I especially want to highlight a few Warriors that have impacted my career. Kay King, Rosetrees, James, Ken Perry, Kenetra, Maria Gudelis, Dsmpublishing and Mike Hesgaard Nielsen.
I don't post much but I read...read...and then take action to try and grow my business. I see a lot of people asking about Social Media so I will give away my simple strategy that has made me thousands of dollars using Facebook.
Here's my strategy and everything I use is Free:
The FREE tools I use:
1. Set up Hootsuite- (sign up for the free service) This will save you time because you can manage both accounts in one place and you don't have to login to Facebook and Twitter separately. You will also use this to schedule your tweets and posts.
2. Set up a personal Facebook account. Optimize it with a real personal photo of yourself and say what you do in your profile. Be sure and add your website, twitter, blog and any other links you have there.
3. Set up your Twitter account with a real photo. May sure to put your keywords in your bio but make it a sentence vs. just words. Link 1 site url and thats it.
4. After you set up Hootsuite- link your Twitter and Facebook account.
5. Now what I do 5 days a week (mon-fri) is schedule my tweets via Hootsuite. I usually schedule 8 tweets for Twitter and 1 posts a day for Facebook AKA (FB).
6.What I post to Twitter: The 1st post is a greeting...good morning etc.
followed by 6 more tweets and my 8 and final post for the day has either a link to my website, FB fan pg, Fb personal pg, article, video or whatever your selling. Make sure to include 1 retweet and pick one of your followers profile and say @_______ (whatever their name is) and ask them a question or make a comment regarding something on their site or where they live etc. You get the picture.
This is where alltop(dot)com comes in. Alltop is the top blogs in any niche that are grouped for you on 1 site. You will never run out of information and is a goldmine in my opinion. (I want to thank a great warrior for sharing this resource this was a great help for me)
I go here and find a topic say "social media" then I select a blog and copy and paste the url of the blogs article into Hootsuite and shrink it. I will either take the the name of the title or say what the post is about and then schedule the tweet in Hootsuite with a link going back to the blog.
Now what this does is give me good valuable information to tweet about and I don't have to worry about writing or finding content. It also positions me as an expert and a resource for others because I know where to find content that helps others.
Note: I always give a a link back to the source and I never in anyway try to take credit for the writing!
After I have my 8 tweets for the day I post to FB.
7. I only send 1 post a day to my FB personal profile. It is usually a good morning greeting with a word of the day or a positive affirmation or just one of my thoughts.
Now here's the secret to FB- it's so easy that people doubt me because they totally miss the idea.
After you post, scroll through your News Feed and select on people and just make a comment about what they've posted. You can even just click the "like" button if you don't have anything to say.
Now I'm not saying go and click on everyone's pg but what I'm saying is you can target a few people each with and start interacting with them.
What you are doing is building a relationship and people will start to notice you and create interaction with you.
I focus on 3 people a week and what I notice is they will start checking out my sites and commenting more on my posts.
This strategy has gotten me speaking engagements, website gigs, and internet marketing clients. I now have clients that I'm doing this for monthly and the best part is you can outsource this same system...I hired a VA to manage my accounts.
I hope this will help at least one person. This is so easy and is great for Newbies and anyone wants to build a Social Media business.
If you don't get anything else from this long post I want you to get 3 things:
1. Social Media is not about you, it's about them!
2. If you help enough people get what they want they will remember you .
3. You must TAKE ACTION to see results!