#1 Reason Why 97% Don't Make Money Online

97 replies
Hey, guys.

This forum is awesome and people are great here. So, to create value I decided to share with you one very important thing I realized...

I've been in internet marketing for while and as tons of other people I bought different courses. But they were crap! It's a fact.

So, after some period of time I started to ask myself: "What is the difference between people who make money online and who don't?"

I asked successful people. I read books and watched interviews with top people like Donald Trump, Brian Tracy, Eben Pagan (David Deangelo) and other people who really know how to make money (not only in the internet marketing but also in life).

I also asked people who generate huge income online today with Clickbank, Amazon etc.

I got different answers why people don't make money online.

And here's the number 1 reason:

"People Don't Stick To One Direction (Course)"

I mean most people just buy a product, try it and if it doesn't work instantly they give up.

Don't do that.

Be focused. Be bold. Make it happen!

Important note:
F.O.C.U.S
  • Follow
  • One
  • Course
  • Until
  • Successful
The only difference between winners and losers is that winners set goals and achieve them inspite of problems and obstacles.

And while achieving their goal they never give up.

So, FOCUS on one direction or course and do what you gotta do to make it happen!

And you'll be a winner.
"Never ever give up. Just keep going forward. Never stop. It may seem like you have no chance, it may seem like it's over. Never ever quit."
Donald Trump

To your success,
Stanislav Lem
#97% #don’t #make #make money online #make money online secrets #money #online #reason
  • I completely agree 100%. Focus and hard work is key if you want to get anywhere.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3187652].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author wanna-succeed
      Let me be the 1st to thank you for a really awesome post, great stuff!
      I like the quote in the end, so true!
      Signature

      No sig, good day m8...

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3187675].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author stanislavlem
        Originally Posted by wanna-succeed View Post

        Let me be the 1st to thank you for a really awesome post, great stuff!
        I like the quote in the end, so true!
        Thanks! It's my favorite quote
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3187720].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author stanislavlem
        Originally Posted by fromtheashesofthephoenix View Post

        I completely agree 100%. Focus and hard work is key if you want to get anywhere.
        Yup... Iworks always and in almost any area of our life
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3187724].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Michael Shook
      I had thogut I had heard a lot of mnemonics but that one for FOCUS I have never heard of before.

      That is very cool. Thank you for sharing that.

      I have been sidetracked more times than I care to remember and always with the result that I come back to the things that work. Just wound up spending a lot of time and money following myself around.
      Signature


      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3187679].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author scrofford
    Originally Posted by stanislavlem View Post

    Hey, guys.

    This forum is awesome and people are great here. So, to create value I decided to share with you one very important thing I realized...

    I've been in internet marketing for while and as tons of other people I bought different courses. But they were crap! It's a fact.

    So, after some period of time I started to ask myself: "What is the difference between people who make money online and who don't?"

    I asked successful people. I read books and watched interviews with top people like Donald Trump, Brian Tracy, Eben Pagan (David Deangelo) and other people who really know how to make money (not only in the internet marketing but also in life).

    I also asked people who generate huge income online today with Clickbank, Amazon etc.

    I got different answers why people don't make money online.

    And here's the number 1 reason:

    "People Don't Stick To One Direction (Course)"

    I mean most people just buy a product, try it and if it doesn't work instantly they give up.

    Don't do that.

    Be focused. Be bold. Make it happen!

    Important note:
    F.O.C.U.S
    • Follow
    • One
    • Course
    • Until
    • Successful
    The only difference between winners and losers is that winners set goals and achieve them inspite of problems and obstacles.

    And while achieving their goal they never give up.

    So, FOCUS on one direction or course and do what you gotta do to make it happen!

    And you'll be a winner.
    "Never ever give up. Just keep going forward. Never stop. It may seem like you have no chance, it may seem like it's over. Never ever quit."
    Donald Trump

    To your success,
    Stanislav Lem
    Though I agree with what you are saying, I don't believe this is the #1 reason why people don't make money online. I also think that people need to take the PROPER action in their businesses in order for them to be successful.

    I think that people want to focus way to much on what they want to offer their customers and not on what their customers want.

    I also believe that people when starting out and continuing on don't bother to learn HOW to run their business. There are certain skill sets that need to be learned and there is a huge learning curve when getting into making money on the internet. If you just go off half cocked and not learn the skills needed (even if you outsource your work) then you will have problems.

    It's like baking a cake. You have to follow a recipe to the "T" in order for the cake to turn out like it is supposed to. Well there is a recipe for success in making money on the internet, and if you don't follow the instructions, you are going to have a flat or half baked cake.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3187688].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author WD Mino
      Originally Posted by scrofford View Post

      It's like baking a cake. You have to follow a recipe to the "T" in order for the cake to turn out like it is supposed to. Well there is a recipe for success in making money on the internet, and if you don't follow the instructions, you are going to have a flat or half baked cake.
      This is partially right.

      Using a cake analogy is good because we can put it this way. You take the recipe as a base you then make it your own. For instance I choose to bake a chocolate cake but I want to add walnuts maybe cut it in half and add a layer of pudding or a pineapple upside down cake and throw some orange peel shredded for zest and add some coconut etc.

      What you get taught or learn is only a base. Making it work for you is what is key so just because I tell you that tv's sell like hot cakes at amazon that doesn't limit you to sell tv's in order to fulfill the strategy. It does give you the platform to use and add to to make it work for you. It is all about making your business work for you sometimes this requires splitting recipes up to have your own 'secret sauce" as Ron D puts it.

