FACT: Over 95% of marketers are failing.. Here's why..

53 replies
As you may have noticed there is a million ways to a million dollars. You just need to find the one that works for you. There are thousands of ways to make a living from home. And there is not a "one" way that works for everyone, although many marketers preach their opportunity as the one and only true solution to make everyone rich. And to top it off, we have hundreds of thousands of marketers screaming at the top of their lungs that their opportunity is the best.

The main reason marketers fail is because they are focused on themselves. We are by nature selfish. (As hard as that may hurt) So we tend to focus on what we want. What we want to earn. What we want to drive. What we want to sell. What we,we,we,we etc.

It took me a long time to figure this out. When you focus on people, and helping people get what THEY want, the things you want naturally follow. Think of it as the law of gravity. Whatever you through up, will come right back to you. If all you focus on is money, money, money- you will get people in your life who all THEY think about is money, money, money. They see you and see dollar signs.

Focus on people. This is network marketing. It is a people business. Let's help each other out and not try and make a dollar off of everyone we come in contact with. Take this approach for a few months and if it makes no difference in your business you can find me and punch me in the face for giving you such crappy advice!
#95% #business #fact #failing #marketers #network marketing #opportunity
  • Profile picture of the author Wealthyclark
    We need more people to think like this, it's the long term path to success, not only for marketing but for anything in life.

    Great Post!
    Signature
    Now Accepting All Countries! Earn $5.10 Per Free Referral, Totally Free To Participate!
    WealthyClark.com
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3046142].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Andyhenry
    Please could I see where this test is published that shows the FACT that over 95% are failing? It would be very interesting to read.
    Signature

    nothing to see here.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3046169].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Wealthyclark
      Originally Posted by Andyhenry View Post

      Please could I see where this test is published that shows the FACT that over 95% are failing? It would be very interesting to read.
      I'm sure the guy doesn't have those numbers anywhere set in stone, but the main point of his post is true. IMHO!
      Signature
      Now Accepting All Countries! Earn $5.10 Per Free Referral, Totally Free To Participate!
      WealthyClark.com
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3046193].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Andyhenry
        Originally Posted by Wealthyclark View Post

        I'm sure the guy doesn't have those numbers anywhere set in stone, but the main point of his post is true. IMHO!
        Then why have a thread saying "FACT!" ????

        The concept of the thread is not new and has been said here over and over again - using a made up statement of fact as a dramatic headline is just misleading.
        Signature

        nothing to see here.

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3046231].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Mike Hlatky
          Originally Posted by Andyhenry View Post

          Then why have a thread saying "FACT!" ????

          The concept of the thread is not new and has been said here over and over again - using a made up statement of fact as a dramatic headline is just misleading.
          Woah!!!

          Marketers using misleading headings?!?!?!

          Unbelievable
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3046244].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author Andyhenry
            Originally Posted by Mike Hlatky View Post

            Woah!!!

            Marketers using misleading headings?!?!?!

            Unbelievable
            Nice sarcasm - but every day there are people coming here complaining that "the gurus" are all telling them lies and saying things that aren't true - and then you're telling me that it's something they want to see here too?

            Come on - let's get real.

            Making up statements like that is ok as a blatent generalisation but to add FACT makes it BS.
            Signature

            nothing to see here.

            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3046294].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author Mike Hlatky
              Originally Posted by Andyhenry View Post

              Nice sarcasm - but every day there are people coming here complaining that "the gurus" are all telling them lies and saying things that aren't true - and then you're telling me that it's something they want to see here too?

              Come on - let's get real.

              Making up statements like that is ok as a blatent generalisation but to add FACT makes it BS.
              I completely agree with you.

              But, I think that people should be able to think for themselves and not have to buy everything that some "guru" has to say. (I despise using the term "guru" in an IM setting because I have always associated it with Middle Eastern religion)

              It is a made up statistic that gets thrown around a lot. Many people do fail at IM, but it would be impossible to get an actual number.

