I'm 12% as popular as Kevin Riley...

43 replies
... and that makes me feel special! Seriously though, I have 121 followers on Twitter now - Kevin has 1022. I'm 12% as popular as he is - and nowhere near as handsome, talented, or bearded. And my squirrel army is shameful by comparison...

In all seriousness, I used Dana Willhoit's Twitter WSO to build up an account. I had no idea what I was doing, but it sounded interesting so I created an account. In ONE day, I've got 121 followers, and I've already had two people asking about my copywriting services.

If you guys aren't using Twitter yet, you're CRAZY! Go! Do it now! Here, I'll even link... Twitter: What are you doing?

See you there, tweeple!

- Cherilyn
#12% #kevin #popular #riley
  • Profile picture of the author Mike Williams
    One thing I don't get about the Twitter thing: what's so great about it if it cuts you off at like 2,000 people?

    It seems like just another mini-list. Nice way to make some extra sales but is there really so much potential with those limits?

    I'm happy to be corrected.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[258568].message }}
  • Mike - It doesn't really cut you off at 2000 people... You can follow up to 2000 people UNTIL more than 2000 people are following you - then you can follow as many as you like.

    There is no limit on the number of people who can follow you as far as I know... And besides, these are all people who are on the computer, reading their twitter messages. I think I must have spent 3 hours on there today...

    - Cherilyn
    Signature
    Take your product from idea to profit in less than 90 days! Work with me to develop and implement a step-by-step plan for success!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[258577].message }}
  • For example - Michel Fortin has 2080 followers, Joe Vitale has 2531, and Willie Crawford himself has 4,469 people following him.

    - Cherilyn
    Signature
    Take your product from idea to profit in less than 90 days! Work with me to develop and implement a step-by-step plan for success!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[258578].message }}
  • That's all............Geeeeeez I am not on twitter and I have 68 million Followers in the guitar world. .....but My name is ROCK ...yes Rock Guitar....ha ha....for real I do have many people who know me, but why count.
    Signature
    Rock,Blues Guitarist GW Williams - Free Internet Guitar information on new guitars,top brand strings,Guitar Lessons,tab,chords,lead guitar,hot licks,lead scales,guitar tips,and techniques all Free

    Online Christian Blog Living For God Online
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[258581].message }}
  • Hope that isn't sarcasm and I got it all wrong - LOL!

    - Cherilyn
    Signature
    Take your product from idea to profit in less than 90 days! Work with me to develop and implement a step-by-step plan for success!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[258601].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Alex Sol
    You are at 136 now
    Signature
    Alex Sol, Full time online marketer since 2007
    The Extra Paycheck Blog | Extra Paycheck Podcast
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[258604].message }}
  • 138 actually
    Signature
    Take your product from idea to profit in less than 90 days! Work with me to develop and implement a step-by-step plan for success!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[258615].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author DougBarger
    Cool thread Cherlyn,

    Make sure to send me some tweets and we can be tweeps for keeps.

    Congrats on your success
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[258637].message }}
  • Doug - following you already, you're on my "to tweet tomowwow" list.

    I'm now putting "TW" in everything I tway. Twitter twis that twawesome.

    (Couldn't put "tw" in "that" in good conscience... If you figure out why, enjoy the giggle. )

    - Cherilyn
    Signature
    Take your product from idea to profit in less than 90 days! Work with me to develop and implement a step-by-step plan for success!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[258645].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Kevin Riley
    Originally Posted by Cherilyn Lester View Post

    I'm 12% as popular as he is

    I'm envious. I'm only 8% as popular as me.
    Signature
    Kevin Riley, Kevin Riley Publishing, Osaka, Japan


    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[258652].message }}
  • Haha Kevin - how do you figure that? I knew you would find this thread eventually... it was one of the squirrels, wasn't it? One of them ratted me out...
    Signature
    Take your product from idea to profit in less than 90 days! Work with me to develop and implement a step-by-step plan for success!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[258655].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Kevin Riley
      Originally Posted by Cherilyn Lester View Post

      Haha Kevin - how do you figure that? I knew you would find this thread eventually... it was one of the squirrels, wasn't it? One of them ratted me out...
      Actually, the 8% is with the squirrels. They're very upset that I only employ hamsters in my Labs and have surrounded my building. The poor FedEx guy was seriously bruised when they started pelting him with walnuts.

      Here's a toy for you:

      Twitter Grader | Score Your Twitter Profile Power

      I'm pulling a 99.6 on there right now. Wondering if I can get the printout framed. Will it make a difference? Will the squirrels relent? Can we again have harmony amongst hamsters and squirrels?
      Signature
      Kevin Riley, Kevin Riley Publishing, Osaka, Japan


      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[258663].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Alex Sol
        Originally Posted by Kevin Riley View Post

        Actually, the 8% is with the squirrels. They're very upset that I only employ hamsters in my Labs and have surrounded my building. The poor FedEx guy was seriously bruised when they started pelting him with walnuts.

