A wso buyer does a Chargeback

22 replies
A buyer here bought a wso (plr articles) and after more than a month, I received an email from paypal, claiming that the buyer had filed a chargeback and claimed that this purchase was made without authorization!!

All he had to do, was mail me and claim a refund. But I guess, he had no good excuses left :-)

This guy had joined the forum in Oct,2010, and I just checked to see that he had made a few other wso purchases and posted on the respective thread that he had not received the product.

Is there a way to notify any moderator about this person, to maybe block this guy/ip from future wso purchases?

Thanks.
Vijay
#buyer #chargeback #wso
  • {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2908972].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Marketing Merit
    I'm new here myself so am not sure of the correct protocol Vijay.

    However, I imagine that you would be able to go to:

    Warrior Forum Helpdesk

    and open a ticket.

    As an aside, I didn't think PayPal's dispute process included non-tangible items so, whilst I normally advocate a "no quibble" refund, you could always challenge the dispute on this basis if you feel the member is pulling a fast one.

    EDIT: Sorry, I see he is claiming an unauthorized transaction in your case and not goods not received...he's probably learned a lesson from his earlier attempts at refunds!!

    Regards,

    Cheryll
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2908987].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Mike Baker
    Make a dispute claim by going to the Resolution Center in Paypal.
    Signature

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2909002].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author jlgbuss
    Paypal will never fight a credit card chargeback for you when dealing with digital products. You will always lose.

    ...I don't understand why people do this. I have asked for refunds myself when the product was not what I expected... but afer a month and issuing a chargeback? That's not honest.

    I have had a few customers that buy and ask for a refund right away... and they are in the right to do so ever since the famous "no questions asked money back guarantee" was born. But when someone asks for refunds over and over again... Perhaps clickbank, paypal or similar should do something about it.
    Signature
    Want your English microsite, product and business
    turned into a Spanish language pro market champion?


    Less competition, millions of unsaturated buyers!
    I don't translate words. I translate Ideas, concepts,
    moods. I spice, shake and dazzle fizzle. PM me!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2909023].message }}
  • {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2909044].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Frank Ziegler
    Disclosing the names won't help. They can just make other accounts
    Signature
    Free! Get My High-Converting Squeeze Pages (40% - 65% for me personally...)

    Click here to download your squeeze pages...
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2909074].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author bretski
      Originally Posted by Frank Ziegler View Post

      Disclosing the names won't help. They can just make other accounts
      Disclosing names is against WF rules... sure they could compare notes privately but not on the forum. And they could try to create another account but many have tried and failed. I think it ends in a banning...
      Signature
      ***Affordable Quality Content Written For You!***
      Experience Content Writer - PM Bretski!
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2913879].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author E. Brian Rose
    I once had a member of one of my membership sites file a chargeback for 4 months worth of membership fees. He was an active poster on the site's forums and had successfully made money with the course. When I confronted him, he said that he needed the money for the holidays. PayPal said that they did not have suitable evidence to fight the chargeback, even though I sent a copy of his email and a link to the 60 day money back guarantee.

    Bottom line is that PayPal will not fight chargebacks for digital products. The only thing that you can do is take note of the buyer and try not to let him or her buy from you again.
    Signature

    Founder of JVZoo. All around good guy :)

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2909089].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Vijay M
      Originally Posted by E. Brian Rose View Post

      I once had a member of one of my membership sites file a chargeback for 4 months worth of membership fees. He was an active poster on the site's forums and had successfully made money with the course. When I confronted him, he said that he needed the money for the holidays. PayPal said that they did not have suitable evidence to fight the chargeback, even though I sent a copy of his email and a link to the 60 day money back guarantee.

      Bottom line is that PayPal will not fight chargebacks for digital products. The only thing that you can do is take note of the buyer and try not to let him or her buy from you again.
      wow Brian..that is insane.

      While I don't want his 20$, I'm a bit pissed with the way he went about it. Because of the nature of the product, I did not even advertise a refund policy.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2909176].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Marketing Merit
        Originally Posted by Vijay M View Post

        While I don't want his 20$, I'm a bit pissed with the way he went about it. Because of the nature of the product, I did not even advertise a refund policy.

        I think that's the part that niggles most of us Vijay...the buyer's lack of integrity that is and not the actual financial loss.

