My plan to start profiting fromAmazon - What do you think

by cweber
77 replies
So i am really in to Amazon as I have really enjoyed using them in the past for purchases. I plan to write a lot of product reviews for some of the highly searched less competition products that I can find on Amazon.

I tend to choose Amazon products that have at least 20 reviews and are 4 stars or higher. Then I will make sure there is enough info about the product around to create a 600+ word review.

On average it takes me about 30-40 minutes to write a review and about another 10 minutes to create a couple graphics/banners to use with the review on the site.

I currently have one site that I am posting all of my reviews on and it has a very good product review theme/layout. I am only using one domain for the reviews as opposed to having a domain with the keyword I am targeting in my review as this tends to get a little more risky when using company/product names in your own domain name/website. So I have decided to keep it more to a general site and put all my reviews on it.

The domain is ~2 years old so nicely aged and allready had some previous backlinks in google as well. That's why I chose the one domain for the site.

I plan to write 1 review per day and post it to the site so in a month from now I will have about 30 reviews out there ranking and hopefully profiting too.

I am using automatic backlink creator to build backlinks slowly so it doesn't look to suspicious to google. I think this will work well too as the product name keywords I am targeting are low competition so it should be easier to rank high with especially with my aged domain as well.

My plan is based on numbers and volume rather than skill and luck which some seem to think making money online requires (luck). I f I keep at it in 2 months I will have 60+ reviews out there and keeping it conservative, if I make 2-3 sales per month with each review at an average of $5 per sale (I am mainly targeting products over $100) then that is an extra $600-$900 per month which isn't too bad at all and with that I would reinvest it to outsource the review writing and keep scaling it up more and more.

I would like to know if you guys think this is a good plan of attack and if there is anything you might change about the plan let me know I am open for ideas. Thanks
#fromamazon #plan #profiting #start
  • Profile picture of the author Mike Hlatky
    Originally Posted by cweber View Post

    I would like to know if you guys think this is a good plan of attack and if there is anything you might change about the plan let me know I am open for ideas. Thanks
    It sounds like a great plan.

    Consistent action is required for any successful amazon review site (or any site, for that matter). It sounds like you do have a great plan, you just have to be sure to follow through with it.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3227425].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Ernie Lo
    Sounds good but I'd adsense instead of amazon. A lot more easier and you don't have to write reviews just general articles.

    Plus lot easier to make money with adsense which should drive your to work even harder.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3227428].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author cweber
      Originally Posted by Ernie Lonardo View Post

      Sounds good but I'd adsense instead of amazon. A lot more easier and you don't have to write reviews just general articles.

      Plus lot easier to make money with adsense which should drive your to work even harder.
      I just find it a lot more risky with adsense as they seem to shut down accounts pretty quickly without reason so I would hate to do all this work and then have my account banned so Amazon seemed the better way to go for the long term.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3227442].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Ernie Lo
        Originally Posted by cweber View Post

        I just find it a lot more risky with adsense as they seem to shut down accounts pretty quickly without reason so I would hate to do all this work and then have my account banned so Amazon seemed the better way to go for the long term.
        I understand. Well if you put the work in you should make some good money with amazon too.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3227522].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author tijja
      Originally Posted by Ernie Lonardo View Post

      Sounds good but I'd adsense instead of amazon. A lot more easier and you don't have to write reviews just general articles.

      Plus lot easier to make money with adsense which should drive your to work even harder.
      So not true. I have earned as much as $2500 for one review post in one month. Can you earn that much from one page with AdSense. I think not.
      Signature

      Tiffany - Entrepreneur, Blogger, Web 2.0 Geek
      Check out my premium plr domain FS!

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3549456].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Ehsan_am
        Originally Posted by tijja View Post

        So not true. I have earned as much as $2500 for one review post in one month. Can you earn that much from one page with AdSense. I think not.

        I confirm this.

        I had a website in a high CPC niche which happened to be around a physical product. I had adsense on the website since I was planning on flipping it down the road. Anyway my plans changed and I decided that I'd give amazon a try. Long story short, I was making more sales with amazon than I was getting clicks to my adsense ads. It's crazy but people seem to have a harder time clicking adsense ads than buying from amazon.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3549704].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author cjreynolds
          I can't believe I found this thread now - I'm in the process of setting up something very close to what you're doing, cweber!

          This thread is exactly what I needed to ensure I was on the right track. I'd like to join cweber in thanking you all!

          This is exactly why I hang out here - You guys are awesome!

          Thanks,

          joe
          Signature

          I just added this sig so I can refer to it in my posts...

          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3549901].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author yssync
            Originally Posted by cjreynolds View Post

            I can't believe I found this thread now - I'm in the process of setting up something very close to what you're doing, cweber!

            This thread is exactly what I needed to ensure I was on the right track. I'd like to join cweber in thanking you all!

            This is exactly why I hang out here - You guys are awesome!

