The Article Marketing Question..help please

12 replies
Can someone just clear up one thing for me...

Can I send out articles that already appear on my site?

Is this a good idea or not? I'm thinking about duplicate content(????)

Should I write new articles or variations of existing ones?

Some help and advice would be very nice thanks.

#article #marketing #question #questionhelp #writing articles
  • Profile picture of the author glassextreme
    Yes, you may use existing articles on your site to submit to article directories.

    This question has been discussed to death.

    However, I prefer to do up variations of that existing article to maximize its worth.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2809324].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author tpw
    Originally Posted by karlp295 View Post

    Can someone just clear up one thing for me...

    Can I send out articles that already appear on my site?

    Is this a good idea or not? I'm thinking about duplicate content(????)

    Should I write new articles or variations of existing ones?

    Some help and advice would be very nice thanks.


    You can send out articles that already appear on your website... That is what is called Article Syndication...

    Hundreds of successful IMer's use Article Syndication and make a lot of money because they do so...

    In Article Syndication, the stronger the content, the more successful you will be... And what I mean by strong content is content that focuses on the needs of the reader...

    To learn more about this, please consider grabbing my Free Article Marketing Ebook here:
    Article Marketing: Beyond the Basics - Free Ebook, No Catch, No Squeeze Page

    On the Duplicate Content Penalty, I believe it to be a myth, but thousands of marketers will line up to tell you that Duplicate Content Penalty is real... They believe if they say it loud enough, their emotions will outweigh my logic and the proof I can show to that effect... LOL

    If you want to consider my evidence that the Duplicate Content Penalty is a myth, read this post on my blog:
    Article Marketing and the Duplicate Content Penalty Myth

    If you choose to believe in the Duplicate Content Penalty, then yes, you will find that rewriting articles will help support your belief that the Duplicate Content Penalty is real...
    Signature
    Bill Platt, Oklahoma USA, PlattPublishing.com
    Publish Coloring Books for Profit (WSOTD 7-30-2015)
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2809329].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author dave147
    Some short answers for you below, hope they help a bit.

    Originally Posted by karlp295 View Post

    Can someone just clear up one thing for me...

    Can I send out articles that already appear on my site? Yes

    Is this a good idea or not? Great Idea

    I'm thinking about duplicate content (????) No such thing with articles

    Should I write new articles or variations of existing ones? Variations and new

    Some help and advice would be very nice thanks.

    Signature

    THESE PRODUCTS FREE @ adsense-expert
    When You Get The 300 Logo Templates Here
    $500.00 in FREE Advertising For You Here

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2809333].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Vogin
      Yes you can, but also consider this:

      Article directories have a resource box. If you put there a link to the page your article is from, your readers will be quite upset to come and land on something they have already read - I mean I would be...
      Signature

      ppcsluzby.cz/en - PPC agency


      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2809461].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author glassextreme
        Originally Posted by Vogin View Post

        Yes you can, but also consider this:

        Article directories have a resource box. If you put there a link to the page your article is from, your readers will be quite upset to come and land on something they have already read - I mean I would be...
        Very good point. I would be too if I see the exact same article.

        But you shouldn't link to the same article. Link it to your website, and to other articles on your blog.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2809512].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author angela99
        Yes, you can post articles to directories if they already appear on your site -- you're syndicating them, as someone pointed out. :-)

        Re "duplicate content", Google picks one version of your article to present to searchers. Just avoid duplicating the content on your own site. If you're using WordPress, use an SEO plugin so you ensure that categories and tags aren't indexed.

        It's an excellent strategy: you're advertising, using your content, so people know what to expect from you.

        Re editing your articles for the directories; you can do that if you wish.

        You could:

        * Condense a longer article on your site for the directories -- most bloggers who use article marketing repurpose their material;

        * Change the title. I often do this, because I like having a keyword at the beginning of the title for an article in the directories;

        * Write a tips article, and have different tips in a syndicated article from the tips on the article on your site;

        * Expand on articles on your site -- chop up an article and use the pieces (this works well with tips articles) as the basis of fresh articles...

        There are endless permutations.