        Unfortunately, I think we just have to accept that it's an occupational hazard and you have to rise above it. Again, it's so difficult to "ban" individuals from purchasing your items when multiple email addresses are so easily available and digital items are normally delivered automatically.

        As has already been said, by other Warriors, PayPal will just roll over if an unauthorised transaction is claimed.

        Onwards and upwards eh?!!

        Cheryll
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2912985].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Caleb Spilchen
    "If you have a problem with anyone, god guru whatever, take it outside the forum".

    I believe that is 'somewhat' of a translation of the rules,
    so you cannot mention the name of the Warrior here, it
    is very sad when people do it, BUT it is not always there
    fault.

    A good example of this, is when I sold a site to someone,
    who was actually on vacation in Toronto, at the time. they
    were american, so paypal shut them down and subsequently
    told me he was using a "stolen" paypal account, when I told
    them, that the names matched on Flippa, they just told me
    to refund the guy. So I put the refund motion through thinking
    it was a stolen credit card, next day the guy called me, and
    said "Dude, I was in Canada, and PayPal got sucpicious". So
    it's not always that they chargeback because they want to
    get there money back, it sometimes happens that paypals little
    fraud department gets worried.

    Caleb
    Signature

    Canadian Expat Living in Medellin, Colombia

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2909117].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Vijay M
      Originally Posted by Caleb Spilchen View Post

      "If you have a problem with anyone, god guru whatever, take it outside the forum".

      I believe that is 'somewhat' of a translation of the rules,
      so you cannot mention the name of the Warrior here, it
      is very sad when people do it, BUT it is not always there
      fault.

      A good example of this, is when I sold a site to someone,
      who was actually on vacation in Toronto, at the time. they
      were american, so paypal shut them down and subsequently
      told me he was using a "stolen" paypal account, when I told
      them, that the names matched on Flippa, they just told me
      to refund the guy. So I put the refund motion through thinking
      it was a stolen credit card, next day the guy called me, and
      said "Dude, I was in Canada, and PayPal got sucpicious". So
      it's not always that they chargeback because they want to
      get there money back, it sometimes happens that paypals little
      fraud department gets worried.

      Caleb
      Caleb..thats yet another insane example. But in this case, the buyer initiated the chargeback after about 1.5 months.

      And, it was not a strategy/technique that he had to check first and then request a refund, it was for PLR articles, which he could have requested a refund immediately, if he was not satisfied.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2909189].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Sardent
    Someone should start a databank of bad buyers.
    I mean really, where is the "Equifax" for sellers?
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2909212].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Tom B
      Banned
      Originally Posted by Sardent View Post

      Someone should start a databank of bad buyers.
      I mean really, where is the "Equifax" for sellers?

      Do a search, on this forum, and you will see valid reasons why a "databank" of bad buyers is not wise. Besides, how do you know your definition of a bad buyer is the same as mine?
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2909220].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author GuerrillaIM
      Originally Posted by Sardent View Post

      Someone should start a databank of bad buyers.
      I mean really, where is the "Equifax" for sellers?
      Are you going to create a databank of crappy overpriced WSO's while your at it?
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2916534].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Billy Rey
    the nasty part is paypal charges extra for the charge backs....argh
    Signature

    ✔✔✔Leapfroggr Digital Marketing+SEO Services✔✔✔
    [/CENTER]

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2913206].message }}
  • Move on. You are spending too much time worrying about this. In the time you've worried about it, you could have done promotions to make more sales.

    Sadly, it is just part of doing business. There are people like that. While I try to keep it low, I get chargebacks from people from time to time that I know are using/have used/or just want the product for free. After a while, if these people continually do chargebacks, the credit card company will either force them to register an additional PIN to 'identify' themselves, or tell them to stop buying online.

    But again, it's just part of business. Standard accounting allows you have to have 5% of your goods "lost" as spoliage/being stolen/etc. Do the same here, and focus on attracting the buyers that love what you have.

    John
    Signature
    Pick a product. Pick ANY product! -> 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2913691].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Vijay M
    I have moved on, but thought I should post an update.

    Update: The other 2 sellers from who this guy bought, confirmed via PM that he had claimed a chargeback from them too.

    Happy Thanksgiving All.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2916303].message }}

Trending Topics