        Here's a toy for you:

        Twitter Grader | Score Your Twitter Profile Power

        I'm pulling a 99.6 on there right now. Wondering if I can get the printout framed. Will it make a difference? Will the squirrels relent? Can we again have harmony amongst hamsters and squirrels?
        I'm at 84... a lot of catching up to do
        Signature
        Alex Sol, Full time online marketer since 2007
        The Extra Paycheck Blog | Extra Paycheck Podcast
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[258904].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author tommygadget
        YIKES! I just entered my username into that link. How depressing. I'm not gonna even post the score.

        TomG.

        Originally Posted by Kevin Riley View Post

        Actually, the 8% is with the squirrels. They're very upset that I only employ hamsters in my Labs and have surrounded my building. The poor FedEx guy was seriously bruised when they started pelting him with walnuts.

        Here's a toy for you:

        Twitter Grader | Score Your Twitter Profile Power

        I'm pulling a 99.6 on there right now. Wondering if I can get the printout framed. Will it make a difference? Will the squirrels relent? Can we again have harmony amongst hamsters and squirrels?
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[258970].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Kevin Riley
          Originally Posted by tommygadget View Post

          YIKES! I just entered my username into that link. How depressing. I'm not gonna even post the score.

          TomG.
          Dang. I didn't know Twitter Grade went into negative numbers.
          Signature
          Kevin Riley, Kevin Riley Publishing, Osaka, Japan


          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[259015].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author J.Knight
    144 in one day??

    What's the strategy? I'm guessing (though I may be wrong):

    1. Follow everyone you can find
    2. Cross your fingers, hoping they follow you back
    3. Unfollow those you're not interested in
    4. Rinse and repeat

    Am I right?

    JK
    Signature
    You Absolutely DO NOT Want >>> This FREE Report <<< It May Change Your Life!

    Like to chitter? Add me on Twitter!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[258674].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author DougBarger
    Hey Kevin,

    Yeah, you can actually enter your username 'after' the grader folder/tag

    and it will create a badge that you can put on any content you choose.

    DougBarger | Twitter Grader

    I noticed Dana Willhoit's pic on the recently graded profiles.

    Paul Hancox was voted "Tweep of the Day" yesterday.

    Just less than half a single percentile to go Kevin and you'll be officially

    "Elite" according to their standards.

    And that's kind of "mainstream".

    Of course Obama only has like 120,000+ followers at the moment.

    Guess he's waiting til Jan. '09 like you and me.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[258675].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Kevin Riley
      Originally Posted by DougBarger View Post


      Just less than half a single percentile to go Kevin and you'll be officially

      "Elite" according to their standards.
      Actually, I'm number one amongst the Twitter Elite of Osaka. Not bad out of 12,000,000 people. Wonder if I should get a bumper sticker. But then that'd mean getting a car again. Naw! Maybe just tattoo it on my forehead.
      Signature
      Kevin Riley, Kevin Riley Publishing, Osaka, Japan


      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[258727].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author DougBarger
        Originally Posted by Kevin Riley View Post

        Actually, I'm number one amongst the Twitter Elite of Osaka. Not bad out of 12,000,000 people. Wonder if I should get a bumper sticker. But then that'd mean getting a car again. Naw! Maybe just tattoo it on my forehead.

        Oh, I see, you're right! Wasn't looking at the Osaka results at first.

        Hey when you're doing better than 99% of users in the world, you're in good shape Mr. Riley!
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[258732].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author stacyfox
        Originally Posted by Kevin Riley View Post

        Maybe just tattoo it on my forehead.


        Hey, if you're going to tattoo something on your forehead, shouldn't you at least auction the space off on ebay???
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[259572].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Sean A McAlister
          Cherilyn...

          That's cause Kevin owns a Hamster Farm!

          I was going to check and see if I am following you....but I can't the Big Bird is down....lol


          I will get ya once it is back online!


          That Dana....she can be tough....you gotta watch her
          Signature
          New Product Launches, Affiliate Marketplace

          Need More Sales? More Affiliates? LaunchBoards.com
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[259588].message }}
  • Kevin - thanks for the treat Twitter is down at the moment, but it will be nice when I get back up in the morning.

    Night guys!

