Godaddy $1 domains Forced Continuity Glitch?

23 replies
I know that there are a lot of Godaddy complains already but here's another one:

Most of us here are a fan of the $1 domain promo which happens almost monthly.
Thing is it automatically includes a free trial for a month of "Website Tonight" in your shopping cart.
I have no problem with that as long as you remove it in your cart.

Thing is, I remember removing that free trial in my cart when I purchased the $1 domain promo.
Now one month later, Godaddy charged my card $4.99/mo and policy says it's non refundable.

Any warriors here also charged? It could be a glitch in the promo or simply yet another classic Godaddy trickery. Either way, I guess be careful when using the next $1 domain promo.
#continuity #domains #forced #glitch #godaddy
  • Profile picture of the author Alfred Shelver
    I was also charged the 4.99 I was very annoyed....
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2869889].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author A Bary
      Originally Posted by Mark Brian View Post

      I know that there are a lot of Godaddy complains already but here's another one:

      Most of us here are a fan of the $1 domain promo which happens almost monthly.
      Thing is it automatically includes a free trial for a month of "Website Tonight" in your shopping cart.
      I have no problem with that as long as you remove it in your cart.

      Thing is, I remember removing that free trial in my cart when I purchased the $1 domain promo.
      Now one month later, Godaddy charged my card $4.99/mo and policy says it's non refundable.

      Any warriors here also charged? It could be a glitch in the promo or simply yet another classic Godaddy trickery. Either way, I guess be careful when using the next $1 domain promo.
      Originally Posted by Cathy Shelver View Post

      I was also charged the 4.99 I was very annoyed....
      Sorry, but this is partially your fault, not only Godaddy's or the $1 promo code's...

      The free trial is clearly showed on your shopping cart with a BIG "Remove" button, you could easily remove it...

      I agree it shouldn't be added in the first place, but, when you get a domain for $1, you should expect some add-on, at least it can be removed, not like other forced free trials usually associated with this type of promos you get from shady marketers...

      A. Bary
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2870214].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Sour
    I've never seen that when I've used the $1 domain promos. Was this only for a recent promo?
    Signature
    WYSIWYG Landing Page Creator WSO - Create Custom Landing Pages with ZERO Skills Required
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2869904].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author simplenfun
    It's refundable. I just got my done. Try contact their support team and tell them you do not wish to use this service and request for refund.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2869972].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Steve Wells
      I saw that also in my account, which I know I did not order, and will have to call them to get it taken off.....

      I'm not sure if its a glitch or not? I have never had them do anything like this intentionally.

      I know they have lots of upsells, but never anything that was just added on that you could not see upon check out.....
      Signature
      Need Custom Graphics Work? - Message Me For A Design Quote!
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2869981].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author JohnLeonard
    The 4.99 in the monthly hosting charge...By default it is set to automatically renew.....You can change that in your dashboard...

    That being said you should switch fro godaddy hosting to hostgator or something way better.....
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2870016].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author linkjv
      Don't worry about this
      -During check out, we remove WebsiteTonight which is automatic added with 2 month free
      -Or we can log in to account then select Website Tonight menu then cancel them any time before they charge for next payment (normally after 2 months)

      Even we charged by incident (which we don't know) then contact theme to clarify about this.This happened to my friend then i told him to contact godaddy and money refunded after 2 days but i think godaddy will not refund for every case
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2870068].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author davewebsmith
        Call me a sceptic ... But I have 250 domain with Godaddy .. Been with them since 2006 and I have never ever ever ever ever once had anything added to my cart "accidently"

        Read, check the box and click next .. We all know how to use carts when we buy amazon or ebay .. Whats up with us on godaddy ... some sort of mental block perhaps?

        Sorry Im not convince they are shady. They are excellent marketers, excellent service provider, and great customer service ...

        These same posts keep popping up all the time ... If you dont like the provider - vote with your feet man ...



        Originally Posted by linkjv View Post

        Don't worry about this
        -During check out, we remove WebsiteTonight which is automatic added with 2 month free
        -Or we can log in to account then select Website Tonight menu then cancel them any time before they charge for next payment (normally after 2 months)

        Even we charged by incident (which we don't know) then contact theme to clarify about this.This happened to my friend then i told him to contact godaddy and money refunded after 2 days but i think godaddy will not refund for every case
        Signature
        watch this space ...
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2871750].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ahlexis
    I used to have several domains @ GoDaddy. Thing is, they like to give you grief and dare you to try and do anything about it. Don't need the headache, so I switched to someone else.

    Sometimes great deals have strings. And sometimes your TIME spent trying to fix their strings or remove their obstacles is worth more than the savings you get by snatching up the deal they offer.

    Anyone want to understand better can Google "Mike Filsaime" and "GoDaddy"; they held his domain(s) hostage after a spam complaint that wasn't justified and charged him $200 to put it back to directing to his hosting account.

    Whether or not I go through anything like that, the savings pretty much amount to penny wise and pound foolish as far as I'm concerned.

    My own personal story? I wanted to transfer my domains, they didn't want me to go but they were certainly willing to charge me for the renewal. Most registrars don't lock you down over 2 months before renewal time, like GoDaddy does. Make a change on your email address in the control panel? They lock your domain and don't let you leave. If you make ANY changes to your domain (including changing an email in any of the positions, admin, tech, billing, etc.) they will freeze your domain and not let you leave.

    The only way they will let you leave is after you have paid them.

    But here's the catch.

    You cannot leave for 2 months AFTER you have paid them because they claim to be worried the payment method will reverse and you will beat them out of renewal fees. Their hope is that you will forget about it and not leave until the following year @ same time, which is when they lock you again . . . and so they hope the trend will continue year after year.

