Fiverr Gigs Not Selling

35 replies
Hi guys,

I was wondering if any of you have any tips to increase conversions of Fiverr gigs, or if anyone wnats to exchange likes etc to help take up of each others gigs.
#fiverr #gigs #selling
  • The best tip I can give you is to promote your fiverr gig outside of the site itself.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3248291].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author iAmNameLess
    I never had any luck with fiverr... but then again, I don't know of anything that I would do for $5.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3248309].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author RaptorGabe
    Some things I have been doing is selling PLR books on fiver. Its incredibly easy and you can actually get things rolling quickly when you get a few orders under your belt. Also, selling basic image creation (such as Facebook Fan Page images, Craigslist Image Ads, etc) is a great way to think outside the box
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3248320].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Jay D
    Have a look at the best selling fiverr gigs and then offer something better!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3248332].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author stevemarino
    The most obvious answer is that you're either offering something which no-one wants or you're offering something in an area where one or more people are offering better value.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3248333].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author mandark
    You can look in the 'requests' bar on the lower right hand side of your section (ie the Writing or Programming or w/e section): if someone is requesting your product, send them a private message pointing them toward your product.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3248413].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Dean Martin
    Originally Posted by acopson View Post

    Hi guys,

    I was wondering if any of you have any tips to increase conversions of Fiverr gigs, or if anyone wnats to exchange likes etc to help take up of each others gigs.
    Bribe a couple people to buy from you and get a couple ^ reviews. With so many vendors to choose from now I almost never buy from someone with no reviews yet.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3248429].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author MarcoJardel
      You're not utilising your Warrior signature.

      If you've got any gigs that would benefit the Internet Marketing crowd, you should link them in your signature.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3248455].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author acopson
        Originally Posted by MarcoJardel View Post

        You're not utilising your Warrior signature.

        If you've got any gigs that would benefit the Internet Marketing crowd, you should link them in your signature.
        I thought i was not allowed to put links in my signature??
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3248493].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author George Wright
        Originally Posted by MarcoJardel View Post

        You're not utilising your Warrior signature.

        If you've got any gigs that would benefit the Internet Marketing crowd, you should link them in your signature.
        In which case, why even link to fiver? Just put the gig in your sig and keep all the money less paypal fees, instead of getting only $4 less paypal fees (fiver gets $1.)

        George Wright
        Signature
        "The first chapter sells the book; the last chapter sells the next book." Mickey Spillane
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3248761].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author gravtex
          Originally Posted by George Wright View Post

          In which case, why even link to fiver? Just put the gig in your sig and keep all the money less paypal fees, instead of getting only $4 less paypal fees (fiver gets $1.)

          George Wright
          It's a way to leverage your WarriorForum credibility to build Fiverr credibility.

          As Dean mentioned earlier, most us buying on Fiverr only purchase from established sellers - we don't want to deal with anyone new so new people run into the problem of nobody buying from them because they're not rated and they can't get rated if nobody buys from them.

          By putting it in your sig line on the WarriorForum someone here who wouldn't have purchased from you before will buy one of your gigs because they know your from WF and they can help you get those critical first few ratings you need to get others on Fiverr to buy from you too.

          Gary
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3253461].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author acopson
            Originally Posted by gravtex View Post

            It's a way to leverage your WarriorForum credibility to build Fiverr credibility.

            As Dean mentioned earlier, most us buying on Fiverr only purchase from established sellers - we don't want to deal with anyone new so new people run into the problem of nobody buying from them because they're not rated and they can't get rated if nobody buys from them.

            By putting it in your sig line on the WarriorForum someone here who wouldn't have purchased from you before will buy one of your gigs because they know your from WF and they can help you get those critical first few ratings you need to get others on Fiverr to buy from you too.