      Other than that I agree
      -Will
      Signature

      "As a man thinks in his heart so is he-Proverbs 23:7"
      Coming Soon http://graphicsdon.com

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3187729].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author scrofford
        Originally Posted by WD Mino View Post

        This is partially right.

        Using a cake analogy is good because we can put it this way. You take the recipe as a base you then make it your own. For instance I choose to bake a chocolate cake but I want to add walnuts maybe cut it in half and add a layer of pudding or a pineapple upside down cake and throw some orange peel shredded for zest and add some coconut etc.

        What you get taught or learn is only a base. Making it work for you is what is key so just because I tell you that tv's sell like hot cakes at amazon that doesn't limit you to sell tv's in order to fulfill the strategy. It does give you the platform to use and add to to make it work for you. It is all about making your business work for you sometimes this requires splitting recipes up to have your own 'secret sauce" as Ron D puts it.

        Other than that I agree
        -Will
        Uh I thought that's exactly what I was saying in my last post?
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3189160].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Beatrice
      There are certain skill sets that need to be learned and there is a huge learning curve when getting into making money on the internet. If you just go off half cocked and not learn the skills needed (even if you outsource your work) then you will have problems.
      I second that. The learning curve is steep! I started 6 months ago not knowing a thing about IM and looking back I can't believe how much I have learnt in that time. Although I have taken action and gradually implemented, there is still a mountain of things to learn and master!
      Signature
      FREE Video to Build Your Website:

      http://www. createmyownwebpage.net

      This Step-by-Step video guide will show you how to buil your website from scratch!(For FREE)
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3190823].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author stanislavlem
    Originally Posted by WD Mino View Post

    This is partially right.

    Using a cake analogy is good because we can put it this way. You take the recipe as a base you then make it your own. For instance I choose to bake a chocolate cake but I want to add walnuts maybe cut it in half and add a layer of pudding or a pineapple upside down cake and throw some orange peel shredded for zest and add some coconut etc.

    What you get taught or learn is only a base. Making it work for you is what is key so just because I tell you that tv's sell like hot cakes at amazon that doesn't limit you to sell tv's in order to fulfill the strategy. It does give you the platform to use and add to to make it work for you. It is all about making your business work for you sometimes this requires splitting recipes up to have your own 'secret sauce" as Ron D puts it.

    Other than that I agree
    -Will
    I agree here, man. You should KNOW what you're doing!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3187747].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author sdentrepreneur
    I agree on Focus. If I write 5 articles and make 5 videos in one 8 hour day, then drive traffic to those articles/videos and create sales, then that is way more fun than working for someone that will give you a paycheck.
    There is no money flying out of your computer. It takes work....but the work can be fun like mentioned above.
    Signature

    Learn Digital, Internet and Social Media Marketing For Your Business
    Click here to learn more - Digital and Social Media Marketing Training Course

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3188077].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author paulie888
      Originally Posted by sdentrepreneur View Post

      I agree on Focus. If I write 5 articles and make 5 videos in one 8 hour day, then drive traffic to those articles/videos and create sales, then that is way more fun than working for someone that will give you a paycheck.
      There is no money flying out of your computer. It takes work....but the work can be fun like mentioned above.
      I think we can all agree that it takes real focus and determination to make it in IM, especially when information overload is such a pervasive phenomenon in this field.

      Unfortunately, many newbies have been unconsciously conditioned to think of computers as cash generating machines and ATMs - ever notice the graphics on many of the sales pages?
      Signature
      >>> Features Jason Fladlien, John S. Rhodes, Justin Brooke, Sean I. Mitchell, Reed Floren and Brad Gosse! <<<
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3239349].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author WD Mino
    Hey James,
    Happy New Year my friend. Glad to see ya out and posting!

    I agree focus but I like what you said here. Having fun Now that is something a lot of people can't say who work 9-5:p
    Cheers
    -Will
    Signature

    "As a man thinks in his heart so is he-Proverbs 23:7"
    Coming Soon http://graphicsdon.com

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3188113].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Rob Maggs
    [DELETED]
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3188217].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author ojari
      Thanks for the post.Its educative.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3191969].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author WD Mino
    I can personally attest that Rob has and does do this continually. Thanks for that Rob some people need to hear it.

    I think one of the best things about IM is being able to learn from others continually and I certainly learn from you.
    cheers
    -Will
    Signature

    "As a man thinks in his heart so is he-Proverbs 23:7"
    Coming Soon http://graphicsdon.com

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3188240].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author officer_iron
    I definitely agree that people don't stick to one course of action. Many people want the Get Rich Quick scenario, and that just usually doesn't happen. What does happen? People give up when they aren't overnight millionaires.
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3188304].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author weatherforecast
    You have 100% right. Everyone can confirm that. If you gave up immediatly you will lose and you don't make money online never .
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3188317].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Page-One
      Generally speaking, I agree. But along with Focus, it's vital to focus on something with real potential for a payoff.

      If I focus 24/7/365 on trying to sell something nobody wants or needs, I may wear myself out and end up with little or nothing to show for it.

      "Find a need and fill it."
      "Feed a hungry crowd."

