Ebook writer: I hate clickbank, what are my best options?

16 replies
Hi guys, I am new here but not new to ebooks and marketing.

Background: A few years ago I had an ebook that sold well, at the time I was using my own pure CSS website and custom coded backend system a "friend" came up with, he had his own in-house affiliate system along with clickbank integration. Well long story short he got out of it and I was/am left stranded trying to find my own solutions for marketing and affiliates.

I really hate clickbank. The major issue is it will only allow me to link to one page for multiple products. I would by far prefer to set up my own in house system and do most of my own marketing, but is this a really bad idea? Are there other affiliate options?

The problem is I use a CMS with a database of customers so I have to integrate my solution somehow.

In house bad, suffer with CB? What are your thoughts.
#clickbank #ebook #hate #options #writer
  • {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3047825].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Alexa Smith
    Banned
    [DELETED]
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3047842].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Allison_M
      Originally Posted by Alexa Smith View Post

      Why is that, Allison?

      Sorry if it seems a strange question, but unless I've misunderstood you (always possible! ) this seems to be a problem that other vendors don't have ... :confused:
      One landing page per account.... has something changed?

      I've looked at e-junkie I do not see how it would work with my CMS.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3047870].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Alexa Smith
        Banned
        Originally Posted by Allison_M View Post

        One landing page per account.... has something changed?
        Ah, I'm with you now, sorry. (Had not realised you were trying to do it all in one account!).

        I think one answer, in that case, may be Adrian Ling's product Easy ClickMate?
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3048038].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Thomas Michal
        Originally Posted by Allison_M View Post

        One landing page per account.... has something changed?

        I've looked at e-junkie I do not see how it would work with my CMS.
        you can use more than one landing pages if you are promoting it yourself.

        I don't know if that helps.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3048088].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Allison_M
          Originally Posted by Alexa Smith View Post

          Why is that, Allison?

          Sorry if it seems a strange question, but unless I've misunderstood you (always possible! ) this seems to be a problem that other vendors don't have ... :confused:
          Originally Posted by Thomas Michal View Post

          you can use more than one landing pages if you are promoting it yourself.

          I don't know if that helps.
          Yes I see what you are saying.

          Back to the affiliate thing,
          Is using multiple accounts for each product done often? Paying CB $50 per CB account for separate pages is kind of a turn off, but it would work for the situation.


          Ah, I'm with you now, sorry. (Had not realised you were trying to do it all in one account!).

          I think one answer, in that case, may be Adrian Ling's product ?
          Hmm not sure if that would work with my CMS system I will have a look, thanks .
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3048280].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author Thomas Michal
            Originally Posted by Allison_M View Post

            Paying CB $50 per CB account for separate pages is kind of a turn off, .
            If you already have one account I believe it's only $30 for each additional one.
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3048310].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author Alexa Smith
            Banned
            Originally Posted by Allison_M View Post

            Paying CB $50 per CB account for separate pages is kind of a turn off, but it would work for the situation.
            It's $50 only for the first, and then $30 for each subsequent one (or $29.95 or whatever), if that makes the difference.
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3048319].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author sarahberra
    pay.com is getting higher up in the rankings. I don't think clickbank is so bad. There is a mix of both good and bad products on that site.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3048311].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Thomas Michal
    you could also look at:

    rap bank

    plimus

    digital river

    pay gear
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3048326].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Father-of-5
    Originally Posted by Allison_M View Post

    The major issue is it will only allow me to link to one page for multiple products.
    Please help. I have 3 products which are not-related... Does this mean:
    a) I need a totally new site and account for each product?
    or
    b) I need a new account for each product but can sell all three on the same site?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3050345].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author halmo
      Each Clickbank account allows up to 500 products, but only 1 target URL, and the same commission rate for all products in the same account. So, if you have different products (especially for different niches), it might not be a good idea to send all buyers to the same landing page.

      Additional Clickbank accounts are $30, but it would still be a pain to have so many accounts if you have so many different products.

      I had the same thoughts about Clickbank for my different products.


      Allison, do you mean you want to integrate your customer list? If that's the case, you don't have to integrate it into the affiliate network. You can (and I think, should) into an e-mail responder service, like AWeber.

      For affiliate service, and for secure download, e-Junkie is good. You can have different landing page for each product. They integrate with AWeber, so you can you can have it all.

      The only drawback compared to Clickbaml is that they don't have the large number of affiliates. But, if sounds like you want to promote to your own list, and drive your own traffic to your sites.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3050374].message }}
  • Try Cbglobe.com which will allow you to integrate 10,000 products using your own encrypted nick name.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3050524].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Hamida Harland
      No matter how much I hated Clickbank I'd bite the bullet and put my product there - even if I did have to work around some of their rules and regulations.

      Clickbank is where the affiliates are, and when it comes down to it, to maximize profits you needs as many affiliates as you can get.

      I'd try Rapbank as well though - I'm going to be adding a few products to their marketplace in the next month to try them out.
      Signature
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3050558].message }}
  • Originally Posted by Allison_M View Post

    Hi guys, I am new here but not new to ebooks and marketing.

    Background: A few years ago I had an ebook that sold well, at the time I was using my own pure CSS website and custom coded backend system a "friend" came up with, he had his own in-house affiliate system along with clickbank integration. Well long story short he got out of it and I was/am left stranded trying to find my own solutions for marketing and affiliates.

    I really hate clickbank. The major issue is it will only allow me to link to one page for multiple products. I would by far prefer to set up my own in house system and do most of my own marketing, but is this a really bad idea? Are there other affiliate options?

    The problem is I use a CMS with a database of customers so I have to integrate my solution somehow.

    In house bad, suffer with CB? What are your thoughts.
    I suggest click2sell.

    There is a table of comparison between clickbank and click2sell. You'll see the great difference together with advantages and disadvantages.
    Signature

    THE INTERNET SECRET BOOK: How to Find Anything on the Internet by Periander Esplana
    http://www.internetsecretbook.com

    AMAZING VIDEOS ON THE WEB
    http://www.internetsecretbook.com/amazingvideos.html

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3050576].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ramona_livegood
    Hi Allison_M

    I recently produced two info products (they are video/ebook courses) that sold well. To start off I did take a look at Clickbank. It seemed like an easy system, but the problem is that I only started two months ago, and when I started out, I had a super low budget.
    So I went with payloadz.com They are great! They offer unlimited products! I mean unlimited! And you can just associate which files to attach to which product.

    Part 1: You upload all your files --- File 1, File 2, File 3, File 4
    Part 2: Product 1 connects to File 1
    Part 3: Maybe Product 2 needs file 2, 3 and 4.

    And they charge under $15 per month which is a minimal expense for me.
    I might switch to clickbank if I feel like I want more affiliates. BEcause Clickbank is awesome for the affiliate part.

    Hope that helps!
    Ramona.

    PS: I too use a CMS! So I get more control over how it sells!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3050583].message }}

Trending Topics