            Gary
            Thanks very much for the advice Gary, much appreciated
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3253474].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Pinkysoll
    Banned
    Social bookmarking is also a way to go. And yeah you need some reviews, it helps others want to purchase from you.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3248688].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author AHayes183
    I'm afraid I can't help much. I tried to find a researcher through there a few weeks ago but got no response. Try the "wanted" section right here on Warrior instead.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3248702].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author warriorzX
    How about offering a review service for gigs?
    Signature

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3248709].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author YoichiSpeaks
    There are bunch of bs gigs on fiverr. The ones I see with a lot of success is either very unique, article writing, artistic gigs, graphics, video editing type gigs.

    Social media is best way for Fiverr advertising in my opinion.
    Signature
    Create Your Own Proven, Dependable and Profitable Online Income Stream...MapForMoney.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3248731].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author stealthpromo
    Try to get featured, also have someone design you better looking images/videos for the listings. If anyones interested i have 3 unique fiverr products, all set up on the site (+ drop ship) for sale.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3248803].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author GeorgR.
    fiverr is great for buyers, but selling there is horrible.
    Signature
    *** Affiliate Site Quick --> The Fastest & Easiest Way to Make Affiliate Sites!<--
    -> VISIT www.1UP-SEO.com *** <- Internet Marketing, SEO Tips, Reviews & More!! ***
    *** HIGH QUALITY CONTENT CREATION +++ Manual Article Spinning (Thread Here) ***
    Content Creation, Blogging, Articles, Converting Sales Copy, Reviews, Ebooks, Rewrites
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3253477].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Dash Evra
    I have a few Fiverr gigs up. One of them averages 2 order a day which I am very proud of. trying to figure out where the visitors are coming from. When I ask my clients how they find my gigs they say through my signature from internet marketing forum or they got recommended by a friend.

    So, I guess just do some free advertising outside of Fiverr and things will pick up.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3253527].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author JustinDupre
    Maybe create a group on Facebook and start by inviting all your friends first to put yourself out there. Always good to promote outside of fiverr in classified site like craiglist and etc.
    Signature
    I offer CPA coaching and investment opportunities for those SERIOUSLY interested in making money directly or indirectly with affiliate marketing. PM me for details.


    Read More about CPA/Affiliate Marketing on my Blog
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3540594].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author BuddzzzV2
    How would someone go about "review" gigs? Like what would I do as a seller on Fiverr if I wanted to offer review gigs to first X amount of people?
    Signature
    Buddzzz on Fiverr
    My first registration on WarriorForum never sent me an activation email, so I had to create Buddzzz version 2
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3638723].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Joyful Thiek
    A friend of mine has a gig which I help promote from time to time and that gig has had more than 90 orders. It's a Facebook fans gig.

    What I usually do is look if anyone is looking for the service that my friend's offering. You'll see what people are looking for in the right sidebar. If I see someone looking for the kind of gig she was offering, I instantly contact them with a link to the gig. And most of these buyers buy from her again and again because her service is fast and have never had a single negative review.

    The best way to promote a gig is by driving traffic from outside Fiverr. External traffic is very valuable to the Fiverr mods. If you can get enough external traffic to your gig and if that gig has made several sales, you can ask them to consider your gig for featured listing.

    As mentioned by gravtex, putting a signature link here will greatly help.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3638761].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author celenco
      Originally Posted by AllFans View Post

      A friend of mine has a gig which I help promote from time to time and that gig has had more than 90 orders. It's a Facebook fans gig.

      What I usually do is look if anyone is looking for the service that my friend's offering. You'll see what people are looking for in the right sidebar. If I see someone looking for the kind of gig she was offering, I instantly contact them with a link to the gig. And most of these buyers buy from her again and again because her service is fast and have never had a single negative review.

      The best way to promote a gig is by driving traffic from outside Fiverr. External traffic is very valuable to the Fiverr mods. If you can get enough external traffic to your gig and if that gig has made several sales, you can ask them to consider your gig for featured listing.

      As mentioned by gravtex, putting a signature link here will greatly help.
      Good tip but isn't the pay of Fiverr too small?
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3639767].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Joyful Thiek
        Originally Posted by celenco View Post

        Good tip but isn't the pay of Fiverr too small?
        Yes it is small. It's just $5, out of which $1 goes to Fiverr as a fee. But the gigs that are offered are micro-jobs. The pay is small, the work is small. If working working for a mere 10 - 20 minutes can get you $4, it's a good deal by all means.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3640473].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author FredJones
      This is excellent information - I have so far never really been able to work out why some gigs are considered great by the Fiverr mods. I shall keep this one in mind.