      Choose a way to meet needs and wants, solve problems, feed a hunger, and THEN focus 1000 percent.
      Signature
      Expert Editing and Writing:
      Web Posts, Articles, E-Books, WSOs, Books
      (NEW! Kindle File Editing, Upload Help, Cover Creation [no PLR/Public Domain]
      _________________
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3188530].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Ben Armstrong
        "The successful leader makes decision quickly, but changes slowly. ... The unsuccessful people make decision slowly and change them quickly"
        - Napoleon Hill

        It seems to be a common problem for people starting out in IM to research and research and screw around for ages trying to figure out the best way to make money, only to change their mind as soon as they don't see results.
        Signature

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3236837].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author LetsGoViral
    97%? Who made these statistics?
    Signature
    Time of thinking is over.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3188559].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Fitzwise
    Thanks I really like the FOCUS. Having just starting out i think it is important to stick with a plan instead of jumping around trying to chase the next "greatest" thing out there.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3188590].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author AndrewCavanagh
      Nice post.

      If you want to make money:

      # Have a definite income goal.

      # Consistently take action that will conceivably move you towards that goal.

      # Since increasing your income is usually based on a combination of skills and assets it pays to concentrate your effort on building assets and skills in one area.

      That concentration of effort is far more likely to bring you positive results.

      So the person who works on becoming an expert at copywriting and building assets like a list of clients who will hire him to write copy is far more likely to start making good money than someone who keeps jumping from writing copy to pay per click to video marketing etc etc.

      When you concentrate your efforts it helps you stay focused and build on past results.

      Kindest regards,
      Andrew Cavanagh
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3188635].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Victor Edson
    To be successful, you DON'T have to do it perfectly.

    Hell, you don't even have to do it good to make money!

    You just have to [u]do it[/url].

    Even if you fail a hundred times first, eventually you'll get good enough at it to be successful at what ever it is you're working at, online or offline.

    The only secret is....there is no secret.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3188977].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author MalBryc
    Awesome post. Thanks for sharing.
    Signature
    "Before you save the world. Save yourself first." ~ Mike Litman

    twitter.com/MalBryc - My twitter, why not @MalBryc me?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3189082].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Mohammad Afaq
    Well it's a nice post and all but I am curious to where you got that statistic from.

    How do you know if 97% of the people fail???
    Signature

    “The first draft of anything is shit.” ~Ernest Hemingway

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3189097].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author WD Mino
      Originally Posted by Mohammad Afaq View Post

      Well it's a nice post and all but I am curious to where you got that statistic from.

      How do you know if it's 97%???
      Mo, This statistic is taken from the IM Support center located in no man's land
      It is a comprehensive statistic based on the purchase to using ratio
      It is being tested now in The US and Canada but the response has been 98% no show.

      I think there is a story on it tonight at 8 pm Brought to you by the marketer's for action coalition
      Signature

      "As a man thinks in his heart so is he-Proverbs 23:7"
      Coming Soon http://graphicsdon.com

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3189141].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author goindeep
      Originally Posted by Mohammad Afaq View Post

      Well it's a nice post and all but I am curious to where you got that statistic from.

      How do you know if 97% of the people fail???
      Who cares? Do 5 minutes of research on the percentage of new business's that fail and you will have 10 different answers.

      One thing ive found with percentages is that there are too many variables.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3189231].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Mohammad Afaq
        Originally Posted by Andrei Rotariu View Post

        Who cares? Do 5 minutes of research on the percentage of new business's that fail and you will have 10 different answers.

        One thing ive found with percentages is that there are too many variables.
        Well we are talking online marketing and there are just too many variables to find out the real percentage.

        95, 97, 99, 108 % whatever are all MADE UP statistics.
        Signature

        “The first draft of anything is shit.” ~Ernest Hemingway

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3189242].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Will P
    It's like baking a cake. You have to follow a recipe to the "T" in order for the cake to turn out like it is supposed to. Well there is a recipe for success in making money on the internet, and if you don't follow the instructions, you are going to have a flat or half baked cake.
    And once you have done this then (and only then) you can start applying your own kinks to the system to see if you can better it. (IMO)
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3189126].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Jon Patrick
      I agree that it's helpful, especially in the beginning, to focus on one thing until you have been able to produce at least a small amount of revenue with it. The reason being that if you just hop from one idea to another, you are probably not giving any of these ideas the time required to test their profitability - or putting in the work required to see results (disclaimer: that doesn't mean that you should continue with an unprofitable project forever.)

      Benjamin Franklin was famously aware of the benefit of focusing on one thing at a time. He chose "thirteen virtues" which he wanted to develop in himself, but he focused on one virtue per week.

      It's clear why. A week of working towards a single goal will often produce better results than a week of working towards thirteen different goals. And thirteen weeks of working towards a single goal each week will often produce better results than thirteen weeks of mixed work on all thirteen goals.

      Did you ever notice that once you get "in the zone" while working on something, you become much more productive? I think it's helpful to remember that staying in that "zone" for a while on one project and then moving to another is usually more productive than continually switching back and forth between projects.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3189237].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author WD Mino
    Well not quite my friend you were saying if you follow it to a T and that is not always needed as you have to have your own spin on it
    -Will
    Signature

    "As a man thinks in his heart so is he-Proverbs 23:7"
    Coming Soon http://graphicsdon.com

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3189189].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author scrofford
      Originally Posted by WD Mino View Post

      Well not quite my friend you were saying if you follow it to a T and that is not always needed as you have to have your own spin on it
      -Will
      That IS NOT what I said. I said that you MUST follow a recipe to a "T" if you want it to turn out right. I never said anything about putting your own "spin" on it. Please read my original post carefully!

