Low Ezine CTR - Appreciate Any Helpful Ideas

13 replies
Hi warriors,

Hope to get some help here. I'll make this quick.

I'm experiencing some CTR difficulties with my Ezine article marketing. As of now it's less than 10% CTR (almost 600 articles views). Apart from the content, I believe it gotta have something, if not a lot, to do with the resource box.

Basically I write (copy would be a better word) my resource box from headlines on sales pages for the product that I promote. I usually start my signature with something like "Need even more ideas on blahblahblah? then you really need to check this out. Then the [headline], come to my site for a free report and stuff"

My question is: Is a signature like this appealing to the readers (at all)? Also, I would really appreciate any ideas, suggestions or just your thoughts on how to improve a signature like this, especially some specific examples. That would be really nice.

Thanks in advance for any helpful input!

Fanyun
#ctr #ezine #helpful #ideas #low
  • Profile picture of the author Margo Tuul
    If your signature or author bio is something like "John White is expert in ... and teaches you ...", then nobody cares about it. Trust me. Change it to " Get this super awesome ...". This is where your call to action needs to be, so you can't talk about who is John. "get it, grab this, get it while you can"...are my favorites. Make your gift or product name something special and i'm sure your CTR will increase a lot.

    Also just when you finish your article body, make last phrase as bold. For example "Make sure you use some proven method, or you waste all your time and money" (make it bold). It will be like a sub-headline for your author bio. Gets their eye fast

    Then author bio "get this proven step by step method on how..."

    Hope you get the idea...
    Signature

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2805533].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author tpw
      On EzineArticles, it is tough, because EZA weighs down your article with 7 Adsense blocks -- usually about 42 ads per page...

      Before EZA had so many Adsense blocks, CTR's were much higher from EZA...

      There are five elements to a successful article, as described in my Article Marketing ebooks, shown in my signature:

      1. A title that attracts the click from a reader;

      2. The opening paragraph that convinces the visitor to keep reading;

      3. The article body, that serves the purpose of keeping the readers' interest until the end of the article;

      4. The closing paragraph of the article must bridge the reader from the article to the Authors' Resource Box; and

      5. The Resource Box. The Resource Box must convince the reader to visit your website. Ideally, your Resource Box will convince the reader to go to your website with specific expectations about what you want them to do...

      There is never enough room in your Resource Box to sell your offer, so use the Resource Box to get the reader to your website, and let your website sell your offer...

      When readers see the Author's Name shared, they will typically stop reading at that point... So make it a point to move the Author's Name to the end of the Resource Box...
      Signature
      Bill Platt, Oklahoma USA, PlattPublishing.com
      Publish Coloring Books for Profit (WSOTD 7-30-2015)
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2805609].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author kongming
        Originally Posted by tpw View Post

        On EzineArticles, it is tough, because EZA weighs down your article with 7 Adsense blocks -- usually about 42 ads per page...

        Before EZA had so many Adsense blocks, CTR's were much higher from EZA...

        There are five elements to a successful article, as described in my Article Marketing ebooks, shown in my signature:

        1. A title that attracts the click from a reader;

        2. The opening paragraph that convinces the visitor to keep reading;

        3. The article body, that serves the purpose of keeping the readers' interest until the end of the article;

        4. The closing paragraph of the article must bridge the reader from the article to the Authors' Resource Box; and

        5. The Resource Box. The Resource Box must convince the reader to visit your website. Ideally, your Resource Box will convince the reader to go to your website with specific expectations about what you want them to do...

        There is never enough room in your Resource Box to sell your offer, so use the Resource Box to get the reader to your website, and let your website sell your offer...

        When readers see the Author's Name shared, they will typically stop reading at that point... So make it a point to move the Author's Name to the end of the Resource Box...
        Hi tpw, thanks for your valuble insights. I agree that adsense makes EZine articles a lot less readable... And I think you are making a good point on that readers stop reading when they see author's name. Didn't think about that.

