Warriors, you don't HAVE to sell "make money online" products in the MMO niche

by Joshua Rigley Banned
26 replies
Many people seem to have a limited mindset when it comes to selling products in a certain niche, such as make money online.

What some people don't seem to realize is that there are MANY products and services that you can offer in this niche, and do well with.

I've compiled a small list of different products you can sell in the MMO niche that have nothing to do with making money. Free fell to add your own.

  • Script Installation Guide - Know how to install wordpress, RAP, or any other scripts? Write a guide about it. Many IM'ers don't have a clue on how to install any web script, and would gladly pay to have someone show them.
  • Technical Guides - Whether it would be domain registration, website creation, and so on. Whatever you are knowledgeable about.
  • Writing Improvement - Writing is a HUGE part of IM. Whether it's sales letter tips, or templates, you can make good money selling these kind of products.
  • Brainstorming services - Are you a creative thinker? Chances are some product creator needs help thinking of new ideas for their next product or service
It's a tiny list, but it should hopefully give you a few ideas on what you can offer. In all honesty, I've just scratched the surface here.

Joshua
#make money online #mmo #niche #products #sell #warriors
  • Nice post Joshua! This one has always bothered me as well, people seem to think that the only thing to sell in this niche is "How I made ____ amount of dollars in ____ amount of time", but it isn't. There are a lot of things to cover and help out with that have nothing to do with how much money you've made or how much success you've had.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2807839].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Shannon Herod
      I have been preaching this for a very long time.

      I've been doing this a very long time and to this day don't have a real "make money product"

      I do however have a couple products in this niche. they are just centered around different things. Like my flagship product in this market... Blog with Success.

      Is the best WordPress installation and setup guide on the market today and has absolutely nothing to do about making money. Although, I show you how to monetize your blogs through it, but it is not in the Main selling point.

      That product has sold over 10,000 copies and is still going strong.

      Talk soon,

      Shannon Herod
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2807901].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author wfhblueprints
    Many people simply focus on the make money in x amount of time format, because they think that people want that type of product.....

    I'm sure that many people do......

    But the internet marketer niche has so many untapped product angles that it is actually pretty unreal!

    Regards

    Chris
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2807931].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Jean Clemens
    Nice post. You are so right. There are so many niches in the niches, that you only need to use your imagination.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2807975].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author carolbacken
      Originally Posted by misel View Post

      Nice post. You are so right. There are so many niches in the niches, that you only need to use your imagination.
      I agree Misel. Yes, there are still many products which are still untapped.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2809178].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author genietoast
        Yeah. I've kind of migrated to selling tools, templates or services. I still love the IM niche, though.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2809207].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author John Henderson
    This is spooky, Joshua -- the info products I'm working on at the moment are all centred upon creative skills/techniques in the MMO niche!

    One difficulty I have is knowing how to price such products; often, the potential income offered by those "Earn $X,000 in X weeks" products is used to determine the appropriate asking price for the information. However, that isn't possible for MMO products that aren't promising direct returns... :confused:
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2808005].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Joshua Rigley
      Banned
      Originally Posted by John Henderson View Post

      This is spooky, Joshua -- the info products I'm working on at the moment are all centred upon creative skills/techniques in the MMO niche!

      One difficulty I have is knowing how to price such products; often, the potential income offered by those "Earn ,000 in X weeks" products is used to determine the appropriate asking price for the information. However, that isn't possible for MMO products that aren't promising direct returns... :confused:
      It can be a little tricky. You just need to find out the product's value. For example, if it saved the user 1 hour of time per day, and the user in question made $100 per hour, that product would be worth thousands over the period of a year.

      What are the benefits of your product? How do they make your client's businesses more profitable? There's your deciding factor on price.

      In most cases, you can charge as much as, or more, than what you'd charge for traditional MMO products.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2808189].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author phpnetpro
    This is a nice list and I believe you're completely right here. I run some lists of my own, one of which is in the MMO niche. I also follow a number of other lists (not to buy or learn really, just to see what others are up to). I hardly ever see anything non-MMO related being promoted and frankly I don't think it crosses many people's minds.

    Well done for your intelligent thought and thanks again for sharing it with everyone else. It is surely something I will think about and may even have some application to other niches as well.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2808047].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Chiayee
    I used to have small success promoting hosting package(as an affiliate) to newbies
    Signature

    Nothing to see here

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2808175].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author mark keeler
    Good advice. Seems like make money online guides are a dime a dozen.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2808212].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Apollo77
      Sound advice, I always try to think outside the box and go where fewer others go. There are so many things that are attached to each niche that you could conceivably make money from, you just have to put yourself in the customers shoes.

      Try to remember what it was like when you first started IM and what problems plagued you.Chances are many people run into those same problems, and where there's a problem, a solution is needed, and most of the time you can profit by providing that solution.

      Cheers!
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2808278].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Mike Murphy
      The funny thing is that you could release the worlds best written, most useful product ever offered and many people will pass over it because it isn't the latest "shiny new thing" that will supposedly earn them $xxxx per month in xx days.

      For some, the next piece of the puzzle that they actually need to learn could be right under their nose and they'll miss it cause they're staring at the $ signs.

      Sad but true.

      Case in point, look at the two in my sig file. Guess which one has sold better? Both are great products and people REALLY should be using the tactics form the second one but they're either jaded or lazy. Bummer.
      Signature
      Guitar PLR - New MONSTER Guitar Video PLR Pack![LIMITED]
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2808299].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Michael Mayo
        Mike, That's what happens when people become Jaded and lose their way.
        All we can hope for is that some get lucky and at least 1 out of 100 follow
        through and find a pot of gold!

