Were You Scared to First Post in the Warrior Forum?

105 replies
Hey Warriors!

One of my main instructions in virtually every one of my products is this:

"Sign up at WarriorForum.com and start participating."

I personally believe that whether you're IN the IM niche or NOT, you're going to learn an amazing amount from people here and make good relationships.

However, EVERY single day, when someone asks me a question and if I reply to go to WarriorForum, they insist they're too scared.

Now I remember back on day 1 for ME in the Warrior Forum - I thought I would puke all over my keyboard.

BUT I knew why I was scared.

For some reason, I thought everyone would laugh and say, "You're JUST a ghostwriter - a grunt worker - you don't belong here with us - we're the people you work FOR, not with."

I got over it day 1 too.

But what reason do others have? Is it typical worry about online flaming or what?

Just curious - maybe if I know the WHY I can come up with an argument to convince people otherwise.
tiff
#forum #post #scared #warrior
  • Profile picture of the author AFI
    Nope! I'm far from shy.

    I love it here though, everyone here is so helpful and answers your questions timely. This is one of the best forums in my opinion. Way better than any other I've been to regarding online marketing.

    And BTW, that "grunt work" has made me a full time income. Especially with my new service. I'm very very happy to do grunt work for others.
    Signature

    Learn about Internet Marketing from my dofollow comment blog.....Make Extra Money At Home...
    I WILL BUILD YOU YOUR OWN CUSTOM AMAZON REVIEW SITE - HUNDREDS SOLD!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3187852].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Michael Shook
      Strangely enough, for me, it was knowing that I had to buy something (way back when) in order to participate that made me feel like this forum was a benefit that I was entitled to use.

      So I did not worry too much about writing the first time. Paying for the privilege took away most of that fear.
      Signature


      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3187870].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Ryu
      Umm not really..I used the war forum a lot before I actually started posting here. So when I made my first post it just felt normal to me, almost like family. These people will never let you down.
      Signature

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3187909].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author WD Mino
    I was nervous Tiff because I don't always write too well and I am not always able to put my thoughts into words properly. However. I have found that the more I have participated the better I am becoming at that.

    I joined this forum because that is what I was suggested by one of the people I learned from. This is the best place for learning,networking and helping others which is what I am passionate about.

    thanks
    -Will
    Signature

    "As a man thinks in his heart so is he-Proverbs 23:7"
    Coming Soon http://graphicsdon.com

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3187859].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Mike Hlatky
    Not at all.

    I really don't know how you can be shy online
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3187860].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author donhx
    No, no fear.

    It would worry me that others have such fear. It would seem to me that they would not make good IM candidates. In IM, you need to put yourself out there.
    Signature
    Quality content to beat the competition. Custom Ebooks
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3187861].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ariedel
    Fear of failure, of appearing stupid or asking questions that have already been asked ...

    But also fear that the action of writing that first post could eventually progress into a successful business online.

    Main argument must be, "Do something different to get a different result"
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3187876].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author tiler
      Originally Posted by ariedel View Post

      Fear of failure, of appearing stupid or asking questions that have already been asked ...

      But also fear that the action of writing that first post could eventually progress into a successful business online.

      Main argument must be, "Do something different to get a different result"
      You hit the nail on the head,hopefully this is the starting point for me.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3188216].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Tinkerbell
    I was nervous about making my first post -- and about every successive one I've made on this forum including this one.

    Why? Because the people here have such a vast amount of knowledge floating between them, I'm almost afraid to open my mouth (to write a post, rather) in fear of making myself look like an idiot. :-) I've done exactly that a time or two.

    I come here a lot, read the posts, agree with some, disagree with others. But I respond to very few because I only like to respond to those I feel I personally can add value to. There haven't been a ton of those so far.

    Warriors can be an intimidating place.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3187884].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ObsidianKnight
    Tiffany,

    While I did not have "fear" from posting on the forum, I can understand where they may be coming from.

    Don't forget, this is "new" to them. Most people are "apprehensive" more so then truly fearful. They know that nothing bad will actually happen to them. Much like given your first oral presentation in high school.

    The mind plays tricks on them. They get nervous, are unsure of themselves and what exactly they are doing.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3187888].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Jillycakes
    I was scared to start posting when I first joined...I was a member for something like 6 months before ever making a peep.

    Part of this was just my natural shyness. I tend to wait for people to talk to me first, which has been a big challenge in an industry where you need to market yourself to get ahead lol. I also don't like to ask for help, even when I know I need it...so at first I wasn't sure how to jump in and start contributing.

    There was definitely a fear of getting looked down on or talked down to for being a newbie though. Especially considering so many of the members here are established in what they're doing and are quite successful at it.

    I'm still shy about posting sometimes. I lurk a lot more than my post count would suggest, lol.
    Signature

    Need a writer for articles, rewrites or reviews? Get quality content at quantity prices! PM me for details.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3187901].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author gvannorman
      Originally Posted by Jillycakes View Post

      I was scared to start posting when I first joined...I was a member for something like 6 months before ever making a peep.

      Part of this was just my natural shyness. I tend to wait for people to talk to me first, which has been a big challenge in an industry where you need to market yourself to get ahead lol. I also don't like to ask for help, even when I know I need it...so at first I wasn't sure how to jump in and start contributing.

      There was definitely a fear of getting looked down on or talked down to for being a newbie though. Especially considering so many of the members here are established in what they're doing and are quite successful at it.