              I think that he was just using it to get people to look at his thread, which he did an excellent job of. I also believe that he brings out a good point. Could he have gone without the headline? Sure. Would he have gotten as many views? Probably not.
              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3046543].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author Dan C. Rinnert
            Originally Posted by Mike Hlatky View Post

            Woah!!!

            Marketers using misleading headings?!?!?!

            Unbelievable
            Maybe that's why 95% of them are failing.
            Signature

            Dan's content is irregularly read by handfuls of people. Join the elite few by reading his blog: dcrBlogs.com, following him on Twitter: dcrTweets.com or reading his fiction: dcrWrites.com but NOT by Clicking Here!

            Dan also writes content for hire, but you can't afford him anyway.
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3046389].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Ron Douglas
      Originally Posted by Andyhenry View Post

      Please could I see where this test is published that shows the FACT that over 95% are failing? It would be very interesting to read.
      I'd wager to say a large percentage of the nominal "95%" aren't really Internet Marketers at all - they're just tire kickers who never really took action and didn't stick with it.

      Calling them failed Internet Marketers is like saying that people who took a few acting lessons but didn't make it to Hollywood are failed actors. They were never actors to begin with.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3046338].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author myob
        97.3% of all statistics are just made up.
        Signature
        “If I have seen further than others, it is by standing upon the shoulders of giants.” – Isaac Newton
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3046371].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Andyhenry
        Originally Posted by Ron Douglas View Post

        I'd wager to say a large percentage of the nominal "95%" aren't really Internet Marketers at all - they're just tire kickers who never really took action and didn't stick with it.

        Calling them failed Internet Marketers is like saying that people who took a few acting lessons but didn't make it to Hollywood are failed actors. They were never actors to begin with.
        Right.

        I'm not actually trying to dispute the idea that most people are struggling or not successful - just that stating a percentage as 'fact' when it blatantly isn't just doesn't make sense here.

        When I saw the thread title I was expecting the post to be about a survey or something that had finally proved this 'fact'.
        Signature

        nothing to see here.

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3046889].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Ron Douglas
          Originally Posted by Andyhenry View Post

          Right.

          I'm not actually trying to dispute the idea that most people are struggling or not successful - just that stating a percentage as 'fact' when it blatantly isn't just doesn't make sense here.

          When I saw the thread title I was expecting the post to be about a survey or something that had finally proved this 'fact'.
          Yes, I know. We agree on both counts.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3046921].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Alexa Smith
          Banned
          Originally Posted by Andyhenry View Post

          I'm not actually trying to dispute the idea that most people are struggling or not successful - just that stating a percentage as 'fact' when it blatantly isn't just doesn't make sense here.
          I agree.

          I'm also not disputing that, but it's very clearly not "just fact", and is open to all sorts of considerations and qualifications.

          However, the comment in the OP was made of network marketing, not internet marketing. I'm not suggesting it makes any more sense that way, either, but the realities are that in the network marketing forums where such posts are made (before sometimes being pasted in here as an "additional post"), you'd typically get away with stating that as "fact" without anyone questioning it. (The OP is a network marketer - surprise, surprise.)
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3046927].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Kevin Riley
        Originally Posted by Ron Douglas View Post

        I'd wager to say a large percentage of the nominal "95%" aren't really Internet Marketers at all - they're just tire kickers who never really took action and didn't stick with it.

        Calling them failed Internet Marketers is like saying that people who took a few acting lessons but didn't make it to Hollywood are failed actors. They were never actors to begin with.
        It is very difficult to say it better than Mr Douglas did here ... so I shall just copy and paste his comment. This is very important for newbies to understand.
        Signature
        Kevin Riley, Kevin Riley Publishing, Osaka, Japan


        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3048560].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author CyberSorcerer
      Originally Posted by Andyhenry View Post

      Please could I see where this test is published that shows the FACT that over 95% are failing? It would be very interesting to read.
      I can say this from experience. Maybe not 95%, but in my teaching it's definitely around 75-80% and it's because of a lot of different reasons. I could write a whole article about why new IM'ers fail, and probably will, but the biggest reason is "Action."