      This is exactly what I said:

      (It's like baking a cake. You have to follow a recipe to the "T" in order for the cake to turn out like it is supposed to. Well there is a recipe for success in making money on the internet, and if you don't follow the instructions, you are going to have a flat or half baked cake.)

      And it's true!
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3192155].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author WD Mino
        Originally Posted by scrofford View Post

        That IS NOT what I said. I said that you MUST follow a recipe to a "T" if you want it to turn out right. I never said anything about putting your own "spin" on it. Please read my original post carefully!

        This is exactly what I said:

        (It's like baking a cake. You have to follow a recipe to the "T" in order for the cake to turn out like it is supposed to. Well there is a recipe for success in making money on the internet, and if you don't follow the instructions, you are going to have a flat or half baked cake.)

        And it's true!
        It's all good man no one is saying you are wrong
        But If I may I will say this.
        I can lay a blueprint for you to make x amount of dollars per day doing y and give you the steps I took to accomplish that number.
        You follow my strategy to a T and you end with with nothing.

        How I relate the product or service to the prospect is not going to be the way that you do.

        There are many factors in sales,Name recognition for example will propel the sales even without a sales copy.
        So while the recipe laid out is going to work You have to find what way is going to work for you and you may need to Add some ingredients to it. So then following to a T is not all that is needed. What works for one is not guaranteed to work for another. Cooking based on a recipe will yield a similar result but it won't taste the same.

        Certainly not saying you are wrong but as I said it is partially right.
        -Will
        Signature

        "As a man thinks in his heart so is he-Proverbs 23:7"
        Coming Soon http://graphicsdon.com

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3192314].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author scrofford
          Originally Posted by WD Mino View Post

          It's all good man no one is saying you are wrong
          But If I may I will say this.
          I can lay a blueprint for you to make x amount of dollars per day doing y and give you the steps I took to accomplish that number.
          You follow my strategy to a T and you end with with nothing.

          How I relate the product or service to the prospect is not going to be the way that you do.

          There are many factors in sales,Name recognition for example will propel the sales even without a sales copy.
          So while the recipe laid out is going to work You have to find what way is going to work for you and you may need to Add some ingredients to it. So then following to a T is not all that is needed. What works for one is not guaranteed to work for another. Cooking based on a recipe will yield a similar result but it won't taste the same.

          Certainly not saying you are wrong but as I said it is partially right.
          -Will
          That is very true and I fully agree! People are all different and perceive things differently. So yes, you do have to find out what way is going to work for you. Some people might rather write articles over doing PPC. Other people might want to post on blogs or forums.

          I just think it's good to follow a blueprint like a recipe and then within that find what works for you and stay on track. Don't divert.

          I think we are on the same page...saying the same thing but in different words lol!
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3192342].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author WD Mino
            Originally Posted by scrofford View Post

            That is very true and I fully agree! People are all different and perceive things differently. So yes, you do have to find out what way is going to work for you. Some people might rather write articles over doing PPC. Other people might want to post on blogs or forums.

            I just think it's good to follow a blueprint like a recipe and then within that find what works for you and stay on track. Don't divert.

            I think we are on the same page...saying the same thing but in different words lol!
            Yup I agree now I may have to go bake a cake. LOL
            Signature

            "As a man thinks in his heart so is he-Proverbs 23:7"
            Coming Soon http://graphicsdon.com

            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3192359].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author Devid Farah
            Internet Marketing is a vast, growing field that is difficult to get your mind around especially for beginners.

            If you attempt to conquer the whole thing at one time, then you are quickly going to be overwhelmed.

            That's why it is so beneficial for beginners to focus on just one thing at a time.

            If article marketing is going to be your strategy, then stick to and try to be the best article marketer as possible.

            The great thing is once you get a good grasp of a strategy, it becomes easier to make it automated or outsource the work.

            Then you have time to move on and grow you business in other areas.

            I don't know if I agree that not sticking to one course or direction is the number one reason, but it is defiantly in the top five.

            However, I must also say this. Sticking to a ship with a hole in it won't keep you from drowning.

            Just because you find a strategy and decide to stick to it no matter what won't guarantee success.

            I think even more important than persistence is resilience. Being able to bounce back from failures, learn from it, and try again.
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3199779].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author Tofran
            Good advice. I think most of us are guilty of getting off course from time to time and chasing "bright shiny objects'.
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3221110].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author hoenygrace30
            Really nice post! FOCUS with passion and hardwork goes hand in hand. This is really motivating people like me who are still in the verge of starting up something may it be online or not!
            I guess not all people are convince in making money online for they may be skeptical about it or some would still for the the traditional way of making money....
            I love not just your post but reading other replies as well!!
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3389550].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author goindeep
    Originally Posted by stanislavlem View Post

    Hey, guys.

    This forum is awesome and people are great here. So, to create value I decided to share with you one very important thing I realized...

    I've been in internet marketing for while and as tons of other people I bought different courses. But they were crap! It's a fact.

    So, after some period of time I started to ask myself: "What is the difference between people who make money online and who don't?"

    I asked successful people. I read books and watched interviews with top people like Donald Trump, Brian Tracy, Eben Pagan (David Deangelo) and other people who really know how to make money (not only in the internet marketing but also in life).

    I also asked people who generate huge income online today with Clickbank, Amazon etc.

    I got different answers why people don't make money online.