    - Cherilyn
    Signature
    Take your product from idea to profit in less than 90 days! Work with me to develop and implement a step-by-step plan for success!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[258803].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Stanley Tang
    And I'm 12% more popular than Kevin

    (actually 10%, but 12 sounds more in tune with this thread LOL)
    Signature
    eMillions: Behind-The-Scenes Stories of 14 Successful Internet Millionaires
    Get Your Copy of The #1 Best-Seller Now At Amazon For $13.57

    http://www.emillionsbook.com
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[258830].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Dana_W
    Twitter IS down. Where will I take my insomnia? Why, to the Warrior Forum!

    And yes, you can follow more than 2000 - I have more than 2700 followers and I think I'm following about 2800 right now.

    I seriously get all my best paying customers from Twitter and most of my Tweets are social, not work related.

    The Warrior Forum has a list of Warriors Who Tweet: http://www.warriorforum.com/groups/t...followers.html Good tweeple to follow.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[258865].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author mudmat
    Originally Posted by Cherilyn Lester View Post

    ... and that makes me feel special! Seriously though, I have 121 followers on Twitter now - Kevin has 1022. I'm 12% as popular as he is - and nowhere near as handsome, talented, or bearded. And my squirrel army is shameful by comparison...

    In all seriousness, I used Dana Willhoit's Twitter WSO to build up an account. I had no idea what I was doing, but it sounded interesting so I created an account. In ONE day, I've got 121 followers, and I've already had two people asking about my copywriting services.

    If you guys aren't using Twitter yet, you're CRAZY! Go! Do it now! Here, I'll even link... Twitter: What are you doing?

    See you there, tweeple!

    - Cherilyn

    Wow! Thats great!

    Having twitter is like having a list of people following your every move that is if you want to update them on your every move..

    I already have a twitter account but have not used it yet.

    Will certainly use it now!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[258871].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Frank Ayres
    What can you do with twitter?
    Signature

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[258899].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Dana_W
      Originally Posted by SpudDS View Post

      What can you do with twitter?
      Make tons of connections, find a huge new targeted audience, socialize, market...(subtly)...go on Twitter, which is now back up, and check it out!
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[258906].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author mudmat
    I've decided to sign up for a new account.

    I've follwed Cherilyn and Dana.

    Now checking out Dana's WSO on twitter..
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[258913].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Dana_W
      Originally Posted by mudmat View Post

      I've decided to sign up for a new account.

      I've follwed Cherilyn and Dana.

      Now checking out Dana's WSO on twitter..
      My download link is broken - send me your email!
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[259244].message }}
  • Well, my grade was only 74... BUT I think that's pretty good for an account I only used for a day.

    More proof that you can have more than 2000 followers - Twitter grader has their own twitter account, with over 16,800 followers. No, that's not a typo - sixteen thousand, eight hundred.

    That's no mini-list.

    - Cherilyn
    Signature
    Take your product from idea to profit in less than 90 days! Work with me to develop and implement a step-by-step plan for success!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[259302].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Shannon Herod
      Originally Posted by Cherilyn Lester View Post

      Well, my grade was only 74... BUT I think that's pretty good for an account I only used for a day.

      More proof that you can have more than 2000 followers - Twitter grader has their own twitter account, with over 16,800 followers. No, that's not a typo - sixteen thousand, eight hundred.

      That's no mini-list.

      - Cherilyn

      Imagine what you could do with that many Followers!

      Shannon
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[259488].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Dana_W
    Supersoakers at high noon, Sean.

    Twitterers with the most followers - Twitterholic: Who are these people? I'm NOT on there! Yet.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[259855].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Sean A McAlister
      Originally Posted by Dana_W View Post

      Supersoakers at high noon, Sean.

      Twitterers with the most followers - Twitterholic: Who are these people? I'm NOT on there! Yet.

      I am coming after you! You better be ready! January its on!
      Signature
      New Product Launches, Affiliate Marketplace

      Need More Sales? More Affiliates? LaunchBoards.com
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[260124].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Chris W. Sutton
        ... and that makes me feel special! Seriously though, I have 121 followers on Twitter now - Kevin has 1022. I'm 12% as popular as he is - and nowhere near as handsome, talented, or bearded. And my squirrel army is shameful by comparison...
        Following Kevin Riley? Okay, I am going to need for someone to explain to me why ANYONE would want to be downwind from Kevin Riley!
        Signature

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[260925].message }}
  • {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[260974].message }}
  • Steven - I'll take it as a compliment anyway - even if I'm lacking the beardedness...

    - Cherilyn
    Signature
    Take your product from idea to profit in less than 90 days! Work with me to develop and implement a step-by-step plan for success!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[260988].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Dana_W
    Come over to the Twit side, Joe...try it, you'll like it...all the cool kids are doing it. Don't you want to be cool? The first tweet is free...
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[261044].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ezimedia
    HI

    Just joined going to give this a try sounds like a lot of fun...

    Tom
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[261274].message }}

Trending Topics