        Big tip: create a campaign before you start syndicating, with a goal and a plan, and then track the results, so you know what works for you.

        I've been using article marketing for many years; all it takes is time, and the results can be amazing. :-)
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2809514].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author enrikm
          Originally Posted by angela99 View Post

          Yes, you can post articles to directories if they already appear on your site -- you're syndicating them, as someone pointed out. :-)

          Re "duplicate content", Google picks one version of your article to present to searchers. Just avoid duplicating the content on your own site. If you're using WordPress, use an SEO plugin so you ensure that categories and tags aren't indexed.

          It's an excellent strategy: you're advertising, using your content, so people know what to expect from you.

          Re editing your articles for the directories; you can do that if you wish.

          You could:

          * Condense a longer article on your site for the directories -- most bloggers who use article marketing repurpose their material;

          * Change the title. I often do this, because I like having a keyword at the beginning of the title for an article in the directories;

          * Write a tips article, and have different tips in a syndicated article from the tips on the article on your site;

          * Expand on articles on your site -- chop up an article and use the pieces (this works well with tips articles) as the basis of fresh articles...

          There are endless permutations.

          Big tip: create a campaign before you start syndicating, with a goal and a plan, and then track the results, so you know what works for you.

          I've been using article marketing for many years; all it takes is time, and the results can be amazing. :-)
          Great great tips!
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2809569].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Matt Bard
    You can see what Google says about it here on their official blog:

    Google Webmaster Central

    If you look at the third paragraph down where it starts "There are some penalties that are related to the idea of having the same content as another site--for example,..."

    You will be able to read for yourself and see that Article Syndication and Duplicate Content are two different things.

    While there is in fact something that Google calls Duplicate Content, and it can affect your site, Article Syndication is not it and what you are asking in your Original Post is about Article Syndication.

    Hope that helps.

    p.s. Be sure to read down near the bottom of the comments section and look for Susan Moskwa, the Google editor there.

    She has an interesting answer to @Karol that starts: "If the site has mostly unique content but a page or two with your syndicated content..."
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2809432].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Will Edwards
    @tpw

    Enjoyed your book on article distribution. At present I am testing a competitor's service, but I am considering using your distribution service in the future.

    Cheers,

    Will
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2809694].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author tpw
      Originally Posted by Will Edwards View Post

      @tpw

      Enjoyed your book on article distribution. At present I am testing a competitor's service, but I am considering using your distribution service in the future.

      Cheers,

      Will

      The important thing is that you are syndicating your articles...

      If you use my service, awesome...

      But if you use someone elses' service, that is okay too...
      Signature
      Bill Platt, Oklahoma USA, PlattPublishing.com
      Publish Coloring Books for Profit (WSOTD 7-30-2015)
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2810049].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author JonAlfredsson
    Yup. You can do it and in fact it’s a better way to do submissions. But for me, I will try to rewrite the article just to avoid issues.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2810885].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Nicola Lane
    Threads asking how to do Article Marketing come up quite often here - so I have a standard reply - I hope this helps:

    Two brilliant threads to read about article marketing are these:

    http://www.warriorforum.com/main-int...marketing.html

    http://www.warriorforum.com/main-int...eza-first.html

    Read them both - all the way through - and take notes.

    For further information I recommend the following directory - It is education in article marketing - a guide book and monthly newsletters - with a directory thrown in! You can read what Warriors think about it here:

    http://www.warriorforum.com/main-int...alks-walk.html

    Promote My Articles Article Marketing Service

    also available as a WSO here:

    http://www.warriorforum.com/warrior-...g-service.html

    This is a really great WSO for people trying to write good preselling articles:

    http://www.warriorforum.com/warrior-...iors-only.html

    I can also recommend the WSO's from this guy:

    View Profile: Zeus66

    In particular this one - All people interested in article marketing should study this!

    http://www.warriorforum.com/warrior-...-you-need.html

    This guy also has some good stuff - some article marketing some on other things

    View Profile: Steven Wagenheim

    Hope this helps.
    Signature

    I like to keep an open mind, but not so open that my brains fall out

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2811046].message }}

Trending Topics