Product Launches Observation

8 replies
I'd like to know if anyone has seen a product launch - the way internet marketers do them - that is created for a market other than the general "How to make money online" market.
#launches #observation #product
  • Profile picture of the author GarryMSayer
    Here's my take on this from my experience...

    If you're in a niche where folks know you then it's a damn sight easier. Not to say, if you're in a niche where you are not known it's impossible... just that it can be a struggle unless your partnering with someone who is widely recognised in your target market.

    That's a slightly ambiguous paragraph, hope it makes sense?

    So, if you (or your partner) is a "name" in your niche then you can approach forum contacts, authority blogs and other product vendors with the idea of bringing them on board as affiliates to promote your product upon launch. Do as much for them as you can i.e. write email promos, articles etc.

    The biggest thing you need in a niche product launch for it to be successful is proof. Proof that your product works like gangbusters, so to achieve that you likely need to get testimonials or some other genuine proof that your product is the "nuts". Copywriters may not entirely agree but I can only talk from my experience.

    Or if you or your JV partner are widely known for being "experts" then your reputation "may" suffice.

    I've lots to say on this subject, but here's some nuggets to get you thinking, buddy. I don't want to overwhelm you.

    Hope this helps.

    Garry.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3187384].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Jason Moffatt
    Yep, I've done them myself and they work incredibly well. People have no idea about the model. As played out as it may seem in the IM space right now, it still crushes once you go beyond the marketing niches.
    Signature
    FREE 7-Day Video Training On How To Get People To Know, Like, Trust & Buy From You - http://www.nichefamous.com/
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3187392].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Michael Shook
      I have seen it in a few of the product launches in the self-help world.

      One issue I have seen there, however, is that the followup products once folks are in the marketing funel, may not be quite so targeted as the original product.

      This is a niche with a lot of sub-niches and sometimes the connections made to new products in the follow up offering are a bit of a stretch.
      Signature


      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3187415].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author jamawebinc
        Originally Posted by JMichaelZ View Post

        I have seen it in a few of the product launches in the self-help world.

        One issue I have seen there, however, is that the followup products once folks are in the marketing funel, may not be quite so targeted as the original product.

        This is a niche with a lot of sub-niches and sometimes the connections made to new products in the follow up offering are a bit of a stretch.

        In my original post, I should have included the "self-help" market along with the "how to make money" market, because they are very intertwined with each other.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3187424].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author jamawebinc
      Originally Posted by Jason Moffatt View Post

      Yep, I've done them myself and they work incredibly well. People have no idea about the model. As played out as it may seem in the IM space right now, it still crushes once you go beyond the marketing niches.
      What was the market?

      I've done it in the "how to paint" market, but it was still much different than what you see done in the "how to make money online" market - where, for example, you'll get an email about the "secretly leaked" information from 15 people within the span of a half hour...which makes you think..."Ummm...maybe it's not such a secret and they really should plug the leak"
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3187418].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Jason Moffatt
        Originally Posted by jamawebinc View Post

        What was the market?

        I've done it in the "how to paint" market, but it was still much different than what you see done in the "how to make money online" market - where, for example, you'll get an email about the "secretly leaked" information from 15 people within the span of a half hour...which makes you think..."Ummm...maybe it's not such a secret and they really should plug the leak"
        I've done them in the Poker market and Reality TV market.

        We'll be doing one for setting up a dog walking business as well.
        Signature
        FREE 7-Day Video Training On How To Get People To Know, Like, Trust & Buy From You - http://www.nichefamous.com/
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3187429].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author WD Mino
          Originally Posted by Jason Moffatt View Post

          I've done them in the Poker market and Reality TV market.

          We'll be doing one for setting up a dog walking business as well.
          Way to go Jason! How refreshing to see outside the box or rather outside mmo thinking. There is a vast marketplace. This is awesome
          thanks for that
          cheers
          -Will
          Signature

          "As a man thinks in his heart so is he-Proverbs 23:7"
          Coming Soon http://graphicsdon.com

          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3187447].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author Jason Moffatt
            Originally Posted by WD Mino View Post

            Way to go Jason! How refreshing to see outside the box or rather outside mmo thinking. There is a vast marketplace. This is awesome
            thanks for that
            cheers
            -Will
            Thanks buddy. Sometimes the MMO niche can get a bit redundant and boring even if there is a bunch of money to be made. I like diversity and fun so I always try to have products away from marketing.

            There is also a bunch of case studies on Jeff's PLF blog that are not related to MMO or IM either at...

            Product Launch Formula Blog
            Signature
            FREE 7-Day Video Training On How To Get People To Know, Like, Trust & Buy From You - http://www.nichefamous.com/
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3187576].message }}

Trending Topics