            Thanks,

            joe
            Oh my gosh me too~! I have 2 sites up for 2 weeks now. no sales, yet, but hope to start seeing that soon!
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3556074].message }}
            • Originally Posted by yssync View Post

              Oh my gosh me too~! I have 2 sites up for 2 weeks now. no sales, yet, but hope to start seeing that soon!
              2 weeks usually isn't enough for some posts to even get indexed, let alone to start ranking. Just carry on promoting your pages, building links and sales will start coming in when you least expected.

              This especially happened to paula and wanda - And its hopefully what'll happen to me.

              Just binge writing all my reviews over the course of 15 days. 3 Reviews per day, and then queueing them up to post every 4 days (180 days total, around 6 months).

              Giving the impression that the site is regularly updated, and allowing me time to build up my pages.

              I plan only to make an income from Amazon with few domains. And I'm not moving on until this first one and its pages are exceeding 50 dollars a day.

              Staying completely focused.

              Doing it this way is also allowing me to continue using my other methods and income streams so that I can maintain them.

              My end goal is $1000 per day per site. I have short term income goals for my first months too. Got it written down somewhere but I think month 1 was 10 dollars. My queue to move onto another site is 50 dollars consistently.

              Does not mean I do not continue to improve the first site, I'm just adding another to the mix and going on another 15 day Article review binge.

              Reviews are taking me roughly 2-3 hours to write one. And they are generally between 1500-3000 words.

              Hope this helps a few

              *EDIT* Oh and I forgot. Don't get too hung up on your reviews. Try your best to include as much detail and content as you can. Later on when you start to get traffic if you weren't happy with your results you can continually tweak it until you think it reads best and converts well.

              People seem to get in the frame of thinking that once a page is written and indexed, they can no longer be changed or improved on the SE rankings.
              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3556346].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Kaspars Leinis
          Originally Posted by Ehsan_am View Post

          I confirm this.

          I had a website in a high CPC niche which happened to be around a physical product. I had adsense on the website since I was planning on flipping it down the road. Anyway my plans changed and I decided that I'd give amazon a try. Long story short, I was making more sales with amazon than I was getting clicks to my adsense ads. It's crazy but people seem to have a harder time clicking adsense ads than buying from amazon.
          Great to hear this! This is very encouraging for people who just are getting into this.

          Do you see this consistently over many sites -- meaning Amazon revenues beating adsense?
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3549947].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author Ehsan_am
            Originally Posted by Kaspars Leinis View Post

            Great to hear this! This is very encouraging for people who just are getting into this.

            Do you see this consistently over many sites -- meaning Amazon revenues beating adsense?
            I don't use adsense anymore so I can't say that amazon beats adsense on every site. However on that particular website Amazon was doing more than beating adsense in revenue. My actual amazon sales were higher than adsense clicks. Revenue wise I was making 5-6 times more money with amazon for the same amount of traffic.
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3549987].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author ElectronPlumber
              Cweber, you are 100% on the right track here. This is exactly what I've been doing for 2 years now in my spare time. Check out my site in my sig for my Amazon earnings reports to see how you can expect to do.
              1. I actually put both Amazon and Adsense on many of my review sites. I find that they don't take away from each other. Amazon earns me more though, especially around the Holiday season.
              2. Don't just stick to one site. Create multiple around a product theme and interlink them. So one site that does TV reviews, one that does BluRay player reviews, one that does BluRay movie reviews, one that does home theater speaker reviews, etc. When you link from one to the other it will carry more weight if they're in a related space. It's harder to make a catch all review site work since Google can't figure out what your site is about.
              3. On my Wordpress sites I've found that posting every 2-3 days is better than every single day. By letting 5-10 featured posts sit on your home page means each post gets a couple of weeks of added weight by having a nice long link from your homepage. Check your visitor stats for what posts are getting the most traffic and from what keywords. You'll find you might have a post that gets good traffic at first but when it drops off your homepage that traffic dries up since you drop in the keyword rankings by losing your homepage link. Make a link to that post in a side bar widget and give it extra backlinks to get it back up to the top. Out of those 60 reviews you'll probably have 10 or so that get you most of your traffic and you want to focus on getting those successful posts to #1 in Google rankings to really start earning big.
              4. There is a LOT more competition for items that are $100+. Don't be afraid to review $20 items since those are far more likely to be bought on a whim. You only get 24 hours after clicking your link to Amazon for the customer to buy.
              Good luck out there! You can do it. Don't get frustrated, stick with it until the holidays and you'll have some nice rewards.
              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3550088].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Dean Dune
    I think its a great plan.

    I would shoot for two articles per day, though.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3227472].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author cweber
      Originally Posted by Dean Dune View Post

      I think its a great plan.

      I would shoot for two articles per day, though.
      I was thinking that too as it would make it quicker to build up my reviews and thus my profits as well. Some days I may do 2 and others only 1 just depends on what I have time for. heck, last week I had a day off so I went ahead and wrote 3 reviews and built an entire site from scratch but that was a little much all at once haha
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3227502].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Rukshan
    Sounds good. You can outsource above process when you earn bucks from amazon. It will scale the profit

    Thanks
    Rukshan
    Signature

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3227682].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Congrats
    I think it's a sound plan. Actually i have the exact same idea, one site and write reviews for amazon. I think i have a little different aprouch but all in all it sounds the same. It should work as you say, that's what i have experienced with the smaller review sites.

