Best squeeze page I've ever seen! (not landing page)

25 replies
So I just came across this site after looking up something on Groupon.

The Best Daily Deals in Dallas - Organic Deluxe Mani/Pedi

This is the perfect landing page. Only one thing on the page that tells you what to do while having an attractive image (even though it really has nothing to do with the offer). Still, if you had an image like that that had something to do with the offer, it would be perfect and takes like less than a minute to create with HTML.
#landing #page
  • Profile picture of the author WillR
    Originally Posted by Sweetcheeks12354 View Post

    So I just came across this site after looking up something on Groupon.

    The Best Daily Deals in Dallas - Organic Deluxe Mani/Pedi

    This is the perfect landing page. Only one thing on the page that tells you what to do while having an attractive image (even though it really has nothing to do with the offer). Still, if you had an image like that that had something to do with the offer, it would be perfect and takes like less than a minute to create with HTML.
    I don't think the page would actually convert that well - it isn't giving a good enough reason to enter your email. Who wants to receive a whole lot of deals to their email? Probably some suckers but not many I would of thought.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3056066].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Gaz Cooper
      That page looks way too buys for me not really a clear call to action I have seen way better

      Gaz
      Signature
      Beginners get Started with AMAZON, we will give you a FREE custom made Amazon Site when you purchase hosting through us contact us at http://authorityzonesupport.com/

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3056077].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author goindeep
      Originally Posted by WillR View Post

      I don't think the page would actually convert that well - it isn't giving a good enough reason to enter your email. Who wants to receive a whole lot of deals to their email? Probably some suckers but not many I would of thought.

      It asks for the email after getting the user to click through 2 screens, its very smart actually. As im writing this i switched over to the screen, my girlfriend noticed, she took one mini second glance and literally went "Mmmmmmmmm, where can we get some of those? Does that site sell cupcakes?"

      So i beg to differ.

      Im from Melbourne, and i have seen that image on billboards and bus stops all across the city for months. Its branding and it works.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3056115].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author bobbobson
    It's actually quite an interesting bit of theory on calls to action.

    I had absolutely no idea what the landing page was about when I clicked the link, yet instinctively went to select my city before I realised what I was doing and stopped myself!

    So I guess in that respect, it works!
    Signature
    [Offliners!] Newbie Friendly Method = Easy Clients Paying $200 - $500 per month [AMAZING Reviews]

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3056075].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author WillR
      Originally Posted by bobbobson View Post

      It's actually quite an interesting bit of theory on calls to action.

      I had absolutely no idea what the landing page was about when I clicked the link, yet instinctively went to select my city before I realised what I was doing and stopped myself!

      So I guess in that respect, it works!
      I agree, it does get you to click to see what comes next but you still won't enter your email if you don't want what they are offering - and that's all that counts.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3056080].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Sweetcheeks12354
        Originally Posted by WillR View Post

        I agree, it does get you to click to see what comes next but you still won't enter your email if you don't want what they are offering - and that's all that counts.
        My point was that the format was good. Yes just entering your city to see what's on the other side could prove to not be beneficial, but simply offering the text and just putting one bit of info on there is great.

        For example to build an email list.

        [Giant picture of a scantily clad girl in the background]

        [Little white box]

        Find out how to meet her...

        [Opt-in box]

        Simple, and like you said above, you are compelled to enter your email address because

        1. There's nothing else you can do, nowhere to click.

        2. You are simply compelled to do it.

        Now I'm seriously thinking about testing it to see if my speculations are true.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3056094].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Richard Van
          The fact is it may work great for that offer but bad for others.

          As with all these things we can't actually say if it converts or not, because we don't have any stats. If we could test it we could say whether it was the best ever landing page or not.

          Until then, I guess every comment is just theory....and there's nothing wrong with that either.

          EDIT. Sorry Dennis you typed that way faster than me!
          Signature

          Wibble, bark, my old man's a mushroom etc...

          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3056103].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author Dennis Gaskill
            Originally Posted by Richard Van View Post

            The fact is it may work great for that offer but bad for others.

            As with all these things we can't actually say if it converts or not, because we don't have any stats. If we could test it we could say whether it was the best ever landing page or not.

            Until then, I guess every comment is just theory....and there's nothing wrong with that either.

            EDIT. Sorry Dennis you typed that way faster than me!
            No problem, Richard. It just reinforces the point. Besides, it's not your fault my fingers can fly.
            Signature

            Just when you think you've got it all figured out, someone changes the rules.

            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3056116].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Sweetcheeks12354
    The landing page might not have triggered for you because it doesn't ask for an email address.

    I'm signed up for the Groupon site just because I go out to eat a lot and if I can save money at my favorite restaurant it's worth it to me. That demographic is mostly middle aged women since they love coupons.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3056082].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author WillR
      Originally Posted by Sweetcheeks12354 View Post

      The landing page might not have triggered for you because it doesn't ask for an email address.

      I'm signed up for the Groupon site just because I go out to eat a lot and if I can save money at my favorite restaurant it's worth it to me. That demographic is mostly middle aged women since they love coupons.
      Maybe I saw a different offer because I am in Australia...
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3056090].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Jeff Henshaw
    This is the perfect landing page.
    Sorry, but I don't agree with your sentiments.

    Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

    The page is simply 'not my cup of tea'. I personally would not use it. As you correctly state though, it can be altered to suit - provided one has the license to use and alter it, of course!

    Just my thoughts.