    And here's the number 1 reason:

    "People Don't Stick To One Direction (Course)"

    I mean most people just buy a product, try it and if it doesn't work instantly they give up.

    Don't do that.

    Be focused. Be bold. Make it happen!

    Important note:
    F.O.C.U.S
    • Follow
    • One
    • Course
    • Until
    • Successful
    The only difference between winners and losers is that winners set goals and achieve them inspite of problems and obstacles.

    And while achieving their goal they never give up.

    So, FOCUS on one direction or course and do what you gotta do to make it happen!

    And you'll be a winner.
    "Never ever give up. Just keep going forward. Never stop. It may seem like you have no chance, it may seem like it's over. Never ever quit."
    Donald Trump

    To your success,
    Stanislav Lem
    This happened to me, it was like my world was turned upside down when i read in one of the best business books ever called "Think and Grow Rich", that defeats are only temporary.

    Before that, every time i came to a hump in the road i would give up thinking it was a sign that it wasnt going good.

    With my current project ive had so many temporary defeats it aint even funny, but you just keep going, keep focusing and not losing sight of the goal.

    Good thread.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3189217].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author gvannorman
    So true. I have fallen trap to this. I have tried something, never bought a program and failed. I then give up, head out and work offline for a while. Just to try again. I am hoping that this time is different.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3190833].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Ernie Lo
    The OP's first post here could be the last message posted on the Warrior Forum and would be all struggling warriors needs to start making money online.

    I know 1st hand, because it worked for me.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3190863].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author alcymart
    Originally Posted by stanislavlem View Post

    The only difference between winners and losers is that winners set goals and achieve them inspite of problems and obstacles.
    Did Donald Trump say that or you did? Whoever it is hit the nail spot on!

    Take care,

    Bernard St-Pierre
    Marketing Consultant
    Copywriter/Teacher
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3190880].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Willie Crawford
    I agree with you 100% although I would have phrased it differently.

    Many who fail, fail because rather than following through, they
    Keep looking for the faster, easier way... Which often doesn't
    exist.

    Willie
    Signature

    Over Six Figures Per MONTH From Ranking And Renting Website?
    Watch The Eye-Opening Video Here!

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3191270].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Freddie G
      Willie Crawford you got it right we are always looking for the easy way out. Sometimes we have it and just don't know it!

      I would just like to get some help with the little technical things I run into. I just never have anyone to turn to when I hit these little walls that are always in my way.

      I'm in a program right now, "Mega Money Email" a step-by-step set up program. I am at the point where I will be uploading it to website, but I have to put some information in the config. file. I don't understand all of what I have to put in here and where it comes from. This is not to mention the option for the downloads. I am just one step from being live but the wall is here again!

      Freddie G
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3237787].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Slyknight
    To OP: Very inspirational post. I am starting to realize how true this is this year... If only I did sooner.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3191299].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Chris Worner
    They spend too much time on Warrior Forum posting in, and creating threads

    Chris
    Signature

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3191305].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ryanvroman
    I don't necessarily agree. I think you shouldn't be afraid to admit and accept failure and move onto the next.

    I would say, do not lose focus on internet marketing, but don't necessarily go full tilt on a single course if you don't feel it's working for you.

    If you stay the course and continue to learn, you will eventually come into something that works. But by all means, don't burn yourself out on a product/course that isn't working for you.

    Luck is a big part of success, and those who are successful always put themselves in positions to be "lucky". Learn as much as you can, try everything. You'll know when it's going to work.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3191314].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author mario22
    I completely agree with you on this. There are plenty jumpers also there are plenty people who sign in and then move on another site.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3191330].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author skooja
    you were spot on man
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3191650].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Ben-Jones
    99% of statistics are made up on the spot
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3191782].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Hogan Chua
    Agreed, if you want to be successful you need to work hard and stay focused and take action, it doesn't have to be perfect, just try and if it fails, you'll learn from the mistakes and succeed your 100th time.
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3191828].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Andrea Wilson
    So true. its simple as that, focus. Besides of online difficulties there are other stuff that can get us distracted. However the main concern of course is still use one strategy at a time.

    Ansdrea
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3192018].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Shazia Mirza
    You are right.

    Now I also have a story. If I "F.O.C.U.S"ed on Adsense

    I would be making much less money right now. But Yes I agree with you.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3192202].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author scrofford
      Originally Posted by IMReview View Post

      You are right.

      Now I also have a story. If I "F.O.C.U.S"ed on Adsense

      I would be making much less money right now. But Yes I agree with you.
      Yeah, you have to follow what works for you. But when you find out what works for you - a system, then follow it. If it works don't change it. Follow the recipe.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3192273].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Steven Wagenheim
        "Absolutes will kill you...absolutely"

        I appreciate the well meaning intention of the OP, but there is more
        horse manure in his assertions than I can shovel in a year.

        First of all, who says 97% of people fail? Do you know this for a fact? Where
        did you get the stats from? An authorized accounting firm?

        Secondly, you say you bought a bunch of products and they were all crap.

        Why? Because you say so?

        Are you an authority on crap? Do you have the definitive final word on what
        is good and what is bad when it comes to information products? Just
        because you didn't get something out of it doesn't mean somebody else
        won't.

        More absolute rubbish.

        Finally, you say the # 1 reason is focus?

        Would you believe that when I started out over 8 years ago, I had laser
        focus. I focused on one thing that I was told to do by the so called
        "experts" for 5 months.

        I made $28.