    Go for it and see you at the top :-)
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3227748].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Coby
    I have in the past done one product or product type per domain, but recently starting doing somthing very similar to your approach.

    I think your plan is very good and should work well. It's also easy to outsource. On days you are feeling extra productive and write more than one review just schedule to be posted at a later date, that way if you are under the weather or something one day or a few days you will be covered

    Good Luck
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3228281].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author cweber
    Thanks everyone, I really appreciate your feedback. It makes me all the more motivated now to keep working at it.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3228703].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Syamsul Alam
      Originally Posted by cweber View Post

      Thanks everyone, I really appreciate your feedback. It makes me all the more motivated now to keep working at it.
      That's why it is good to share your plan here. To keep yourself motivated and work instead of wandering off...

      Good luck with your new review sites. Share with us when you got your first sale and your first $100.
      Signature
      Signature Here...
      ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Move your cursor to my link and it will magically turned red when you do it. Try (and click) it!
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3228954].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author JohnMcCabe
        I think you have the makings of a sound plan. FWIW...

        > A general domain name with the product name somewhere in the url is almost as good as having an exact match domain for SEO, and may do a better job of inspiring confidence in your visitors.

        > As you grow, and especially as you are able to hire out some of the writing, you may want to consider building a network of feeder sites around the activity the product is used in (where it makes sense). This will both boost your authority with the SEs and send traffic to your reviews.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3229938].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author cweber
        Originally Posted by alampintar View Post

        That's why it is good to share your plan here. To keep yourself motivated and work instead of wandering off...

        Good luck with your new review sites. Share with us when you got your first sale and your first $100.
        Hey guys. Just thought I'd report back on my progress now. Shortly after starting this thread I made my first ever Amazon sale and it felt great.

        In January I made around $25, in February around $55 and so far in March I have made around $145 and the month isn't even over yet. I look forward to my first check in a couple months. I currently have around 60-70 review articles written but haven't fully built all my sites with these articles yet so I'm still working on building that up but so far I am very happy with my progress and success so far.

        My ultimate goal by September is to be making roughly $50/day consistently. I will be heading off to university and $50/day would be enough to pay for my student loans which would be a huge relief and weight off my shoulders.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3548865].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author phpnetpro
          Originally Posted by cweber View Post

          Hey guys. Just thought I'd report back on my progress now. Shortly after starting this thread I made my first ever Amazon sale and it felt great.

          In January I made around $25, in February around $55 and so far in March I have made around $145 and the month isn't even over yet. I look forward to my first check in a couple months. I currently have around 60-70 review articles written but haven't fully built all my sites with these articles yet so I'm still working on building that up but so far I am very happy with my progress and success so far.

          My ultimate goal by September is to be making roughly $50/day consistently. I will be heading off to university and $50/day would be enough to pay for my student loans which would be a huge relief and weight off my shoulders.
          Very glad to hear you're off to a great start cweber .

          Ryan
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3551867].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author joymarino
          Originally Posted by cweber View Post

          Hey guys. Just thought I'd report back on my progress now. Shortly after starting this thread I made my first ever Amazon sale and it felt great.

          In January I made around $25, in February around $55 and so far in March I have made around $145 and the month isn't even over yet. I look forward to my first check in a couple months. I currently have around 60-70 review articles written but haven't fully built all my sites with these articles yet so I'm still working on building that up but so far I am very happy with my progress and success so far.

          My ultimate goal by September is to be making roughly $50/day consistently. I will be heading off to university and $50/day would be enough to pay for my student loans which would be a huge relief and weight off my shoulders.
          Congrats to you. I was just reading the thread and wondering how it was going for you, almost 2 months out. It's almost like you are (more than) doubling your sales one month from the next, which is something I think we'd all like to do. Congrats again. Continue to keep us updated.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3556361].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author paulie888
            Originally Posted by joymarino View Post

            Congrats to you. I was just reading the thread and wondering how it was going for you, almost 2 months out. It's almost like you are (more than) doubling your sales one month from the next, which is something I think we'd all like to do. Congrats again. Continue to keep us updated.
            Joy, it's really not that difficult to double your sales from one month to the next, especially if you put in consistent work from day to day. The trick is to stay focused on the task at hand that generates revenue for you, and not getting distracted by the latest bright and shiny objects. The task of writing reviews in this case can get rather monotonous after a while, but this is what will ultimately increase your revenues steadily and predictably!
            Signature
            >>> Features Jason Fladlien, John S. Rhodes, Justin Brooke, Sean I. Mitchell, Reed Floren and Brad Gosse! <<<
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3557220].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author joymarino
              Originally Posted by paulie888 View Post

              Joy, it's really not that difficult to double your sales from one month to the next, especially if you put in consistent work from day to day. The trick is to stay focused on the task at hand that generates revenue for you, and not getting distracted by the latest bright and shiny objects. The task of writing reviews in this case can get rather monotonous after a while, but this is what will ultimately increase your revenues steadily and predictably!
              Well, the cat is out of the bag on this one...LOL...I am not very good at being consistent, or disciplined (which is exactly why I am going BACK on a diet this spring). I do know that it is important, but I let self-doubt whisper in my ear and then I talk myself out of the best life has to offer me. However, knowing this, I can work hard to talk myself back in to the "game" and I encourage everyone to also stay focused and keep working at it! Thanks for your comment---it is a greatly appreciated reminder! ~Joy~
              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3560136].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author Tylos
            Sounds like interesting; Can I earn 50% of them through amazon or click bank affiliate? Cool; what the procedure how I can start...

