"Great post, got to http://www.xxx"
Are you crazy? What....do you think people are crazy?
More and more people know how powerful blogs are these days. The readers and the mods hate the spammers that leave these sorts of messages. And more and more mods are going back and deleting these. Whether they are old or new now. So take note, and do not become a blatent spammer!!
In all the testing I have been doing lately with commenting, I would like to tell you that, there is nothing like the power of a blog especially the high traffic ones in your niche. Not only are they full of very rancid people with money and like to talk about stuff in their niche, because there are so many people intrested in the topic of the blog, that means the traffic you get from there is very highly targeted.
I would go so far as to say that getting 10 people to visit your site from a good blog comment, is about the same as having 100 people visit from somewhere else. YES! that is how good and how highly targeted this can be. If you go about commenting the right way!
OK, anyway, On boxing day, I got bored and promised the mrs I wound not work. But while she went down to the shop to get some ice I couldn't resist. LOL.:p:p
I have been testing my commenting and tracking on about 7 different high traffic blogs recently and noticed a massive amount of sales that have been coming in in the last 24 hours. I checked back on my tracking system and not only am I getting sales, Someone on the blog reading my comment went ahead and posted my link and my optin page (that has 7 AR messages attached) on their facebook front page. I have been getting massive amounts of traffic, and also my sales have been going nuts as well. This will probably die down in a day or two, but these influx of sales as I always track things is defiantly coming from my well thought out blog comment that went viral on facebook. I did spend alot of time writing the comment....but as I can now see in clickbank it was well worth it.
Blog commenting is working better and better for me each and everyday. And it was exciting to see how good this is working. Especially as my sales all drop off pre xmas, and also post xmas normally. Things get back to normal from the 1st of Jan of a new year though.
But this test was well worth it and has made up for the slow xmas period. COOL HUH!
Anyways,, after all my testing and tracking here is what I need to tell you in order to get the most out of your blog commenting. To get highly targeted people signing up for you sites and for you to make more sales. It is not that hard at all.
In all my testing and tracking, below I will give you the top 10 things I have noticed that are working insanely well with blog comments at the moment.
1) Before you even think about commenting on some blog out there, make sure you know your stuff. Nothing worse than going to a blog and seeing some idiot just ramble on. Dont you hate it, when you get to the end of a comment, you are thinking, what is this idiot on about. Be clear, concise and add value whenever you are posting a comment
2) Again before you comment make sure you website is working. Make sure your optin pages are getting good % of subscribers, and your sales pages are also converting well. Otherwise this is a total waist of time.
3) Find the blogs in your niche that everyone is talking about or hangs out in. Chances are there are only about 4-5 of these. They will bring in about 80% of the BIG traffic and where most the keen people in your niche will visit, hang out in, and comment themselves.
4) When you are ready to comment and plug your site/s go to the blog and visit daily. I have found that the first 3 comments added to a post get the most views. So you want to be the first 3 people to comment. This is hard, especially as the blog admin might post at odd hours, or erratic. Just stick to your guns and check the blog every several hours. That is the easiest.
5) If you can, always try to get people to hop over and visit a squeeze page. for me this is working insanely well. It means that not only are they now on your list, and you can market to them later. But if you have set up your Autoresponder correctly they will go through the autoresponder messages and links thinking, this guys is really great guns and knows what he is talking about. The more they think this, the more they will buy off you and then maybe down the track when you send a broadcast out to your list.
6) SEO your blog comment post. This also what people are not doing. OK! here it is. I cannot believe I am going to let this out. :confused: :rolleyes:SEO your blog post. Add your keywords a few times, and sprinkle them around especially at the start of the post and at the very end of your comment as well. I have been tracking this, and it works well. The great thing is that google is liking this more and more as I have been tracking this. So make sure you do it.
7) Never blatently tell people to visit your site. Whenever someone in the comments sections sees this, they think OH OHHHH SPAMMER! so if you can gently nudge them to your squeeze page. Nowadays people like the soft sell, not the dodgy used car salesmen approach. I like to use the word FREE too. I normally say things like "we were talking about this over at our free membership site yesterday" or "We talk about this in our free downloadable ebook at " These are just examples, just test and track what works....different blogs will have different audiences. Dont come across as a spammer or people will run as quick as they can.
8) More People will visit your site if you can give them results in advance. They want to know that you know what your talking about and have gotten some insane results in the past. That is why my comments work well. They can see I know what I am talking about, and then when they visit my site, they can see proof and that I give my clients results. They can check my past and present results.
9) USE VIDEO. This is the most important. I use video and direct them to my cool youtube videos. WHY? simple...my youtube video not only give them high quality info, screen shots, proof, examples, tips, tricks and techniques. VIDEO works better these days IMHO. Make sure you have a link to your website either in the YT description or make a link to your site show down the bottom of the video the entire time it plays. This has been working well for me lately too. The funnel would look like this, -- BLOG comment <> Youtube vid <> Squeeze page <> List. Once they are in your funnel and on your list...well....BINGO!
10) Never be rude or abuse people in the comments section. We are in this to make sales and to help people. Do that, and not only will people visit back and read more of your comments, chances are if they like and respect your opinion they will go over to your site and opt in or even buy your products.
There are obviously a few more things I could add here. But that is the main guts of how one of my recent blog comment went viral, by spending a few minutes of my spare time and helping people!
The great thing is that it works over and over, and does not cost you one red cent in advertising. Yes, very highly targeted traffic, that costs $0 investment, just a little of your time. That is how powerful this is and can give you some great results.
I hope this helps. Now go out and find those high traffic blogs in your niche and help people, add value and watch the sales come in.