      I'm still shy about posting sometimes. I lurk a lot more than my post count would suggest, lol.
      This is what keeps most of the lurkers here from posting. I for one do not know exactly how to use the search function. I have tried, and never really find what I am looking for. Then I ask a question, only to be told that it as already been asked and I should use the search function.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3187921].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Jillycakes
        Originally Posted by gvannorman View Post

        This is what keeps most of the lurkers here from posting. I for one do not know exactly how to use the search function. I have tried, and never really find what I am looking for. Then I ask a question, only to be told that it as already been asked and I should use the search function.
        What usually works for me is the "Advanced Search" feature. I'll throw some keywords into the "Keyword" box and then perform subsequent searches if I'm not getting the results I want. You can use CTRL + click to filter your results through certain sub-forums or only look for posts written in the last 6 months, etc.. Feel free to PM me if you need some extra help cracking the nut.
        Signature

        Need a writer for articles, rewrites or reviews? Get quality content at quantity prices! PM me for details.

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3187978].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Jermaine Tabor
      Originally Posted by Jillycakes View Post

      I was scared to start posting when I first joined...I was a member for something like 6 months before ever making a peep.

      Part of this was just my natural shyness. I tend to wait for people to talk to me first, which has been a big challenge in an industry where you need to market yourself to get ahead lol. I also don't like to ask for help, even when I know I need it...so at first I wasn't sure how to jump in and start contributing.

      There was definitely a fear of getting looked down on or talked down to for being a newbie though. Especially considering so many of the members here are established in what they're doing and are quite successful at it.

      I'm still shy about posting sometimes. I lurk a lot more than my post count would suggest, lol.
      I agree with Jillycakes view.

      Even though I was making money online when I found this great place I just didn't feel like I fit in so to speak. Warriors is a really advanced placed. The knowledge freely posted was far greater then anything I'd seen.

      Didn't wont to make any 'dummy' post in front of such an advanced group of people.

      I still mainly just lurk.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3190680].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Shiva
    Nope I wasnt nervous atol..

    and I don't any reason to be..
    Signature
    If you want to learn some SEO and looking for a Personal SEO Coach, You are just at the right place. Feel free to contact me anytime.

    Get Freshly Squeezed .Edu Link Juice from our Awesome High PR Authority backlinks.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3187903].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Steve Sieverding
    I always have something in the back of my mind when I post something, because what if someone argues with me and I don't have a counter argument? Or maybe they prove me wrong? It just stays back there but I could care less 99% of the time haha!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3187910].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author esmconcepts
    I don’t think it’s a matter of being scared as much as being afraid of asking a dumb question. And to that I say; the dumb question is the one you don’t ask about. No one here was born with all the IM knowledge a person requires to go forward and succeed at marketing.

    A safety for being afraid for me is: My name is not my real name; my picture is not my real picture, I’m not really here, now.

    I don’t even own a keyboard.

    Who are you people and what are you doing in my house!
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3187934].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author TedMarlett
      Hi Tiffany,

      I don't know if I was really scared, just worried if I was going to get flamed for the questions I might ask simply because I don't know everything I should know about internet marketing. It took me a while before I did make my first post though.

      I still don't write on the board simply because of the way it has gone in the last couple of years.

      I read a lot of information here so I don't have to ask too many questions. I research a lot and try to find out my own answers.

      I do respect that a lot of the long-time people on the forum will actually take care of, in a way, the newer people here or the ones who don't post often and think they are asking silly questions.
      Signature

      Get information on growing older and healthier.


      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3187964].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author cashcow
    When I first discovered the Warrior Forum, I was TERRIFIED to post!

    In fact, I found the place so intimidating that after a few days of reading it, I ran away and didn't come back to it until several years later! I guess I must have learned a lot in those few years because it didn't seem so scary anymore.

    Lee
    Signature
    Gone Fishing
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3187944].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Matt Ward
    Nope, not at all. I've been using internet forums for over 10 years, so I guess that helps.
    Signature
    "Keep moving forward."
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3187948].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Leslie B
    Yup, as you can see in my join date and the number of posts I made

    It still scares me, from time to time, the only difference is, I have a few people around me know that told me they'd kick my ass if I didn't get over it

    Leslie
    Signature
    Taking it one day at a time!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3187984].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author MWGrubb58
    Wasn't really scared to make my first post. I just had to get going and do something!

    I've found such a wealth of info here it is mind blowing. Whenever I've had a question about something, this is the place to come to FIRST!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3187994].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author bdunndchi
    I can definitely see people being nervous for their first post. A lot of people are scared to look "stupid," even though the stupid ones are who don't participate and get the most out of it.

    Edit:
    P.S. Coincidentally this appears to be my first post, however it isn't really. I lost my previous account details and just decided to rejoin instead of messing with it any longer.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3188009].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author CDarklock
    Originally Posted by TiffanyDow View Post

    However, EVERY single day, when someone asks me a question and if I reply to go to WarriorForum, they insist they're too scared.
    Never been scared of it. Of course, I've been posting stuff online for over thirty years. I started young, so it never even occurs to me it might be scary to anyone.
    Signature
    "The Golden Town is the Golden Town no longer. They have sold their pillars for brass and their temples for money, they have made coins out of their golden doors. It is become a dark town full of trouble, there is no ease in its streets, beauty has left it and the old songs are gone." - Lord Dunsany, The Messengers
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3188058].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ViperChill
    I had saw my name / brand mentioned in quite a few posts so decided to join.