    Neither Namecheap nor Enom.com give you such grief. (There are many others who don't as well.)
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2870053].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author roger123
    Also, godaddy charges about $10 for domain privacy. It is better to get domains from name.com where they have promos for free domain privacy.
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2870212].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author davewebsmith
      If you dont like GD then dont use them ... Go use someone else there are tons of alternatives ...

      As for all the "shady marketing" stuff ...

      Its best to check what you are agreeing to before you click checkout ...
      Thats common sense ...

      Havent you heard of "Reading the Small Print" ?
      Signature
      watch this space ...
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2871726].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author davewebsmith
      Originally Posted by roger123 View Post

      Also, godaddy charges about $10 for domain privacy. It is better to get domains from name.com where they have promos for free domain privacy.
      Register a post office box for less per annum and update your contact information accordingly ...
      Signature
      watch this space ...
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2871732].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Istvan Horvath
    not like other forced free trials usually associated with this type of promos you get from shady marketers...
    GD is "shady marketer"...
    Signature

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2870392].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Tina Golden
      I just got charged $4.99, too. I didn't realize that it was in my cart, apparently. I've been using GoDaddy for years and as long as I keep skipping the upsell offers, I've never had them put something in the cart automatically. Obviously, I just didn't pay attention.

      I didn't even ask for a refund - figured it was probably my fault. But I did go immediately and cancel and make sure that all instances of the free month were set so they didn't auto-renew.

      Tina
      Signature
      Discover how to have fabulous, engaging content with
      Fast & Easy Content Creation
      ***Especially if you don't have enough time, money, or just plain HATE writing***
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2871567].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author VegasGreg
    I got the $4.99 charge too. I may have skipped the remove button when ordering, not sure.

    I simply called Godaddy, asked what this charge was and the promptly canceled it and refunded my money. No questions asked. Their customer service is top notch.
    Signature

    Greg Schueler - Wordpress Fanatic... Living The Offline Marketing Dream...

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2871825].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author A Bary
      Originally Posted by VegasGreg View Post

      I got the $4.99 charge too. I may have skipped the remove button when ordering, not sure.

      I simply called Godaddy, asked what this charge was and the promptly canceled it and refunded my money. No questions asked. Their customer service is top notch.
      That's the point, although some of Godaddy's upselling tactics are annoying, still they are real professionals and will never take your money and run...

      Maybe that's only me, but I believe Godaddy is one of the best IM related sites when it comes to customer service, no one is ideal, but I always found them better than many others...
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2872572].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Steve Wells
      Originally Posted by VegasGreg View Post

      I got the $4.99 charge too. I may have skipped the remove button when ordering, not sure.

      I simply called Godaddy, asked what this charge was and the promptly canceled it and refunded my money. No questions asked. Their customer service is top notch.
      I agree 100% with their customer service, they have ALWAYS been very helpful.

      I've have many IM's and Programmers say that they are hard to work with, and get the correct information about setting certain things up.

      But I have never had a problem, mainly maybe because I go into it with a postive mindset and do my best to ask the right questions with the right attitude expecting a positive outcome.

      They've always bent over backwards to help in anyway they can....

      I wish they had cpanel though, I will be eventually getting a hostgator reseller account with cpanel, because I will neet it. But up until know Godaddy has been a great and affordable service for me....
      Signature
      Need Custom Graphics Work? - Message Me For A Design Quote!
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2872643].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author A Bary
        Originally Posted by EWGQDD View Post

        I agree 100% with their customer service, they have ALWAYS been very helpful.

        I've have many IM's and Programmers say that they are hard to work with, and get the correct information about setting certain things up.

        But I have never had a problem, mainly maybe because I go into it with a postive mindset and do my best to ask the right questions with the right attitude expecting a positive outcome.

        They've always bent over backwards to help in anyway they can....

        I wish they had cpanel though, I will be eventually getting a hostgator reseller account with cpanel, because I will neet it. But up until know Godaddy has been a great and affordable service for me....

        Try Bluehost customer service (an ideal example for stupid customer service) and you'll be convinced Godaddy is a bless.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2872685].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author aandersen
    I don't mean to derail, but does anyone in here have a current promo code? I need to buy a new domain, and I have no problems with GD.
    Signature

    signature goes here

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2872697].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author A Bary
      Originally Posted by aandersen View Post

      I don't mean to derail, but does anyone in here have a current promo code? I need to buy a new domain, and I have no problems with GD.

      Not sure it still works , but this promo will bring the domain price to $0.99

      SCARYONE
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2872725].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author N4PGW
        Originally Posted by A Bary View Post

        Not sure it still works , but this promo will bring the domain price to $0.99

        SCARYONE
        Thats the one with the trial offer. I did not see it as an option ever before I saw the receipt.
        Signature

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2874477].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author N4PGW
    Originally Posted by Mark Brian View Post

    I know that there are a lot of Godaddy complains already but here's another one:

    Most of us here are a fan of the $1 domain promo which happens almost monthly.
    Thing is it automatically includes a free trial for a month of "Website Tonight" in your shopping cart.
    I have no problem with that as long as you remove it in your cart.

    Thing is, I remember removing that free trial in my cart when I purchased the $1 domain promo.
    Now one month later, Godaddy charged my card $4.99/mo and policy says it's non refundable.

    Any warriors here also charged? It could be a glitch in the promo or simply yet another classic Godaddy trickery. Either way, I guess be careful when using the next $1 domain promo.
    No, I was not charged. I read my invoice and saw the trial offer, but called them, rather confused, but they very professionally and politely removed it and told me how I could verify that the product was removed even before it was ever charged.

    God gave us two eyes and only one mouth. Use all three wisely.
    Signature

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2874473].message }}

Trending Topics