    Regards,

    Jeff.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3056088].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author J Bold
    In my opinion, it probably converts well. The traffic they drive to it are likely people who are crazy about getting coupons and deals, etc. It's become one of the latest huge trends, online, these coupon sites. It's like Groupon, you have to submit your email address to really see anything about the deals. Same as this site, and if they're driving targeted traffic, i.e. people who love Groupon and similar sites, than I don't see why they couldn't convert well.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3056091].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Dennis Gaskill
    Unless we know how the landing page converts, anything said is all opinion based on subjective criteria.

    Personally, I clicked the "skip" link. I don't know if I want to "choose" my area until I know more about the site. On the next page, I didn't like the look and didn't see any compelling reason to read or click anything, so I closed the tab. It didn't work on me at all.
    Signature

    Just when you think you've got it all figured out, someone changes the rules.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3056099].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Sweetcheeks12354
      Originally Posted by Dennis Gaskill View Post

      Unless we know how the landing page converts, anything said is all opinion based on subjective criteria.

      Personally, I clicked the "skip" link. I don't know if I want to "choose" my area until I know more about the site.
      See this is the problem with our industry. If I test this and find out "AHA, it DOES WORK!" I'm not going to want to share that info lol.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3056102].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Dennis Gaskill
        Originally Posted by Sweetcheeks12354 View Post

        See this is the problem with our industry. If I test this and find out "AHA, it DOES WORK!" I'm not going to want to share that info lol.
        I'm the opposite. I share everything that works ... sometimes for free, sometimes for a price in the form of products. I like to teach though.
        Signature

        Just when you think you've got it all figured out, someone changes the rules.

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3056112].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author donhx
    Originally Posted by Sweetcheeks12354 View Post

    So I just came across this site after looking up something on Groupon.

    The Best Daily Deals in Dallas - Organic Deluxe Mani/Pedi

    This is the perfect landing page. Only one thing on the page that tells you what to do while having an attractive image (even though it really has nothing to do with the offer). Still, if you had an image like that that had something to do with the offer, it would be perfect and takes like less than a minute to create with HTML.


    Hmmmm. I got two different pages. The first was a cupcake and they wanted me to sign up for deals in my city. That was a squeeze page, not a landing page with an offer.

    On my second attempt I got a real landing page which made an offer with the opportunity to subscribe at the top. But the offer did not interest me so I took no action. I thought the actual landing was more like a standard web page, not something designed to persuade.

    I suppose I got both screens because the site dropped a cookie at the squeeze cupcake page.
    Signature
    Quality content to beat the competition. Personalized Author Services
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3056106].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Sweetcheeks12354
      Originally Posted by donhx View Post

      Hmmmm. I got two different pages. The first was a cupcake and they wanted me to sign up for deals in my city. That was a squeeze page, not a landing page with an offer.

      On my second attempt I got a real landing page which made an offer with the opportunity to subscribe at the top. But the offer did not interest me so I took no action.

      I suppose I got both screens because the site dropped a cookie at the squeeze cupcake page.
      Bah, sorry I said landing page, I meant squeeze page, that probably would have helped my argument, but you guys are right. Speculation is not the same thing as hard proven results.

      I've had campaigns that I put my heart and soul into designing and barely broke even and others I threw up in a few minutes that brought me back ten fold. It's impossible to predict what people are going to do.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3056113].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Istvan Horvath
        Originally Posted by donhx View Post

        That was a squeeze page, not a landing page with an offer.
        Originally Posted by Sweetcheeks12354 View Post

        Bah, sorry I said landing page, I meant squeeze page
        I thought every page where traffic arrives/lands... is a landing page. And, usually, I am right :rolleyes:

        You can land on a squeeze page or on a sales page.

        The OP sent a lot of traffic to that site and we all ended up a "localized" landing pages (for me it was Hamilton, Ontario because that's the closest bigger city). I couldn't get further from the main page because I didn't sign up.

        Alltogether it reminded me of those fake "news" site that were everywhere about a year ago (earn zillions with G - remember?) until they got shut down.
        Signature

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3056807].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Tiratore
    Hmmm, not to me. It didn't squeeze anything out of me. I just reloaded it and got a different page. So it failed on capturing info and converting me.

    There is no "why" there, so they must be driving targeted PPC traffic directly to it. If I were to stumble upon it without knowing what it is (like now), I wouldn't and didn't leave info.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3056127].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author cashcow
    I don't know about getting people to sign up but I am craving a cupcake now.
    Signature
    Gone Fishing
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3056830].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author MichaelHiles
    The most successful squeeze page ever...

    Welcome to Facebook
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3057037].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author James Foster
    I'm not saying it's the best converting squeeze page ever, but that page is used for most major US cities.

    If LivingSocial uses it for so many major traffic areas... don't you think there's a reason?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3057051].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author sbucciarel
    Banned
    Originally Posted by Sweetcheeks12354 View Post

    So I just came across this site after looking up something on Groupon.

    The Best Daily Deals in Dallas - Organic Deluxe Mani/Pedi

    This is the perfect landing page. Only one thing on the page that tells you what to do while having an attractive image (even though it really has nothing to do with the offer). Still, if you had an image like that that had something to do with the offer, it would be perfect and takes like less than a minute to create with HTML.
    I just visited and left when it asked for my email. I do not want a bunch of crap coming to my email address. I'd rather browse coupons, deals, etc than have them delivered via email.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3057696].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Beatrice
    It does not work for me. I gave up after the second click as it did not instantly tell me what the site was about!
    Signature
    FREE Video to Build Your Website:

    http://www. createmyownwebpage.net

    This Step-by-Step video guide will show you how to buil your website from scratch!(For FREE)
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3058087].message }}

Trending Topics