      You would be surprised at how many people buy courses, ebooks, videos, etc spend 10-15 hours reading, watching and studying them and don't do nothing or maybe just do a few things and get no results and quit saying "this doesn't work" or "IM is just a scam, you can't make any money doing this."

      Well we all know their wrong and what their actually saying is that They can't make any money doing internet marketing. Think about the attitude of famous sports athletes Terrel Owens, Shaq, Tom Brady, Tiger Woods, Michael Jordan, etc; are they quitters? No.

      "The Only Way You Can Fail At Internet Marketing Is To Quit"
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3046441].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Dave Rodman
    Banned
    The title is kinda funny since it's most likely a guess more than a fact.

    But beyond that, there are TONS of reasons why people fail/businesses fail. But for some reason people want to narrow it down to THE ONE REASON WHY YOU ARE FAILING. It could be bad timing, lack of money, divorce, health issue, lack of focus, poor execution, etc, etc, etc.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3046204].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author scortillion
    Originally Posted by lovemyth View Post

    As you may have noticed there is a million ways to a million dollars. You just need to find the one that works for you. There are thousands of ways to make a living from home. And there is not a "one" way that works for everyone, although many marketers preach their opportunity as the one and only true solution to make everyone rich. And to top it off, we have hundreds of thousands of marketers screaming at the top of their lungs that their opportunity is the best.

    The main reason marketers fail is because they are focused on themselves. We are by nature selfish. (As hard as that may hurt) So we tend to focus on what we want. What we want to earn. What we want to drive. What we want to sell. What we,we,we,we etc.

    It took me a long time to figure this out. When you focus on people, and helping people get what THEY want, the things you want naturally follow. Think of it as the law of gravity. Whatever you through up, will come right back to you. If all you focus on is money, money, money- you will get people in your life who all THEY think about is money, money, money. They see you and see dollar signs.

    Focus on people. This is network marketing. It is a people business. Let's help each other out and not try and make a dollar off of everyone we come in contact with. Take this approach for a few months and if it makes no difference in your business you can find me and punch me in the face for giving you such crappy advice!
    I wouldn't say so much selfish as survival. Our natural instinct is to survive to make sure our family and we survive. This is built into us as instinct and to go against that needs conscious thought and the will to help others. But over all I agree what you say that you must focus on your customer and offer them more then they expect, way more.
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3046212].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Housestacks
      This is interesting. Changing is always hard - the gurus say it takes 30-90 days to change. This must be done everyday and if you miss one day you must start the clock over.

      IM is very hard to find something that works.

      Perseverance

      Focus

      any other you can think of?
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3046267].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author gai001
        Originally Posted by tonycre View Post

        This is interesting. Changing is always hard - the gurus say it takes 30-90 days to change. This must be done everyday and if you miss one day you must start the clock over.

        IM is very hard to find something that works.

        Perseverance

        Focus

        any other you can think of?
        Strategy is a big one.

        Also, only run a business that you believe in. If you wouldn't buy what you're selling why would anyone else. The best sales people fully believe in and love what they're selling. Same for marketing.
        Signature

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3126832].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author kez1000
    The reason why most marketers fail is because they do alot of talking and not enough doing.. thats it

    people make money because they take action
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3046222].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author imkazu
    information overload is another big one,
    I started out like that personally, too much reading and not taking action
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3046289].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author gittar1122
    Agreed with your discussion but I am unable to find that FACT of 95% marketers are failing.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3046291].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ryanbiddulph
    Hi Gerardo,

    Great insight here.

    Adopt a service oriented mindset. Focus on what you can offer to improve somebody else's life. Stray from this mentality and you will fail, and fail miserably. Few are attracted to selfish types.