            Suggestion...?
            Signature
            Tylos a Cleaning Company in Dubai
            Maid Services in Dubai | Office Cleaning Dubai

            keeps you up to date on the latest developments of the forex markets by Forex
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4218868].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Syamsul Alam
          Originally Posted by cweber View Post

          Hey guys. Just thought I'd report back on my progress now. Shortly after starting this thread I made my first ever Amazon sale and it felt great.

          In January I made around $25, in February around $55 and so far in March I have made around $145 and the month isn't even over yet. I look forward to my first check in a couple months. I currently have around 60-70 review articles written but haven't fully built all my sites with these articles yet so I'm still working on building that up but so far I am very happy with my progress and success so far.

          My ultimate goal by September is to be making roughly $50/day consistently. I will be heading off to university and $50/day would be enough to pay for my student loans which would be a huge relief and weight off my shoulders.
          It's post like this that make 90% of warrior envy... lol....

          I wanna say congratulations for your first $100 (which apparently you're doing better than just getting $100).

          And if I'm not mistaken, business model like this that will be passive income for you since you don't have to invest anything more than 3 hours/week in your site when your site already had strong backlink established.

          However, I believe that in near future, one of your site will be able to generate $500/week and you'll be in position of cloning your site (using others time) and multiply your profit.

          Cheers, Alam
          Signature
          Signature Here...
          ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          Move your cursor to my link and it will magically turned red when you do it. Try (and click) it!
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4216809].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Ryan Even
    The key is to stick with it.

    It's easy to get excited in the beginning, but you need to keep on working (even when you don't feel like it). If you do, it should work out great for you!
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3228724].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author faceblogger
    Sounds Good! Just like one mentioned above, I too have been using Adsense instead. It's easier for me!
    Signature

    no sig

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3230033].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author dfs_dean
      cweber - you've got a solid plan to get things off to a good start.

      As a suggestion for you to tuck away - don't let it distract you now because you need to be consistent with your current plan - after your two months of writing reviews you couldn't help but gain some pretty good knowledge of the niche you review products for. At that point you might consider spending some time developing another site with general informational articles that you would monetize with AdSense (or other ad methods).

      This would open up multiple streams of income, which you'll need for the long term. You never know when your state might pass a tax law and have Amazon pull the rug out from under you. Or maybe Google doesn't like your hair style and cancels your AdSense account. You need to plan for multiple income streams and this is a relatively easy way to start moving down that road.

      Personally, I find it easier to write reviews than general articles because I have a particular format and focus when doing reviews. But after spending time writing reviews for a particular niche, I've broadened my "expertise" in the niche and feel more comfortable with sitting down at the keyboard and coming up with some 500 word (+/-) general articles.

      Just some thoughts to consider.

      Peace
      Signature
      Find something to enjoy about reality. It's not going to go away.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3230356].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Traffic Eagle
    Hey, thats great news! Are you only doing amazon for revenue or combining with adsense? If your products are getting reasonably high click costs on adwords then it might be worth your while to diversify your income.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3549086].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author cweber
      Originally Posted by Traffic Eagle View Post

      Hey, thats great news! Are you only doing amazon for revenue or combining with adsense? If your products are getting reasonably high click costs on adwords then it might be worth your while to diversify your income.
      I am only doing Amazon. I think that having adsense on the site too is just too distracting of the main goal to get people to click through to Amazon to buy there. So far I only get on average 10 visitors per day to my best site and yet I make consistent sales pretty much every day because I am targeting buying keywords. I would rather keep those 10 visitors focused and heading over to Amazon to buy something there. Just my opinion though.

      I know some people mentioned diversifying income streams because Amazon has been pulling out of certain states lately due to take issues. I'm from Canada though so I don't think this will ever be an issue for me (or at least not in the near future), so I feel pretty safe with Amazon
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3549169].message }}
      • Originally Posted by cweber View Post

        I am only doing Amazon. I think that having adsense on the site too is just too distracting of the main goal to get people to click through to Amazon to buy there. So far I only get on average 10 visitors per day to my best site and yet I make consistent sales pretty much every day because I am targeting buying keywords. I would rather keep those 10 visitors focused and heading over to Amazon to buy something there. Just my opinion though.