        I would have never made a decent living online had I continued on that
        dead end path for 5 years let alone 5 months.

        Truth is, there is no # 1 reason why people don't make money online.

        Here is the reality...and you can take this to the bank.

        Because there are no absolutes, there are thus many factors involved that
        go into a person's success including knowledge, skill sets, work ethic,
        market selection, and I could go on and on.

        In fact, there are so many variables involved in the success of a person
        that just one of those variables, not properly executed, can totally screw
        up one's business.

        Number 1 reason?

        I wish it were that simple. It is not. And anybody who tries to pigeon hole
        one person's success or failure into a sole reason is being irresponsible.

        Why?

        Somebody who may be doing something right now that isn't working for
        them might just keep at it because of a thread like this.

        Case in point...the person who has English as a second language and is
        trying to make a living as a copywriter.

        I don't care how long he works on mastering this language, if even
        possible. Copywriting, even for masters of the English language, is hard
        as hell. This person may end up wasting the rest of his life because
        somebody said to find one thing and to focus on it solely until they make
        it.

        Reality check time...not every person can do everything that they set out
        to do.

        The key is recognizing when something is not right for you and then to
        move on to something that might be more suitable.

        As you can probably guess...I hate these threads with a passion.

        # 1 reason my backside.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3192352].message }}
        • Originally Posted by Steven Wagenheim View Post


          # 1 reason my backside.
          HAhah Fair play!!...
          Signature
          Alexander Sebastian Just launched his new blog offering High end Training for FREE..
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3192469].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author ArgusTargus
          Okay then,

          Focus/concentrate
          Hardwork
          An eye for seeing when things don't work, and make improvement

          No-one says that it's going to be easy!

          Originally Posted by Steven Wagenheim View Post

          "Absolutes will kill you...absolutely"

          I appreciate the well meaning intention of the OP, but there is more
          horse manure in his assertions than I can shovel in a year.

          First of all, who says 97% of people fail? Do you know this for a fact? Where
          did you get the stats from? An authorized accounting firm?

          Secondly, you say you bought a bunch of products and they were all crap.

          Why? Because you say so?

          Are you an authority on crap? Do you have the definitive final word on what
          is good and what is bad when it comes to information products? Just
          because you didn't get something out of it doesn't mean somebody else
          won't.

          More absolute rubbish.

          Finally, you say the # 1 reason is focus?

          Would you believe that when I started out over 8 years ago, I had laser
          focus. I focused on one thing that I was told to do by the so called
          "experts" for 5 months.

          I made $28.

          I would have never made a decent living online had I continued on that
          dead end path for 5 years let alone 5 months.

          Truth is, there is no # 1 reason why people don't make money online.

          Here is the reality...and you can take this to the bank.

          Because there are no absolutes, there are thus many factors involved that
          go into a person's success including knowledge, skill sets, work ethic,
          market selection, and I could go on and on.

          In fact, there are so many variables involved in the success of a person
          that just one of those variables, not properly executed, can totally screw
          up one's business.

          Number 1 reason?

          I wish it were that simple. It is not. And anybody who tries to pigeon hole
          one person's success or failure into a sole reason is being irresponsible.

          Why?

          Somebody who may be doing something right now that isn't working for
          them might just keep at it because of a thread like this.

          Case in point...the person who has English as a second language and is
          trying to make a living as a copywriter.

          I don't care how long he works on mastering this language, if even
          possible. Copywriting, even for masters of the English language, is hard
          as hell. This person may end up wasting the rest of his life because
          somebody said to find one thing and to focus on it solely until they make
          it.

          Reality check time...not every person can do everything that they set out
          to do.

          The key is recognizing when something is not right for you and then to
          move on to something that might be more suitable.

          As you can probably guess...I hate these threads with a passion.

          # 1 reason my backside.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3199344].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author MardelInno
    I wouldnt say just stick to one course.

    for me, the keyword is DIVERSIFY, otherwise you are much too vulnerable
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3192211].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author theplugindude
    Well said Steve!!!
    Spot on!!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3192363].message }}
  • {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3195579].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Cataclysm1987
    I would take this a step further.

    You can't just retain focus. You have to focus and beat the living crap out of whatever you are trying to accomplish until it vomits up your customers' credit cards into your face.

    Otherwise you just won't make much money at all.

    Unless you find that magic money button everyone is looking for. Still wondering where that is...
    Signature

    No signature here today!

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3206174].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author brandonacox
    Absolutely! And I've been writing a lot about that word lately - FOCUS. It's okay to be involved in multiple things. The trouble comes when we're hopping from thing to thing before mastering anything.
    Signature

    Brandon Cox @ Blogging for Income

    Grab my Free Download - 101 Ways to Expand Your Online Influence.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3206181].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ArgusTargus
    Just make sure you are not running out of steam too quickly, or burnt out with too much money spent on unnecessary things.

