I posted this in a relevant thread not too long ago and have gotten several PMs about Amazon so I thought I would make this its own thread and see if I can help others who are wanting to start promoting Amazon products.
Amazon products are hot right now, especially as many IMers are seeing that physical products convert very easily and usually the competition is not too stiff.
With that said, here is some steps I took to quickly find something to promote on Amazon. Often I will use more in depth research methods, but I used this during the recent godaddy $1.47 promo. I ended up with a nice "product-name.com" domain and here's what I did . . .
Here's what I did to quickly find a niche . . .
1. Did a search on amazon to get some product ideas.
2. Took those ideas and plugged them into Google's Keyword Tool
3. Analyzed the results, then doubled checked by searching Google
4. Check .com availability at GoDaddy. (also consider .net or .org)
5. If "keyword.com" was taken, I would look at the site by visiting it.
6. If the site was weak or parked, see next step, if it is a powerful site go back to step 2
7. If it was a weak or parked site you can register "key-word.com" which is what I did.
8. If the hyphenated keyword is not available return to step 2.
9. Once you get a domain your set . . .
It's up to you to now provide the content, but I just gave you a quick way to find a niche.