8,000th Copy Just Sold!

by garyv 40 replies
When my son's XBOX 360 broke down over a year ago, never in my wildest dreams did I ever think that it would turn into such a positive event. Yes he had the dreaded "RROD" or Red Ring of Death - lol. I had no idea that it was called that at the time by the way.

Of course at the time there was NO WAY that I was going to dish out another $300 (or whatever it was at the time) for another 360. So of course I turned to Google for answers. Using Google I came to realize that it was a quickly rising problem. And like many people at the time - I tried the "towel trick". Which consisted of wrapping your xbox in a large towel, and letting it over-heat. It actually worked for about a day or two, and then made our XBOX into a useless piece of toast.

So needless to say - I ended up dishing out for another XBOX 360 - DANGIT!

And guess what??? YES - Right after 1 year of having it - RROD - AGAIN! - And this was even before Microsoft started handing out their extended warranties! This time I went back to Google, and did research on the actual problem. And after finding out the true cause, did more research on coming up with some possible real solutions. The research paid off! I fixed my son's 360 - and we were both happy campers!

Having already been a successful affiliate on Clickbank at the time, I knew that I had a potential product on my hands. And I knew that it could be big if the problem grew any bigger.

Well here we are 8,000 copies later - and so far I have not had a downturn month (knock on wood). This problem must be huge for Microsoft.

Anyways - all of that to say - keep truckin along. You never know when you'll stumble across a solution that will turn into gold.
#main internet marketing discussion forum #copy #sold
Avatar of Unregistered
  • Profile picture of the author KarlWarren
    Gary...

    this is a VERY inspirational post. Congratulations on your success. I love to see people turning problems into real world solutions and make successes of them.

    Kindest regards,
    Karl.
    Signature
    eCoverNinja - Sales Page Graphics & Layout Specialist
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[21519].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Steve Taylor
      Cool...nice that you developed a successful market that was right in front of you,
      and was aware of that potential.
      Great story, congrats.

      -Steve
      Signature

      Ask...Because you never stop learning.

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[21531].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author minisite911
        that's truly inpirational, man, thanks for sharing

        - oki
        Signature
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[21541].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Dana_W
          Now if only I'd had that report six months ago when I rewarded Microsoft for their incompetence and shoddy manufacturing by buying ANOTHER XBOX 360 so my son wouldn't die of XBOX 360 withdrawal.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[21545].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author garyv
            Thanks everyone.

            Originally Posted by Dana_W View Post

            Now if only I'd had that report six months ago when I rewarded Microsoft for their incompetence and shoddy manufacturing by buying ANOTHER XBOX 360 so my son wouldn't die of XBOX 360 withdrawal.
            My son is the same way - He gets so annoyed when I tell him that we used to have fun just kicking a can around - lol.
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[21599].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author KarlWarren
              Originally Posted by garyv View Post

              Thanks everyone.

              My son is the same way - He gets so annoyed when I tell him that we used to have fun just kicking a can around - lol.
              Aaaah, those were the days...
              Signature
              eCoverNinja - Sales Page Graphics & Layout Specialist
              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[21606].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author Steve Taylor
              Originally Posted by garyv View Post

              Thanks everyone.



              My son is the same way - He gets so annoyed when I tell him that we used to have fun just kicking a can around - lol.
              Ha, you played that too...
              such a simple game with real exercise instead of "finger" work outs.

              -Steve
              Signature

              Ask...Because you never stop learning.

              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[21609].message }}
              • Profile picture of the author garyv
                Originally Posted by Steve Taylor View Post

                Ha, you played that too...
                such a simple game with real exercise instead of "finger" work outs.

                -Steve
                exactly! - When I tell my son to go play Kick the can - He says that maybe I should go play kick the bucket - lol.
                {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[21635].message }}
                • Profile picture of the author ConversionTime
                  great story the RROD drove a family member to tears and you took action full marks
                  {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[21679].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author TheMagicShow
    Originally Posted by garyv View Post

    When my son's XBOX 360 broke down over a year ago, never in my wildest dreams did I ever think that it would turn into such a positive event. Yes he had the dreaded "RROD" or Red Ring of Death - lol. I had no idea that it was called that at the time by the way.