    I used to be very active on Digitalpoint, but don't really use forums at all these days. I'm having fun contributing on WarriorForum now and then
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3188060].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author CyberSorcerer
    As has been mentioned above, most newbies are afraid of getting flamed, or that their question is going to sound so stupid that either no one would answer or again they would get flamed for asking.

    I always tell them, when your on a forum board where most everyone is professional and experienced, you will not get flamed or ridiculed, especially for asking a question.

    Don't be afraid, step out there and make mistakes. The mistakes that you make is where you get your experience from. The more mistakes you make the more experience you gain.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3188062].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author gvannorman
      Originally Posted by CyberSorcerer View Post

      As has been mentioned above, most newbies are afraid of getting flamed, or that their question is going to sound so stupid that either no one would answer or again they would get flamed for asking.

      I always tell them, when your on a forum board where most everyone is professional and experienced, you will not get flamed or ridiculed, especially for asking a question.

      Don't be afraid, step out there and make mistakes. The mistakes that you make is where you get your experience from. The more mistakes you make the more experience you gain.
      How much experience do you need to gain before you give up? Not that I have given up or anything but, it seems that when I start a project to make money something always happens that derails my train.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3188076].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author CyberSorcerer
        Originally Posted by gvannorman View Post

        How much experience do you need to gain before you give up? Not that I have given up or anything but, it seems that when I start a project to make money something always happens that derails my train.
        IM is no different than running a business. When running your own business there are going to be times, a lot of them, when various problems are going to come up and you, being the owner, are going to have to deal with them. When this happens there's two solutions, handle the problem or don't handle it. Ignoring the problem is the same as not handling it.

        Ask yourself this question. If you just got hired by a small startup company and also just found out that the owner wasn't very good at handling problems, would you feel secure, providing for your family, working there?
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3188148].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author gvannorman
          Originally Posted by CyberSorcerer View Post

          IM is no different than running a business. When running your own business there are going to be times, a lot of them, when various problems are going to come up and you, being the owner, are going to have to deal with them. When this happens there's two solutions, handle the problem or don't handle it. Ignoring the problem is the same as not handling it.

          Ask yourself this question. If you just got hired by a small startup company and also just found out that the owner wasn't very good at handling problems, would you feel secure, providing for your family, working there?
          Good point. Feeling secure is a great feeling. I for one have been trying to get into IM for about 2 years. Have I given it all I had? Nope and that is why I have failed to make any money online besides GPT cash. Which by the way is no wheres enough to make aliving, unless you only need $30 a month. But, I personally eat more than that in a day.

          So, I am once again making a go of this. I have decided to work affiliate marketing first. Learn the path, before creating my own product. I believe I can do this with article marketing and hubpages and squidoo. The only issue I have is the domains that it takes to make any money online.

          Domains cost 2 bucks each for .infos. How many products are you going to promote? Then there is hosting. There are some people out here that want to make money with little or nothing at all out of their wallets. This is where hubpages, squidoo and article marketing can help with that.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3188226].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author KatyaSenina
            No, not scared, though a little intimidated.

            I mean, I'm here among people who have years of knowledge and experience and there I am...at first I thought I had nothing to contribute here, but anyway once you get going, everything takes care of itself... :p

            Right now, I can spend hours here, reading, exchanging ideas, great information etc... I learn new things everyday. It really is a great community.

            I never lasted that LONG at a forum... ANY FORUM for that matter.
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3188278].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Dominium
    Meh, Warrior Forum is SO huge that there is no reason for me to be scared to do my first post... :-D
    Cheers!
    Dominium
    Signature

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3188074].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author cindybidar
    I remember being far too intimidated to post for several weeks, probably due to the number of people that hang out here. But I think that's a GOOD thing. There's something to be said for lurking around and learning the rules of the place before jumping in.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3188199].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author stanislavlem
    I wasn't scared actually!

    It's very easy to be honest with people. And what I realize that if you can speak about some thing that you want to know more - it's okay

    IMPORTANT TIP: For all people who feel fear, There is a book by Susan Jeffers "Feel the fear... And Do it Anyway".

    It's such a great book! And it teaches not only fear aspects but it teaches how "upgrade" other areas of life in general.

    I really recommend this book, guys.

    You find it on Amazon

    P.S.
    Who has read this book?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3188302].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author TiffanyLambert
      Originally Posted by stanislavlem View Post

      I wasn't scared actually!

      It's very easy to be honest with people. And what I realize that if you can speak about some thing that you want to know more - it's okay

      IMPORTANT TIP: For all people who feel fear, There is a book by Susan Jeffers "Feel the fear... And Do it Anyway".

      It's such a great book! And it teaches not only fear aspects but it teaches how "upgrade" other areas of life in general.

      I really recommend this book, guys.

      You find it on Amazon
      I haven't but is this quote from that?:

      "Do it afraid - the courage will come later!"

      I don't know who said it, but it's great!
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3188433].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Jake Gray
    Scared? No.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3188324].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Rachel Healy
    As you can see from my feeble post count, I don't often say anything, mainly because someone else usually says just what I was going to say, and probably better.

    Also, I was on a couple of other forums where I did venture an opinion, only to be shot down quite rudely, so that really put me off for years.