        I know some people mentioned diversifying income streams because Amazon has been pulling out of certain states lately due to take issues. I'm from Canada though so I don't think this will ever be an issue for me (or at least not in the near future), so I feel pretty safe with Amazon
        Congrats
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3549239].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author theultimate1
        Originally Posted by cweber View Post

        So far I only get on average 10 visitors per day to my best site and yet I make consistent sales pretty much every day because I am targeting buying keywords.
        Hey, Congratulations on that success... I wish you do better by each passing day with your sites.

        Would you please share an example of a buying keyword you're targetting? I'm not asking you to give out your niche; just want to know what kind of keywords are 'buying keywords' really (in your case). Thanks
        Signature
        If Content Is Your King, Then This GhostRider.. err.. GhostWriter Is Your Knight!
        My Sample Articles
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3557814].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author cweber
          Originally Posted by theultimate1 View Post

          Hey, Congratulations on that success... I wish you do better by each passing day with your sites.

          Would you please share an example of a buying keyword you're targetting? I'm not asking you to give out your niche; just want to know what kind of keywords are 'buying keywords' really (in your case). Thanks
          Sorry, I'm not going to give out my keywords but basically any good buying keyword would be the name of a product, or the name of a product review. For example:

          "Nikon coolpix 91546xg" (not real product, just an example)
          or
          "Nikon coolpix 91546xg review"

          Those are both examples of buying keywords because people are searching for the exact model of a product so good chance they are looking to buy.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3558023].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author theultimate1
            Originally Posted by cweber View Post

            Sorry, I'm not going to give out my keywords but basically any good buying keyword would be the name of a product, or the name of a product review. For example:

            "Nikon coolpix 91546xg" (not real product, just an example)
            or
            "Nikon coolpix 91546xg review"

            Those are both examples of buying keywords because people are searching for the exact model of a product so good chance they are looking to buy.
            That's what I was looking for. Thanks again, and you have a rocking journey with your sites man. I'm hooked on to this thread now; would love to read more from you.

            Originally Posted by joymarino View Post

            I've been taught, by an amazing lady and affiliate marketer that "buying keywords" are ones that get specific to model, color, size, as well as "sale", "discount", "coupon". Again, as was replied before, these are the words that someone types in to the search engine, ready to buy, credit card in hand. If they aren't that specific, than they are probably researching and not ready to buy.

            Think of it this way: You are looking to purchase a new TV, you know the make and model and now you want a good price on it: What would YOU type in to Google to find a bargain?

            ~Joy~
            Bang on!

            Thanks a BIG ton Joy. Now I know how to do 'better' keyword research.

            Originally Posted by Michael Franklin View Post

            I'll share with you one that's been money in the bank.....

            BEST <keyword>
            Thanks Michael

            I have a question though.

            Would it be best handheld camcorder? or best Sony camcorder? or best 12MP camera?

            What has worked well for you?
            Signature
            If Content Is Your King, Then This GhostRider.. err.. GhostWriter Is Your Knight!
            My Sample Articles
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3561725].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author Michael Franklin
              Originally Posted by theultimate1 View Post


              Thanks Michael

              I have a question though.

              Would it be best handheld camcorder? or best Sony camcorder? or best 12MP camera?

              What has worked well for you?
              Don't use any brand names or trademarks for your keyword if you are going to use that keyword in your domain name.

              I would check the search volumes of your terms and focus on the ones that get decent monthly volume.
              Signature

              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3562236].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author joymarino
          Originally Posted by theultimate1 View Post

          Hey, Congratulations on that success... I wish you do better by each passing day with your sites.

          Would you please share an example of a buying keyword you're targetting? I'm not asking you to give out your niche; just want to know what kind of keywords are 'buying keywords' really (in your case). Thanks
          I've been taught, by an amazing lady and affiliate marketer that "buying keywords" are ones that get specific to model, color, size, as well as "sale", "discount", "coupon". Again, as was replied before, these are the words that someone types in to the search engine, ready to buy, credit card in hand. If they aren't that specific, than they are probably researching and not ready to buy.

          Think of it this way: You are looking to purchase a new TV, you know the make and model and now you want a good price on it: What would YOU type in to Google to find a bargain?

          ~Joy~
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3560150].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Michael Franklin
          Originally Posted by theultimate1 View Post

          Would you please share an example of a buying keyword you're targetting? I'm not asking you to give out your niche; just want to know what kind of keywords are 'buying keywords' really (in your case). Thanks
          I'll share with you one that's been money in the bank.....

          BEST <keyword>
          Signature

          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3560715].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author jan roos
            Originally Posted by Michael Franklin View Post

            I'll share with you one that's been money in the bank.....

            BEST <keyword>
            Yup that's the gold right there.

            Cheers
            Signature

            I'll teach you how to make money like a Mamba.

            Sign up for the free money mambas newsletter!

            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3560830].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author HugoG
    I think is a great idea! But the KEY factor is consistency. Cause a lot of times we think we have failed before we even scratched the surface.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3549948].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author cweber
      Originally Posted by HugoG View Post

      I think is a great idea! But the KEY factor is consistency. Cause a lot of times we think we have failed before we even scratched the surface.
      Very true. I think the biggest thing for me that has made me stick with it is the fact that the first Amazon site I built took off very well and has been doing very well. So far most of my profits have come from this one site. however I think I would be in a more discouraged boat if I had started off with my second site as it isn't doing nearly as well. It has made a few sales but compared to the first it's not much. Just keep at it. I need to work on getting my sites ranked better in Google as well, that will really start boosting the profits.

