Of course at the time there was NO WAY that I was going to dish out another $300 (or whatever it was at the time) for another 360. So of course I turned to Google for answers. Using Google I came to realize that it was a quickly rising problem. And like many people at the time - I tried the "towel trick". Which consisted of wrapping your xbox in a large towel, and letting it over-heat. It actually worked for about a day or two, and then made our XBOX into a useless piece of toast.
So needless to say - I ended up dishing out for another XBOX 360 - DANGIT!
And guess what??? YES - Right after 1 year of having it - RROD - AGAIN! - And this was even before Microsoft started handing out their extended warranties! This time I went back to Google, and did research on the actual problem. And after finding out the true cause, did more research on coming up with some possible real solutions. The research paid off! I fixed my son's 360 - and we were both happy campers!
Having already been a successful affiliate on Clickbank at the time, I knew that I had a potential product on my hands. And I knew that it could be big if the problem grew any bigger.
Well here we are 8,000 copies later - and so far I have not had a downturn month (knock on wood). This problem must be huge for Microsoft.
Anyways - all of that to say - keep truckin along. You never know when you'll stumble across a solution that will turn into gold.