    However, I have to say, you get a better class of person on the Warrior Forum and I've received nothing but kindness and help any time I've asked a question.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3188342].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author PhoebeSmellyCat
    I lurked here for years before I actually signed up and didn't start posting right away even then.

    I really don't like to post if I have nothing much to say, much like I don't like to call people 'just to talk'. I'm learning, though. You need make connections, not just here but on any site where there is interaction.

    Sometimes it's a bit scary when the old timers come out with their dukes up when someone makes a faux pas.
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3188345].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Manic Marketer
    I don't think it was as much as being scared or intimidated, but more that the comment(s) offered were of value to others.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3188351].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author HollyStar
    This is a great post, thanks Tiffany. I hope it encourages the fearful to post.

    I'm always apprehensive when I post anywhere. For me it's kind of like a first date, a first impression. You never really know who will be reading what you wrote. I always want to present myself in the best possible light. Even though I know I can't please everyone.

    Everything we write, gives our readers a glimce of who we are - or who we're pretending to be. This becomes your 'online' reputation, which, in the online world can tarnish quite quickly - so I have heard.

    Maybe I'm just being too paranoid...I don't know.

    But the fear to speak/post is evident everywhere. I used to work a corporate job, and every Friday afternoon was our 'communications' meeting.

    I would have so many one on one conversations with my team about different issues, and told them to bring them up at the meeting, so the top level guys can hear what's going on. The power is at the top.

    But when it came time to speak, even after my "Jane has a great idea about ____, Jane why don't you explain" I would get a no, no, it's okay...yet yesterday, she was freaking out.

    They are just terrified to be wrong, and look like an idiot, and if this is the first interaction they are going to have with the president of the company, instead of sounding ridiculous, they would rather say nothing at all. I could see that they wanted to say something so badly, but the fear won.

    Some people are so brilliant, but never open their mouths (or in this case, type) to let the world know. It's a shame.
    Signature
    IF YOU NEED A VOICE OVER FOR YOUR PROJECTS AND WEBSITES I'M YOUR GIRL! SPECIAL TO WARRIORS >>>> http://www.needavoiceover.com

    LEARN TO BE A SUCCESSFUL VOICE OVER ARTIST
    http://www.mouthymoney.com
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3188368].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author cookingdiva
    Tiffany,

    I know I was scared. I have been reading here for 6 months but it took me sometime to get an account and start writing. Many warriors are great and some have very dry sense of humor to run you away.

    I feel much adjusted here, now with over 70 plus posts, first step is always hard. I remember, I started writing for ezine first, and I was scared to post as I did not know what to expect.

    Once you jump in, you realize why were you scared in first place.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3188418].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Angela Wills
    Great question Tiffany.

    I would say I've been pretty quiet here considering I joined in 2007. I've recently been encouraged to participate here and so far so good! Actually I'm really enjoying joining in the conversation and am learning lots too.

    Why was I shy about posting? I would say some of it would be the flaming thing and worried someone would jump all over something I said if they disagreed. Also, I've read posts here where the arguements get pretty heated, people get banned, stuff like that and was worried I might break some rule I didn't know about and get booted before I knew what was happening.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3188423].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author TZ
    Yeah I was scared.

    But that is because I was an even bigger asshole than I am now, and I got caught up in the flames.

    Finally had to just shut-up and get to work, instead of talking about work.

    The Warrior Forum is WAY bigger and busier now. I can't believe how many posts a day are made here.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3188442].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author tryinhere
    http://www.warriorforum.com/war-room...r4CqkT5kX3hQr8

    for those with a war room pass, see Dennis Becker for some tips on this subject.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3188657].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Fernando Veloso
    Tiff, I surf 8 footers everynow and then Me afraid of posting in one of World's most respected Internet Marketing forums? Nah!!!

    The secret is to wipeout hard, with style, and go back outside to grab a bigger one of the set.

    Dropping in!!!
    Signature
    People make good money selling to the rich. But the rich got rich selling to the masses.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3188676].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Damani Tabor
    Hi all.
    The thing to realize is that n general forum members are professional and highly reasonable.
    No need for nervousness, even if your writing is not the best.

    Personally, I find that fellow warriors are more concerned with the content than the presentation.

    Its about the IDEA rather than the PRESENTATION.

    So Post on with no fear.

    All the best.
    Signature

    For to win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill.
    - Google beware!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3188677].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author TrekkieGrrrl
      Not scared, per se, but I don't know enough to give advice on most of the threads, and I hate giving a "me, too" post.
      Signature

      Hab SoSlI' Quch!
      YMMV = Your Mileage May Vary LLaP = Live Long and Prosper
      Please Donate To KimW - Warrior needs a kidney transplant
      Coming Soon - the Greatest WSO in History!

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3188696].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author JohnMcCabe
      Boy, it's been awhile. Have to think back...

      (Puts down fish, wipes hand on shirt and rubs chin. Focus shimmers.)

      Yes, I was nervous, much like starting in a new job or new school. I came to the Warriors after a long time spent on another forum, where I'd become one of the "cool kids" as some like to say. I was even a moderator.

      So how would I fit in, starting over in this forum?

      Two things happened that eased the nerves...

      > I made a couple of tenuous posts on things I was pretty sure of. I got challenged on my position on one, answered back, and my answer was accepted. The other, I was flat out wrong and admitted it. Got some props for doing so, too.

      > Someone I already knew answered one of my posts with a "about time you got here" message.

      (Focus shimmers. Picks up fish and resumes position.)