    Think and act inwardly and you have to do things all by yourself. Think about others and you grow a network of like-minded people who expand your presence exponentially.

    RB
    Signature
    Ryan Biddulph, Blogger, Author, World Traveling Digital Nomad at Blogging From Paradise
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3046312].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author bertyounger
    "Based on most business experts conform to a theory of "thirds": Of all the new business startups, 1/3 eventually turn a profit, 1/3 break even, and 1/3 never leave a negative earnings scenario. According to a study by the U.S. Small Business Association, only 2/3 of all small business startups survive the first two years and less than half make it to four years." gaebler.com

    So 95% is perhaps an exaggeration but nevertheless most SMBs do fail. I agree about being customer centric as well but execution to a plan is also critical to success. Failure to execute to given a plan is the reason why most of us haven't a clue as why we failed in the first place. We then fallback to the old excuses of bad luck or lack of personal effort.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3046378].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Alexa Smith
    Banned
    Originally Posted by lovemyth View Post

    Focus on people. This is network marketing. It is a people business. Let’s help each other out and not try and make a dollar off of everyone we come in contact with.
    This may have gone down well in the network marketing forum, or on the network marketing blog on which you originally posted it, Lovemyth, but it's perhaps not quite so appropriate here, for the simple reason that this ISN'T network marketing.

    It's internet marketing.

    As you see, although in network marketing forums you can get away with saying "95% fail", and nobody asks where you're getting the figures from, how it's measured and how "failure" is defined anyway, because they almost all believe it to start with, it doesn't quite work the same way here.

    Perhaps make a note for yourself, when doing your "forum marketing" rounds, that this one is the Warrior Forum?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3046704].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author James Clark
      To the OP

      You know who is close to making a million dollars? The guy or gal who is now making $800,000. You wouldn't go into the gym and try to bench press 400lbs would you. You would start with 20lbs and work your way up.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3046878].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Frank Donovan
      Originally Posted by Alexa Smith View Post

      As you see, although in network marketing forums you can get away with saying "95% fail", and nobody asks where you're getting the figures from, how it's measured and how "failure" is defined anyway, because they almost all believe it to start with, it doesn't quite work the same way here.
      It isn't only failure that's not defined; as Ron points out upthread, nor is the term 'marketers'.

      I'm not sure how anyone could be described as a marketer unless they'd actually..er..marketed something.

      Which suggests having taken some sort of action. Is that the group from which 95% are failing? Simply browsing forums or buying products does not a marketer make.

      By the way, the OP should, perhaps, be grateful that the thread headline has captured the bulk of the interest - it's distracting readers from the fact that his post is just a reprint of one that was published on another forum last month.


      Frank
      Signature
      TOP TIP: To browse the forum like a Pro, select "View Classic" from the drop-down menu under your user name.

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3046950].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Alexa Smith
        Banned
        Originally Posted by Frank Donovan View Post

        It isn't only failure that's not defined; as Ron points out upthread, nor is the term 'marketers'.
        I think it's defined as referring to network marketers, Frank, because of the statement made: "This is network marketing". That, and the fact that the OP originally posted it elsewhere, and then pasted it in here some 3 hours later. (I think that part's called "forum marketing", though!).
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3046976].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Mohammad Afaq
          (I think that part's called "forum marketing", though!).
          Let me help out, here's what I found by using good ole' google:

          wicked*fire.com/newbie-questions/111088-fact-over-95-marketers-failing-heres-why.html (The editor automatically filters this link so I can't post a direct link)
          Signature

          “The first draft of anything is shit.” ~Ernest Hemingway

          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3046993].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author Mohammad Afaq
            Originally Posted by John McEachern View Post

            So, what's the point?

            The poster engaged in sloppy "forum marketing" and chose a headline he couldn't (at least up until this point) back up with evidence?

            Is that the point?