      Thanks again guys The motivation is really great too.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3550238].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author jgant
        I like Amazon, but you can also become an affiliate for CSN Stores and Mercantila to name a couple other large online retailers. Compare prices for your readers and give them the choice.

        The commissions with other large online retailers are sometimes higher and very often have longer cookies.

        Test this approach with your site - it may distract your buyers. I like offering options. I create the links so they open in new windows making it easy for my readers to compare prices.

        I use CSN Stores and Mercantila as two examples - there are others such as Sears, Walmart, Staples, Best Buy, etc. It gets ridiculous to a point, but some people may prefer buying from Sears (for example) because there are physical locations they can visit post-purchase.
        Signature
        How I hit $10,000+ per month very fast w/ 1 niche blog - Click Here to learn more (no opt-in).
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3550330].message }}
  • Couple questions to those who are doing well with Amazon currently. Ignoring the social bookmarking run I did where a lot of the visitors clicked directly to Amazon. Users who did stay (the majority) stayed on my page for an average of 8 minutes. Those who looked elsewhere stayed for an average of 13 Minutes.

    Would you say this was good in your experience? I received a few compliments by email and someone asking for my facebook page. Reviews are around 1800-2000 words each.

    Another thing to note is everyone who went to Amazon never bought anything. Personally because they were social bookmarking visitors they were probably looking for a good piece to read, and possibly publish.

    If they stayed long enough to read it and go onto Amazon it must mean the piece itself is good.

    Just needs more targeted traffic.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3550532].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Congrats
    Thanks for the update!

    My review site is doing pretty good also. I have 22 reviews published and made $32 last month. This month so far over $60 commision and should cross the $100 at the end of the month.

    Haven't done much backlinking yet but so far the site gets between 30 and 40 google searches a day, which is in my experience GREAT for a new site like this. After 6 months to a year the site matures and your pages will rank even better (from experience) but of course we have to see how it goes.

    So far investment wise for the article reviews is very good. I pay $15 for a review (which is very cheap for 800 -1200 words) but these are some friends helping me out :-)

    So, after just a few months the review articles will break even and from then on it's just profits month after month. It looks good!! and i'm excited to see how far we can go with this site in earnings potential.

    Oh, and i think the advantage of a big site is that what ElectronPlumber guy says, when you put for example your best 10 review articles in the sidebar those will get the best boost in rankings and that can double their income from the boost in search engine rankings. I have seen this with my other sites too where i've done this also. That was my idea also, imagine just 10 reviews doing $1000 each a month. I know this is possible.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3550740].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author aaronngoh
    This is a great plan but I will outsource the whole process out and duplicate what works
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3551103].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author brianboyer
    Great idea! Continue to stay positive, work hard, set yourself goals, and never quit.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3551109].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author garamiller
    Banned
    [DELETED]
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3551890].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author cweber
      Originally Posted by garamiller View Post

      I think I already read this plan somewhere else>
      Oh! He just copied it from Amazion Profit Plan ebook
      LOL...some pieces are from the amazonian profit plan ebook such as the style of article to write but other than that it is all what I have put together based on what I like doing and what not. It's not like I'm selling anything here anyways either so who cares if my entire plan was copied from Amazonian profit plan.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3555059].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Mike McAleer
        Originally Posted by cweber View Post

        LOL...some pieces are from the amazonian profit plan ebook such as the style of article to write but other than that it is all what I have put together based on what I like doing and what not. It's not like I'm selling anything here anyways either so who cares if my entire plan was copied from Amazonian profit plan.
        Well now you basically gave away a tad of their product which isn't very nice..
        Signature

        Recent domain flips : $8->$1000 Social recruiting Software dot com $8->$2000 MobileSalesSoftware.com
        Invest in domains without the hard work !
        Email for details...Mike McAleer at me dot com

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3555086].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author JohnMcCabe
          Originally Posted by Mike McAleer View Post

          Well now you basically gave away a tad of their product which isn't very nice..
          Most people would not have known the difference unless they had also read the ebook, at least until you outed him...

          Also not very nice...
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3555300].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author showmegreen
    highly searched less competition?that's a paradox
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3552159].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Michael Franklin
    Originally Posted by cweber View Post

    My plan is based on numbers and volume rather than skill and luck which some seem to think making money online requires (luck). I f I keep at it in 2 months I will have 60+ reviews out there and keeping it conservative, if I make 2-3 sales per month with each review at an average of $5 per sale (I am mainly targeting products over $100) then that is an extra $600-$900 per month which isn't too bad at all and with that I would reinvest it to outsource the review writing and keep scaling it up more and more.

    I would like to know if you guys think this is a good plan of attack and if there is anything you might change about the plan let me know I am open for ideas. Thanks
    Your plan of attack is good! Be sure that you are backlinking daily. It sounds like you have some automation in place so 30+ keywords per site should be ok.

