This is a common problem I've dealt with when helping others get their traffic rolling to a new website.
Here are a few of the common problems that seem to pop up over and over...
- You quit before it had a chance
- You did not do enough of the procedure or strategy to get the desired results
- You did not implement all of the steps required - often deciding this step doesn't apply to your website
- You relied solely on paid methods from Google, and got suspended with no back traffic source
- You tried to do too many methods at once so none of them worked well
- You keep chasing "secret loopholes" and magic "push button" methods
- You didn't do good keyword research
- You tried advanced methods without having any of the basics properly in place
Do you have other mistakes or mis-steps for people to avoid in the new year? Let's share them here....