      5,000+ posts later, and I'm not going anywhere...
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3188728].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Andyhenry
    I never had any problems.... I already had about 5000 posts on other forums before I even found the 'secret' WF. When I joined it wasn't free and you had to get to it via buying something else and the community was a LOT smaller then. There was about 1 WSO a month
    Signature

    nothing to see here.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3188800].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Latsyrc
    Originally Posted by TiffanyDow View Post

    Hey Warriors!

    One of my main instructions in virtually every one of my products is this:

    "Sign up at WarriorForum.com and start participating."

    I personally believe that whether you're IN the IM niche or NOT, you're going to learn an amazing amount from people here and make good relationships.

    However, EVERY single day, when someone asks me a question and if I reply to go to WarriorForum, they insist they're too scared.

    Now I remember back on day 1 for ME in the Warrior Forum - I thought I would puke all over my keyboard.

    BUT I knew why I was scared.

    For some reason, I thought everyone would laugh and say, "You're JUST a ghostwriter - a grunt worker - you don't belong here with us - we're the people you work FOR, not with."

    I got over it day 1 too.

    But what reason do others have? Is it typical worry about online flaming or what?

    Just curious - maybe if I know the WHY I can come up with an argument to convince people otherwise.
    tiff
    1. Afraid of looking like an "idiot".
    2. Afraid of unnecessary criticism. I am all for constructive criticism though. For example, I wanted to just quote a "snippet" of your initial post, but I don't know how. I have seen others criticize people for not posting just a snippet.
    3. Afraid of falling into a scam by somebody.
    4. Afraid of doing something wrong or against TOS when it would sincerely be an accident on my part.

    With that being said, I think there are some really nice people on here that seem awesome to talk to. I have really enjoyed my time on this board and post here more than anywhere else.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3188848].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Andyhenry
      Originally Posted by counselormom View Post

      1. Afraid of looking like an "idiot".
      2. Afraid of unnecessary criticism. I am all for constructive criticism though. For example, I wanted to just quote a "snippet" of your initial post, but I don't know how. I have seen others criticize people for not posting just a snippet.
      3. Afraid of falling into a scam by somebody.
      4. Afraid of doing something wrong or against TOS when it would sincerely be an accident on my part.

      With that being said, I think there are some really nice people on here that seem awesome to talk to. I have really enjoyed my time on this board and post here more than anywhere else.

      1 - Don't worry about it
      2 - Just press 'quote' and then delete whatever you don't want to be quoted.
      3 - Don't buy anything here (accept war room access)
      4 - Good point, be sure to read the tos.
      Signature

      nothing to see here.

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3188871].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Victor Edson
        Originally Posted by Andyhenry View Post

        3 - Don't buy anything here (accept war room access)

        This is bad advice. There's a lot of good information, and services available here.

        Just don't get caught up in EVERYTHING. If you're looking for a good way to do one thing or another, this is a great place to find good info products. Just make sure you read the thread and see what other people are really saying about it....not just the positive reviews that you see in the thread.

        Scrolling to the last page of a WSO or service can save you a lot of headache when you see everyone else is complaining about it.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3188893].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Latsyrc
        Originally Posted by Andyhenry View Post

        1 - Don't worry about it
        2 - Just press 'quote' and then delete whatever you don't want to be quoted.
        3 - Don't buy anything here (accept war room access)
        4 - Good point, be sure to read the tos.
        Thanks! So, I leave the first and last [QUOTE] .. and then delete what I don't need after it. Duh. I should have realized that. Thanks again!
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3188902].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Victor Edson
    I've never been afraid of asking a question.

    If I never asked it, I would never know the answer. Not knowing is worse than looking like an idiot in front of someone who...in all honesty I don't give a rat's @$$ what their opinion of me is.

    If someone thinks I'm dumb, then ok.. I'm fine with that. It doesn't change my life any at all.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3188874].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Latsyrc
      Originally Posted by Victor Edson View Post

      I've never been afraid of asking a question.

      If I never asked it, I would never know the answer. Not knowing is worse than looking like an idiot in front of someone who...in all honesty I don't give a rat's @$$ what their opinion of me is.

      If someone thinks I'm dumb, then ok.. I'm fine with that. It doesn't change my life any at all.
      Good points. People shouldn't care what others think about them. Something I should work on.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3188880].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author theemperor
      I was a bit scared to be honest!

      The reason was my first post in Digital Point was met with a lot of critisism. Fearing the same here I trod very carefully and made sure I understood the rules etc. before posting

      Another reason was the red colours and the "WAR ROOM" made it look like a very serious place! Being a beginner I felt a little like this was more for experts so I mainly read rather than wrote too much.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3188885].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Lisa Gergets
    I was seriously intimidated. I thought I'd get eaten alive here, because then I knew NOTHING. So I shut my eyes tight, plugged my nose, and jumped into the deep end of the pool, LOL.

    And it all worked out juuuuust fine!
    Signature
    Sign up to be notified when Success on Demand goes live, and receive a FREE mindmap that you can follow to create and launch your OWN IM PRODUCTS!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3188881].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Nto2k3
    Well... yeah, and I just joined. Though thread timing was excellent, as I usually dont post much on forums due to english not being my mother language.

    Of course most of the times is me not having anything worth writing that already hasnt been said.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3189000].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author shabit87
    Nope I wasn't scared at all, but then again I started to post things congratuating warriors that posted threads on their success and asking questions on threads rather than really "contributing." With time, as I became more confident, I did start to share and neither time was I scared, if anything I was excited!

