & help.