    On spending too much too early is sometimes difficult, because offers generally require money for you to try out. And then you also need time to evaluate the product. There are too many offers than you have time. So, it's difficult to stay on course and not get distracted.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3206211].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Giani
    They do not make a business plan. All they want is to make quick money and that too big Money.
    Signature

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3206219].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author SilentX
    This is good advice, but I would have to combine it with the saying about insanity: something about doing the same thing over and over expecting the same results. You should stay the course only if you have a plan to make improvements on your course of action. If you don't have a clear plan to improve something that isn't working, stop, or pause until you do. Otherwise it may be time to change course.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3206430].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Kurt Abel
    I think the number one reason so many marketers are not successful is that they give up before they figure out how to be successful. You do have to be focused - focused on learning, focused on success, focused on improving, etc. But simply sticking with something and doing it over and over will not necessarily make you a success.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3206576].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author gregoriah
    if 98% of marketing venturers fail could be related to 98% of products are crappy, lol, and end up not seeing the forest for the trees or the trees for the forest.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3206634].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author nobodyreal
    Sometimes if a niche isn't working for you, it's best to abandon it. As people have already said. There are actually ex-posters here who work for me on a sales team selling marketing revamps to websites--they abandoned IM because they saw over-saturation and spent three years and only making 1.7-2.3k a year, now making 30k a year as full time sales people. Should they have stuck with IM and followed the pipe dream that biz op people sell? Or is there some reality about the economy that biz op people are ignoring? I think the second--the reality is this: there's only a limited amount of people buying cable.

    SO if you're a cable company,

    - You have to be able to offer a better service than comcast--which takes massive capital.
    - You have to build a more trusted brand image--which can only be built up through time
    - You have to be able to reach more customers-- which is a function of capital as well.

    It's the exact same in IM. Some of you are trying to nip at Frank Kern's customers or Eben Pagan's customers by becoming IM guru's, just as some are trying to nip at customer's not hit by SEO companies--but if you think will power will give you the RESOURCES necessary to take on the 'big dogs', then you might believe in faith healing also.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3207054].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author KEY
      like steven I have to appreciate any thread that
      at it's intent is to be one of encouragement.

      BUT I also have to say...no way! too much assumption
      and repeating of unsubstantiated 'data'. the "97% of
      all marketers fail" is taken from a 'big' player who
      made this declaration in a sales page in 2010, and it
      is still a 'fact' without any backup...so you are just
      repeating it and proving yet again something that is
      wrong with the state of things.

      there are far too many successful marketers making
      claims that x% of this that and the other thing, and
      do so with such conviction that people then take up
      the banner as it were...repeat and repeat the 'fact' to
      the point of being basically viral.

      next? you use as your proof someone like Donald
      Trump ... he focuses on only one thing? what?
      where have you been?

      the ol' Donald is involved in:
      casinos, high priced condos, hotels, restaurants, books,
      television... hardly only focusing on one thing until he
      is successful! he is working on many projects at once.
      he also regularly weeds out the winners and puts an
      emphasis on those projects.

      to really succeed you should have 2-3 irons in the fire and
      have the sense of when it is time to either shelve and idea
      and outright let it go. to focus on only one project to the
      exclusion of all else is just not a good business. again I
      refer you to Donald Trump, who you chose to use a model.

      do not miss understand me. having focus is a good thing,
      but you have to master switching back and forth between
      a broad focus and a narrow focus, keep on eye on the
      landscape, be aware of what is and is not working, what
      people (think they) want as well as what they really need.

      KEY (eric)

      btw- I feel that whatever the % really is...people fail at
      any endeavor most often as the just did not prepare and
      then follow up.

      many people 'focus' on buying up every product, program,
      and magic theme/template and then do absolutely nothing
      with those resources... as Shakespeare said:
      "if wishes were horses, beggars would ride" - all the focus and
      positive attitude will net you zero, unless you take action...
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3207529].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author John Alves
    It is definitely a good idea to focus on one area. Usually what happens is that people will buy a product about how to make money, and then they will not use it. Next, they buy another which leads them to a new direction. There are so many different ways to make money online, and information overload becomes the problem. People need to think about what internet marketing is really about. It's the act of "selling products to other people online". Once you figure that out, then you are on the right path.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3208199].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Isaiah
    You must not let shiny objects distract you from your mail goal in life...or you will be wondering about aimlessly like the people in the desert...no matter what trials may come..those who can surpass the hurdle will claim victory!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3208792].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Dennis Gaskill
    Flying, Flying, Flying, Flying, Flying, Flying, Flying




    ..........................CRASH!
    Signature

    Just when you think you've got it all figured out, someone changes the rules.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3209038].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author amitdante
    Awesome reason thanks buddy.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3209050].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author 7dbear
    Thanks for the thread. I am so guilty of jumping around. I joke that I'm a steam engine with no track. Good pointing out how focus is always best.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3227408].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author sephim
    My GF just read me a Story from one of her Yoga Books which relates because I have been struggling with the same issue myself. FOCUS. I thought I would share since it's relevant:

    "Imagine a large reservoir of water used by farmers for watering their fields. There are channels leading away from the reservoir in different directions. If the farmer hands dug all the channels the same depth, the water runs equally in all directions. But if one channel is deeper then the others, more water flows through it. This is what happens in dharana: we create the conditions for the mind to focus its attention in one direction instead of going out in many different directions. Deep contemplation and reflection can create right conditions, and the focus on this one point that we have chosen becomes more intense."
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3237036].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Glenpars
    Originally Posted by stanislavlem View Post

    Hey, guys.


    Be focused. Be bold. Make it happen!


    To your success,
    Stanislav Lem
    Thank you Stanislav

    For your wise words so oft forgotten.

    I enjoyed your FREE report very much too - thank you for sharing this.

    Spasiba Stanislav.

    Ian McLaren
    Signature

    \"Pleasure in The Job Puts Perfection in The Work\"
    Aristotle

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3388353].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Tim_Carter
    Spending all ones time reading forums and ebooks is just as big of a factor if not bigger.