    Of course at the time there was NO WAY that I was going to dish out another $300 (or whatever it was at the time) for another 360. So of course I turned to Google for answers. Using Google I came to realize that it was a quickly rising problem. And like many people at the time - I tried the "towel trick". Which consisted of wrapping your xbox in a large towel, and letting it over-heat. It actually worked for about a day or two, and then made our XBOX into a useless piece of toast.

    So needless to say - I ended up dishing out for another XBOX 360 - DANGIT!

    And guess what??? YES - Right after 1 year of having it - RROD - AGAIN! - And this was even before Microsoft started handing out their extended warranties! This time I went back to Google, and did research on the actual problem. And after finding out the true cause, did more research on coming up with some possible real solutions. The research paid off! I fixed my son's 360 - and we were both happy campers!

    Having already been a successful affiliate on Clickbank at the time, I knew that I had a potential product on my hands. And I knew that it could be big if the problem grew any bigger.

    Well here we are 8,000 copies later - and so far I have not had a downturn month (knock on wood). This problem must be huge for Microsoft.

    Anyways - all of that to say - keep truckin along. You never know when you'll stumble across a solution that will turn into gold.

    Awesome job, keep up the good work, what kind of refund rate are you having btw?
    Signature

    " You can either give a man a fish and feed him for a day OR teach him how to catch a fish and it will feed him for a lifetime"

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[21686].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author garyv
      Originally Posted by Magic Mel View Post

      Awesome job, keep up the good work, what kind of refund rate are you having btw?
      The refund rate is comparible with other products I sell - it ranges from 3% to 8%.

      You will occasionally get the "non tech savvy" parent that buys it to keep Junior from crying - and then after buying it realize that there is actually some repair work involved. But other than that - the refund rate seems to be low.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[21729].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author peteinoz
    Originally Posted by garyv View Post

    When my son's XBOX 360 broke down over a year ago, never in my wildest dreams did I ever think that it would turn into such a positive event. Yes he had the dreaded "RROD" or Red Ring of Death - lol. I had no idea that it was called that at the time by the way.

    Of course at the time there was NO WAY that I was going to dish out another $300 (or whatever it was at the time) for another 360. So of course I turned to Google for answers. Using Google I came to realize that it was a quickly rising problem. And like many people at the time - I tried the "towel trick". Which consisted of wrapping your xbox in a large towel, and letting it over-heat. It actually worked for about a day or two, and then made our XBOX into a useless piece of toast.

    So needless to say - I ended up dishing out for another XBOX 360 - DANGIT!

    And guess what??? YES - Right after 1 year of having it - RROD - AGAIN! - And this was even before Microsoft started handing out their extended warranties! This time I went back to Google, and did research on the actual problem. And after finding out the true cause, did more research on coming up with some possible real solutions. The research paid off! I fixed my son's 360 - and we were both happy campers!

    Having already been a successful affiliate on Clickbank at the time, I knew that I had a potential product on my hands. And I knew that it could be big if the problem grew any bigger.

    Well here we are 8,000 copies later - and so far I have not had a downturn month (knock on wood). This problem must be huge for Microsoft.

    Anyways - all of that to say - keep truckin along. You never know when you'll stumble across a solution that will turn into gold.
    This is gold mate.. congrats

    Just love stories like this!




    cheers

    Pete
    Signature
    HangoutMillionaire.com World Premeire Automated Video Marketing Software, Streams YouTube Live and Google Hangouts. Special Offer Link!
    Follow me on Twitter http://twitter.com/peterdrew
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[22235].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Leigh Burke
      Thanks for the reply Gary.

      I just got your centrifuge script and will give it a whirl on my new CB product launch later this month.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[22239].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Tye Hord
        Congrats Gary,

        wow 8000 copies you mustve never even imagined that when your first created the ebook...although you probably had an idea it was going to be pretty big haha, there are millions of avid gamers out there, and probably many broken micrsoft systems
        Signature

        Tye Hord

        Join the Chocolate Revolution...the HEALTHY Chocolate Revolution that is!
        http://intensechocolatebusiness.com

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[22299].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author garyv
          Originally Posted by Tye Hord View Post

          Congrats Gary,

          wow 8000 copies you mustve never even imagined that when your first created the ebook...although you probably had an idea it was going to be pretty big haha, there are millions of avid gamers out there, and probably many broken micrsoft systems
          Yes - I had no idea it would be such a success. I just thought that it might just be another one of my side products that makes me a few bucks every month. But lucky for me (and unlucky for Microsoft lol) XBOX 360 maintenance turned into a huge issue.

