You heard it right and it gets worse before it gets better.
Mind you, he's college educated, IT certified up the ying yang and runs an IT department with the efficiency of a laser guided missile interceptor. BUT, his supervisor was slated to rake in a $22k bonus = payable in January of 2011 "IF" he dramatically slashed his budget before the beginning of the 4th quarter of this year. His brilliant solution was to layoff his primary go to guy in order to grab that freakin bonus.
Who said life was fair?
I have some choice words for people like that.
But I digress....
The reason I listened to my IM Team Member glibly was because he joined our IM Team in March of this year and should have easily already come close to matching at least forty percent of his gross income.
The reason he didn't even come close?
He had NO sense of urgency!
- He was watching TV when he should have been researching keywords and niches.
- He was at Starbucks sipping Latte's when he should have been learning how to work with Word Press
- He was playing golf when he should have been learning to master XSitePro
- He was at the movies when he should have been building the backbone to his Backlinking network
- He was enjoying Mountain climbing adventures when he should have been learning RSS Feeds, ScrapeBox, BMD, TeamViewer, Sick Submitter, Tuelz, AMR, SEO SpyGlass, Market Samurai, TBS and PressBot
- He was surfing NFL.com, NBA.com. MLB.com and ESPN.com, when he should have been on the WF learning the ropes of IM
Here this CLEARLY...
If you want to go full time in IM and enjoy all of the freedoms that come with doing so, you need to develop a genuine SENSE of URGENCY right NOW!
Don't wait until circumstances force you to dig in; become relentless NOW!
Giles, the Crew Chief