    Use your title, tagline and about section of your site to mention your site's category or niche keyword. Google likes to focus in these areas and it is a great way to give your site's on-site SEO a good boost.
    Signature

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3552400].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Ehsan_am
    I only see one problem with this plan.

    It is always better to have several smaller properties than a huge one. Small niche websites that make a couple of bucks everyday can be flipped for some handome chuncks of money.

    Having niche websites gives the luxury of flipping those that don't seem to be doing that well while building more and more the ones that convert better.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3553482].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author developyourlife
    I hated Amazon. The commission was way to low for me. Although, I did like the direct deposit option. Anyway, good luck!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3553517].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Zenix
    Sounds like a good plan, just believe in yourself, many don't, that's why they fail.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3555312].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author jacked
    Sounds like you know what your doing, I love Amazon's affiliate program and have a bunch of niche sites for it.
    Signature

    BEST LINKS AT THE BEST PRICE GUARANTEED

    HIGHLY REVIEWED - BEST PRICES - AMAZING SERVICE
    Comments, Profiles, Pyramids, Bookmarks, Article Submissions, Web 2.0 Creation, & Much MORE
    WF THREAD
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3555720].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Murlu
    Cweber,

    You've got a solid head on your shoulders: going for long-term revenue vs. the quick profits.

    Your plan is right on target. The only other thing I'd add is to occasionally go back through your analytics to find the most popular reviews and begin testing and optimizing them in between the individual work for new reviews and pages.

    I say this because instead of waiting 6 - 12 months down the line to notice a small tweak that could increase your profits - you don't leave money on the table

    There's little things like making images click able, using Amazon buy buttons, pointing people to the reviews on Amazon and other small things that work wonders.

    As they say "just get them to Amazon" and then let them do their own thing. Amazon has a great conversion and tons of opportunity for up sells and cross selling.

    I've had a wide range of products bought through my links that have been completely unrelated to my main niche - can't complain there

    Keep at it and stay consistent!
    Signature

    PLRArticlesNow.com - Niche-Ready PLR Articles Packs at just $12.95 each!

    Murlu.com - Where I write about starting an online business and taking your blog to the next level.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3555909].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author VOnline
    Sounds good. And you have it all set out as well.
    Signature
    WardrobeStaples.com
    Pleasures of Effortlessly Receiving New Wardrobe Essentials Every Month


    Feel good about throwing out old clothes because you know there’ll be a new one waiting for you at the door.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3556277].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author cweber
    Thank you for all the amazing feedback guys, it really helps keep me motivated. A couple questions for you guys though:

    1 - for those of you who write a bunch of reviews and then queue them to post ever couple days or so over the next few months, would it not be better to just post them all at once to get them ranking? I mean if you have some really good reviews that happen to rank very well easily and convert very well too but you only get it posted 6 months down the road, that's a possible 6 months of revenue you just missed out on right? Just like to hear your opinions on this.

    2 - Has anyone tried using the amazon buy buttons and do they work well? I know other tools from Amazon like the widgets and banners don't work very well, especially for conversions so how does the buy buttons stack up?

    Thanks again everyone
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3557204].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Syamsul Alam
      Originally Posted by cweber View Post

      Thank you for all the amazing feedback guys, it really helps keep me motivated. A couple questions for you guys though:

      1 - for those of you who write a bunch of reviews and then queue them to post ever couple days or so over the next few months, would it not be better to just post them all at once to get them ranking? I mean if you have some really good reviews that happen to rank very well easily and convert very well too but you only get it posted 6 months down the road, that's a possible 6 months of revenue you just missed out on right? Just like to hear your opinions on this.

      2 - Has anyone tried using the amazon buy buttons and do they work well? I know other tools from Amazon like the widgets and banners don't work very well, especially for conversions so how does the buy buttons stack up?

      Thanks again everyone
      I'll try to answer your questions based on my experience.

      First,

      It is better to NOT publish your article all at one. If you can keep your site to appear like it is updated daily, that will be doing really good on your search engine result position performance, google spider will learn how often you update your site and visit your site more frequently (in this case once a day).

      You can make all of your articles published in one day and of course every articles will be indexed, but you'll not be doing really well in SERP. (One key factor in good SERP is recent cache date. Not page rank.)

      Second,

      I never try it myself so I don't know for sure.

      However, amazon invest lot of money and time in maximizing its conversion. I believe amazon button already goes through lots of trial and error to make it appears like today.

      So it might be worth a shot. I personally believe that it will convert better than any custom button if your site have white background color like amazon.

      Cheers, Alam.
      Signature
      Signature Here...
      ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Move your cursor to my link and it will magically turned red when you do it. Try (and click) it!
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4216860].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author O0o0O
    That's a great plan, mate. I would diversify your monetization strategies if I were you. In addition to Amazon links, include AdSense, Clickbank, Commission Junction, Linkshare and more.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3558447].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author JohnMcCabe
      Originally Posted by goodmast3r View Post

      Guys, what do yout think writing Amazon reviews on Hubpages and Squidoo? They certainly have bigger website than ours? So more easily ranked?
      The biggest problem with using sites like Hubpages and Squidoo is that you do not control your own pages. Ask the folks who built up a bevy of lenses, only to find that Squidoo locked them or deleted them for being in the "wrong" niches - some of which were perfectly acceptable right up to the moment they were disallowed.