            Anyone with any sense would look askance at such a headline, even more so after reading the post in which there was no evidence to back up his assertion.
            Ok this conversation isn't going anywhere.

            Not worth wasting my time on. Think as you wish
            Signature

            “The first draft of anything is shit.” ~Ernest Hemingway

            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3047089].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Martin Luxton
        Finding out how many business fail might actually involve research and hard work.

        Can you imagine spending hours at a site like this

        U.S. SBA Office of Advocacy - Research Publications

        That's just one country.

        And, depending on whose reckoning you believe, there are another 188, 190, 191, 192, 193 or 194 countries in the world.

        And, even if you eventually find out the figures, will you also get the reason for those failures?

        Here's a much quoted Brian Head, economist with the SBA Office of Advocacy, "as a general rule of thumb, new employer businesses have a 50/50 chance of surviving for five years or more," and one of the top reasons these new businesses fail is poor planning.

        That sounds a bit more helpful than the OP's overview but the term "new employer businesses" is troubling as that doesn't seem to encompass the private individuals trying to start an online business from home.

        So it seems we are left with the less impressive headline,

        "Based On My Own Observations, A Lot Of Internet Marketers Fail Because They Focus Too Much On Themselves"

        Not going to win many copywriting prizes, is it?


        Martin
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3047099].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author lovemyth
          Originally Posted by Martin Luxton View Post

          Finding out how many business fail might actually involve research and hard work.

          Can you imagine spending hours at a site like this

          U.S. SBA Office of Advocacy - Research Publications

          That's just one country.

          And, depending on whose reckoning you believe, there are another 188, 190, 191, 192, 193 or 194 countries in the world.

          And, even if you eventually find out the figures, will you also get the reason for those failures?

          Here's a much quoted Brian Head, economist with the SBA Office of Advocacy, "as a general rule of thumb, new employer businesses have a 50/50 chance of surviving for five years or more," and one of the top reasons these new businesses fail is poor planning.

          That sounds a bit more helpful than the OP's overview but the term "new employer businesses" is troubling as that doesn't seem to encompass the private individuals trying to start an online business from home.

          So it seems we are left with the less impressive headline,

          "Based On My Own Observations, A Lot Of Internet Marketers Fail Because They Focus Too Much On Themselves"

          Not going to win many copywriting prizes, is it?


          Martin

          HAHA thank you!
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3126656].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author bgmacaw
      Originally Posted by Alexa Smith View Post

      This may have gone down well in the network marketing forum, or on the network marketing blog on which you originally posted it, Lovemyth, but it's perhaps not quite so appropriate here, for the simple reason that this ISN'T network marketing.
      Thanks Alexa.

      When I saw that line about network marketing I was going to respond with my favorite Henry Rollins video (Liar) but I'll pass this time around.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3054617].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author neodarth
    I was more comfortable with the 98% of people failing... being among the 5% instead of the 2% success make me feel less special...

    Anyway... good karma, give to receive, a very overlooked concept for most so called marketers (err...95%?), yet so powerful.
    Signature
    ==> Negocios Estables en la Web Internet marketing en español.

    ==> Internet Marketing Newbie Created for IM virgins
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3046996].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author CDarklock
    You know what people forget?

    Failure, like poverty, is the default state of humanity.

    If you simply do nothing, you will be a failure. And you will be poor.

    There are no causes of either condition. Nothing causes failure, and nothing causes poverty. They will happen simply because they are what happens in the absence of the things that cause success and wealth.

    Because success and wealth are not the default state of things. They do not "just happen." They have causes. They have reasons. They leave trails and evidence and patterns that can be interpreted, and studied, and followed. And if you do that, chances are you will acquire success and wealth.

    But we don't really say that. We say someone has success, or found success, or is a success. Similarly with wealth. We act in every respect as though these things just happen, while searching for the causes of failure and poverty... which, again, really do just happen.

    If you fail, it is because you did not do what would have been successful.