      Originally Posted by AllFans View Post

      The best way to promote a gig is by driving traffic from outside Fiverr. External traffic is very valuable to the Fiverr mods. If you can get enough external traffic to your gig and if that gig has made several sales, you can ask them to consider your gig for featured listing.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3640639].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author dakota5369
    you need to watch yourself on fiverr. they really are screwing me over. i had a paypal account attached to them, but the account became limited which means i couldnt get money out of there. so i simply went and switched the paypal account attached to my fiverr account and withdrew my money.

    well, they still sent it to my old accound. so i instantly refunded the money and sent a letter to them. they said i needed to send 500 different document to the to switch accounts. this wasnt listed anywhere when i switched it though! so i sent them the info and said now please send the money to my account. i get another response saying they dont accept incoming money from paypal so they dont have my money and that is an issue for paypal. paypal of course says the money has been refunded to fiverr.

    so basically, fiverr just stole $246 from me
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3643553].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Joyful Thiek
      Originally Posted by dakota5369 View Post

      you need to watch yourself on fiverr. they really are screwing me over. i had a paypal account attached to them, but the account became limited which means i couldnt get money out of there. so i simply went and switched the paypal account attached to my fiverr account and withdrew my money.

      well, they still sent it to my old accound. so i instantly refunded the money and sent a letter to them. they said i needed to send 500 different document to the to switch accounts. this wasnt listed anywhere when i switched it though! so i sent them the info and said now please send the money to my account. i get another response saying they dont accept incoming money from paypal so they dont have my money and that is an issue for paypal. paypal of course says the money has been refunded to fiverr.

      so basically, fiverr just stole $246 from me
      Apart from all the $1 fees that they 'steal' from us sellers, losing $246 like that is just not right. That must have sucked!
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3644750].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author strategia
      Originally Posted by dakota5369 View Post

      you need to watch yourself on fiverr.
      That sounds bad but doesnt surprise me. I am not a seller but as a regular buyer, I've found that 5rr doesn;t look after its customers so it doesn;t shock me to hear your story, just really disappoints me.

      I had bought a block of 4 gigs off a guy who lied his way around the "complete" date without ever delivering anything at all. But he is still offering and selling on 5rr. He wouldnt answer any of my messages so I contacted support.

      All I asked was that they get in touch with him to get him to complete my order (they can see exactly what was NOT delivered). No, the job was "completed" and I would have to contact the seller myself even though I had already told them he didnt answer.

      5rr is a great concept but the people running it are suspect. Good luck with your efforts to collect your money.
      Signature
      PeterGuiliano Local Business Marketing Melbourne
      I don't sell anything on Warrior Forum but I may as well use the link.
      Last count, my 4 month old site had over 130 first page keywords on google.com.au plus A and B Places, Press Releases, YouTube videos and my YouTube page listing along with many of my Local Directory listings — all page 1. And I'm happy to help you if I can.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4424515].message }}
      • Originally Posted by strategia View Post

        All I asked was that they get in touch with him to get him to complete my order (they can see exactly what was NOT delivered). No, the job was "completed" and I would have to contact the seller myself even though I had already told them he didnt answer.
        Contact customer support again and tell them you didn't receive the deliverable. Fiverr routinely refunds in such cases.

        fLufF
        --
        Signature
        Fiverr is looking for freelance writers for its blog. Details here.
        Love microjobs? Work when you want and get paid in cash the same day!
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4424553].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author QuelThalas
    Originally Posted by acopson View Post

    Hi guys,

    I was wondering if any of you have any tips to increase conversions of Fiverr gigs, or if anyone wnats to exchange likes etc to help take up of each others gigs.
    I think more unique gigs will help your income bro.and you have to research the other gigs if they have a lot lof customers you have to following them what they make
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4424846].message }}

Trending Topics