Anybody Actively Using the New DIGG to Bring Traffic?

20 replies
Does it bring a good amount of traffic? I'm going to be testing it out for a while to see if it's worth it.

If you'd like me to digg your stuff, follow me: Digg - Jason Manheim (jasonmanheim) - Profile
#actively #bring #digg #new digg #traffic
  • Profile picture of the author Matt Ward
    I've been digging my posts but that's about it. No idea if it's doing any good or not.
    Signature
    "Keep moving forward."
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2845980].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author jasonman
      Originally Posted by mattward View Post

      I've been digging my posts but that's about it. No idea if it's doing any good or not.
      Yeah, I've done the auto submit thing but I'm going to be more active in digging other peoples stuff to see if it makes a difference.

      Try to get a good group of mutual diggers together and see what comes of it. Could be a waste of time...we'll see.
      Signature
      Web Design. Blog Design. WordPress Customizations. - http://designpx.com
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2845994].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author MR-Platapus
    forgive my lack of knowledge but what is DIGG and what does it accomplish
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2846009].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author jasonman
      Originally Posted by MR-Platapus View Post

      forgive my lack of knowledge but what is DIGG and what does it accomplish
      It's a news aggregating site. People use it to submit their blog posts and news stories (or other peoples blog posts and news stories) to gain more exposure and traffic back to their website.
      Signature
      Web Design. Blog Design. WordPress Customizations. - http://designpx.com
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2846027].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author MR-Platapus
        ah huh
        thanks you very much for your answer and sorry to impoe the the origional poster answers.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2846039].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author jasonman
          Originally Posted by MR-Platapus View Post

          ah huh
          thanks you very much for your answer and sorry to impoe the the origional poster answers.
          No problem at all. You're welcome.
          Signature
          Web Design. Blog Design. WordPress Customizations. - http://designpx.com
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2846050].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author MR-Platapus
            Jason you seem like a helpful person any chance you could have a look at my other posts and as any of your thaughts or personel experiences
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2846077].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author dayanthan
    Hi Jason. Have added you on digg.
    I use it for my blog posts but so far it hasn't done me any good. However I will keep using it.
    Signature

    Steer clear of scams

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2846529].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author jasonman
      Originally Posted by dayanthan View Post

      Hi Jason. Have added you on digg.
      I use it for my blog posts but so far it hasn't done me any good. However I will keep using it.
      Cool. I'm going to give it a solid month and then reevaluate.
      Signature
      Web Design. Blog Design. WordPress Customizations. - http://designpx.com
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2846650].message }}
  • {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2846733].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author jasonman
      Originally Posted by spennyc View Post

      I use it but stupidly don't track how it does for me. I should get on that...lol.
      Do it!

      I'd love to see some real numbers.
      Signature
      Web Design. Blog Design. WordPress Customizations. - http://designpx.com
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2846777].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Marco Lee
    When i was new to making blogs I made a digg account. The problem was I never knew about permalinks and made a used a not so seo friendly permalink. So when I learned about this I wanted to change my permalinks on digg but can't. I wanted to delete my account but learned that you need to contact them and there's no one push button to deactivate it.

    I registered again but I'm not using it anymore. No diggs

    the new digg can actually be cool on UI but they must not maybe complicate things for users.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2846773].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Andrea Wilson
    I heard a lot of people say that Digg adds up good backlinks back to their site. They use digg to leave footmarks (I mean backlinks). Im not a big fan of bookmarking but I already joined digg. However there is more to that, you can try joining socialadr.com, membership is free and they say it works. I am a member actually but I got no time to participate. Other members will bookmark your site and you will bookmark theirs, its a give and take system.


    Andrea
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2847040].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author jasonman
      Originally Posted by Andrea Wilson View Post

      I heard a lot of people say that Digg adds up good backlinks back to their site. They use digg to leave footmarks (I mean backlinks). Im not a big fan of bookmarking but I already joined digg. However there is more to that, you can try joining socialadr.com, membership is free and they say it works. I am a member actually but I got no time to participate. Other members will bookmark your site and you will bookmark theirs, its a give and take system.


