bannertutorial.com - thought on monetizing?

by hh66 6 replies
Hi,

I've recently acquired bannertutorial.com
and bannertutorials.com.

I'm planning to develop them as the definitive
sites for.. well.. banner tutorials! Does anyone
have any creative thoughts on how they could
be monetized?

Adsense is a waste of time, but I do like the
idea of building a list and using the tutorials
as an entrée to other services, like website
promotion, software, etc..

Any other thoughts?

Cheers,
#main internet marketing discussion forum #bannertutorialcom #monetizing #thought
Avatar of Unregistered
  • Profile picture of the author JanG
    There are multiple ways that I can think of regarding the monetization of this site. You could offer a paid coaching program and review banners of customers, give them hints on how to improve them. You can also offer a "done for you" banner creation service. Maybe offer text tutorials for free but charge them for access to a video series covering how to apply your techniques.

    Be creative and try things!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3174147].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author hh66
      Originally Posted by JanG View Post

      There are multiple ways that I can think of regarding the monetization of this site. You could offer a paid coaching program and review banners of customers, give them hints on how to improve them. You can also offer a "done for you" banner creation service. Maybe offer text tutorials for free but charge them for access to a video series covering how to apply your techniques.

      Be creative and try things!
      Wow, Jan!

      Thank you very much for the tips.

      I love the video idea, and think this could easily
      apply to Flash, Animated GIF and every other
      type of banner...

      Best,
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3174216].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author webapex
    A couple of the bigger banner services might have an affiliate program, one course that's probably all over by now "Banner Ad Blueprint" by Saj P and Philip Mansour, looks like a match.
    Offer enough good free articles and you might be able to promote any internet marketing product to seo traffic. media buying is a fat topic that fits.
    Signature

    “An expert is a person who has made all the mistakes that can be made in a very narrow field” Niels Bohr

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3174255].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author hh66
      Originally Posted by webapex View Post

      A couple of the bigger banner services might have an affiliate program, one course that's probably all over by now "Banner Ad Blueprint" by Saj P and Philip Mansour, looks like a match.
      Offer enough good free articles and you might be able to promote any internet marketing product to seo traffic. media buying is a fat topic that fits.
      Excellent, thank you.

      Yes, I did think that banner creation is
      not merely about the making of a graphical
      ad, but it is being done for a reason, i.e. to
      advertise and generate sales.

      So, it's not inconceivable that the site could
      offer product & services on those areas too.

      Cheers,
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3174322].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Kevin AKA Hubcap
        There are a number of things you could do.

        Make it a free membership site. Once people opt in give them a free basic banner tutorial.

        From there offer them advanced courses tailored to different segments of the market (local, services etc).

        As a follow up you could also have a video banner course.

        You can also become an affiliate and recommend other quality banner creation courses and companies.

        The door is wide open.

        Try something and if it works perfect it.

        If it doesn't figure out if it can be salvaged. If no, move on to another idea. If yes..see above.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3175156].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author hh66
          Originally Posted by Kevin AKA Hubcap View Post

          You can also become an affiliate and recommend other quality banner creation courses and companies.
          Sounds good to me, thank you.

          :-)
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3177263].message }}
Avatar of Unregistered

Trending Topics