    And if you're really scared, simply introduce yourself. Easy thread to start and you usually get a lot of replies. Its easy to reply when you know the answers (such as questions about who you are and what you do)
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3189008].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Shannon Spoon
    I lurked around the Warrior forum a long time before i actually made my first post. I didn't want to pop in here not knowing anything at all so i learned some before i started posting.

    Shannon
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3189009].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author hamzidosh
    Hmmn...I never thought about that.
    Well I wasnt scared cos I always knew d worst that could happen was "get banned" and its not realy a problem cos No cops would come pick me up!
    I find it easier to express myself online than in the real world...[No wonder I`m a master when it comes to online DaTing!] lol!
    Signature

    For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. - Jeremiah 29:11

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3189011].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author EA
    TiffanyDow,

    To be honest. I still fear writing within this forum and I have no clue why but you know what... I think after reading all these posts from this thread I will no longer fear it. Thank you.
    Signature

    Be Kind
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3189025].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Steve MacLellan
      If you're going to make your living from running your own business, you have to believe in yourself. You have to have confidence. Neither of these happen over-night. You grow into the position. And every one develops at their own pace. Just like kids -- some will learn to walk before they hit their first birthday... some won't walk until their second birthday. But those who continually put an effort into it will succeed and their confidence will grow with their abilities. They will become the person who is....

      That doesn't mean there won't be someone on the forums that won't try to belittle you and flame you the odd time. Little dogs circle, growl and bark and show their teeth, but they don't matter. What matters is your family that you're doing this for. And it matters for yourself. I think all of us have our own "mission statement" whether some of us know it or not. And many people who work jobs they find un-fulfilling, can find something to appease the soul working for themselves... even if it's less money. Although granted.... most of us find that by following our passion, that the money just naturally follows, and it tends to be considerably more than what we earned as an employee.

      And I know what it's like... to have nagging fears. Especially after you have left your job to strike out on your own. Are you going to make enough money this month? How much do you have lined up for next month? Is it going to be enough? Is my family taking me seriously? Are my friends laughing at me behind my back?

      Fear isn't a bad thing. It keeps us sharp and in line. It's fear of having to go back to a job that makes sure we always have work coming in for next week. Like every everything else, you just need to channel and control it, without letting it control you. If it wasn't for your fear, you wouldn't grow into being a business leader. And yes.... the confidence in yourself will increase as you grow. You've managed your fears. You've asked the hard questions. You've made some sacrifices, and had to make snap decisions on the spot.

      Then one day you'll be sitting at your desk over a cup of tea off in your thoughts, "I could have done this; or this... I might still do this...." The fear isn't gone, but it's voice is so small now you can't really hear it over your successes. And you realize that you are where are you because it was a matter of choice. You earned it. You made it happen. You deserve it. And... you are worth it!

      One more thing. Never be afraid to look stupid. The people you look stupid to aren't putting a roof over your head, they aren't buying your cars and toys, and they aren't feeding you. So what if you're not the brightest crayon in the package?

      I wouldn't be surprised at all to learn that most of the people on this forum are smarter and better educated that I am. I know all of my clients are smarter than me. I know all of the people I hire are smarter than me (I make it a rule not to hire anyone dumber than myself) and my 14 year old will attest to this by saying there isn't anyone dumber than ol' Dad. And this is all true. But I had the vision and courage to build my business to where it is now, and I KNOW taking it farther (if I decide I want to) is simply just a matter of choice. It doesn't mean I CAN'T fail, but I'm not likely to.

      Guess I just figured if I was going to have to work for some idiot, it might as well be me.

      You know it's one think if you don't post, like me, 'cause you don't want to be bothered with people who don't matter to you -- picking holes in things you say while they still live with Mom and Dad but feel pretty BIG 'cause they made $100 yesterday.

      It's entirely different if the reason you don't post is a lack of confidence. It's like fear. You can, and will learn how to control it and make it work for you. All you need to do is just keep pluggin' away and keep building your business.

      Regards,
      Steve MacLellan
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3189051].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author alcymart
    Not here, there was no room for shyness in my book. I had tamed myself already. If you ask me if I was nervous the first time I posted on a BBS board back in the late 80's, sure I was nervous, but I was ready to do anything to progress towards my goal.

    Take care,

    Bernard St-Pierre
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3189073].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author navyseal
    The first time I did, kinda hesitate.

    Because some people would actually over react about my post or someone claiming to be an expert. And I am afraid also of insults.

    But now I've come to realize that... if you're in the right track and there's nothing to be afraid of.

    Or participate here in Warriorforum like answering some questions and contribute to best you can.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3189115].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author tritrain
    I was late to join Warrior Forum, relative to being very experienced in ecommerce and affiliate marketing by the time I joined.

    However, I don't think I would have been scared to post. The people here are among the most helpful and informed as any forum I've been.
    Signature
    Domains for sale - see seopositions.net
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3189154].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author MalBryc
    Scared? Possibly.
    I think my issue with isn't with posting (as I'm doing it right now!)
    I am a bit more apprehensive when it comes to starting *new* threads. (Which I haven't done in years)

    What I want to avoid is seeming needy with newbie questions by asking stupid or repetitive questions. I'd love to one day be able to help less experienced Warriors but at the moment I seemed to have turned into a lurker!