          By the way have you tried any of that xocai drink that you're promoting in your signature? It lookes delicioius.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[22342].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ariyes
    nice. if u work hard u must get the success. Good luck
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[22492].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Anup Mahajan
      I've started promoting your product last week.. So far no sales..

      But your story has given me inspiration to try harder...

      Cheers,
      Anup
      Signature

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[22606].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author upena
        It is actually quite simple. Do like Gary did. Identify a problem. Find a solution. Sell it. It ain't rocket science.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[22681].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Michael Dominic
          Originally Posted by upena View Post

          It is actually quite simple. Do like Gary did. Identify a problem. Find a solution. Sell it. It ain't rocket science.
          That's the way it's done.

          I got my XBOX 360 shortly after it came out and it showed the red ring of death. I called up Microsoft and they sent a prepaid shipping box overnight to me. I waited almost a month to get my XBOX 360 back! They couldn't fix mine so they sent me a replacement unit. If I had known this I might have tried an alternative method.

          This was and still is a huge problem for Microsoft. It was so big that the original warranty got extended from only 90 days to 1 year then to 2 years! Cost them big time...
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[22698].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author Bojangles
            Good stuff. I love hearing about things like this.
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[22723].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author Rufus Steele
              Great post Gary - love hearing how people take a problem, find a solution then turn a profit whilst helping peeps.

              Must be one of those rare times where you're hoping the manufacturer continues to provide faulty kit!

              Here's looking forward to your 80,000th sale!
              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[22754].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author IM Ace
              8000 in sales in what looks like less than a month or two? You started with the problem just over a year ago, had a repeat of the problem after a year again, and you create a product with a sales figure that could put the savviest marketers to shame! Incredible!
              With 3 more vendors in the market (- you mention in your review promo tool), I wonder how big the market is!
              Must say that you have exceptional abilities. Congratulations!
              Signature
              I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand.
              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[22846].message }}
              • Sounds great, although I hope you have a disclaimer if they are doing any heavy duty work to the GPU. Brilliant story - sure you can grow this market as well!
                {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[22855].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Mike Hill
    Originally Posted by garyv View Post

    When my son's XBOX 360 broke down over a year ago, never in my wildest dreams did I ever think that it would turn into such a positive event. Yes he had the dreaded "RROD" or Red Ring of Death - lol. I had no idea that it was called that at the time by the way.

    Of course at the time there was NO WAY that I was going to dish out another $300 (or whatever it was at the time) for another 360. So of course I turned to Google for answers. Using Google I came to realize that it was a quickly rising problem. And like many people at the time - I tried the "towel trick". Which consisted of wrapping your xbox in a large towel, and letting it over-heat. It actually worked for about a day or two, and then made our XBOX into a useless piece of toast.

    So needless to say - I ended up dishing out for another XBOX 360 - DANGIT!

    And guess what??? YES - Right after 1 year of having it - RROD - AGAIN! - And this was even before Microsoft started handing out their extended warranties! This time I went back to Google, and did research on the actual problem. And after finding out the true cause, did more research on coming up with some possible real solutions. The research paid off! I fixed my son's 360 - and we were both happy campers!

    Having already been a successful affiliate on Clickbank at the time, I knew that I had a potential product on my hands. And I knew that it could be big if the problem grew any bigger.

    Well here we are 8,000 copies later - and so far I have not had a downturn month (knock on wood). This problem must be huge for Microsoft.

    Anyways - all of that to say - keep truckin along. You never know when you'll stumble across a solution that will turn into gold.


    Hi Gary, I just sent you a PM... ;-)

    Very cool and inspiring indeed!

    Mike Hill
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[22767].message }}
  • Hi Gary,

    That's brilliant

    Is it time to relaunch it... what about a video guide - were you show them what to do step by step or use services like lulu.com to get it sold on Amazon.

    Tony
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[22862].message }}
Avatar of Unregistered

Trending Topics