    Most people fail to even get started.

    Once you put your head down and get to work you will start to make money.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3388388].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author paulie888
      Originally Posted by Tim_Carter View Post

      Spending all ones time reading forums and ebooks is just as big of a factor if not bigger.

      Most people fail to even get started.

      Once you put your head down and get to work you will start to make money.
      I couldn't agree more. While it's good to interact and learn about new stuff via forums, it'd be wise to have a daily schedule that limits your time on them to maybe an hour a day, especially when you're first starting out and taking action is key.

      Nothing will replace focused action when you're hoping to achieve results, and I cannot stress this enough.
      Signature
      >>> Features Jason Fladlien, John S. Rhodes, Justin Brooke, Sean I. Mitchell, Reed Floren and Brad Gosse! <<<
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3390621].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author PaulMark
    I agree, Steven!

    Who says 97% fail? I think it's HIGHER!
    Signature
    Just PM questions : Paul answers questions about rapid product creation, recurring revenue and creating online training programs. Mark answers questions about SEO, organic traffic, & local business marketing.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3388407].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author EvcRo
    Why 97% and i tend to disagree

    Key is to recognize dead ends before spending weeks on them
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3388534].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Tom L
    How about... they spend too much time lurking on the forum instead of working
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3389257].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author InitialEffort
    Here are my reasons:

    1. Failure to find a successful system
    2. Failure to produce enough content
    3. Failure to make their system work, ie backlinks, cpc tweaking, list building etc
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3389265].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author rickjackson
    I am sooooo guilty of this!!!!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3389320].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author donhx
    Originally Posted by stanislavlem View Post

    Hey, guys.


    Important note:
    F.O.C.U.S
    • Follow
    • One
    • Course
    • Until
    • Successful
    Stanislav Lem


    "Purity of heart is to will ONE thing."

    -Soren Kierkegaard


    BTY, if you're the real Stanislav Lem, I love your work.
    Signature
    Quality content to beat the competition. Personalized Author Services
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3389389].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author neodarth
    Abosolutely right, Focus is important even though I can hardly say is the #1 factor, and I never try to put stats on my post because the 98,5% the times I'm wrong.

    You can be laser focused but without a well defined goal is worthless.

    Ok, this is the most important lesson that you will learn today and better pay close attention:

    you need to be focused and never get distracted by.... hey I have a friend request!
    Signature
    ==> Negocios Estables en la Web Internet marketing en español.

    ==> Internet Marketing Newbie Created for IM virgins
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3389486].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author shermancox
    This is a cool post...I agree with the caveats that we must throw in there as Steve reminds us. When I first started...I grabbed a little here...grabbed a little there...and didn't get anywhere...So then I stuck to one plan...namely blogging+ adsense....I rode that horse for a couple of years and my adsense income grew...but it was still not squat. If I had followed that plan alone I would still be at the "making squat" level...

    so I made some tweaks...did some learning...added to my foundation...added products...etc....Probably got lucky too (which is always a possiblity some of us are inclined to minimize...) and now I am making a bit more...

    I still ain't making a ton...but I am making some...

    So I agree with the OP that perseverance with one plan is important...at least until you figure out what you must do to move it to the next level...and if we are honest...there is no end point..we are always moving forward, tweaking, and sometimes overhauling...but attempting to move forward...
    Signature

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3389747].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author RightGood10
    Never really thought about it like that, but I do agree, knowledge is power and when you become very knowledgeable in a specific market then you are way more likely to succeed than hopping from each one and starting from square one again and again.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3389870].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author 4Frankie
    I did just what you said, brought, tried and moved on to next one. Yes now I realise somebody helped me to get my head going the right way and if you have fun (or tell yourself your having fun, you will believe it) it wont be a work and you will get ahead.
    Great post and lots of great comments from others.
    Signature


    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3389875].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author J Bold
    I want to know why 97% of people make up fake statistics with nothing to back them up to prove their point.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3390101].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Michael T.
      So true,I am also a person who jumps around from method to method and then I actually noticed that I am nowhere.

      Not anymore....I have a solid plan.And it is curentlly work in progress.

      Build a website,write content,monetize it with adsense and affiliate products and get traffic with SEO,article marketing,video marketing....this method works for sure.
      Signature

      Regards...Michael T.

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3390221].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author LauraJames
    Thank you very much. From personal experience, I completely agree. Once I set on the path of building a business, I maintained complete FOCUS, along with a boatload of tenacity. I am glad you shared this with the members of the Warrior Forum. Awesome!
    Signature

    Chief Executive Officer
    Best Designed Blogs
    Based in Canada and the USA
    None of our work is outsourced

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3390505].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author andiniyasin
    aggree brother.....let's make it together
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3390834].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author tsuccess
    Thanks for sharing.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3390850].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author D111
    Focus is the key.

    I was reading "The Snowball" a book about Warren Buffett where he brings up the importance of focus.

    His words were "Intensity is the price of excellence."
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3391310].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Aira Bongco
    I agree. Focus on one path and take action. Soon, you will see the benefits.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3391575].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author indiatext
    its very true what you wrote...people must understand that they cannot swim on two boats simultaneously...
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3391769].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author nike_girl
    I'm glad I found this thread. I enjoyed reading through everyone's comments. F-O-C-U-S is really key to any business...whether online or offline...

    thanks for the great post/s!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3391976].message }}

Trending Topics