To be honest, I was thrilled enough to see it that I subscribed to that portion of the forum immediately. I am certain it will be money well spent.
I wrote a brand new article this morning to place in this section, so that I could test it out with a clean slate. Early results are promising:
1. The article was crawled and indexed by Google within 12 minutes of its going live on the Warrior Forum.
2. I am certain that the article page will pass some link juice with Google and the other search engines.
3. I am getting a decent number of article reads / page views, and I do expect the potential lifetime value of that article to be awesome.
4. I have not yet generated any sales as a result of posting that article this morning, but I have no doubt that I eventually will.
Shortly after I posted the article, I started getting feedback from folks that they wanted to comment on the article itself. But unfortunately, they could not because comments are not allowed at this time in the Articles section of the forum.
I can see many pro's and con's of allowing comments on articles...
1. Author's can get immediate feedback on their articles: good, bad or indifferent. In my mind, feedback is awesome. It will allow me the ability to know if I am hitting on all cylinders, and often feedback gives me ideas for my future articles.
2. Readers may add links to their comments that will support your article for SEO purposes... You did know that a web page will have more power in Google if there are links on the same page that point to web pages that Google considers to be "authority" web pages.
3. Even if an article is posted elsewhere on the Internet, comments will allow the version of your article in the WF Articles Section to appear unique in the eyes of Google, because the additional comments on the page will add new words, phrases and search ranking combination's to your article. I feel that the comments will increase the range of search words that my article could rank for in Google and the other search engines.
4. Comments would allow my readers to have discussions with me about my content, further enhancing my ability to establish myself as an expert on the topic.
5. Comments would encourage more people to link to my articles, especially when the reader felt strong enough to contradict my point of view in the comments. After all, people who disagree with me want to make it a point to let others know that they disagree with me. LOL
6. If I wanted to simply have my article stand on its own as its own content, then we have dozens of article directories and our own websites that will serve that purpose just fine.
7. The WF has a huge audience of one-quarter million potential readers, who are not afraid to contribute to what we have written. If people know that they can comment on what we have written, more of them will read our articles and comment on them. (As long as we can report comments that Flame our articles, we would be able to protect the integrity of what we have written, and even WSO's have the "Report This Post" button.)
1. We may have to share our article link juice with those people who comment on our articles, but those people who have read our article and shared it with others will help improve the amount of link juice our articles will have.
2. We may have a nasty competitor or general naysayers comment on our articles, but we still have a "Report This Post" button and more to my position, we can usually turn a negative comment to the positive, sometimes by commenting and often by saying nothing at all... LOL
3. The comments on the page may dilute the keywords we were targeting in our articles, but if you wrote your article well in the first place, that is almost a non-issue...
4. A person commenting on an article may deflate an argument you made in your article, but if you are worth your salt as a writer, you will be able to strengthen your article with a well-thought response.
Okay. So it should be obvious to you that I want the Comments ability added to my articles...
If you agree with me, say so... If you disagree with me, speak louder than I did...
Let the fun begin... Let's beat this topic to death...
... Starting NOW ...