        Have a Great Day!
        Originally Posted by Mike Murphy View Post

        The funny thing is that you could release the worlds best written, most useful product ever offered and many people will pass over it because it isn't the latest "shiny new thing" that will supposedly earn them per month in xx days.

        For some, the next piece of the puzzle that they actually need to learn could be right under their nose and they'll miss it cause they're staring at the $ signs.

        Sad but true.

        Case in point, look at the two in my sig file. Guess which one has sold better? Both are great products and people REALLY should be using the tactics form the second one but they're either jaded or lazy. Bummer.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2808347].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Michael Mayo
    Another way would be to give them a resource to find MMO products they are already looking for...lol
    (Shameless Plug)...Sorry I couldn't resist. At least I admitted it!

    Have a Great Day!
    Michael
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2808293].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author James Foster
    You don't have to sell down (ie guru selling to a newbie) - you can also sell across... to your peers.

    Think about the stuff you need in your business. If you need it, it's likely others do to. If you fill a common need, you can make a pretty penny.

    Think about Robert Plank's Action Pop-Ups .... he's selling that to his peers (other advanced marketers with their own sites and products) and I bet he makes a killing doing it.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2808396].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Bill Farnham
      Originally Posted by James Foster View Post

      You don't have to sell down (ie guru selling to a newbie) - you can also sell across... to your peers.

      Think about the stuff you need in your business. If you need it, it's likely others do to. If you fill a common need, you can make a pretty penny.
      Wise words, James.

      Take a look at one of the new forum sections here...http://www.warriorforum.com/warrior-...ponsor-offers/ you can easily see the #1 blockbuster of the new section was Tiffany Dow's PLR offer. (check out the # of views)

      Now, was that because she chopped the price, or because it was Tiff making the offer, or was it because that's what the hungry crowd wanted?

      A little of all to be sure, but a good offer at a good price is useless unless you have a hungry crowd.

      ~Bill
      Signature
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2808460].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Joshua Rigley
        Banned
        Originally Posted by Bill Farnham View Post

        Wise words, James.

        Take a look at one of the new forum sections here...http://www.warriorforum.com/warrior-forum-sponsor-offers/...and you can easily see the #1 blockbuster of the new section was Tiffany Dow's PLR offer. (check out the # of views)

        Now, was that because she chopped the price, or because it was Tiff making the offer, or was it because that's what the hungry crowd wanted?

        A little of all to be sure, but a good offer at a good price is useless unless you have a hungry crowd.

        ~Bill
        Sadly, that seems to be the case. It seems that unless there is a specific income in the title, it won't sell.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2808750].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Bill Farnham
          Originally Posted by Joshua Rigley View Post

          Sadly, that seems to be the case. It seems that unless there is a specific income in the title, it won't sell.
          Josh,

          Just for clarity's sake the title Tiff had for her offer was:
          Celebrate the New Section with $5 PLR for ANY Pack - Even Mega!
          She has closed the offer so the thread now reads "Closed", but my point was about serving up an offer to a hungry crowd.

          She obviously succeeded. And without any hype in the title.

          ~Bill
          Signature
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2808797].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author Joshua Rigley
            Banned
            Bill,

            That's true. But as you said, Tiffany has name recognition. And her products are in high demand.

            Still, you're absolutely right. Of course, finding an offer that the audience is hungry for can be really tricky sometimes.
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2808820].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author Kevin Riley
              True. One of my big long-term sellers has been a guide I created to installing the $7 Secrets script. Not a guide to making money, but a guide to using one of the tools for your business. It sold tons upon release and keeps selling and selling (it's been out for over 3 years now).
              Signature
              Kevin Riley, Kevin Riley Publishing, Osaka, Japan


              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2808986].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Janice Sperry
        Originally Posted by Bill Farnham View Post

        Wise words, James.

        Take a look at one of the new forum sections here...http://www.warriorforum.com/warrior-forum-sponsor-offers/...and you can easily see the #1 blockbuster of the new section was Tiffany Dow's PLR offer. (check out the # of views)

        Now, was that because she chopped the price, or because it was Tiff making the offer, or was it because that's what the hungry crowd wanted?

        A little of all to be sure, but a good offer at a good price is useless unless you have a hungry crowd.

        ~Bill
        Actually the hilaroius "I Have Nothing To Sell" post has had the most views. (You were right of course not to count that one to make your point - which I agree with.)
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2808793].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Bill Farnham
          Originally Posted by Janice Sperry View Post

          Actually the hilaroius "I Have Nothing To Sell" post has had the most views. (You were right of course not to count that one to make your point - which I agree with.)
          LOL Janice, we must have different browsers.

          Tiff's thread had 2,888 views to TSnyder's "I Have Nothing To Sell" thread with 561 views.

          ~Bill
          Signature
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2808810].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author Janice Sperry
            Originally Posted by Bill Farnham View Post

            LOL Janice, we must have different browsers.

            Tiff's thread had 2,888 views to TSnyder's "I Have Nothing To Sell" thread with 561 views.

            ~Bill
            ops:
            I have no idea now what stats I was looking at.
            I should not be allowed to post after the sun goes down.
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2808861].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Ehanson
          Good post and a good reminder to marketers.

          The WSO section is full of products with titles of "How I Made $x,xxx in three hours." Unfortunately, people will continue to chase seemingly quick and easy money, but how do the buyers know the seller really made $x,xxx in three hours when income pictures can easily be photoshopped.

          Also unfortunate, a lot of great products get overlooked if they don't have a dollar sign in the title (at least if it's a WSO)
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2808813].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author glassextreme
    I think it's not the mindset of the product creators. It's more of the mindset of the buyers. They just want short cuts, and the promises of money simply lures them in. And they don't realize they still need to have the skills to do the fundamentals.

    As an enterprising product creator, you would just cater to these group of people.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2809403].message }}

Trending Topics