        Thanks again!
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2808573].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author kongming
      Originally Posted by Margo24 View Post

      If your signature or author bio is something like "John White is expert in ... and teaches you ...", then nobody cares about it. Trust me. Change it to " Get this super awesome ...". This is where your call to action needs to be, so you can't talk about who is John. "get it, grab this, get it while you can"...are my favorites. Make your gift or product name something special and i'm sure your CTR will increase a lot.

      Also just when you finish your article body, make last phrase as bold. For example "Make sure you use some proven method, or you waste all your time and money" (make it bold). It will be like a sub-headline for your author bio. Gets their eye fast

      Then author bio "get this proven step by step method on how..."

      Hope you get the idea...
      Hi Margo thanks for your tips. Specific, to-the-point, totally agree with your ideas. I will bold last phrase for sure.

      Combined with Solag's input, I think you two have made it very clear about the basic rules of CTR. Thanks a bunch!
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2808591].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Slin
    Here do it like this.

    so this is your article, article, more information here, and here, and i'm sure you'll have a lot of paragraphs but this is just an example of your article. oh that's it, the end. Let's do your resource box.

    Want to learn how to get amazing CTR?

    Come check out my website for some free videos that show you how I get high CTR which allows me to make insane amounts of money!

    there you go, that's how it works, make the beginning of your resource box bold.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2805934].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Solag
    kongming,

    take a look at this article that I wrote a while back.

    Farmville Cash - How to Get More Free FV Cash Quickly

    I have roughly 50% CTR for all of my articles that are formatted like so.

    Hope this helps.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2805992].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author kongming
      Originally Posted by Solag View Post

      kongming,

      take a look at this article that I wrote a while back.

      Farmville Cash - How to Get More Free FV Cash Quickly

      I have roughly 50% CTR for all of my articles that are formatted like so.

      Hope this helps.
      Thanks for your article, Solag, that helps clarifying a lot. I have noticed that you use the last paragraph to presell the report already, and include strong call to action in the following resource box. Lesson learned.

      Out of curiosity, though, may I know the reason for you to link the keyword to squidoo (instead of your own site) in your resource box?

      Anyway, I'll follow your structure right away, thanks for your help!

      For those who might be interested in CTA(call to action), this morning I found an interesting (and beautifully designed) post on some CTA improvement tests.

      Here's the address: You should follow me on twitter | Dustin Curtis

      Hope that helps.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2808548].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author webspider20
    On all my articles I always put something that gives a call to action on one link and on the other link I will make sure I put my name and site url in it to give site recognition, but I do this because I am trying to build a brand and community.
    Signature
    Make Money Quickly - DormRoomCash.com

    Small Coffee Tables - Everything you need when it comes to coffee tables!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2808640].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Slin
    It links to the squidoo page that IS his website, that way he doesn't have to pay for it

    I do it all the time, good way to make extra affiliate money.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2808807].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Solag
    kongming,

    I have tested different links and the squidoo link out performed all the rest for some reason (i never found out why)

    That's why I used it..lol
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2814706].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author FSchmieder
    A lot of great tips in here. Two things: if the article isn't catching enough, people will click away before getting to the resource box.

    The other thing that I do is something like "if you never discover how to properly do x, then y problem will be with you forever" in my closing paragraph and then my resource box says "click here to discover how you can do x and cure y forever."

    Like "if you never learn how to write catchy articles and great resource boxes, your I'M career is doomed from the start"

    Click here to discover simple article marketing secrets that literally forces traffic to your websites with credit cards in hand
    Signature
    Article Marketers: Instantly Leverage Your Work And See An Explosion In Traffic And Sales

    Click Here to discover how
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2815318].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Mangozoom
    It's all about how you lay the article out, keywords used, formatting and the hook.

    Keep learning and growing, don't give up on article marketing either.

    I get massive CTR's, traffic and sales using this method.

    John
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2816023].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author RentItNow
    Test resource boxes. Use things u would not normally use as well. I have had basically the same article (just reworded) and and had one have 10% and another 50% ctr. Only difference was a couple words in resource box. Test Test Test stay with one that works.
    Signature
    I have no agenda but to help those in the same situation. This I feel will pay the bills.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2816089].message }}

Trending Topics