    When rationalised, end of the day WF is a community and I'm sure more experienced Warriors love to help their fellow Warriors. Maybe it's just a confidence and how comfortable you are on WF.
    i.e - On twitter, I have loads more 'online confidence' @MalBryc me!
    Signature
    "Before you save the world. Save yourself first." ~ Mike Litman

    twitter.com/MalBryc - My twitter, why not @MalBryc me?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3189190].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author mikemcmillan
    Originally Posted by TiffanyDow View Post

    Hey Warriors!
    Now I remember back on day 1 for ME in the Warrior Forum - I thought I would puke all over my keyboard.
    Tiff, you should know... when I'm here on the WF, DO NOT ask a question unless you are prepared for a gut wrenchingly honest answer.

    I have a fair number of posts and I still...



    well, I still get that feeling you were talking about .

    --Mike
    Signature

    I'll help you create a reputation-building evergreen product in any niche and launch it successfully!
    Check it out here.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3189194].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Thomas Buckley
    Nope i wasnt really but to ask question's when i started im i felt like every one was better at me and i thought i would get flamed for asking a noobish question
    Signature

    Ní hé lá na gaoithe lá na scolb - The windy day is not the day for thatching.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3189203].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Hopp
    After reading just a few posts it was obvious that this forum is filled with intelligent and polite people, so I was eager to participate.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3189214].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author LindaC
    Hi Tiffany,

    I cannot remember being scared to first post in the Warrior Forum. However, one can tell by my post count that I don't often post. No special reason...other than wiser warriors than I "usually does its better than little o' me." Explain things that is.

    My Best 2 U,

    LindaC
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3189218].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author cre8gr8things
    I'm more afraid of the advice I'll be receiving sometimes, or the lack thereof. If no one responds, the silence can be deafening.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3189228].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Timothy Reuscher
    I was intimidated because I thought that the big boys of the WF would of laughed at my advice.

    Sooner or later, you have to get over that sort of non-sense & start posting. If you do not post, you can't get a post count. No post count = not getting to post any WSOs.

    Hope that clears ups everything.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3189456].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author JamesWilder
    My first post - nae problem. I was thanked and re-quoted.

    I've yet to gain that accomplishment since - so from each post forward. I'm terrified!!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3189563].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author raybanmy
    I'm doing my first post here. Hahaa
    I dunno where to start, at new member section or here?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3189597].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Ehanson
      Yes.

      Way back when I first signed up (before the forums changed) I was lurking for a long time and wasn't scared so much as worried I'd look like an idiot if I hit "reply" and say something uninformed. With all the big name marketers on the forum (John Reese and Frank Kern to name a few), I would debate for minutes if I should even add to a conversation- and what to write if I did.

      Now there's all kinds of people on here from every background so there's not much to worry about unless you're way out of line. The Warrior Forum isn't supposed to be a scary place anyway.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3189659].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Josh Anderson
    Don't be afraid.

    If you get your teeth kicked in... just pick em up out of the dust and learn to speak again in a way that warriors can relate with.

    You will find the warrior forum to be quite forgiving.

    Other than that... the forum search tools will keep you from asking repetitious questions, reading will help you understand the culture... and getting your teeth kicked in will help you learn to communicate better.

    False teeth make some people communicate better.
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3189650].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author sunnygal
    We all have different experiences and insights. That's what makes the world interesting.

    For many newbies, seeing some of the high quality posts from some of the more experienced marketers can be a bit intimidating, but if you bite the bullet and get started you'll come to enjoy posting on here.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3190447].message }}
  • Well I was a little bit nervous but not afraid because everyone belongs to my first post was very experienced and well known to their replies where I was a junior and contain 0 posts.So I was nervous to reply there but when I posted one and saw my post on the screen I got back my confidence.
    I'm very much "Thankful" to warrior forum and really enjoy posting.
    Thanks to all.
    Signature

    Subscribe to Hotel Book Save
    !!!Get Discount on every Booking!!!

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3190495].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author imediazone
    Banned
    I was a little scare, of being banned, despite the fact that i have red the rules
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3190625].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Jimmy AL
    Scared? Of what? That they'll cut me with the warrior swords? Nope, not a little bit scared. Mayne just nervous that I may look like an idiot!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3190632].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author imediazone
    Banned
    I was a little scare, that i could get banned, despite the fact that i have red the rules
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3190654].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author paulie888
    I was a little nervous, not about any technical issues, but about not being qualified enough to post relevant and accurate content. It took me less than a day to get acclimated though.
    Signature
    >>> Features Jason Fladlien, John S. Rhodes, Justin Brooke, Sean I. Mitchell, Reed Floren and Brad Gosse! <<<
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3190673].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author whiteshadow1890
    Banned
    Not at all, because i have obeyed the rules.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3190700].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author JohnMcCabe
      Anybody else find it a bit ironic that there are two posts saying they weren't scared because they followed the rules, and both have 'Banned' under the names?
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3191298].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Slyknight
    My first couple of post here (a few years ago), I didn't understand the value of this forum. I was just using it as a way to have my signature flashed so I can get a few referrals for a **CENSORED** MLM program I wasted my time on. Can't tell you how much I regret it.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3191313].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author adrianbf
    Banned
    [DELETED]
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3191732].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Richard Van
      Originally Posted by adrianbf View Post

      I have become a member 1 hour ago, also my post at the same time. And NO i was not scared, because there are some easy rules to remember.
      Hi Adrian,

      There used to be a member here called Imediazone.

