I was about to post this on another thread where someone asked for advice on how to start over and make money online. I decided it would be better to share this in a thread of it's own. Please feel free to add detail to the outline as long as it doesn't confuse or distract from the basic principles....
I feel like most people just keep on learning new techniques, new strategies, and new systems, and never end up making any money because they never stick to one system.
It's not difficult to make money online, as long as you will put the work in every day for 2 months.
Here's a blueprint for you guys to follow...
Starting over can be great! Get focused, and decided to put in the work and you WILL succeed.
Here's a plan you can apply for affiliate marketing.
1. Choose a product to promote. Let's say from clickbank. I've used clickbank for many promotions, and I like the variety of products on there. Choose a product which fills a NEED. Something that solves a deep, urgent problem. I personally feel you will get better conversion if the topic/ problem is a painful one. (Versus just a hobby or something with weaker emotional triggers..) Think diseases, emotional pain, maybe something you or your family/friends have experience with...
Make sure the product looks professional, and the copy/salespage is good enough that you would buy from it. Make sure that you FEEL that this product would actually solve the problem it sets out to solve (Don't promote crappy products, they won't sell...)
2. Keyword research. Use google keyword tool if you don't have any paid tools. Brain storm different variations for keywords people might type into the search engine. Try to go for BUYING keywords, not RESEARCH keywords.
IE. Cure Migraine Headache Naturally(buying) VS. Migraine Symptoms(research)....
Dig deep, go for longer keywords/phrases. Look for a keyword that gets searched more than 100 times/day on EXACT match.
Check to see how many sites are competing for that keyword by typing into google:
Also search for your keyword without quotes, and take a look at the first and second page results. Notice if there are any Exact Match Domains.
Take a look at how many backlinks each site has (links to the page, not to the domain), and the PR of the sites. Use SEOQuake for this...(Firefox plugin)
4. Once set on the main keyword, buy an exact match domain. Buy .com .net or .org
If not available, buy domain with suffix. IE. MigraineCureSite.com
Get Hosting at hostgator. (Not the lowest plan, but middle one)
5. Next, install wordpress. Keep the default 2010 theme.
Download xheader for free. Create a header and upload it to the theme.
Install all-in-one-seo plugin on wordpress, and fill it out with your KWs.
6. Make first post on blog targeting your main keyword. This post should almost be a sales/recommendation post for your affiliate product.
Make the post useful, share a story, but also make sure you promote and highly recommend the affiliate program that will solve their problem.
Make sure you add the links for the affiliate program in a visible place. Add 2-3 instances, and make sure at least one is right at the top of the post.
Make sure you include your keyword in the title of the post. Also include the keyword in the opening paragraph, last paragrah, and spread in between. Also bold one instance of the KW, underline another instance, and Italicize another instance.
Add a picture at the top or middle of the post, and add an 'alt' tag with your keyword in it. (google if unsure how...)
Publish the post, and make it a sticky.
7. Next, go back to the google keyword tool. Use the tool to gather as many keywords as you can that relate to you main product/keyword.
Write them down in notepad and save it. These will be the keywords for your articles/posts.
You don't need to research competition for these... Try to get around 100 keywords.
8. Sign up to Ezinearticles, GoArticles, Article Dashboard, Wordpress.com, Blogspot, Hubpages, Squidoo.
9. Write an article around 500 words about your main keyword. Make sure you put in helpful tips and don't be salesy in the article.
Post this article to Ezinearticles. In the resource box, put a link to your site and use the main keyword as your anchor text
10. Write another article, same KW. Submit it to Go articles.
11-15. Write 4 more articles focused on your main keyword. Post these to the remaining sites, one each....
16. Save the URL of each web property/articles for further bookmarking/linking....
17. Use social marker to bookmark using only the top sites, book mark your blog and all of your properties. (Bookmark each one after you create it, don't bookmark them all at the same time/same day...)
18. Get Angela's + Paul's Backlinks. Or Get The "Strongest Backlink Packet" from fellow warrior Orkhan Azar(sp?). These are profile backlinks, use these to backlink each one of your new properties.
19. Now that you've done all of this for your main keyword, start the process over for the next keyword on your list.
(Write 1 article - post on your blog - social bookmark - use backlink packet on the post url not on main domain)
The process is pretty much write article, post on property and link back to your site, social bookmark it, use backlink packet on it. Repeat for all different properties. Then continue on and repeat with a new keyword.
Don't overthink it, Articles will bring you traffic so use them!
Spend all of your time creating content for every keyword in your niche, and you'll end up dominating your niche and making great money!
Sorry if some parts aren't clear, I was getting tired writing this in one go... I know I've skipped out on lots of details, but with this and Google Search you could pretty much figure everything out on your own...
I hope you guys benefit from this, don't think too much, just take action and do the work. The whole point is that there's LOTS of methods to make money online, but you WILL NOT make any money unless you commit to taking one method and saying to yourself, "I'm going to do this everyday until I make money with it. I will not stray from it, I will not stop until I make money with this method!"..
In reality, if all you did was write 10 articles each day focusing on different keywords in your niche submitting them all to ezine articles, and point the resource box to your site, you would be able to generate major traffic, and lots of sales!
WORK WORK WORK!!!
All the best,