    If you are poor, it is because you did not do what would have made you wealthy.

    Neither of them are because you did some one specific thing that can be identified and avoided. They are exclusively because you did not do any of several things which would have made you successful or wealthy.

    But there is nothing stopping you from doing something now which will start you on the path to being successful or wealthy.

    And your continued failure or poverty is because you are not doing it.
    Signature
    "The Golden Town is the Golden Town no longer. They have sold their pillars for brass and their temples for money, they have made coins out of their golden doors. It is become a dark town full of trouble, there is no ease in its streets, beauty has left it and the old songs are gone." - Lord Dunsany, The Messengers
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3047027].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Mohammad Afaq
      Originally Posted by CDarklock View Post

      You know what people forget?

      Failure, like poverty, is the default state of humanity.

      If you simply do nothing, you will be a failure. And you will be poor.

      There are no causes of either condition. Nothing causes failure, and nothing causes poverty. They will happen simply because they are what happens in the absence of the things that cause success and wealth.

      Because success and wealth are not the default state of things. They do not "just happen." They have causes. They have reasons. They leave trails and evidence and patterns that can be interpreted, and studied, and followed. And if you do that, chances are you will acquire success and wealth.

      But we don't really say that. We say someone has success, or found success, or is a success. Similarly with wealth. We act in every respect as though these things just happen, while searching for the causes of failure and poverty... which, again, really do just happen.

      If you fail, it is because you did not do what would have been successful.

      If you are poor, it is because you did not do what would have made you wealthy.

      Neither of them are because you did some one specific thing that can be identified and avoided. They are exclusively because you did not do any of several things which would have made you successful or wealthy.

      But there is nothing stopping you from doing something now which will start you on the path to being successful or wealthy.

      And your continued failure or poverty is because you are not doing it.
      WOW, Caliban this is awesome.

      I best Tony Robbins couldn't have said this better.

      I think I have said this before but I will say it again, I love the way you think

      Not being an ass-kisser or anything. You are just awesome.
      Signature

      “The first draft of anything is shit.” ~Ernest Hemingway

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3047067].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Fernando Veloso
    Sorry OP, but some of us DO fail everynow and then...

    Signature
    People make good money selling to the rich. But the rich got rich selling to the masses.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3047141].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author bobby_shahzad
      I think reason why marketers are failing is because they are not consistent. They dont finish one thing before moving to another and another. A new opportunity pops up every day and they seem to grab every opportunity without finishing the previous one. Or they get tired of trying and not succeeding and they give up.

      Dont give up, you will succeed
      Signature
      BulkResponse.com Email marketing service , single and double optin accounts. List Hygiene Service Available.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3047305].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author J Bold
    Fact: Made up statistics to drive home your point are annoying and lazy.

    Mathematicians would have a field day with all the fake numbers on this forum stated as "fact." Numbers are numbers, they are either fact or made up! If you have a source, then go ahead and cite it, if not, use words not numbers!

    You could say, "most" "a lot" "many," etc. people fail in IM. It's probably true that a majority fail in the terms of making this their full-time living. But that's just a guess, as well.

    We see this quite often here, these fake statistics about the numbers of people who fail in IM peddled as fact. Get original and cut it out!

    Just a personal pet peeve of mine, carry on...
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3048624].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Sloop John B
    What does "failing" even mean? I haven't made a red cent yet and I'm not a failure; my momma told me so.

    But "95%" is the appropriate percentage to state for these two here reasons:
    1) A whole lot of people try IM and quit.
    2) A human hand tends to have 5 fingers.

    That is to say, if we had a cartoon hands, we'd be failing 96% of the time. I know you're thinking, "That makes sense; it's hard to do things with cartoon hands." But you're wrong. Dead wrong. The reason Homer or Elmer would fail is that they only take 4 minute breaks. It's not enough time.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3048712].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author 82ana
    The customer is always right.
    Signature
    Old age means realizing you will never own all the dogs you wanted to.

