The first thing they tell you is to become an affiliate by selling other people's product for a commission and that sounds great except when you have spent a couple of dollars in driving traffic to the vendor's salespage without making a dime that is where it's no longer fun.
Now to start with, it is a short sighted mindset to come online wanting to make money but it should be to come online with a mindset to build a business that will ultimately become a cash generating machine for you and your love ones and have the freedom you desire.
With that said, what is it that the would be affiliate marketer does? He or she is told to go to clickbank or paydotcom and get a product to promote. Once they have identified a product they immediately start driving traffic to the vendor's page, while they might make commission here and there, the truth of the matter is that you are not building a business for the long haul.
Here are some few lessons I have learnt along the path:
1. Find a niche or hungry market
2. Find a product or service to feed your hungry market with
3. Get a domain name using the keyword you used in locating your niche market.
4. Get a good hosting account
5. Get an autoresponder, this enables you to capture your prospects names and email addresses so as to start building relationship with them and eventually convert them to customers and friends.
6. Install Wordpress platform
7. Build your website and content
8. Drive traffic to your website
It is now that you start promoting your offer via your website and to your list of subscribers.
This is the way to build a strong affiliate marketing business that last for a long time.
Please, share your thoughts on this subject and I hope you've enjoyed my cent input here.