What do you think about MLM/ direct selling?

10 replies
Lots of way for us to make money online, and one of them is MLM - multi level marketing/ direct selling , online.

What do you think about them?
  1. do you like MLM?
  2. will you join them'?
  3. normal affiliate program/ MLM will you choose?
  4. why is that/
  5. lots of people claim to generate huge passive income with MLM online (GDI, etc), what do you think ?
#direct #mlm or #selling
  • Profile picture of the author Richard Crooke
    Great question, some many opinions. MLM is great for the company as the business model spreads throughout the community. The big money is for only a few that build a huge downline. Majority of the members stop because they don't have the drive and focus to build a team - it takes a huge mindset to succeed in MLM.

    I enjoy building an online business and helping others do the same, it took me 2 years to find a system, support structure to finally succeed. Majority of online marketers fail because they don't have support or someone to go to for advice and help. The 3% of gurus online all have mentors/mastermind groups that they attend frequently.

    The internet is like a phone or TV, the products is always changing. So the key thing to remember - join a system that gives you tools, current training, support and a coach.

    Richard
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2862920].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Joe Benjamin
    Originally Posted by visimedia View Post

    Lots of way for us to make money online, and one of them is MLM - multi level marketing/ direct selling , online.

    What do you think about them?
    1. do you like MLM?
    2. will you join them'?
    3. normal affiliate program/ MLM will you choose?
    4. why is that/
    5. lots of people claim to generate huge passive income with MLM online (GDI, etc), what do you think ?
    1. I prefer Direct Selling - commissions are generally MUCH bigger for the
    same amount of work and the quality of your team can be outstanding.

    2. I HAVE joined a Direct Selling business and it helped build my mindset
    and set the tone for where I am now (Wealth Masters)

    3. Wealth Masters or Carbon Copy Pro to market WMI. I've chosen it and
    although I didn't get it to work before, I'm 200% sure I can make it work
    this time because I have everything I need to succeed (mindset and skills
    to back it up)

    4. I KNOW people who've done it, so there not just "claims" and if they
    are those people won't last for long before they're exposed. It's real and
    just as legit and good as IM.

    However, you won't get much support for Direct Sales or Networking here
    because so many people are against it because of ignorance of the subject
    or they've been "scammed" before.

    ...If I had a dime for everytime I was scammed in the past for buying IM
    courses that were horrible.

    The questions you ask are good questions, but it would serve you best to
    go to a network marketing forum because you will get answers from pro's
    who do it with solid reputations.

    P.S. I am NOT promoting WMI. I haven't done so in a long while and don't
    intend on doing it anytime soon. I was simply using my experience as an
    example.
    Signature
    **How I FLIPPED $80 into $690 Pure Profit With ONE EASY Method...2 to 3x Per Week...Only 30 Minutes Per Day (and how YOU can COPY my RESULTS, too!) **CLICK HERE FOR VERIFIED VIDEO PROOF**
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2863013].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author visimedia
    That's cool . I did offline MLM in health n wealth niche , but now I want to build it online. Let's have others sharing about their opinion too
    Signature

    For best hostel in malang https://bedpackers.com & good crypto stock blog : https://1lot.org

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2884135].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author paulie888
    You could observe and perhaps emulate what some of the big online MLM marketers do, such as Jonathan Budd and Daegan Smith. Their approach centers around selling a low-ticket front end product that basically covers their promotion and marketing costs on the internet, and then some (if executed properly).
    Signature
    >>> Features Jason Fladlien, John S. Rhodes, Justin Brooke, Sean I. Mitchell, Reed Floren and Brad Gosse! <<<
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2884146].message }}
    • Originally Posted by paulie888 View Post

      You could observe and perhaps emulate what some of the big online MLM marketers do, such as Jonathan Budd and Daegan Smith. Their approach centers around selling a low-ticket front end product that basically covers their promotion and marketing costs on the internet, and then some (if executed properly).
      daegan smith is a very persuasive man ! but he says it himself, the key is curiosity. Create curiosity and you'll have people flooding in.

      I think most of his money is now made through training other people rather than through an MLM, but if he was to try earning money through MLM he would without a doubt succeed.

      He's got character like Cedrick Harris. I've made money in MLM, but your mindset has to be totally different in some senses and you have to love speaking to people and genuinly want to help them out!
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2884568].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author paulie888
        Originally Posted by Jason Perez O'Connor View Post

        daegan smith is a very persuasive man ! but he says it himself, the key is curiosity. Create curiosity and you'll have people flooding in.

        I think most of his money is now made through training other people rather than through an MLM, but if he was to try earning money through MLM he would without a doubt succeed.