      Andrea
      Thanks, Andrea. I'll give socialadr a look over. It seems like they participate in a ton of social networking sites...that seems like a lot of time to dedicate. Not sure I want to go for more than one or two. Thanks for the suggestion, though.
      Signature
      Web Design. Blog Design. WordPress Customizations. - http://designpx.com
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2848283].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author simplebutcreative
    It can bring you good traffic but you have to promote like twitter or any social networking sites. You have to get some followers that can digg your post. At the same time you can build backlinks for your blog or website. My blog is connected to my digg account so that when I publish a new post it will syndicate on my digg account.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2847214].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author jasonman
      Originally Posted by simplebutcreative View Post

      It can bring you good traffic but you have to promote like twitter or any social networking sites. You have to get some followers that can digg your post. At the same time you can build backlinks for your blog or website. My blog is connected to my digg account so that when I publish a new post it will syndicate on my digg account.
      Yeah I figured as much. Posting here was my first attempt at finding active users....can't really do that on Digg itself. It seems difficult to find any users with the search function...aside from people you already follow on Twitter and Google.
      Signature
      Web Design. Blog Design. WordPress Customizations. - http://designpx.com
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2848295].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author dremora
    Digg is pretty much dead. I have submitted the same exact stuff to digg and reddit, while I got a significant traffic spike from reddit, I got absolutely zero traffic from digg. Digg is a waste of time. It used to work before they screwed it up.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2848325].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author jasonman
      Originally Posted by dremora View Post

      Digg is pretty much dead. I have submitted the same exact stuff to digg and reddit, while I got a significant traffic spike from reddit, I got absolutely zero traffic from digg. Digg is a waste of time. It used to work before they screwed it up.
      This is what I'm afraid of, but I thought I'd give it a good solid try before I threw that option away.
      Signature
      Web Design. Blog Design. WordPress Customizations. - http://designpx.com
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2848548].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author LovelyCornSyrup
    This isn't how you use social bookmarking. If your stuff isn't getting upvotes or diggs it's because your content is crap, and/or your submission title is awful. Honestly, if you're getting no 'votes' on everything you submit why do you keep using the same method? Whatever you strategy is it doesn't work. You've got to keep trying, but not using the methods you're currently employing.

    Your topics aren't 'social', and they're commonly associate with spammers. Which unfortunately is exactly what you're doing. If you want to get to the front page of any social bookmarking website you've got to give the community what THEY want, not what you want them to want. Look at what other people are doing, and figure out a way you can spin it to make it work for you. The best advice I can give you is that it's all about how you phrase it. There's no point in clicking on a submission if the title gives everything away.
    Signature
    No fancy products, just stuff that works: The Gutenberg Diagram | Pareto Principle
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2848572].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author jasonman
      Originally Posted by LovelyCornSyrup View Post

      This isn't how you use social bookmarking. If your stuff isn't getting upvotes or diggs it's because your content is crap, and/or your submission title is awful. Honestly, if you're getting no 'votes' on everything you submit why do you keep using the same method? Whatever you strategy is it doesn't work. You've got to keep trying, but not using the methods you're currently employing.

      Your topics aren't 'social', and they're commonly associate with spammers. Which unfortunately is exactly what you're doing. If you want to get to the front page of any social bookmarking website you've got to give the community what THEY want, not what you want them to want. Look at what other people are doing, and figure out a way you can spin it to make it work for you. The best advice I can give you is that it's all about how you phrase it. There's no point in clicking on a submission if the title gives everything away.
      Great rant but you've completely misunderstood me.

      I'd like to get a group of common diggers to submit and Digg "good" content. Just because the auto-submits hundreds of people are submitting every minute aren't getting dugg doesn't mean there isn't great content among them...it simply means they have no following on the site...which is what I'm trying to create. No spamming.
      Signature
      Web Design. Blog Design. WordPress Customizations. - http://designpx.com
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2848609].message }}

Trending Topics