      It's like the folks who built big networks of Blogger blogs, only to find them suddenly deleted, with all work gone.

      Whatever short term ranking benefit you might see from putting your content on someone else's (bigger) site, the lack of control just isn't worth it to a lot of people.

      Besides, if you do things the right way, you can outrank either Squidoo or Hubpages - with no worry about finding your work gone due to someone else's decision. I imagine that's a very helpless feeling...
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3559847].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author goodmast3r
        Well said. Thanks!

        Originally Posted by JohnMcCabe View Post

        The biggest problem with using sites like Hubpages and Squidoo is that you do not control your own pages. Ask the folks who built up a bevy of lenses, only to find that Squidoo locked them or deleted them for being in the "wrong" niches - some of which were perfectly acceptable right up to the moment they were disallowed.

        It's like the folks who built big networks of Blogger blogs, only to find them suddenly deleted, with all work gone.

        Whatever short term ranking benefit you might see from putting your content on someone else's (bigger) site, the lack of control just isn't worth it to a lot of people.

        Besides, if you do things the right way, you can outrank either Squidoo or Hubpages - with no worry about finding your work gone due to someone else's decision. I imagine that's a very helpless feeling...
        Signature
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3560809].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Andrea Wilson
    Most of us earns from Adsense but maybe we can make a change and try out Amazon for a while as well. I read your whole plan and I can say that I can feel your confidence in your plan.I have almost the same plan in my mind right now and your post might push me more to consider Amazon review site in addition to my other niche sites.

    Andrea
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3561003].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author dracoboar
    Originally Posted by cweber View Post


    I am using automatic backlink creator to build backlinks slowly so it doesn't look to suspicious to google. I think this will work well too as the product name keywords I am targeting are low competition so it should be easier to rank high with especially with my aged domain as well.
    First off congratulations on all your new success.

    Can anyone explain to me the "automatic backlink creator"

    thanks
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4217016].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author advertisethis
    Originally Posted by cweber View Post

    My plan is based on numbers and volume rather than skill and luck which some seem to think making money online requires (luck). I f I keep at it in 2 months I will have 60+ reviews out there and keeping it conservative, if I make 2-3 sales per month with each review at an average of $5 per sale (I am mainly targeting products over $100) then that is an extra $600-$900 per month which isn't too bad at all and with that I would reinvest it to outsource the review writing and keep scaling it up more and more.

    I know some people mentioned diversifying income streams because Amazon has been pulling out of certain states lately due to take issues. I'm from Canada though so I don't think this will ever be an issue for me (or at least not in the near future), so I feel pretty safe with Amazon
    Are you purchasing each of these $100+ products or rewriting reviews from a collection of manufacturers' info and previous reviews?

    Do Amazon purchases in Canada get taxed?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4217333].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author dagaul101
    I think it's a great plan especially if it looks natural, so 30 reviews a month is feasible for the search engines to consider it a normal growing site
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4217469].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author bam2bam
    Sounds great, thanks for sharing. Now take action and leverage
    Signature
    An Incredible $200 Value Report - FREE! Building A List Now
    BRAINDEAD money making Workshops The PLR Cashblowout
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4217708].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author jackrice
    this is a very good plan just know that it is a game of number and traffic : creating more pages of reviews and making sure they get to the first page of the keyword in Google as well as aiming at the first 3 position will earn you loads of cash with amazon. keep it up
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7287640].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author thedog
    Curious cweber... how did it work out for you?

    Did you stick to your plan? is it working out for you?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7287758].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Kay King
      this is a very good plan
      YOUR plan seem to involve bumping threads from over a year ago - and that's not a great idea.
      Signature
      Every child needs a pet because every family needs an optimist

      Saving one dog will not save the world....but will forever change the world for one dog.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7287990].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author cooler1
      Originally Posted by thedog View Post

      Curious cweber... how did it work out for you?

      Did you stick to your plan? is it working out for you?
      From his other thread, it sounds like it worked, but he was affected by penguin probably due to the automatic backlinking he talked about in his plan.

      I am using automatic backlink creator to build backlinks slowly so it doesn't look to suspicious to google.
      Signature

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7288541].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author tjm2788
    Go for it! Make sure you are sending people with their cards out ready to buy as Amazons cookie length is a major obstacle when promoting products.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7288749].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author cooler1
      Originally Posted by tjm2788 View Post

      Go for it! Make sure you are sending people with their cards out ready to buy as Amazons cookie length is a major obstacle when promoting products.
      He posted the thread nearly 2 years ago lol.
      Signature

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7289170].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author x11joex11
    Do you have any updates for how this worked out for you?
    Signature

    -= Currently looking for craigslist & facebook experts =-

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7289975].message }}

Trending Topics