      That person was banned this morning.

      You have a forum in your signature called Imediazone and your signature is almost exactly the same.

      I'm sure there's a perfectly good explaination, can I hear it?
      Signature

      Wibble, bark, my old man's a mushroom etc...

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3191756].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author adrianbf
        Banned
        [DELETED]
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3191783].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Richard Van
          Originally Posted by adrianbf View Post

          Well good guess i must say, i would not have created a new account if there was a period lifting time, and also want to apologize for me(imediazone) and my brother (whiteshadow1890). I have told him not to post in the exact day because we would get banned. If i'd get my account back i would delete personally this account. Sorry again for breaking the rules. BTW for this post, no signature. P.S We have diffrent websites, just the same internet because we live in the same house.
          Well I'm not a moderator and I have no idea if you've got a very short ban or not so short.

          Either way it's up to the mods to decide that and if it's just a temporary ban then it's best to just wait and see it out.

          The rules are here for a reason and we can't go around breaking them. All I'm saying is, if I noticed this, the mods will to.

          Either way it's not up to me, personally I'd write to Paul or any other moderator, heck, I'd even write to Allen and apologise as best you can and try and explain why you're going to be an asset to the forum and do what the rules tell you to do.

          All the best to you, at least you've owned up.
          Signature

          Wibble, bark, my old man's a mushroom etc...

          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3191810].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author pettmac
    I am not scared because I know warriors are really good people. Although at first I am not confident in participating in the forums.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3191795].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author BlondieWrites
    I wasn't scared, but just a wee bit intimidated.... all these Warriors that knew SO much more than I did (and do!). I joined way back but just read and learned (still learning) ... never posted until the past few months.

    The feeling of intimidation is far gone today. Now I aim to continue learning and to help others where I can.

    For those that are scared or intimidated, just jump in there and those feelings should pass pretty quickly.



    Cindy
    Signature
    WAHM Daily -

    Working from home, work at home moms, make money online, internet marketing, PLR content
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3191827].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Shazia Mirza
    Not Really. I was never really into warrior forums back in the day. I was more of a digital point guy. But Recently Warrior Forum Really Exploded.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3191852].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Andrea Wilson
    Yeah I was on the same boat before. I was doubtful that I can fit in with the Warrior environment because everybody seems so smart. But when i made my first few posts I realized how friendly everybody are although sometimes there are real grumpy people who posts in a few threads as well.

    Andrea
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3191948].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Ken
      In the beginning I was frightened I might be noticed. Posting was
      out of the question. I felt if I brought attention to myself, all
      those big-shot marketers would steal my ideas before I could
      steal theirs. I knew they could read my mind through the screen.

      My wife, who seems to understand such things or at least does
      not laugh at me, made a beautiful aluminum foil hat for me.
      I felt safe again. There was one drawback, It worked both ways.
      Nothing got out, but also, nothing got in. I was learning nothing.

      Back to the drawing board.

      My loving wife took my beautiful aluminum hat back to the kitchen and
      when she returned she proclaimed she had rebuilt the hat into a
      one-way hat that could only receive thoughts and not allow mine
      to be read.

      As you can see, I no longer fear posting or ridicule, except on those
      occasions when I put my hat on inside-out.

      Ken
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3192292].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Dennis Gaskill
    I don't remember my first post or what kind of feelings may have been going on. I can understand being a bit afraid or nervous because you're putting a part of yourself out there for the world to see, and there are all kinds of people in that world. Not all of them are fun to deal with. Some are downright unpleasant ... but nuts to them, just remember this:
    Don't worry about people who try to belittle you. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great.
    - a paraphrase of Mark Twain
    Signature

    Just when you think you've got it all figured out, someone changes the rules.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3192641].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author brandon2664
    I was a little nervous, but I don't think anyone is really gonna crap on you here. I feel free to post now, but im just scared of someone entering my niche.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3192665].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author adambr
    Banned
    Hell yeah, i was very scared when i made my first post, but now i a have earned some confidence.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3192684].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author SandyDuPlessis
      Excellent post Tiff.

      I am not sure how much is fear and how much is natural shyness. Certainly because this was only the second forum that I had ever joined, it took me a while to get involved, slightly. There was so much to learn and I certainly did not have any useful knowledge that I could pass on to others.

      As for asking questions...not a chance! I saw too many new members being flamed for repeatedly asking questions that others had asked before them. The fact that they probably didn't know how to use the forum (any forum) was besides the point.

      I do remember once or twice getting mad at the flaming and jumping into the fire with both feet and having a bit of a rant.

      Several years later and I still do not have much of a post count and yet once I get to know people I am quite happy to chat and debate til the cows come home, though I must admit to being a lot more comfortable with a one-on-one situation.

      I still tend to feel that I do not know enough about internet marketing to offer my advice willy-nilly, but when it comes to offering encouragement, or brainstorming ideas to help get someone going believe me, I have plenty to say and then I forget all about my "shyness" or "fear".

      Sandy
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3192866].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author stormdore
    I liked reading everyone's posts. I wasn't too scared, but I was definitely overwhelmed (keep in mind my first post was only 4 days ago ). There was so much lingo... I'm still not familiar with what some terms mean. But the more I read and respond to posts, the more familiar I'm becoming. After all, you are not going to learn if you don't put yourself out there.

    Terri
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3192927].message }}

Trending Topics