    Healthy Aging
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3048734].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author scortillion
    “Facts” are derived from statistics, and statistics can be manipulated to produce whatever results you want to have as your “proof. It’s done all the time and paraded around as “FACTS”. It’s done in politics, so called global warming now climate change, and anything else that someone wants to convince others that they are right.

    You succeed in business by the degree to which your customers approve of you. If they respect you and trust you, your business will succeed; if they don’t you’ll crash and burn.
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3051683].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Lance K
      Can one really be considered a 'marketer' if they're failing at marketing? :confused:


      EDIT: I see Ron already made essentially the same point.

      Originally Posted by Ron Douglas View Post

      I'd wager to say a large percentage of the nominal "95%" aren't really Internet Marketers at all - they're just tire kickers who never really took action and didn't stick with it.

      Calling them failed Internet Marketers is like saying that people who took a few acting lessons but didn't make it to Hollywood are failed actors. They were never actors to begin with.
      Well said, Ron.
      Signature
      "You can have everything in life you want if you will just help enough other people get what they want."
      ~ Zig Ziglar
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3051757].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Dave Rodman
        Banned
        Everytime I see this post I think of this guy...

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3051793].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author LetsGoViral
    >FACT!
    Really?
    >95% of marketers
    Who counted?
    >Failing
    What exactly is considered as failure?


    All in all: I agree, but please refrain from using such loud words in the future if they are not based on actual research.
    Signature
    Time of thinking is over.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3052899].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Adam1981
    Originally Posted by lovemyth View Post

    As you may have noticed there is a million ways to a million dollars. You just need to find the one that works for you. There are thousands of ways to make a living from home. And there is not a "one" way that works for everyone, although many marketers preach their opportunity as the one and only true solution to make everyone rich. And to top it off, we have hundreds of thousands of marketers screaming at the top of their lungs that their opportunity is the best.

    The main reason marketers fail is because they are focused on themselves. We are by nature selfish. (As hard as that may hurt) So we tend to focus on what we want. What we want to earn. What we want to drive. What we want to sell. What we,we,we,we etc.

    It took me a long time to figure this out. When you focus on people, and helping people get what THEY want, the things you want naturally follow. Think of it as the law of gravity. Whatever you through up, will come right back to you. If all you focus on is money, money, money- you will get people in your life who all THEY think about is money, money, money. They see you and see dollar signs.

    Focus on people. This is network marketing. It is a people business. Let's help each other out and not try and make a dollar off of everyone we come in contact with. Take this approach for a few months and if it makes no difference in your business you can find me and punch me in the face for giving you such crappy advice!
    + 1

    Brilliant post
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3054980].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author pethanks
    Sad to say only 5% are successful in internet marketing. This challenged me to strive more. Thank you for sharing this.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3055165].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author lovemyth
      Originally Posted by pethanks View Post

      Sad to say only 5% are successful in internet marketing. This challenged me to strive more. Thank you for sharing this.

      Thank YOU!
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3126702].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author lovemyth
    Wow! Great responses from everyone here! I love how many different ways the conversation can go. The reason I said it was a "fact" was because I have spoken to people in my organization who tell me statistics. I have been involved with many MLM's and other companies with similar structures and have spoken with upline members and top leaders and recruiters and they've told me that on average about 95% of downline members aren't making a living from their primary MLM or business venture. Now, the percentage can be anywhere from 90 up to 98% depending on which industry they're in. The headline can be deceiving if I am trying to sell something here (but I am not). Marketers use shocking headlines to grab attention, this is no different.

    The point of the post is not to say they they are failing in a sense that they won't make it, rather in a sense that they are struggling to make a real income from their efforts. It was meant to give some enlightenment and not discouragement.

    I feel that if anyone here wants to debate a phrase out of the post should find some work to do with their business instead of wasting their time. Trust me, debating will not make you money! ;-)
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3126624].message }}

Trending Topics