        He's got character like Cedrick Harris. I've made money in MLM, but your mindset has to be totally different in some senses and you have to love speaking to people and genuinly want to help them out!
        Jason, on the contrary, I think he's built up a massive downline in several organizations now, and this is feeding him lots of juicy passive income without needing to lift so much as a finger! While I do think he's still building his downlines, he really doesn't need to do too much anymore because these things kind of take on a life of their own especially once you've amassed several thousand people in your downlines!

        With that said, the basic premise of his system is to sell a low-priced front end information product that will at least cover the cost of his promotion and marketing, and allow him to expand rapidly by plowing that money back into advertising, which will really snowball quickly if you reinvest the majority or all of your profits from the front end sale!

        Paul
        Signature
        >>> Features Jason Fladlien, John S. Rhodes, Justin Brooke, Sean I. Mitchell, Reed Floren and Brad Gosse! <<<
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2884834].message }}
        • Originally Posted by paulie888 View Post

          Jason, on the contrary, I think he's built up a massive downline in several organizations now, and this is feeding him lots of juicy passive income without needing to lift so much as a finger! While I do think he's still building his downlines, he really doesn't need to do too much anymore because these things kind of take on a life of their own especially once you've amassed several thousand people in your downlines!

          With that said, the basic premise of his system is to sell a low-priced front end information product that will at least cover the cost of his promotion and marketing, and allow him to expand rapidly by plowing that money back into advertising, which will really snowball quickly if you reinvest the majority or all of your profits from the front end sale!

          Paul
          Oh I see! I stand corrected, either way that guy is doing very well and its to no suprise why as I'm sure you've seen many of his videos or methods. He's very outspoken.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2889840].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Greg D
    I think the business model of MLM is one of the best out there.

    In theory.

    Here is the 'problem' or hurdles to overcome with MLM.

    95-98% fail.
    must qualify to get paid
    difficult to get people on your downline
    proven, that if not in soon enough, odds stacked way against you. must be in from beginning.

    you know why there is almost always an up front start up part, or a business package that must be purchased.

    They do this because 95-98% will do absolutely nothing beyond the recruiting meeting and the sign up.

    A lot of times you have to educate the public about the product or service you are promoting. This is a big job. Bigger than what it may take to get the signup for it.

    A lot of people claim to be and do a lot of things. You only need a 'business card'.

    I respect what you are doing here. You brought up the thread and you asked for feedback.

    There is still to this day a HUGE stigmata that follows MLM (network marketing), it is a huge, colossal you must leap.

    Building a downline is another thing. Now incorporating IM into this might help out a lot. But, without the internet helping, it is still relied heavily on little business meetings and one on one or one on group meetings.

    Then the push for the acknowledgment of the new service, the benefit, then the sales pitch on the concept, the opportunity, the payout plan and the 'ultimate lifestyle'.

    Then you have to hold hands, keep their binky close by and babysit your downline as 95-98% will do squat. The others that do anything is weak at best, most of the time.

    I have been to meetings, I have gotten involved with some. Nothing long term. You can only hit up your family and friends so often and so many times.

    Again, in theory, top notch business model.

    In reality, a very nice way to create a HUGE challenge for yourself. Very difficult way to make nice 'passive' residual income.

    Find me a 'top producer' for an MLM company and I will show you someone who cannot be 'passive' about their income. They must hold hands NON-STOP to maintain it.

    Plus their are horror stories about people who built up a downline and a source of income and then one day to the next the company shuts down. Shut down or simply changed the rules and are no longer a networking company. They have the right to do it whenever they want.

    my opinion to your question.

    Greg
    Signature
    Premium Wordpress Directory Theme
    No Other Directory Theme Compares
    Premium Wordpress Adspace Plugin
    All On Site Advertising On Autopilot
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2884471].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Daryl Lim
    do you like MLM? Not at all. They are extremely edgy. And funny.
    will you join them'? I've been asked to before, but I rejected to be in their downline. No.
    normal affiliate program/ MLM will you choose? Digital Affiliate programs.
    why is that? They do not require direct selling and rapport building with buyers, no stupid downline system etc.
    lots of people claim to generate huge passive income with MLM online (GDI, etc), what do you think? I think they are fishy scammers who have no life and probably went knocking on doors every single day to make commissions, and to scam other people into being their downline.

    I sound harsh but I really dislike the MLM system. What? You're a Triple-Ultimate-Mega-Overkill Associate Director?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2884587].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author shuvo
    I worked couple of months with a well known MLM site in 2009.But i never make any money from here and this is because I left out the program.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2884889].message }}

Trending Topics